[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How expensive is a good gaming PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
How expensive is a good gaming PC?
>>
File: trump-five.jpg (484 KB, 1600x676) Image search: [Google]
trump-five.jpg
484 KB, 1600x676
The upper ceiling is whatever you are capable of spending
>>
I spent a little over $1k on mine and that was starting from scratch. It doesn't seem to have a problem with anything I throw at it. Granted I'm not playing the really challenging games on super ultra settings
>>
Depends on, you.
Now stop making this thread.
>>
>>321277689
>1k
>Can't play games on ultra
>>
>>321277386
about £1200 will get you a pc that will last for two generations of console at least before you have to play on minimum/low settings

the £500 pcs people constantly parrot about are effectively the same requirements of a current generation console if not slightly below, and will quickly go out of date/ become antiquated after a year or two of game time.

Really, if you want to play the current gen for a year or two then 600 pounds is enough, if you w ant to play for longer then I highly recommend upping the price mark to at least a grand
>>
>>321277856
>/v/
>knowing anything about pc's
i bought my pc 3 years ago for 500 euro's, and i can still play games on high or ultra without problem. you just need to do some research beforehand to make a good build
>>
>>321277551
/thread.
>>
1,000 is ideal from scratch but you'll be reusing a majority of the parts when the next generation comes along
>>
>>321277856
>the £500 pcs people constantly parrot about are effectively the same requirements of a current generation console if not slightly below, and will quickly go out of date/ become antiquated after a year or two of game time.
except upgrading such a PC will not cost another £500
>>
>>321277806
I didn't say that. I just meant I don't own games like crysis or battlefield or whatever that really needs a good system to max out

The games I do have do get defaulted to ultra.
>>
mine's about 800 these days and runs everything i throw at it maxed. built it tho.
>>
>>321277386
if you don't have a monitor, keyboard, and 5 button mouse upwards of a grand.

If you have some of those things maybe ~800
>>
>>321277806
Well you can't play on low/med at 1080 60fps for your shitty £3/400 console so it makes sense
>>
>>321277386
About tree fiddy
>>
>>321278165
>instantly assuming its a console poster

This is why everyone thinks pc gamers have inferiority complex
>>
>>321277976
are these new games tho
>>
>>321277806
I'd say it depends on what he spent those 1000 on. If he's running games at 4k or wants to play at 144fps then yeah, newer games won't run on ultra without 2 cards.
>>
>>321277386
http://www.logicalincrements.com/ is still good.
>>
>>321279681
does anyone actually play in 4k yet?
I thought it was just something people brag about but very few actually do
>>
>>321280060
In my opinion, it's not worth it yet, but people who have thousands to spend on a pc do it. You need about $2000 just to start though, and it won't run new games at ultra.
>>
>>321278049
>constant uphgrades that end up costing another 500 pounds
>versus simply wedging out another 500 pounds straight away for a superior product
>>
Am I doing it right?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4sfbmG
>>
>>321279607
yes nigger, GTA 5, Witcher 3, Fallout 4
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.