[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anybody knows where I can find a HD version of this art? Bee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
anybody knows where I can find a HD version of this art? Been wanting to print it but can't find anything decent.

either way Xenoblade Chronicles X thread.

thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE0PpPREGkE

>Level
>Favorite Skell
>Party
>Favorite Region

Level 53
Verus
MC, Elma, Lin and L
Oblivia and Sylvalum
>>
That music is the gayest shit I've ever heard. When will weeaboos go extinct?
>>
>>321277525
whatever you say senpai
>>
>>321277439

LvL 52
Lailah
MC, Elma, Lin, Celica/Irina
Noctilum
>>
>>321278398
didn't take the time to recruit Celica yet. How does she compare to other char?
>>
>>321277439
lvl 40
Mine.
MC, Nagi, H.B., Elma
Noctilum
>>
Its pretty amazing that they managed to make the characters into even bigger one-dimensional anime cliches than the first game.
>>
>>321278606
Haven't given much time to look over her Arts and whatnot, but by impression, she's Elma x Irina with a focus on Ranged arts and debuffs. She's also INCREDIBLY squishy and tends to be the first one to bite the dust.

So probably useful as a support DPS of sorts but so far a little underwhelming (again, I probably just haven't put enough time into looking over her arts/skills properly yet)
>>
File: zdc83h08.jpg (115 KB, 297x296) Image search: [Google]
zdc83h08.jpg
115 KB, 297x296
>>321278980
>Elma not being the better char of the 2 games
>Lin and Tatsu not working as a great duo
>L, Celica, Doug and Irina not "interesting"

"I didn't do any sidequest : the post"
>>
LMAO, was listening to this and thinking "this aint japanese.... not english either..."

took me a sec to realize they're speakng german.

Sounds even fucking worse than engrish.
>>
>>321279145
I'm a retard, thoguht the name of the song was overdrive and it's "Wir fliegen".

So yeah it was obviously in german
>>
>>321279124
POTATOES
>>
Hey guys wanna hear a joke?
Lin try's to eat Tatsu XD
>>
>>321279314
lol i wonder if she's gonna try to fry or boil him this time!!!
>>
>>321279124
Not him but Irina's only interesting trait is her hate of Murderess, While Dougs only interesting trait is his trust for Lao.

Other than these they are completely generic.
>>
>>321279124
Nah fuck you, I did the side quests and affinity quests. Every character in this game is a boring, flat and static.
>>Elma not being the better char of the 2 games
Elma is a boring mary sue and her VA sounds stiff as a board the entire game.
>>Lin and Tatsu not working as a great duo
Yes, I certainly loved listening to 5000 jokes about Lin cooking Tatsu. That is some witty, clever writing.
>>L
>hype up L as a knowledgeable Miran native
>dont explain what he is
>LOL QUIRKY SHOPKEEPER TIME
Yep, such an interesting character
>Doug
His only role in the story is to be reliable generic army guy.
>Irina
>HEY GUYS IM A MAN-HATING BITCH. FUCK MEN AMIRITE? XD
>Celica
the only mildly interesting character on that list.
I mean really dude, you're trying to convince me that the game has intersting characters, and those shitters are the ones you picked? The only characters in the game who have somewhat meaningful character development are Nagi, Phog, HB, and Hope, even if it was hampered by their lack of interactions with the rest of the cast due to the way the party is setup. You just sound like a butthurt fanboy.
Speaking of which, that was a big problem I had with this game's characters. Most of them interact with the mute MC, and no one else. You can't show off a characters wit when they're basically having a conversation with themselves. There's no one to bounce off of. Its just boring and comes off as really awkward.
>>
>>321279585
Doug is interesting because he's the only one to fear legitimate things in the end of the game and to express them this way. Plus sidequest with the playable char go quite deep into their development.

They're not Last Story tier of good character writing, but they're certainly more interesting and likeable than any char from the first Xenoblade. I did love this game but god were the character garbage.
>>
>>321279585
how do you unlock the murderess missions
>>
>>321278606
She has ghostwalker which makes better than most characters.
>>
>>321279980
I only did the first affinity mission, It's literally right next to where Murderess normally is,

That's the lower level of the administrative district, in case you didn't know.

I don't know what conditions are required to make it visible or what progress requirements there are.
>>
>>321277439
>>Level
>>Favorite Skell
Verus all day ery day
>>Party
Cross, Elma, Doogay, Hope
>>Favorite Region
Sylvalum best ost, Oblivia best exploration, Noctilum best secrets

I like how Couldros reminds me of those industrial lava areas in WoW
>>
>>321279695
>Elma is a boring mary sue
I don't think you know what a Mary Sue is
>>
>>321277439
You can find an HD version on waifu2x
>>
>>321280189
I dont think you do
>>
>>321280381
Explain.
>>
>>321279695
I don't see how Elma is a Mary Sue. Being what she is everything only made sense to me. And sometimes she felt like the only one capable of thinking clearly.

Tatsu/Link jokes are teddious and boring, I'll give you that. Especially towards the end. But I really enjoyed Lin's character overall, and thought she wasn't that much of a cliche.

For other char, I guess it's all subjective. Once again I felt like they were overall better than the first game's. L has an interesting setting I'd like to know more about, and Doug surprised me positively towards the end; which is more I could say than about any char from Xenoblade

I'll agree than the mute MC thing was far from perfect. Most of the time it didn't bother me, I felt like we were a "random talented soldier than followed his colonel" and that's what we were objectively, but on relationship with other characters, I'll agree that it was a huge step back.

>>321280291
kek.
>>
Had this game for like 3 weeks sitting sealed on my desk.

I'm on 5.4.0 and cant play because it updates to 5.5.0.

Apparently a hack is coming for 5.5.0 in the next week so I'm debating updating, downloading the data packs and playing.
>>
>>321280381
Elmas not a Mary Sue by any stretch of the meaning. She's a commander, she fucks up a lot, she's put for personal gain, she doesnt save everyone, shes not a self insert, shes not Takahashis self insert...how on earth is she a Mary Sue?

If you manage to win every single quest in the best way possible, then Cross would be a Mary Sue, if you want to get technical.
>>
>>321280291
holy shit it's not that bad. not perfect but not bad
>>
>>321279695
Lin would've been so much better if they made jokes about her Skell obsession, instead of fucking food jokes all the time
>>
>Elma is not a Mary Sue

Literally an Alien goddess and the savior of humaity
>>
>>321281103
I would buy the fuck out of a print of this.

In fact, here's a bunch of shit I'd love to own if Nintendo managed to franchise well.

>this art
>artbook for mario galaxy
>rosalinas storybook
>the last story concept book
>fire emblem lore book

Among other shit. I wish Nintendo got their shit sorted and has more supplemental products for their franchises.
>>
>>321281278
Still not a Mary Sue buddy.
>>
>>321281278
> a God and a Savior is a Mary Sue

yeah so you have no idea what this means.
>>
>>321281329
for prints, better order them yourself. There are plenty of site where you can have poster or card printed or stuff like that.
>>
>>321280898
>she fucks up a lot
when?
>>
>>321281484
Still, I just see it as a constant reminder of Nintendo not letting an UP get popular.

They're always talking about "growing their IPs" in investors meetings. The only IP that is given the merchandising and marketing to actually grow is Mario. I see it as absolute hypocrisy.

Still, HD artwork of that would be great
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 958x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 958x720
I'm getting the game tonight and I'm pretty sure I got the collectors edition. I am pretty fucking pumped. I played about half of chronicles this week to pump myself up.
>>
>Go to hell please
some of this battle dialogue is just so stupid
>>
>>321281727
>Lets MURDER-ate them! =D
>Heeere skelly ;)
>Uh oh I'm getting wobbbleeee D:

If I don't find that quest to change my Mim soon I think I'm going to have an aneurysm
>>
>>321281838
its Yardley's questline, and you have to complete two of them.
>>
>>321281917
Yeah I've never been able to find it
>>
>>321281620
>Let youknowwho do youknowhwhat while she suspected him to do so for a while because muh doubts
> wants to settle everything unproperly before getting btfo and having to adapt
> unable to understand any of mira's mysteries
> unable to understand most of human reactions

If anything, she's more clever, calm and analytic than any other char. I'd call her a robot rather than a Mary Sue.
>>
>>321281959
it's somewhere below NLA. In the water. There's a platform with a guy standing there. Don't remember the specifics tho
>>
>>321277439
LV60, all class rank 10
Amdusias
MC, Elma, Lin, Sharon
Sylvalum as long as there is no fucking spore
>>
>>321281959
I think he's in the hangar. IIRC there's an NPC near the blade barracks who talks about him when you eavesdrop
>>321282032
thats the second quest. You have to complete the first one before he goes there.
>>
>>321281838

House of Cards at mission control.

And its your fault for not picking Shulk/Fiora voices.
>>
>>321281838
Better than the Xeno scum

>HORSE EAT HORSE WORLD
>TATSU TATSU TASU LIN WANT TO EAT ME TATSU TATSU
>Jar Jar with a chipmunk filter on
>>
>>321282389
Orpheans, Wrothians, and Zarubaggons are pretty based though
>>
>>321282469
this

Wrothian weapons and armor are GOAT. Orpheans remind me of Metroid Luminoth's (which is always a good thing). And Zarubaggons are funny as hell.
>>
>>321281727
Y A L L

Y

A

L

L
>>
Man, they really didn't do much to improve the shitty AI for your party characters.
>get killed
>2 party members have 3000 TP
>one blows it on random arts
>the other uses it to revive Boze instead of me
>>
>>321283251
git gud and learn to use Voices to never die
>>
>no co op
>>
>>321284170
>you'll never explore Mira together with your waifu while cuddling on the couch under blankets
>>
>>321284170
>>321284791

honestly considering everything that's on screen, a split screen would have been an horific mess. And using the gamepad as a second screen would have result in framerate drop / less ennemies on screen (ala Hyrule Warriors) or lame textures/less elements on screen (ala Starfox 0)

no proper online is shit tho
>>
>>321282205
WHEN I HIT I HIT HARD
>>
How can I care about the characters when they just layer on the one-dimensional character gimmicks that are all the rage nowadays.

People don't take anime seriously so lets just ham it up because people feel better thinking they're in on the joke.

Even Undertale was like the culmination of this trend. Make characters built to meme.
>>
File: 1423165443630.jpg (67 KB, 619x723) Image search: [Google]
1423165443630.jpg
67 KB, 619x723
>>321281727
>"You'll remember the day you fought me!"
>kills enemy
>>
>>321285810
This
it baffles me how people actually defend this kind of stuff when characters often literally only have one thing to talk about

why do people just not care about good writing anymore? I expected Xenoblade to be poorly written, but not this poorly. Its hard to get invested into ANYTHING if its so poorly done
>>
File: 2f7.png (145 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2f7.png
145 KB, 400x300
>15 Vita fights
>managed to shave initial time from 12:48 to 1:44
>still no Silver Vita Cores
>>
>>321278606
Useless for everything but keeping the enemies attention for a short time like all other party members.
>>
>>321282205

I'm pretty sure they'd all be grating 2bh
>>
>>321285810
>>321286885
k, senpai
>>
File: 1410841733471.jpg (18 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
1410841733471.jpg
18 KB, 200x176
>>321287259
> only fought it two times
> get 2 Silver Vita Cores

feels good man
>>
>>321288073
why bother replying you brainfart
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.