[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck what a terrible ending. Why did Chris Metzen have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 2699236-sc2lotv.jpg (137 KB, 549x640) Image search: [Google]
2699236-sc2lotv.jpg
137 KB, 549x640
Holy fuck what a terrible ending. Why did Chris Metzen have to ruin Starcraft as well? I haven't been so disappointed since ME3.
>>
>>321276682
I lost faith in the franchise @ WoL, dude. Just let it go.
>>
>>321276682
At least they didn't fuck up the multipl- oh wait.
>>
File: YHd6ly8.gif (2 MB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
YHd6ly8.gif
2 MB, 300x241
>>321276682
>Why did Chris Metzen have to ruin

Don't worry, he will keep ruining every single story for upcoming Blizzard releases.
It is his sworn duty instead of actually hiring competent writers.
>>
The campaign missions were fun aside from the epilogue and I'm having a good time with multiplayer too, despite hating WoL and HotS. Maybe you should stop sweating the small stuff and enjoy the actual gameplay, OP.
>>
File: alarak.png (103 KB, 640x378) Image search: [Google]
alarak.png
103 KB, 640x378
>>321276682
>the ONLY good character in the entire game was this guy and it was only because it was the only non-shit voiceactor
>>
>>321278427
That looks like vadar without his mask
>>
Did they do that stupid shit where they tried to make the game play like dota like they did with heart of the swarm?
Shit was pathetic
>>
>>321278357
>The campaign missions were fun

Not really. Most of them consisted of destroying some crystal or building or some shit.
In WoL you had missions like that day/night one, when the map is gradually getting covered in fire and you have to keep moving your base, that mission where Tychus pilots the THOR, etc.

I can honestly only remember the Rak'shir mission in LotV.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>>321278579
>Did they do that stupid shit where they tried to make the game play like dota like they did with heart of the swarm?

Only WoL had a DotA level with Tosh at New Folsom.

HotS was all Warcraft 3 campaign (base + a powerful hero(es)).
>>
>>321278579
>Did they do that stupid shit where they tried to make the game play like dota like they did with heart of the swarm?

Not sure what you mean.
You had several missions were you played with OP heroes with 3 abilities each.
>>
>>321276682
I remember them saying that they won't care about story anymore and wanted to focus on tje gameplay
>>
>>321278626
Yeah, WoL definitely had the best singleplayer campaign, but I still enjoyed LotV's campaign for what it was. The unit selection gimmick was really nice, and some spear of aduin (or however it's spelled) abilities were a lot of fun to use too. I honestly can't remember any missions other than the Rak'shir mission and the one where you hold out for 1.5 billion zerg, but despite the levels not being memorable I still remember having a good time. The co-op mode is a lot of fun too with a friend, though it's not that great with randoms and I wish there were more levels, though the mechanic that it's random which faction you'll fight in each helps with replayability. Honestly the new addition I like the most is how you start with way more workers and how much faster they're produced, because it greatly cuts down on the extremely tedious early-game that was in vanilla.
>>
>>321278571
He's basically a huge edgelord.
He would be unbearable in any other game, but here he's the only character who isn't entirely bland and nondescript
>>
>>321276682
>playing gookclick for the plot

huh?
actually
>playing gookclick in the year of 2016
this game died the moment idra retired
>>
File: 1449178804909.png (624 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
1449178804909.png
624 KB, 639x480
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>321278997

He wants to fuck her.
>>
>>321278997
Starcraft never had a great story. In 1 it was fine, while in 2 it was complete shit, but it was never a selling point. If you want good story in an RTS, play homeworld.
>>
>>321278969
>playing gookclick for the plot

>Review from 1998.
>Well, Red Alert is a thing of the past, and Starcraft is the current buzz, so this time it's a standard resource-gathering RTS game trying to emulate Starcraft. No, don't get excited, that doesn't mean you get a well-executed plot and interesting units. All it means is that this time instead of two races, you get three.

Hear anything about multiplayer?
Neither do I.

Starcraft was an average to bad MP game up until 2001 and by then, everyone was already playing newer, better RTS games anyway.
Everyone and their mom played the game for the fun campaign and custom map fun with friends.
>>
>>321278997
What he actually meant was:
>I'll uncorrupt you with space magic
>then you'll recorrupt yourself, invalidating the uncorruption
>I'll see you corrupt yourself again after the uncorruption, but still choose to kill you
>Then you'll become space god and fight space Cthulhu
>Then you'll uncorrupt yourself again so I can finally dick my redhead waifu
>>
>>321276682
Blizzard has forgotten how to tell stories so now they're just using the same story for all of their games.
>>
File: e3.gif (2 MB, 387x300) Image search: [Google]
e3.gif
2 MB, 387x300
>>321279179
>mfw reading each line
>>
File: Q.jpg (220 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Q.jpg
220 KB, 640x360
>>321278850
>The unit selection gimmick was really nice

Too bad it was poorly balanced and there was 1 obvious choice to stick to for every unit (apart from maybe 3 missions total where you changed up 1 or 2 units).

>some spear of aduin (or however it's spelled) abilities were a lot of fun to use too

Spear of Adun. Those abilities made the game less fun to play because of how insanely powerful they are, but the missions were balanced with them in mind so you couldn't always completely ignore them either.

LotV was one big dissapointment and that is saying something because my bar was set very low. I knew everything but possibly the missions would be bad, but I was let down even there.

And my god the script and voiceacing was so fucking BLAND. It wasn't flat out terrible but I simply couldn't give less of a shit about what any of the characters were saying apart from Alarak (because Q voiced him) so I kept skipping dialogue left and right.
>>
it is surprising how blatant they are about being consistently terrible at storytelling. they don't even try. it's probably for the best of blizzard that they move in the no-story/competitive/f2p sort of pc game market
>>
>>321279092
The thing with SC1 was that the characters and voiceacting was solid and likeable while the story itself was good (but not great).

In SC2 they shat on all that. They also made some really fucking stupid story decisions like making Kerrigen into a chosen one good guy and shit.
>>
>>321279351
There certainly wasn't 1 obvious choice for every unit, I shifted around a lot just to try them all and there were only a few units I found to be objectively inferior. They just seemed to encourage different kinds of play-styles.
You also claim that the Adun abilities were overpowered, while also saying that the game was balanced around them? I'm assuming you mean that it made the units useless in comparison to the abilities, which is a lie unless you suck at using the units. If you didn't mean the units were made useless, then I have no fucking clue what you DID mean. Did you play on easy or something?
>>
>>321279562
>it is surprising how blatant they are about being consistently terrible at storytelling. they don't even try. it's probably for the best of blizzard that they move in the no-story/competitive/f2p sort of pc game market

Again, blame Metzen.
Metzen thinks that he's a great writer and doesn't need to hire someone with actual talent.
>>
>>321279775
>Metzen thinks that he's a great writer and doesn't need to hire someone with actual talent.

I work as a writer in a game studio myself, and I consistently remind myself that I have to have a humble mindset and look on where I can improve in my work.

If I become arrogant, I know that the quality of my work will suffer. If I think my writing is always shit, that means I'll always be able to do better.
>>
>>321279697
>There certainly wasn't 1 obvious choice for every unit

Yes there were. The moment you got shit like respawning dark templars, ressurecting zealots and shit why the fuck would you ever go with anything else? Those Prisms that dealt splash damage would rape entire maps on their own no matter what they were up against.
There was always 1 clear winner that was the most effective.

>You also claim that the Adun abilities were overpowered, while also saying that the game was balanced around them?

They were powerful enough that I never even had to think or really care, even on higher difficultes and doing achievements. You could have auto vespene harvesting, cannons that raped everything in a massive AoE and even time freeze. The game was a joke and barely took any effort to beat.
I say it is balanced around it because on certain missions (like defending against millions of zerg) you cannot realistically beat it without using your ship's abilities, but using them made it too easy, there was no middle ground.
>>
>>321279889
>I work as a writer in a game studio myself, and I consistently remind myself that I have to have a humble mindset and look on where I can improve in my work.

You're not the Senior Vice President of Story and Franchise Development at Blizzard, a world famous videogame company with millions of fanboys. Shit has gone to his head.
>>
>>321278727
Kerrigan could solo any mission in the game.
You can't really say that about the other hero units you got for select non-standard missions.
>>
>>321276682
Honestly, the shame is entirely on you if you still had high expectations for the ending after WoL and HotS.
>>
File: rank.png (123 KB, 1138x676) Image search: [Google]
rank.png
123 KB, 1138x676
What are your ranks, Anons?
>>
>>321276682
he got george lukas, notch, tim schaffer. and molyneux syndrome. No one can say 'no' to him because he is already 'god' in the fanbase community
>>
>>321281829
Actually, the people are catching up to his terribleness on the WoW and Starcraft side.

With a bit of luck, the average Blizzdrone will see the shit on his/her plate for what it truly is by 2020.
>>
To be honest, I think they saved a bit the story with LotV. I was expecting much, much worse after WoL and HotS.

They actually managed to keep the original lore somewhat unchanged/fit the new plot into it.
>>
File: metzen.jpg (525 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
metzen.jpg
525 KB, 960x738
>>321282105
I bought the 2 "expansions" of SC2 because I wanted to see the closure of the series and because the multiplayer is still fun.

But after that, I'm not buying anything else from Blizzard. They fucking lost me with Diablo 3.
>>
>>321282528
Yeah the twist with that Xel'Naga motherfucker impersonatinhg Tassadar was a nice save. With just that one move, the memory of both Tassadar and the Overmind remain untarnished.
>>
>>321280152
Except the Dark Templars who zapped around everywhere were superior to the re-spawning ones in sheer damage output, making them superior choice if you weren't concerned with keeping them alive.
The resurrecting zealots lacked damage output or utility the other types did, so again, they were only the "superior" option, if you opted for a playstyle where you sought to preserve units instead of just dish out damage.
Also, the splash damage prisms suck shit against armor in comparison to the regular ones, and Arbiters provided far more utility than either type of prism did. With smart casting, you could freeze entire armies in a spot, or recall your forces to a location in an instant.

You seem to be under the illusion that the playstyle you preferred is the only valid one.
>>
>>321282787
Yep. Plus also the Xel'Naga being Lovercraftian horrors instead of... don't know, supreme protoss. If you need to not leave them a mistery (which would've been the wiser choice), that was better than anything else.

Also Amon being a rebel Xel'Naga, which I think everyone saw miles away, isn't that awful considering the explanation of how new Xel'Nagas are created.

Would've preferred to see Kerrigan become some giant tentacle monsted instead of Rei 2.0 though.

Only thing I'm really pissed at is Raynor getting a happy ending. Fuck that pussy writting.

Other than that, it feels like they ripped the concept from Mass Effect, which in turn copied it from older, classic sci-fi. Le cosmic cycles mamay.
>>
>>321278882
Its because he is voiced by John De-fucking-Lancie, sure the character is a huge edge lord but his voice just makes him such a cheeky cunt he is endearing.
>>
>>321283198
>Raynor
>happy ending
Far as I can see you can easily interpret the ending as him committing suicide from being unable to deal with his redhead waifu being gone
>>
>>321282105
Starcraft 2's story aside I had a helluv a lot of fun playing the campaigns, Diablo III currently is fun enough to play a new character every season for a bit, and im hype as fuck for Overwatch.
>>
Lotv multiplayer is tons of fun m8.
The changes with that expansion made the game feel far more fluid than it previously was.
>>
I enjoyed the campaign and the coop missions. So I was fairly satified with the game. Better than the HotS.
>>
>>321284453
>LoTV multiplayer
>fun
Everything fun stops being viable in diamond league and you start having to do the one acceptable build per matchup or die.
>>
File: Protoss Disruptor.png (219 KB, 446x361) Image search: [Google]
Protoss Disruptor.png
219 KB, 446x361
>>321285642
Well, thank god I am not in diamond then.
One of the most fun new units is this bad boy. Wrecking balls of marines and zerg swarms with few well placed shots from these never ceases to be fun.
>>
>>321283391
>you can easily interpret

There is no way you can do that. They literally have the epilogue mentioning how planets are terraforming magically and mysteriously on a planetary scale which can only be done by Kerrigan.

You've been posting this crazy theory every time these threads come up, but it's all headcanon and far more aspects of the ending lean towards against it than for.
>>
>>321276682
I liked the ending, you are a faggot.
>>
>>321285642
Play some unranked instead, and just have fun instead of going for winning strategies.
>>
>>321282105
By that point Blizzard will have nothing left. The new franchises are garbage, WoW is dead and story wise it's jumped enough sharks to become a circus act. Don't even know where they can take Starcraft now since they clearly can't make it an MMO or another RTS sequel. Diablo is being Diablo, meaning more and more people are realizing it's a one trick pony game.

How is the Nova DLC for LotV? Has it come out yet?
>>
>>321287513
Won't come out until fucking december 2016. I'll still get it because I'm a battered housewife, though.
>>
File: tychus2.png (3 MB, 1024x886) Image search: [Google]
tychus2.png
3 MB, 1024x886
Remember when Metzen introduced the best character in Starcraft only to quickly kill him off at the end?
>>
>>321287513

Well actually now that they've finally gotten rid of the fucking stupid ancient evil and Kerrigan they could write some proper war story for Starcraft again. Maybe featuring forces from Earth. But this is Blizzard and they'll never take that path when they can shovel out more shit instead.
>>
>>321287721
Hopefully they'll add him to Co-op.
Probably not though, Nova is more realistic because she's Metzen's waifu or something.
>>
File: 1422771176949.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422771176949.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>321276682
>implying the ending was any worse than the rest of the journey.

Starcraft 2 was honestly the worst mainstream attempt at storytelling in any medium that I've ever seen. It created a new level of terrible that should be remembered for decades,
>>
>>321287828
Not soon. The next co-op captains are that bearded protoss mechanic, mengsk's son and Stukov.

>Alarak with playable fully recolored Taldarim units never
>>
File: Alarak_BlizzCon_Art2.jpg (55 KB, 433x440) Image search: [Google]
Alarak_BlizzCon_Art2.jpg
55 KB, 433x440
>>321287828
I'm hoping that they ad this glorious smug bastard to the Co-op and to Heroes of the Storm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF_VnWEJNjE
I want to hear his silky smooth voice again.
>>
File: WHATTHEFUCKBLIZZARD.jpg (101 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
WHATTHEFUCKBLIZZARD.jpg
101 KB, 800x569
>>321276682
I saw SC2 story went to shit since the start. The concept of the Queen Bitch of the Universe suddendly turning into an ally fucked it up all. The super sayian kerrigan was a big surprice on how much they fucked an ending. I wish we had an ending where Jim Raynor kills Kerrigan without al this shitty ''muh love in vidya gaems'' meme
oh and also, the balance in sc2 is a fucking joke. i remember watching ''professional'' sc2 player matches basically involving moving mass marines/medivacs and mech were literally not used. let alone the fact that Flash tried to play full mech but failed because the game is a joke in terms of balance
>>
>>321288120
Protoss Neckbeard is already out (and 90% of the randoms I get play him).
What's your source, though? Stukov would be ABAP.
>>
>>321287707
I can only offer my condolences in advance then.

>>321287721
What's so great about him? He's just as flat as cardboard as the rest of them. He just had a cool voice.

>>321287749
No they couldn't. If you play SC1/BW again you'll realize that at almost no point did the player (you) ever wage full scale war in any mission. It's always some tactical move where you do X objective to affect the background of the grand scale battle.

This is because SC1/BW had limitations obviously, ya know 255/255?

Real grand scale wars would be games like Total War and shit that don't just hop on over to another separate map. The entire playing field would be connected and your actions directly influence the playing field. Even fucking Mount and Blade does that better.

Blizzard amusingly enough has the same logic as Bioware. Where the war itself never has to be shown, and the players are the special snowflakes that partake in the most dangerous and special missions that will basically render the efforts of the common soldier almost completely moot.

It's also because the campaigns are much more railroaded towards a specific story, so you can only have one or two outcomes at most, and only when it's for something trivial like Tosh vs Nova. Anything important just has one fucking road.

Now you might be thinking I'm just ranting, but think of it this way: the CG represents the results of your actions of a mission, cause otherwise they can't showcase full wars at all. But actual war in CG is a hell of a lot more effort than just say, showcasing a duel between Zeratul and Hybridfag, or showing giant squids being EVILLL. Wanna count how many CGs had war scenes versus CGs that had MUH PLOT?

War never matters in Blizzard games. Only YOU matter.
>>
>>321288120
>>321288521
I absolutely fucking hate how the Zerg are all based on a hero unit in the Co-op mode. I don't fucking understand why Blizzard thought that the race whose whole thing is massive, overwhelming numbers, should focus around singular hero characters. That complaint applies to both HotS as well as the co-op mode in LotV.
It feels like Blizzard has no fucking clue about what the Zerg originally were about. It certainly wasn't about singular, powerful hero characters doing shit. That thing fits the Terrans, and especially the Protoss, way fucking better than the zerg.
>>
>>321288597

I meant war from a story perspective, as the backdrop for possible future conflict. Instead of this ancient gods, dragonballz, muh feelings bullshit we had in SC2.
>>
>>321288351
Well his facial structure literally warped, his hairline somehow managed to precede a few centimeters over the years (must be that futuristic technology), he grew his beard out, oh and he got more of a tan. His eye sockets also sunk in but I guess we can chalk it up to old age that the technology I mentioned earlier could not fix. Or maybe he couldn't afford it.

Kerrigan's facial structure on the other hand, well that's practically a retcon.
>>
>>321278626
>most of the missions in this RTS consisted of rts gameplay
>I hate that!
back to dota kid
>>
>>321288882
Not the guy you were arguing with, and I liked the LotV campaign, but c'mon now. That wasn't even remotely close to being what his complaint was.
>>
>>321288692
Honestly the reason why they are like that is because of the campaigns. Protoss are focused around the Adun abilities, because that's how it was in the campaign, Zerg are focused around hero units because of Kerrigan in the campaign, and Terran have generic global abilities because Terran's didn't really have a campaign gimmick and that's the only thing they could come up with.
>>
>>321288696
That's kinda my point though. As a backdrop, war can only be interesting to the player in so many ways without being directly shown it. It's exactly the reason why the likes of Blizzard and Bioware both features series that heavily set around war, yet are almost the farthest things from it.

SC1/BW only did a decent job at it because of the limitations of the time, forced Blizzard into doing simple build and destroy missions 50%+ of the time. No different than their story. They were limited by how much voice acting they could get, limited by how many lines of dialogue they can fit in, etc etc. Less there is, less they can fuck up and more people can start filling the gaps with imagination.

20 and fucking 15? There's no imagination anymore, hell there's probably android apps to predict what kind of bush Kerrigan has down there ain't nothing left to imagination.

Think of it this way, if someone was really good at making RC cars and airplanes growing up, can they suddenly become a good automobile mechanic or an aircraft engineer just because the technology got streamlined so even a casual can do it?
>>
>>321289080
I know, but the very fact that the Zerg campaign itself had that focus is fucking retarded.
As I said, the complaint applies to HotS too.
>>
>>321276682
You didn't like SSJ3 Kerrigan ?
I bet you just hate strong women in gaming you shtilord.
>>
>>321289317
>You didn't like SSJ3 Kerrigan ?

He's probably anal over how Kerrigan still had eyebrows.
>>
>>321276682
what if the zerg really just destroyed everything, leaving small patches of terrains and even lesser protos. the two races are on the run together just to survive. the universe is turning into a zerg cesspool. No ancient evil, just Zerg fucking shit up.
>>
>>321276682
can you faggots stop saying this was as bad a ME3? because it fucking wasn't. it was shit sure but ME3 was the absolute shittest ending to ever walk the face of the earth.

unless this is supposed to be bait
>>
WoL > LotV > HotS
>>
>>321278997
Just one of the major retcons of 2
>>
>>321290169
>Retcons
>I'm going to kill you!
>WITH MY DICK :3
>P-please love me...
>Fuck the revolution, we're getting her back!
>Hurr who was Fenix
>THE PROPHECY
>END OF ALL THINGS
>Oh look, I'm having a monologue with myself again!
>This guy is a shapeshifter, everyone knows he's a shapeshifter, fuck it, let's fall for it!
>Stalkers on Aiur
>Colossi hiding in a lake next to the Overmind
>Casual MMO boss fights
>Primal Zerg have strains that shouldn't exist

Fuck you it's not.
>>
Shitty plots are one thing, those are all the rage these days. But how the fuck did the technical ability of the writers drop so bad?
>You speak of knowledge, Judicator? You speak of experience? I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... Unto my experience, Aldaris, all that you've built here on Aiur is but a fleeting dream. A dream from which your precious Conclave shall awaken, finding themselves drowned in a greater nightmare.

vs

>JAMES RAYNOR I BRING TIDINGS OF DOOOOOOM

Shit, if they are going to write a cliched mess, may as well ham it up
>>
>>321292652
There's 2 explanations.

1. The writer who came up with the first line actually took 10 years to do so, and was prepared to use it for his fan fiction during his edgy loner years but then managed to rehash it for SC.

2. The writers got married, started getting mainstream, and spent most of their time profiting off their successful franchises instead of toiling away working on them and phoning it in.

Take your pick. I don't know which one is worse.
>>
>>321292105
that is peanuts compared to that abomination that is ME3's ending. there's a reason all conversation about mass effect immediately drifts to how awful its ending was you know.
>>
The only thing that stood out about LOTV is how much skin the protoss bitches show in their whorish outfits. The Protoss should be ashamed, letting their women prance about looking like sluts.
>>
>0 posts about multiplayer

Every time.

Now post about how "imbalanced" it is yet none of /v/ can even make it out of gold league.
>>
>>321294183
Artanis in BW was practically a naked nigger toss. Then in LOTV he became a white guy and decked himself out in bling oh and changed his voice completely, just like Zeratul and Fenix and Tassadar.

It could be a total random toss posing as him and it wouldn't be any stranger.
>>
>>321294472
>giving a shit about e-sports
>>
>>321276682
>plays SC2 for the campaign
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>321288882
When you have such huge fucking tool like staredit you should use it to the limit instead of making people play generic rts matches as a campaign. There's months of this shit on ladder if you're into it
>>
>>321294545
I like his voice in BW, he sounded young and inexperienced.

I think one of the missed opportunities was fleshing out that fuccboi Matt Horner's backstory as a completely new character instead of just "lol its the magistrate from SC1 Rebel Yell". It makes Matt seem like a tryhard who has to be puffed up so we would a give a shit about how great he is.
>>
>>321294757
>buy base building dune style rts game
>expect not to play build buildings and units and blow the enemy up ala dune style rts
>>
>>321294472
That's what these threads consist of every single time. The same retards whining about how shitty the campaign was. Not a single mention of multiplayer and if there is one it's "imba". Weird how so many people hate this game yet feel the need to make these threads and shit them up. SC2 is still the best current RTS.
>>
>>321294673
>play sc2 for the multiplayer
are you silver or a blizzerdrone?
>>
File: zxz.png (2 MB, 1829x920) Image search: [Google]
zxz.png
2 MB, 1829x920
>>321279179
This right here.

Did anyone else feel that epilogue was made in the eleventh hour? Like they wrote themselves into a corner and didn’t want to fix the loose ends in a sequel?

The story should have ended with the final part of the campaign ending cinematic, it’s actually kinda cozy: https://youtu.be/OZaYGWY9EOA?t=2m8s

Instead they slapped a horrible epilogue together just to put the franchise entire storyline to bed and be done with it.
>>
>>321295115
Zero competition. We're still stuck playing sup com fa and age of empires 2 for fucks sake.
>>
The main reason for the decline in SC's writing was to cater the story for Koreans, which made it more like a typical animu/JRPG/MMO plot, overly melodramatic where everything has to be signposted.
>>
>>321295115
The multiplayer isn't just 'imba', it's fundamentally broken and instead of addressing the core design Blizzard made a bunch of bandaid units and buffs that only made the game less fun, interesting and complex.
>>
>>321295356
Koreans dont give a shit about sc2 campaign.

Blizzard is just fucking awful at story.
>>
>>321295384
What are you even talking about? What bandaid units are you referring to?

>inb4 ravager
>>
>>321295384
They had so much fucking feedback and giant articles too. Instead theyll come up with shit ideas like half amount for min fields and keep them because they are their brain child.

Old as fuck mos starbow tried that shit and discard it during WoL days because it was a shit change to eco.
>>
>>321295524
Msc is the biggest one. Protoss can't use aggression because maps are giant as fuck and enemy races are too fast? Fuck it give em a super early recall toed to a hero unit. Oh and also it defends shit with a click of a button instead of actually fixing why they cant defend.
>>
>>321288351
Flash also quit sc2 1 month ago, in Lotv mech just simply doesnt work, Every single expansion ruined mech more and more and they refuse to buff/fix the main mech units siege tank / Thor.
>>
>>321294805
If there's one thing that's unquestionably objectively superior in SC/BW that isn't just nostalgia goggles or can be explained by the times, it's voice acting.

The voice actors in SC/BW take giant shits on SC2, including the same voice actors. Granted it's probably because it's been a fucking decade, but even Jimmy doesn't have the same appeal to him as before, though you could argue that the VA getting older matches the character getting older. Might be why they made him into an old geezer that looks older than Mengsk did in BW.

Oh man now that I think about it, Mengsk was probably the one guy who kept sheer consistency in SC/BW/SC2. And they even completely remodeled his god damn face. Like someone ran a truck over it or something. But god damn that VA kept his voice well.
>>
>>321295947
Too bad they turned mengsk into a mustache twirling villain foiled by jimmy do no wrong raynor instead of a coniving actual threat.
>>
>>321294472
its not about imba its about design fail. For example zerg goes mass ground units, so terran also goes mass anti ground units. So both players trade armies and instead of continuing of massing zerg tech switches to mass and terran must guess if hes still going mass ground or mass air, since zerg can just produce 50units in 1 production cycle. This is broken.

Another design fail, the marine, which in sc2 is basically best unit in the game and basically is the reason other terran units have been nerfed. It is also the reason blizz doesnt buff mech since terrans have 50% winrate.
>>
File: 1450040415473.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450040415473.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>321276682

It's probably the worst story ever conceived in a Blizzard studio.

Either they just don't give a fuck anymore or the entire story department is filled with untalented hacks.
>>
>>321296275
The reason zerg can remass so quickly is because they have weak units. The whole purpose of zerg is that. But that will only get you so far. If you're not being cost efficient with your units you'll be broke extremely quickly and be dead. Terran is so mobile and can get away with tier 1 units basically all game. If you stick to roach/ravager after a certain point you will get shredded by a maxed bio army. Corrosive biles won't hit stimmed bio with even a modicum of micro. You need infestors and/or ultras if you want to kill bio. But by that point terran can accumulate libs and tanks.
>>
>>321296217
Let's be honest, he was never a threat. His main abilities in the story were to scheme rebellion and betrayals on broken promises, all of which are fucking useless when it comes to actually managing an empire and having to be the face of said empire.

Being a good politician by weaseling your way in doesn't somehow make you a good politician that makes a difference and can defend one's position through competency. Get what I mean?

He already fucked himself over by betraying Kerrigan when she was already his most important pawn. The situation made no sense, since he knew what the plan was and could have easily kept her safe it wasn't like Kerrigan alone would have made a difference in the last 25 fucking minutes before shit went to hell.

She and Jimmy might be angry as fuck they left most of their comrades down there, but he can just feign negligence and bullshit his way through which is what he was actually good at as seen by his propaganda managing to keep up for all those years.

What matters was him not making an enemy out of anyone through intentional means. Better to look the fool than to be a backstabber.

But then Blizzard wouldn't know where to take the story in SC, so that doesn't work. Vidya writing's biggest problem is that the technology isn't there yet so that the story comes first, it's always the other way around. So the story will almost never make sense at some point.
>>
File: 1422615842122.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1422615842122.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>321296605
>realizing 90% of the whole Starcraft franchise stems from Mengsk's shitty decision of abandoning Kerrigan to the Zerg, assuming she'd be killed or (normally) infested instead of becoming Zerg Jesus
>>
>>321296605
>>321297159
Apparently, Kerrigan was the ghost who killed Mengsk's family, so him abandoning her to the zerg was his vengeance on her. That is out of game fluff though, so take it as you will.
>>
>>321297159
It was a bad move no matter what. Remember, before Mengsk took in Raynor and the Magistrate, he was merely at a stalemate with the Feds.

It was only through Raynor+Magistrate+Kerrigan beating the odds and doing all sorts of odd jobs Mengsk' Dominion forces lacked the ability to do, that Mengsk even had the chance to get to that point.

Then he somehow makes an enemy of the most competent pawns he's got, only because he managed to get Duke on his side which need I remind you, is the same old faggot that the guys who he pissed off saved.

It doesn't even make sense that the Duke had no hesitation trying to shoot down Jimmy and the Magistrate considering these 2 were directly responsible to saving his life while Mengsk only yelled over the loudspeaker. But even then, the fact that Jimmy and the Magistrate went on a consecutive winning streak beating all odds against forces much greater than them (because every fucking mission usually starts with you with a tiny ass base while the enemy has 10x your forces) should speak of their overwhelming ability.

But you know what the real kicker is? Apparently, even though in SC the Magistrate clearly leaves with Jimmy, the Magistrate in SC2 apparently died working under Mengsk. Meanwhile the Cerebrate died off to random DT fags, and the only winner is the Executor who in turn becomes Artanis.

Think about all that and let it sink in. 3 of the most dominating commanders in the history of Starcraft (cause ya know you never fucking lost) and 2 of them get wiped out off screen like jobbers. The other one gets turned into a retard and poster boy, one even worse than his original inception in BW.

The only thing Artanis had going for him in 2 was his bitchin armor.
>>
>>321297306
That makes it even worse. Sacrificing the hundred/thousand/whatever troops that were assisting Kerrigan, plus losing Raynor's lot as a consequence, in a war that threatens the whole of mankind just because "muh family" is full-out dumbassery.
>>
>>321297306
I know that, but it was a really bad move because it was still a critical point in time for him. There's so many better ways to get it done, it makes no sense for him to do it other than to shove it in her face that HE'S the one who fucked her over, which would mean he was a mustache twirling villain even before Brood War, let alone SC2.

What kind of fucking politician that's aiming for the top of humanity in an entire sector of space would take that risk instead of setting up an accidental death or some shit blaming it on someone else? You think Kerrigan's only made victims out of Mengsk during her time as a brainwashed ghost?

He held it in that long and used her for all that time, yet still couldn't restrain himself near the end? How is that not proof he's incompetent?
>>
File: Artanis_SC1_Art2.jpg (14 KB, 279x315) Image search: [Google]
Artanis_SC1_Art2.jpg
14 KB, 279x315
>>321297702
The magistrate and Raynor went their separate ways after they abandoned Mengsk's cause, according to the new fluff. Where are you getting the whole "the Magistrate died while working under Mensgk" shit from?

The Cerebrate was one of the ones who went down during the final stages of the battle of Aiur, right before Tassadar 9/11 his ship on the Overmind. I say he went down with glory, protecting the Overmind.

But yeah, Artanis is the only one who actually stayed victorious.
>>
>>321298151
From memory when I read it up somewhere, either /vg/ sc threads back in the day, or some shitty wiki when I was browsing summaries for the novels.

I wouldn't call Artanis ever-victorious considering he kept fucking up in LotV. I mean Amon taking over the Khala was poetry, but god damn how could anyone not think that could happen when they learned ages ago from Zeratul that their evolution was influenced by Amon to begin with?
>>
>>321298492
>when they learned ages ago from Zeratul that their evolution was influenced by Amon to begin with?
What, no they didn't.
Zeratul hadn't been in contact with Artanis or the majority of the Protoss in years. The moment he arrives to the Golden Armada at the beginning was pretty much the first time Artanis saw him since Brood War.
>>
>>321295115
Makes sense with how people usually play these games. Only a fraction of the people who buy RTS games ever play multiplayer. Most people only try it out for few games just to see what it's like.
>>
>>321278427
>>321278882
I'm surprised he didn't betray us in the end
>>
>>321298653
So, you're saying Zeratul contacted Jimmy, knew all that shit, yet didn't take the time to even tell Jimmy to email Artanis? Wait a sec you're telling me this fucker didn't even just text everyone on his list?

Well then again Protoss all seem pretty retarded.
>>
>>321298749
Well, seeing how he was at the receiving end of betrayal from his own God, it probably sorta left the idea of betraying a dude who just had helped you to exact vengeance on said god, tasting bad in his non existent mouth.
>>
>>321298492

At least he doesn't dress like a Protosstitute like Selandis, Rohana and the Dark Templar bitch in 2.
>>
>>321298749
He would have lost. He may be edgy, but he wasn't stupid. Isn't that what he kept trying to nail into everyone's heads the whole time?

Although honestly, aside from Kerrigan I don't think anyone could have taken Alerak given his DBZ powers.
>>
>>321295356
I don't think so. You see much of the same shit in D3, so the more likely explanation is they just can't write anything other than shitty American comic book tier plots and dialogue.
>>
>>321298852
MUH TIDINGS OF DOOM JIMMY!

Yeah, it makes little sense, but that's how the story is. Apparently, he has been hunting those prophecy fragments and shit non stop and has been too busy to contact his protoss buddies until the last possible moment.
>>
>>321298927
Cause he already did his time in BW. Look >>321298151 he whored himself so hard he got the Michael Jackson treatment and went full white guy in LotV.
>>
>>321298701
Ya but starcraft is not a new game. Most people who stick around for a while probably play multiplayer which is the main reason starcraft has kept it's longevity. I'm not interested in those who buy the game and bitch solely about the campaign. SC2 isn't on the same level as dota, lol or csgo but it's certainly not dead. Comparing it to those mentioned is disingenuous because 99% of games would be dead if that were the standard.
>>
>>321299020
But Wings of Liberty -> Heart of the Swarm -> LotV shouldn't have taken place in the span of a week or some shit.
>>
File: SC2 Vorazun.png (507 KB, 492x728) Image search: [Google]
SC2 Vorazun.png
507 KB, 492x728
>>321298927
Why so prudish senpai?
You gay or something?
>>
>>321278969
>this game died the moment idra retired
holy shit what
>>
>>321299085
Yeah but no one cares about your multiplayer klub. You can fuck off to sc2g if you want that.
>>
File: Artanis&Vorazun forehead bumb.png (657 KB, 672x796) Image search: [Google]
Artanis&Vorazun forehead bumb.png
657 KB, 672x796
>>321299149
Artanis x Vorazun otp.
>>
File: sc2.jpg (169 KB, 1470x370) Image search: [Google]
sc2.jpg
169 KB, 1470x370
>>
>>321299230
If you're proud of being a casual, then so be it. Just don't expect your opinion to hold any value.
>>
>>321299325
Like yours in this thread? Everyone is busy discussing and here you are chimping out trying to derail it despite the OP obviously talking about the campaign.

Do you fucking barge into a group of kids talking about SC2 campaign in school and tell them their opinions don't matter? Cause you're clearly under age if you don't realize that's the situation you're in right now.

Or maybe it's just your brain that's under age.
>>
>>321276682
At least the multiplayer is the best it has ever been
>>
File: Zagara_SC2-HotS_Game1.jpg (21 KB, 324x615) Image search: [Google]
Zagara_SC2-HotS_Game1.jpg
21 KB, 324x615
Who's the cutest and why is it Zagara?
>>
>>321299426
You seem incredibly upset that someone disagrees with you. Do you usually throw tantrums when something doesn't go your way?
>>
>>321299625
Oh so you just admit you're intentionally being retarded and shit posting. Thanks now we can ignore you just like everyone else does in real life.
>>
>>321299805
>disagreeing equates to shitposting
Thanks for confirming you're 14.
>>
Did Kerrigan get fucked in the ass tho that's what we all really want to know
>>
>>321298852
Weren't the protoss still fucking pissed at Zeratul for killing Razshagal in BW? If so, it makes sense for him to reach out to Raynor first.
>>
File: 1450943474201.png (7 KB, 308x133) Image search: [Google]
1450943474201.png
7 KB, 308x133
>>321276682
>>
>>321299964
I bet she had tons of Zerg breeds she made just to be sex slaves.
>>
File: 1395787132341.jpg (119 KB, 356x438) Image search: [Google]
1395787132341.jpg
119 KB, 356x438
>>321287162
THIS. THIS.

Fuck the shitty story, I've accepted that now as long as there's good gameplay. What I want to know why the most fun new unit of the expansion is only available in the multiplayer.

I seriously kept waiting for it to be unlocked in the campaign until the fucking credits rolled. Never. Happened. What's worse is none of the protoss commanders in the CO-OP missions have the disruptor either. Like, what the FUCK, blizz? Do you regret making the unit or something? Why am I the only one that seems butthurt about this on any SC forums?

Am I crazy, /v/ ?
>>
>>321299903
>last word shit posting please respond to verify my existence while I conveniently ignore the point!
:^)
>>
>>321295115
Just because it's the current most played esport RTS doesn't mean it's the best current RTS. SC2 is very poor RTS that literally rides on the fame of Blizzard and BW. Even the biggest drones are finally realizing what a steaming pile of shit it is.
>>
>>321300214
>What's worse is none of the protoss commanders in the CO-OP missions have the disruptor either. Like, what the FUCK, blizz?
They're probably saving it for a future commander, probably a Purifier-focused one.
Most likely Fenix 2.0.
>>
>>321298927
> Selandis, Rohana and the Dark Templar bitch in 2

That's quite a harem, Artanis is a player
>>
>>321300214
My guess is it's probably because they kept changing how it worked during the beta. Since the campaign probably takes longer to change, it most likely would have had an older version of the unit.
>>
File: Selendis face closeup.png (676 KB, 1112x668) Image search: [Google]
Selendis face closeup.png
676 KB, 1112x668
Selendis a cute! CUTE!
>>
>>321300367
If not for number of players then what is it that makes a game good? While I don't disagree because dota and lol are fucking god awful.
>>
>>321276682
I actually found the Protoss campaign fantastic.
It tied up lose ends with the lore for the origins of Zerg, Protoss and Terran.
The different faction coming together was more interesting Jim/Kerrigan shit.
Some of the missions were actually really hard on brutal for a wood league player like myself.
The end was fairly well built up and climactic.

Then I played the prologue and it was like Metzen did all his remaining cocaine at once. What the holy fucking flying shit even happened.
>>
>>321300926

Exactly what was explained about the origins of Terrans?
>>
>>321300587

Too bad he a gay nigga
>>
>>321301023
It was just a small throw away line. They are from a failed cycle from another part of the galaxy.

They are basically interfering with shit they do not belong in.
>>
>>321278997
When he said "I'm the man who'll kill you someday" it actually is just space slang for fucking her silly.
>>
>>321295947

>If there's one thing that's unquestionably objectively superior in SC/BW that isn't just nostalgia goggles or can be explained by the times, it's voice acting.

I agree, while the plot itself is pretty generic sci-fi, it's well executed due to the competent writing and voice acting.

Maybe it's because they didn't have the luxury of all those cinematics so they had to focus on good dialogue with the talking heads but it turned out pretty well.

I mean, SC2 neved had something that came close to being this good and I'm sure it's not the nostalgia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bVj-nTkiU
>>
wasnt there confirmation that metzen had little to do with most of starcraft 2?

It really annoys me that they tied it up as they did as it implies that they are done with RTS as if they ever do make a Warcraft 4 it will just be single player DoTA.

Its sad but they are just chasing the big dollars in hearthstone, their dota clone and overwatch. Its not in their interest anymore to make anything where they cant sell bulk microtransactions to you in some form. I have a good feeling they will wrap up diablo in another expansion as their plan to monetize it failed.
>>
>>321300384
>>321300596
Makes sense. Damn, it'll be a bit of a wait then since we just got Karax added.

Commander Fenix sounds amazing. Erm. I mean Talandar.

>>321301023
I thought Terrans were still just the happy accident of the galaxy lorewise.
>>
>>321301285
i dont think the story would come across as cheesy if they didnt have everything acted out.

might sound dumb... but you used your imagination a bit in sc/bw.
>>
File: ValerianMengsk_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg (36 KB, 363x600) Image search: [Google]
ValerianMengsk_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg
36 KB, 363x600
Valerian the gayboy's design was probably there to appeal to Korean fans
>>
>>321301251
>>321301587

Just like humans were happy accidents in Warcraft and descendants of giant vikings err I mean Vykrul.
>>
>>321301285
Yeah that's my point. They were probably younger and therefore smarter and like I said most of them were single so they had more time to waste. Oh and they were more humble back then too of course.

How can it possibly compare to them now?
>>
>>321301726
Valerian a cute. CUTE!
>>
>>321301607
This is something I thought about too. There was more subtlety originally, possibly due to creative limitations.

It's really easy to make a Star Wars prequel analogy. Complete with a million twirling lightsabers on screen in LoTV.

It's hard to complain about Blizzard's cutscenes though. They really do look great.
>>
>>321301384
RTS in the way Blizzard does it is practically a dead genre. With newer technologies stuff like Total War is far more attractive for the average gamer instead of always having a retarded balanced playing field with maps that act as gimmick zones. People are realizing having macro/micro doesn't remotely translate into being a better field commander, it just makes you into a keyboard work horse.

Which is still 10 tiers above ass faggots, but unlike mobas RTS lacks a lot less individuality due to the genre of the game, and moba popularity as a spectator game is mainly due to that, not because the games are so fucking amazing and teams pull off crazy plays that could get them a position in the navy seals.
>>
File: StraightOuttaSomewhere (4).jpg (92 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
StraightOuttaSomewhere (4).jpg
92 KB, 846x846
playing the single player is probably the most autistic thing a person can do
>>
>>321279092
Story was average but its atmosphere was god-tier. By ruining the characters, story, and designs they destroy that atmosphere. Seriously, look at the designs of the zerg from 1 to 2, they go from these almost lovecraftian abominations to bugs and dinosaurs.
>>
File: 52882860_p0.png (249 KB, 600x920) Image search: [Google]
52882860_p0.png
249 KB, 600x920
I want to impregnate angry saber~!
>>
so wait do any of you idiots have megumixbear's chair assembly vod or what?
post it you fuckos, i know you have it
>>
>>321302619
someone has to have it
>>
File: 1450969199041.png (142 KB, 307x466) Image search: [Google]
1450969199041.png
142 KB, 307x466
would you guys say this cartoon girl is horny, or just embarrassed?
>>
File: 1441637144373.jpg (252 KB, 1525x809) Image search: [Google]
1441637144373.jpg
252 KB, 1525x809
>>321302706
we hate anime here
>>
>>321302706
she seems to be embarrased and horny
>>
>>321293183
2 is worse. 1 means that they could at least write something entertaining given enough time while 2 means they are lost forever to superhero, super god kerrigan level 2 bullshit for all eternity.
>>
>>321285642
what are you even talking about?
the higher the league the more fun shit you can do
>>
File: mech.jpg (109 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
mech.jpg
109 KB, 846x846
if you enjoyed the campaign and thought it was neat

you will never get a gf
>>
>>321302538
Agree completely. I'd say WoL was still the least bad in that department. Terrans were still backstabbing each other and the Hyperion was cozy af.

Then Zerg went full space orc in HotS with a rainforest vacation, and the only mystery left to the Protoss is about how they fuck.
>>
what happens in the end?

>not letting it go at wol
>>
>>321302706
>>321302816
she isn't horny you fucking autists
>>
>>321303391
you are autistic as fuck
you literally max the autism spectrum
shes obv horny
>>
File: 1446870571155.jpg (70 KB, 465x715) Image search: [Google]
1446870571155.jpg
70 KB, 465x715
>>321303391
do you even watch anime?
>>
>>321303470
>>321303489
she's blushing because she's embarrassed you blind idiots
>>
>>321303646

Maybe she's embarrassed because she's horny.
>>
File: 80ed5790cd5684f49ea973b84f94549a.jpg (759 KB, 3500x2736) Image search: [Google]
80ed5790cd5684f49ea973b84f94549a.jpg
759 KB, 3500x2736
>>321299558
nova, the anal queen, is a lot cuter than her!!!
>>
>>321303171
Worst part is that Zerus is a complete retcon and there will never be an explanation as to why. It used to be a Char like planet after proto-larva infested all the natural flora and fauna, not the consume and adapt bullshit right from the start.
>>
>>321303741
maybe you're a blind autistic retard
>>
>>321303646
what's making her horny is embarrasing her
>>
>>321303646
obv disgusted by what she sees but its making her horny
>>
>>321303824
>literally a reskinned human kerrigan because they need a ghost character after zergifying her
>>
>>321301726
He was just Arthas in the future design-wise. I expected him to go full on backstabber by the end of the storyline.
>>
>>321303909
>>321303971
ok what do you mean by horny

is she gushing or what
>>
>>321303861
metzen is known for not remembering what he writes, not that he cares about integrity, but he probably didn't remember what was already written about zerus
besides, they wouldn't be able to explain the primal zerg being alive anywhere else in the sector as it would mean that they would also be part of the swarm
>>
>>321304089
horny as in it is literally making her wet
>>
>>321304089
not that level of horny yet, but what she's seeing is making her want to touch herself a little
>>
>>321304082
Arthas in Starcraft is called Kerrigan.
>>
>>321304376
>>321304394
make up your minds
>>
>>321304534
its obviously bothering her, m8
>>
>>321304417
But Arthas wasn't abandoned in Warcraft and ended up betraying people. That's Illidan.
>>
>>321304534
she is trying to resist her body from reacting to her horniness
>>
>>321304417
Nah, she's Sylvanas of Starcraft. And to be fair it's the other way around, Sylvanas was based entirely on Kerrigan, with the whole involuntary corruption and mind control thing. Arthas was more than willing to sell his soul to the Lich King for more power by the end of Alliance WC3 campaign.
>>
arthas thought his cause was holy and the only way to save his people, wasn't it? I have to replay wc3
the whole "zergs dindu nuffing, it's the blood of mannoroth blood speaking" made me so fucking mad when hots released
>>
>>321302601
you'll have to fight me faggot
>>
>>321304864
Arthas knew that Frostmourne was some bad shit but thought it was the only way to kill Mal'ganis and stop the undead plague.
>>
>>321304864
Yeah the Zerg retcon was fucking dumb and was only put in place so they could have a convenient excuse for rezerging Kerrigan.
>>
the thing they fucked up the most is the artstyle

>hurr upgrade marines so they carry huge shields like its warcraft
>tanks look like toys
>THOR unit which is basically a huge incredibly ugly transformer
>zerg are basically insects now
>zerglings with wings
>shitty new mandatory queens
>have to listen to retarded queen advisor instead of awesome overmind
>replace awesome dragoons with ugly stalkers
>add disgusting colossus

there probably a million things im missing because i havent played the game since 2011
>>
>>321304864
Well, he wasn't a big believer in holiness by the end of the campaign, considering that he told Uther to fuck off, slaughtered a city worth of people, sailed off to Northrend, burned the boats to keep his people there and killed the mercenaries that helped him do it. He was in full "the ends justify the means", not really caring about what's good and what's evil.
>>
>>321305391
>>321304864
I mean, the primal zerg were still assholes holes they just cared about killing so they could evolve.

It was stated that the primal zerg were created by the xelnaga. Then Amon madified them with a psi link so he would be able to control them when the time was right.
>>
>>321305605
they are supposedly going to release a voice pack to replace the queen voice with abathur
>>
>>321305391
I don't get it, why de-infest her if you are going to re-zerg her again? Same deal with Stukov
>>
File: Adept_SC2-LotV_Story1.png (338 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Adept_SC2-LotV_Story1.png
338 KB, 500x500
Adepts are cute! CUTE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xnKRQzOWSY
>>
>>321306017
I HATE adepts
thank god they are going to be armored in the next patch
>>
>>321306110
That still wont keep your precious workers safe from Adept drops ;)
>>
>>321305976
Stukov getting cured made no sense at all. Duran shot his ass to begin with and he was dying. Wouldn't removing the infestation just make him a crippled half dead guy?
>>
>>321305976
I think they reinfested her because they needed a "commander" for the zerg campaign that wasn't a nobody, I think it would have been a lot better if the whole reuniting the swarm arch was made by zagara or some other queen
they explain her deinfestation and reinfestation as a way to summon amon(the energy she releases when being cleaned) and a way to free kerrigan from amon's control and make her more powerful
>>
>>321305976
Even sc1 had you destroying everything you worked for between campaigns.
>>
>>321306236
they'll die a lot faster, 4 shots off 5 marauders or 4 siege tank volleys
it's not that big of a deal when they harrass, it's bothersome to only being able to defend an all in if the protoss makes a massive mistake like letting you lock on the warp prism
>>
>>321306017

Where did all these Protoss bitches come from all of sudden, there weren't any in SC1
>>
>>321306439
It would have been better if they just made a cerebrate forcefully adapt into a new mobile body so it didn't get wiped the fuck out along with the rest of it's brethren costing it most of it's link but also sparing it's life from Kerrigan in BW.

Then it can do the same damn thing in HOTS with Kerrigan, where it slowly hoards back all it's power it lost, only this time it's no longer a sitting duck. You can then make fun mechanics by making said hero unit able to choose different forms for different missions and shit unlocking different strains each that affect how it performs individually and on a swarm level.

Voila, a Zerg MC that's actually Zerg and has Zerg aspects. Instead of some dumb queen that never changes.
>>
>>321306978
There was that dark templar matriarch.
>>
>>321306690
The adepts becoming more of harrasment focused or light skirmish units is good. Right now, they pretty much occupy Zealot's role. Seriously, why the fuck would one even make zealots right now, when Adepts are simply better against most enemies, and more importantly, synergize way better with powerful abilities like Psi storms and the Disrupters shots. Zealots just charge into melee, and risk getting damaged or even killed by your own abilities, whereas adepts stay back and shoot like the rest of your army.

Though, the zealots are rather too weak in general. They melt away in moments to Marines and Marauders, and Roaches simply tank them with impunity. I dunno what would be the best course of action for fixing them, but as it is, they sure as hell need fixing.
>>
>>321306978
Rhazagal, you dipshit.
Protoss females are hardly a new thing. Them being in SC2 is nothing revolutionary.
>>
>>321306978
Protoss society went progressive.

I'm thinking the reason is that since the Zerg invasion destroyed the old power structure, the protoss are no longer observing all the traditions they used to. Just guessing though.
>>
>>321276682
A STORY ABOUT A BOY AND A GIRL
>>
>>321295008
But the objective is never to destroy the enemy base in LOTV. Not one mission like that. You're always just trying to destroy the 6 magic crystals.
>>
>>321307567
Eh to be fair, Toss bases are powered by pylons. Toss can't even beat a hydralisk without their batteries, Fenix is the best example of this.
>>
>>321306978
I think they were created after bw ended, they were either purifiers that were sealed away or karax made them or something
>>
>>321307191
Well you certainly would be a retard if you attacked into medivac bio or roaches with pure zealot, even with charge. It's the first protoss unit, if marines shouldn't work past a point then same should apply to other low tech units. And zealots aren't 'weak', they have limited use. In a situation where you can't DPS/massively outrange yourself out of a zealot cluster they will fucking kill you, which is why warp prism harass killed TvP even before adepts.

And yes adepts are retarded, they do everything zealots do but better and they come with zero risk because you have a fucking cancellable teleport and ranged attack.
>>
>>321307340
Well, that is pretty valid point. Remember that the Zerg invasion of Aiur caused massive loss of life in the Khalai society, as the only survivors were either the ones who managed to flee to Shakuras, and the small groups who were left behind, but still endured.

And on Shakuras, the Khalai also lost huge number of their Judicators, when Aldaris pulled that rebellion bs, rendering the Aiur survivors pretty much composed of the civilian caste members, the Templar, and few surviving Judicators, who no longer had any claim to rule seeing their bumfuckery.

The Dark Templar were also always way less populous than the Aiur protoss were, and the Zerg took toll on their numbers too when they infested Shakuras, thus by the time of LotV, there are probably way less protoss around than there were at the start of Starcraft 1.

So in short, it makes sense for female protoss to also take combat roles because by the point of LotV they need every able protoss willing to fight to be fighting.
>>
>>321307847
>Wars back when they were savages
>Seal away women
>Instantly become civilized unified society

I thought Blizzard was progressive, are they trying to play for both sides or something?
>>
File: 1448049643839.jpg (162 KB, 900x731) Image search: [Google]
1448049643839.jpg
162 KB, 900x731
>>321287721
I was at the very fucking least expecting Infested Tychus or the equivalent

What a waste of a perfectly good character and squandering that SC2 announcement trailer
>>
>>321306978
I don't mind, as long as it is nice to imagine them being raped by zergs.
>>
>>321305605
spoiting bullshit from my ass: the post
>>
>>321308007

Aldaris literally did nothing wrong
>>
File: Protoss_Zealot_by_Snake101.jpg (313 KB, 800x545) Image search: [Google]
Protoss_Zealot_by_Snake101.jpg
313 KB, 800x545
>>321307884
But virtually all Zerg or Terran forces are composed if not wholly, then by large from Roaches or Medivac bio. Those early game units stay relevant throughout the game, whereas Zealotws suck dick even at the start unless you use them against zerglings, and become slightly viable at harassment later in the game with charge and damage upgrades. There is little reason to ever include them in your proper army, because all they do is take psi, charge at your enemies (and into your psi storms/disruptor shots), and die, without doing jack shit. It is better to use that psi for higher tech units, and if you really need some melee meatshielding, you can always make Archons, which do that shit way better than Zealots do.

And now, with Adepts, the reasons to make Zealots are basically zero, as adepts do everything that Zealots do, but better, with only a small vespene cost being the price difference.
SC2 zealots feel like they are made out of wet paper in comparison to their BW counterparts.
>>
>>321307847
What the fuck are you talking about?
One of the most important characters in BW was a female protoss.
>>
File: Protoss biology.png (3 MB, 1539x840) Image search: [Google]
Protoss biology.png
3 MB, 1539x840
>>321308173
Fluffwise, protoss have zero orifices, so no rape for you.
Source, Starcraft Field Manual.
>>
>>321308576
hey don't bully
adepts come into play after you do the purifier missions, I didn't say there were no female protoss in brood war
the guy asked where were all these bitches in bw, I thought he was talking about adepts not women in general
>>
>>321308908
Yeah, in the campaign the Adept is for some reason, a purifier unit, which doesn't really make any sense given the fluff of the unit itself.
Blizzard probably simply couldn't figure out what unit to put there, so they just gave the adept a different skin and called it a purifier unit.

The unit variety in many ways, felt like missed potential.
First off, there should have been more unit slots, so that a flying caster unit like the Arbiter wouldn't compete with the fucking Void Rays for spot. Secondly, too many of the units, especially in the case of the Tal'darim, were just reskinned versions of basic units without even a proper gimmick to them. The worst examples are the Destroyer ships (Tal'darim Void Prisms) and the Tal'darim colossi.
>>
>>321308796
>absorption through semipermeable skin

Guess we'll just have to cum directly on them then
>>
>>321308518
Standard medivac bio is three units, from two different production buildings and requires quite a bit of gas. If you genuinely wanted to see more diverse terran unit comps in TvP protoss would have to be nerfed because the problem isn't that mech is weak, but that protoss is strong against mech specifically.

>charge into your storms
Wow it's almost as if you have to control your army to avoid friendly fire, something terran has to worry about with mines and tanks!

Anyway, fixing the adept is nowhere as simple as tweaking its stats, the problem is that the sentry is in an awkward position in LoTV as well, and the result is that gateway tech is completely out of balance. With the sentry now being hard countered by ravager and the adept being too strong and making the zealot redundant, the only cybercore unit that makes any sense is the stalker.
>>
>>321309645
That's what we figured few weeks back when we had a SC2 thread that became about discussing the details of protoss reproduction.
>>
>>321308796

When they all cut their nerve cords, it was like a mass circumcision.

What benefits does cutting the cord do, apart from counteracting mind control?
>>
>>321309748
nice
did you discuss the retcon on nipples?
>>
>>321309907
Yes actually. The protoss not having mouths doesn't actually exclude them nursing their young via tits. Instead of the babbies suckling on them, the mommy protoss simply lactate on the skin of their babies, which then absorbs the nutrient rich fluids.
>>
>>321309759

It gives them an extremely strong sense of individuality, allowing them to overcome the usual societal limits that a protoss would be faced with.
>>
>>321310070
l-lewd
>>
>>321310070
But if they have no orifices, how did the baby get out in the first place?
>>
>>321310301
warped in via warpgate
>>
>>321310301
Budding.
Simply put, the female protoss grows a temporary "sack" on her belly from her skin, inside of which the baby grows, and the sack is then shed when the babby is ready to be born.
>>
>>321310362
LMAO
>>
>>321310070
So... Protoss feed their young via facials?
>>
>>321310201

also lets them be easier to balance in the MMO
>>
>>321280152
The splash prism sucked ass normal ones were way better. You need the range and extra damage to armour.
>>
>>321310701
I seriously hope they don't release a starcraft mmo, I would play the SHIT out of it for years even if it's complete shit
fucking blizzard has a way to suck me in their games
>>
>>321309759
It permanently separates the protoss from their innate emphatic link they share with other protoss. The protoss originally lost that link after the Xel'naga left Aiur, which caused them to descend into the era of violence known as Aeon of Strife.
That link was rediscovered by Khas, who created the philosophy of Khala around it. In time the two terms became synonymous with one another. That link allows the protoss to share their feelings and thoughts with one another in a very intimate manner, however, due to it's nature, it reinforces a certain form of conformity to their society.

The ancestors of the Dark Templar, viewed that link, and the philosophy of Khala with suspicion, and refused to join, going as far as to sever their nerve cords to make joining completely impossible for them (note, one is able to have his or her's nerve cords without being part of the Khala, the severing was originally more of a statement and an act of defiance for the Dark Templars.)

So it pretty much depends on perspective. The khala brings unity with the cost of increased conformity and societal stasis, whereas without it, the Protoss are more individualistic, but potentially have far more internal strife.
>>
>>321298961
I'd say Artanis or even Zerathul could beat him in combat.
>>
>>321310816
I'd love a planetside style Starcraft game.
>>
File: zeratul nipples.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zeratul nipples.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
>>321309907
Only Protoss males have nipples
>>
>>321290452
>a guy says he'll do something
>tons of shit happens, he does something else

do you know what a retcon is you fucking mouth-breather?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.