[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grim Dawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: grim dawn.png (82 KB, 646x367) Image search: [Google]
grim dawn.png
82 KB, 646x367
Should I do it?
>>
>>321268012
no
>>
>>321268012
>buying EA
>ever
>>
>>321268320
It's content complete as of yesterday.
>>
>>321268012
no.
>classes suck
>areas are almost all the same
>dungeons go on too long and all look alike
>level scaling gets weird around level 30 you are faced against level 34-40s

its mediocre but since I bought it in 2014 I feel compelled to beat it but I have to do it in small play sessions
>>
>>321268463
>buying EA
>ever
>>
How much is that in real man's money?
>>
>>321268012
it's good
>>
The odds don't look good.
Most people on /v/ hate it, but it generally has good reviews.
>>
>>321269632
so get it then? /v/ is almost always shit

>inb4 le one person maymay

the hivemind is worse than reddit's
>>
>>321270067
I know that /v/ is awful, but for some reason I tend to agree with the general opinion on most games except when /v/ goes full autist on hating fanbases like Undertale and shit.
I think it looks fun personally, but there seems to be some mixed thoughts on how the pacing goes throughout the game.
>>
Did you like Titan Quest?
If yes, buy it.
If not, don't.
It's pretty much just Titan Quest 2.0 with a darker setting.
>>
It's really really boring desu
>>
How is it EA if it's early access
>>
It's good but it's not an infinite grindathon like diablo and poe

What grim dawn does have is excellent build choice and meaty combat. I'd recommend it purely because it's a good arpg that doesn't feel the same as all the others do
>>
File: tIPEE75.webm (627 KB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
tIPEE75.webm
627 KB, 200x180
>>321273526
>It's good but it's not an infinite grindathon like diablo and poe
That is a good thing, anon.
>>
>>321274039
I like infinite grinding desu

Although not in warframe, that was shit
>>
help
>>
>>321275683
Cut Cut
keep keep keep
can't comment on jedi
cut
can't comment
cut
>>
If you liked Diablo 2, you will probably like this. I've had it since the update just before the Devotion one. And just finished the final act. The content really is all there. They just need to do the bug and balance clean up which they said will be in Feb. They have been pretty good with the updates. One of the only Early Access games I actually recommend to people.

The only thing it is lacking that I would prefer would be hirelings. But otherwise it is a pretty solid game. That first act feels slow though since you are such a low level shitter. But by act 2 you can get the dual wield gear and things start to take off.
>>
>>321275683
Isn't Magrunner free on GOG?
>>
>>321277682
$10
>>
>>321274293
I dislike the autism that it sparks in the community. People that freak the fuck out if you don't have perfectly minmaxed stats and gear, and don't constantly play to grind for more shit.

The one thing that is making me consider Grim Dawn is it's offline focus, and lack of competition.
>>
Grim Dawn has amazing character customization, but the problem is that none of the enemy encounters are so interesting that it would feel fun or unique tackling them head on with a different build. The boss fights in particular are some of the worst boss fights the genre has seen. Even Titan's Quest had better boss design.
>>
>>321268535
15 burger bucks
>>
>>321279242
Yeah I agree with this. The boss fights are pretty trash. The random champions you face tend to be more interesting.

The final boss is a complete cluster fuck as well. I really hope it is bugged at the moment because it does not stop spawning those massive fucking Dread things, and tentacles, and portals that drain your everything, and has a stun. All at the same fucking time. I don't know how certain builds will be able to beat it.

And the kicker is it only gives 1499XP once killed, and two shitty item chest things. The best thing you get from it is turning in the quest which gives you a Legendary. Which I lucked out on apparently since it is random and I got some sweet pistol, and I duel wield pistols.

All that being said it is a decent game though. I've had a lot more fun with this than I have had with any other Diablo style game since D2.
>>
>>321279726
The final boss fight was suffering and I never want to play this game again, especially on a higher difficulty level.

Sincerely, a Thorns Soldier with mostly just passives.
>>
>>321279726
Is it better than TQ?
>>
>>321273526
D3 combat feels 1000% better than Grim Dawn. Grim Dawn combat is okay, but D3 combat has ruined all other ARPG/Hack n Slash for me.
>>
>>321280245
Too bad everything else about D3 is shit. If only they had been able to make a good game with that silky smooth gameplay.
>>
>>321280245
d3 feels pretty weightless to me

maybe because I've only ever played ranged dudes seriously

I'd play again but all the focus is on seasons and I don't want to level
>>
>>321280307
Eh, it's okay if you can deal with the grindfest. I've played about 20 hours of GD and there's too much %chance to X and not enough fun skills.
>>
>>321275683
>Gauntlet
Don't
>>
>>321268012
spam 1 spell and win the whole game
>>
>>321280645
So its like all other ARPGs?
>>
>>321280962
Yes
>>
>>321279975
i'd say yes
>>
If you like ARPGs yeah, it's content complete and is gonna get released soon, so you're probably getting the best deal possible by buying it now.
>>
>>321281489
How many levels are there? How many hours do you need for one playthrough?
>>
>>321268012
Do it faggot.
>>
>>321280505
What do you mean by fun skills?

>>321279891
I'm playing Soldier/Arcanist. Bunch of passives, two summons, and only lvl1 in a few offensive spells. That fight was hell since I had to just keep running around alpha striking him once I had made enough room just to get him in sight again.

It really need to either spawn the Dreads or the Tentacles, but not both. And switch between those. It really doesn't feel right as it is. I kept thinking I was missing something like a thing you could shoot to make him stop for a bit. But nope, just endless spawning along with those bullshit rifts and stunning.
>>
>>321280245
The only good thing about D3 combat was the fact that corpses fucking flew everywhere whenever you killed shit, which isn't there in Grim Dawn. That's rather unfortunate too since I think they had it in TQ.
>>
>>321270229
>for some reason I tend to agree with the general opinion on most games except when /v/ goes full autist on hating fanbases like Undertale and shit
this
a lot of games have bullshit reviews (hurr durr a thing happened and I died 10/10 would play again) but if most of /v/ actually dislikes a game you know something's up
>>
>>321282856
You get a bit of that later once you have some more explosive stuff setup. I was routinely seeing bodies fly up in the air with my gunslinger. Though no where near D3 level.

>>321282962
/v/ is terrible for opinions, but ok for actual info. Ignore its narratives and just ask for technical stuff and form your own opinion from there.
>>
>>321282962
>most of /v/ actually dislikes a game
I like it familia
>>
>>321269632
>>321270229
>>321282962
Other then the D3 butt hurt fanboys, people on /v/ like this game.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.