[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Christmas Eve >Not playing DKC3 right now with the MERRY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: KooKoo Kiddy.jpg (110 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
KooKoo Kiddy.jpg
110 KB, 600x600
>Christmas Eve
>Not playing DKC3 right now with the MERRY cheat on
>>
File: 9802.jpg (57 KB, 601x768) Image search: [Google]
9802.jpg
57 KB, 601x768
>>321256417

Parasite Eve superior holiday game
>>
>>321256417
Kiddy Kong was a mistake that should have been aborted
>>
>>321256615
Fucking agreed. I just finished it yesterday. I feel like I finished it too soon. I usually play it around this time, but I was hoping I would end it on christmas day.

>tfw too good at the game now and everything is a joke and you finish it a few days early by accident.

I tried to play PE2 to continue the nostalgia train, but they made a HUGE mistake changing the gameplay to tank controls. I just can't stand it now.
>>
>>321256927
Yeah should've just been DK instead. Be cool if the trilogy had every combination of the three Kongs.
Kiddy isn't the reason why the game isn't remembered as much as the original or 2 though.
>>
>>321257926
What's that reason again?
>>
>>321256417
> It's Christmas Eve
>Hiro doesn't make all boards green and red
>>
>>321258903
N64 came out at the same time, and it was the third DK in three years.
>>
>>321259582
I had them all and loved them all. I feel like no one played 3 and just have better memories of 1 & 2 since they were younger when they played them.
>>
>>321260346
They'd only be a year younger though.
>>
>>321258903
The music wasnt D Wise's and most people found the art to be worse. The world was open and im not sure but maybe the controls different.

Too many dks in a so small time + Different art and music+ different world map= People confused because it didnt fit their expectations.
>>
>>321258903

It was one of the later games on the SNES.

But more importantly, It didn't have David Wise doing the music so the OST was noticably different and didn't match the country theme the game was going for.

The gameplay was also simplified.
>>
File: KAOskore.png (2 MB, 4096x3584) Image search: [Google]
KAOskore.png
2 MB, 4096x3584
best worlds
>>
File: Mekanos.png (2 MB, 4096x3584) Image search: [Google]
Mekanos.png
2 MB, 4096x3584
>>
DKC3 is the best one.

It took me literally 19 years to realize this but I replied it sometime last year and it was the the undeniable truth.

Music is Diddy Kong Racing Tier but on SNES.
Art is beautiful, game is super cozy.
Controls and level design on point but its the DKC trilogy so that's a given

Animals are weaker overall but they do some neat things sometimes so there's a trade off. Best boss fights

get at me
>>
I was stuck on ripsaw rage for the longest time
>>
My sister saved up to buy me DKC3 for christmas one year when I was like 7, since I loved DKC and DKC2 so much.

3 was strange, while I was playing it my kid brain was like "I'm seeing the kongs but... all of this feels unnatural and off somehow"

It was a few months before I eventually noticed while looking at the art in the manuals for 2 and 3 that 3 just looks different and overall worse.

I did like some things about 3 but I couldn't shake the feeling it wasn't right somehow, that this shouldn't be what 3 is.
>>
File: xmas_nights.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
xmas_nights.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
>>321256417
YOU are smalltime.
>>
>>321264095
>>321263927
These two are way too similar. Mekanos should have been a de-forested area, there's no reason for the factory world to be so green. You could still have the giant tree level with the saw, but that would be the only green on the map. And it's getting cut down. More of a solid theme that way, and differentiates it from KAOS
>>
>>321267541
I think that did that in the GBA remake
>>
>>321269495
Too bad about everything else in that port
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.