[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want to see in a new DK game? Developers, level ideas,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: dkmirror.png (2 MB, 755x1067) Image search: [Google]
dkmirror.png
2 MB, 755x1067
What do you want to see in a new DK game? Developers, level ideas, characters, etc.
>>
>>321259259
DK 64 the sequel but not as bad
>>
>>321259927
I feel like the Super Mario Sunshine formula would work really well for Donkey Kong. Like 8 missions to an open world level, but the level gets changed up in each mission. Tag on some visual differences like mission 2 being at sunset, mission 3 being rainy, etc. and you have yourself a game.
>>
I'm sick of Mario being the only guy allowed to be in 3D. Let DK dethrone that bastard.

I know Tanabe is all talk though and will just make DKCR3 because Miyamoto told him too though.
>>
>>321259259
Bring back more Animal Buddies and don't introduce a new Kong character, this is DK not Sonic
>>
>>321260792
>Shadow the Konghog
>>
>>321260979
I want a comically edgy Kong now.
>>
>>321260979
>He is allied with the Bananabats (the evil version of the Bananabirds)
>His past involves the tragedies of the great Kong war
>He has a melon machinegun and a katana
>He kills K. Rool in kold blood
>>
Another 3D platformer would be cool, as would more new/returning animal buddies to mix things up.

Kremlings would be nice too, but as long as the villains have enough personality I could live without them (though they should make a come back at some point).
>>
>>321259259
Gonna parrot what others are saying in the thread.

>3D platformer
>mashup of DK64 with Galaxy and Sunshine
>DK64 aspects: multiple Kongs, neat secrets and big boss battles, lots of abilities to learn per character
>Sunshine: each world is broken into actual missions that any character can complete, but missions change up levels and some require certain abilities. Most skills are unlocked from onset of game as well
>Galaxy: worlds are massive in scale and plot/presentation is lighthearted and very colorful
>DKC titles: bring back Animal Buddies, keep the core Kongs (DK, Diddy, Dixie) and maybe let us play as some fan favorites (Tiny, Lanky...), put characters like Cranky and Wrinkly back into classic roles, bring back Kremlings only have a new persona for K. Rool (Don K. Rool as a mafioso, K. Rool the Kremhearted as a medieval black knight, etc.)
>and for some new ideas, maybe bring 2 player co-op into the 3D sphere because that's really not been done in a long long while
>>
Retro Studios started a trilogy, they'll most likely finish it now, so I'd say no point in discussing which will be the next developer.
>>
File: 1395267081234.png (126 KB, 229x345) Image search: [Google]
1395267081234.png
126 KB, 229x345
>>321264319
I would buy 20 copies immediately
>>
File: Summer2013_03.jpg (841 KB, 2020x1200) Image search: [Google]
Summer2013_03.jpg
841 KB, 2020x1200
Some guest appearances
>>
More DK rap
>>
I hate the way Returns and Freeze play so stiff.

Yeah the games are more difficult than the originals but the originals are so much fun to replay but I have very little desire to return to the on or off no exceptions pole up your ass controls of the new two.

I don't understand why the original trilogy is remembered as difficult. Of the 107 Super Nintendo games I have completed they are far and away the easiest.
>>
File: 003.jpg (310 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
310 KB, 1200x627
Dead series, dead thread.
>>
>>321265886
There was a game literally last year
>>
>>321265225
>pole up your ass controls of the new two.
I don't get what you mean, not enough control of your speed? Rolling's weird?
>>
>>321264319

That sounds orgasmic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.