[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? /v/ used to love pokemon and look at /vp/ now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: poke.png (76 KB, 630x232) Image search: [Google]
poke.png
76 KB, 630x232
What went wrong?

/v/ used to love pokemon and look at /vp/ now, it's fucking dead
>>
Same shit, different smell
>>
/v/ still likes Pokemon. But because /vp/ exists, its not talked about much. The few Pokemon threads we do see hit 500 replies easy. But I;m glad we're not getting 20 Pokemon threads a day. There's a reason they made /vp/.
>>
Dead? Really? It looks moderately active, especially considering there weren't any mainline games released or announced in 2015.

/vp/ ain't no /po/.
>>
Yo-Kai watch killed it :^)
>>
>>321266030
Pretty much this year after year, generation after generation. It's never different enough between games. Gameplay stays constant, end goal is always the same, but with just a few more new monsters tacked on each time. It's not going anywhere anytime soon, though.
>>
pokemon is dated as fuck now, i don't know why nobody wants to admit it
>>
>>321265964
/vp/ is dead because there hasn't been a new mainline game since over a whole year ago. place will light up as soon as z or whatever is announced.
>>
The last Pokemon ORAS was shit and most people got uninterested. A year of no new Pokemon game has also affected
>>
File: 1441002998778.png (1 MB, 920x1260) Image search: [Google]
1441002998778.png
1 MB, 920x1260
>>321266612

You mean the postright above yours? And millions of other people who say the same thing?

Hell, I'm one of the few people who liked ORAS. But I'll be the first to admit ORAS, like every gen since Gen II, didn't improve the game where it needed it. Combat, exploration and movesets.

But as long as each new Pokemon game sells over 10 million copies, Nintendo and Game Freak have no reason to change the formula.
>>
>>321266929

>The last Pokemon ORAS was shit
Better than the last 5 or so Pokemon games. And literally the only legitimate reason people can come up for why ORAS is bad is the lack of Battle Frontier. Whereas ORAS improved pretty much everything else. Not just from Gen III, but Gen IV, V and VI as well.
>>
We had like fifty PMD threads a day just a few weeks back, everyone's worn out from discussion the GOTY.

>>321266612
Pokemon was dated 13 years ago.
>>
>>321266598
black was supposed to be a reboot
>>
>>321267534

So was Gen III. Trouble is, they never 'reboot' the core engine. They just change the design and setting. In Gen III, it was tons of water routes, diving and team battles. In Gen V it was linear road paths and....more team battles, this time with 3 Pokemon!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.