[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was in the wrong here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Stormcloaks seriously? They put non nords in segregated cities. They started a civil war when the thalmor where exploiting the weakened empire. They fucked up everything.
>>
fuck whitey
>>
File: Heimskr.png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Heimskr.png
1 MB, 600x1000
Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!

We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you." [note 1]

Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people!

So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!

For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit both the heavens and the earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment!

And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!

Trust in me, Whiterun! Trust in the words of Heimskr! For I am the chosen of Talos! I alone have been anointed by the Ninth to spread his holy word!
>>
>>321255553

>worshipping Talos

EIGHT divines. EIGHT.
>>
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
>>
Keep Skyrim Nordic!

Cast those dagger eared villains and their imperial lapdogs out!
>>
Doesn't matter. Thalmor win anyway.
>>
>>321255776
>stormcloaks
>keeping elves out

kek
>>
File: retardfight.jpg (98 KB, 398x463) Image search: [Google]
retardfight.jpg
98 KB, 398x463
>>321255078
>>
File: Argonian8.jpg (70 KB, 456x592) Image search: [Google]
Argonian8.jpg
70 KB, 456x592
What happened to poison immunity?
>>
>>321256181
both sides were played by opportunistic land owners.
>>
>>321255078
Stormcloaks are retarded. Hell, the game knows they are retarded that they just have to make imperials "evil" in the opening to sympathize with cloaks.
>>
File: 1433397833824.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1433397833824.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>rabble rabble i wanna worship talos!!!
>okay fine just do it in private.
>rabble rabble i wanna worship talos in public!!!
>we'll be invaded
>rabble rabble fuck you im rioting lol!!
>season unending just shows both sides bickering even more.

really wish there was a greybeard ending where you just watch the world burn instead
>>
>>321255553
I really like that they added and extra-game piece of writing into Skyrim with the line taken out of 'From the Many-Headed Talos'.
>>
>>321256181
UK for not listening to the plight of the colonials
>>
>>321256348
what kind of faggot would let some shitty elves tell you where you can and can't worship the most important of the 9.
>>
>>321255078
FUCK THE ELFS
BUILD WALL
>>
Imperials are dumb for bending over the Thalmor when they probably could've won in the long run and with the squashing down of Talos worship. Stormcloaks are dumb for weakening the Empire.
>>
>>321255193
>They put non nords in segregated cities

They allowed them to live in their capital, just not in the main districts with everyone else. What's your problem with that? This isn't like some racial thing with humans, the differences in Tamriel are very real, elves can do all sorts of wack magical shit which you have to be actively careful about
>>
what happens if you kill both ulfric and the imperial general?
>>
>>321256620

Weren't the imperials finally winning when they signed the white-gold concordat?
>>
>>321256813
anyone in tamriel can cast magic you dumb nigger with the right talent and natural ability
>>
>murder the fucking emperor in the db quest line
>game doesn't even acknowledge it.
>>
>>321256947
Fucking this, I just did this shit and everyone acts like nothing happened, what a shit game
>>
>>321255078
I usually side with the Stormasses, even if they're racist assholes, Skyrim is the Nord place.

I don't like Ulfric or whatever, he's a cunty cunty cunt.
>>
>>321256181
The UK.

>Americans say they can't afford the taxes
>UK responds by raising taxes
>Americans say they still can't afford taxes
>UK responds by killing Americans
>>
>>321256464
Ulfric was a thalmor puppet.
>>
>>321256865
The Empire won the last battle but were so fucked up by it they agreed to a treaty that favoured the Thalmor.

The rumours are, however, that the Empire have no intention of keeping the peace. They only signed it for breathing room, since they can recover faster than the Thalmor, and fuck them up in round two.
>>
>>321256817
you can't of course, they're both essential until the final quest in whichever side you pick. you have stay within the confines of the theme park ride at all times.
>>
File: Maven.png (1 MB, 576x1080) Image search: [Google]
Maven.png
1 MB, 576x1080
I can forgive a lot about Skyrim but the fact you can't kill this bitch and destroy the Thieves Guild is absolute bullshit.
>>
>>321256620
They were taken off guard by a surprised attack of elves comprised mostly of powerful wizards who could be getting their power from daedra if the rumors from oblivion are true.
>>
>>321256947
>Emperor says he'll let me kill him.
>Cast soul trap on him
>He starts fighting me with his fists.
>"SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS"
>>
>>321257602

holy FUCK that picture

show me one NPC from oblivion that actually looked god
>>
>>321257456
Just sick the bretons on them. They're a hard counter to high elves

>High elves prefer magic but are also weak to it
>Bretons are resistant to magic and naturally good at using it.
>>
>>321255553
shut up, grandpa
>>
>>321256908
Altmer are way more naturally attuned to magic and thus a higher threat you gross cunt

Dunmer's bad luck affects everything around them and make great thieves and assassins, Bosmer have Wild Hunt and make great thieves, and Argonians are great at lockpicking and sneaking i.e. make great thieves

sooooooo it might JUST be a good idea to keep them at arm's length
>>
File: Sheogorath.png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Sheogorath.png
1 MB, 600x1000
>>321257859
Sheogorath looks pretty god
>>
>emperor shows up in his boat
>ulfric won't make a move against him because it would bring too much attention
>>
File: 1423583254864.jpg (202 KB, 781x1003) Image search: [Google]
1423583254864.jpg
202 KB, 781x1003
The Empire is supposed to represent the rule of law; that all citizens of the Empire are obligated to abide the law, and that all citizens have the right to be protected equally under it.

The moment General Tulius allowed Thalmor agents to wander the countryside unchecked, subjecting lawful citizens to illegal kidnapping/interrogation/torture/executions by a foreign power, they betrayed their most sacred principles and were no longer worthy of being supported.
>>
File: Vivec_God.png (820 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Vivec_God.png
820 KB, 600x1000
>>321255553
Yall motherfuckers need Vivec

He was born in the ash among the Velothi, anon Chimer, before the war with the northern men. Ayem came first to the village of the netchimen, and her shadow was that of Boethiah, who was the Prince of Plots, and things unknown and known would fold themselves around her until they were like stars or the messages of stars. Ayem took a netchiman's wife and said...
>>
>>321258162

okay, that's the one exception

is there ANY daedric prince that ever hopes to surpass Sheogorath as the best daedric prince?
>>
>>321257426

This. Whatacunt.
>>
>>321258312
Sanguine
>>
>>321258312
Azura a qt
>>
>>321258312
No. Sheogorath is the most fun and clearly the developer favorite.
>>
>>321256865
At the signing of the white-gold concordat both sides were really fucked, the Mede dynasty had won the latest battle after retaking the Imperial City at the Battle of the Red Ring but the Thalmor still had armies to field and were doing damage in southern Hammerfell while the Empire had 3 legions completely wiped out. The Empire could've followed Hammerfell's example and fought the Thalmor to a pyrrhic victory as shown with their actions after the ceding of Hammerfell as an Imperial province (and the invalidation of its legions) and their ability to secure the complete withdrawl of Thalmor forces with the Treaty of Stros M'kai. However, like what happened in Hammerfall, you'd have likely seen complete devastation across the Empire which may have lead to its collapse eventually anwyay.

The problem occurs AFTER the victory, at best they'd have got the Thalmor out of the Empire's lands but Alinor remains untouched and it took Tiber Septim the power of a reality-bending Golem to conquer the Summerset Isles, it was probably just a matter of time before they turned to the offense.
>>
>>321258631

>azura "thanks for saving vvardenfell here's a ring that lets you see in the dark"
>being the best
>being good at al

"no"
>>
>>321258312
Azura and Meridia are clearly the best.
>>
File: chairman approval.jpg (107 KB, 598x465) Image search: [Google]
chairman approval.jpg
107 KB, 598x465
>>321258862
>>being good at al
you just reminded me to do a referencing assignment, thanks anon, keep up the good typos
>>
>>321259041

goddamn i hate this keyboard
>>
>>321258854
Makes me laugh when Galmar says they'll be taking the fight to the Thalmor in a Stormcloak victory

Although, I do think an independent Skyrim would be able to protect itself from a Thalmor invasion

>>321255193
>They put non nords in segregated cities
Nice propoganda, they only keep the Khajit and Argonians out, and with usually good reason
>>
>>321258631
nice tits but what a ditz. Meridia was more caring for my tastes
>>
>>321259184
They probably could with current Thalmor, just look at Hammerfell (who did it while broken and after a long war). The issue is if it's Skyrim vs. Thalmor without any external factors, I'd be reluctant to call Skyrim victory on that one.
>>
>>321259184
>and with usually good reason
this

argonians, dunmer, bosmer are all great thieves and Khajit are junkies to boot
>>
>get called by meridia herself
>carry a sword with the power of the sunlight
>"lol gods r not real" *tips fine hat*
Fucking empire faggots
>>
>>321259405
Whatever you actually think is happening in Hammerfell is wrong. The redguards haven't pushed out the thalmor.
>>
>>321255193
Let's not forget that one of the main reasons the Empire even lost against the Thalmor is because the nords failed to reinforce them. Now they have the gall to say, "Look at all the troops we still have and you want us to give in?"
>>
>>321259534
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Treaty_of_Stros_M'kai

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Second_Treaty_of_Stros_M'Kai

Yes they did.
>>
>>321255193
The stormcloak capital has more non nords than any other city. They know what they're talking about if they say dark elves are shits.

Why is it always the places without shitty immigrants that tell places with them to be more tolerant?
>>
>>321256181
Taxation without representation, motherfuckers.

What the hell were the other colonies doing at the time? Just bending over and taking the tea taxes up the ass? I understand that the US had a young but educated elite at the time to tell the citizens that the British actions at the time were wrong, but shouldn't Canada have had something similar going on?
>>
>>321259184
An independent Skyrim would ally itself with Hammerfell, both would bully High Rock into joining them and attack the Thalmor, at which point the Empire's hand would be forced and they'd join the fight to kill elves.

The Thalmor would then get BTFO'd because the Great War hurt them alot more then they'd like to suggest.
>>
>>321259754
Nope. That redguard leader who wanted to capture the redguard barmaid in Whiterun said the fight was ongoing. He is the most up to date source of information.
>>
>>321259534
They also had plenty of unofficial Imperial help with their resistance.
>>
What exactly is Pankratosword?
>>
>>321259456
They're not gods. They're other worldly beings that meddle with the affairs of mortals. It's like old Trek where they'd find a planet of people worshiping a power alien like a god.
>>
>>321255553
BREATH DEEP, BREATH THE MIGHTY TACOS AND RISE UP!
>>
>>321260014
Redguards have a special fighting style called Sword Singing. Pankratosword is the peak of the craft and is almost like splitting an atom

Yokunda probably sank as a result of someone mastering it
>>
>>321258862
That ring also had constant effect regen Fatigue. Best beginning of end-game ring ever.
>>
>>321260014
It's a sword style that manipulated the tones of creation, similar to Dwemer tonal architecture, allowing one to split atoms.
>>
>>321260762

I had a robe that did the exact same shit earlier in the game.
>>
>>321259969
Hmm, I forgot about that. It's been a while since I've played Skyrim. Although the point still stands that Hammerfell DID secure the withdrawl of the Aldmeri Dominion, it's a bit ambigous where and how the fighting is manifesting though.
>>
>>321260789
>>321260476

How would master let alone learn a technique like that?
>>
File: Naij Al-Faradj.jpg (2 MB, 2060x1371) Image search: [Google]
Naij Al-Faradj.jpg
2 MB, 2060x1371
>>321255078
The imperials
>b-but skyrim'll just be conquered by the thalmor without the empire
better than just surrendering to them via their puppet
>>
>>321261015
Memory stones. Pankratosword isn't a technique of Redguard if I remember correctly but rather of the Left-handed Elves of Yokuda.
>>
>>321259925
If I remember my lessons correctly, Canada, being newly acquired by Britain, had to pay less taxes to avoid yet another conflict

Britain, still being in need of money, decided to raise taxes on Americans instead of Canada

or some shit i dunno fuck
>>
>>321259925
Canada was pretty tiny and the much more British for lack of a better word than the States because there were still plenty of British here from the conquest of Quebec. To help integration and pacify the French, Quebec got a bunch of benefits that by extension affected the rest of Canada. One example of this was the Quebec Act, which took land that the Americans were going to settle and giving it to Quebec instead and a few other things that pissed the Americans off like lower taxes and being able to freely practice Catholicism.

Canada also didn't have the power to break away even if it wanted and a failed invasion by the Patriots didn't really sway people to their cause.
>>
did the dwemer zero-sum
>>
>>321261589
No.
>>
>>321256181
>raise taxes that colonials cant afford
>we cant afford these guys
>keep raising them without gibsing representation
THIS ALL COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IF YOU CUNTS JUST GAVE US REPRESENTATION
>>
Skyrim belongs to the Nords.
>>
>>321256813
>racial differences
>not real
lol fuck off shitlib
>>
Stormcloaks are in the wrong here, Ulfric is a bitch who killed the previous high king even though that king admired him and would have most likely agreed to rebel against the empire if ulfric asked him to (thats what his former advisor says), Ulfrics only in the civil war for personal power and gain, not due to some noble cause

lets not forget that he is a coward who was taken prisoner without real resistance twice (that imperial guy you can leave with at the start says that, and the embassy has notes on that too), he is basically just a puppet doing Dominion a favour

AND most importantly whats his endgame? Tulius says that the empire is preparing to fight the Aldmeri Dominion, while Ulfric talks about how he'd love to take on the Empire but must wait some time and just sends emissaries to around

all provinces need to be united to take on the thalmor, and Empire is the only entity that can unite them, but people on /v/ support stormcloaks because they project real life race issues into it >muh based breivik

while ignoring that skyrim is the backwards faction in TES
>>
Bethesda is so shit at politics and tension. I hardly had any feelings about the entire conflict throughout the whole game.
>>
>>321262301
probably because there were never any real repercussions to anything. for christ's sake you can assassinate the emperor and it affects absolutely nothing.
>>
>>321262204
Fuck Khajiits
>spell check tries to turn Khajiits to Jihadists
fucking lol
>>
>>321258852
and strongest.
>>
>>321262551
nobody cares about the cat people, amongst the human factions nords are clearly the most backwards
>>
>>321262301
the war is just a shitty quest line to pad the tiny main quest line.

>guys guys the dragon is going to kill us all!
>i need to trap a dragon to find out how to stop-
>whoa whoa hold it we need to solve the civil war first
>but if we dont stop the dragons there will be nothing left to-
>whoa there fella you need pick a side and do a bunch of quests where you march on a city of 4 npcs or sit through a scene where both sides bitch and moan at each other and blame you, a neutral party who is trying be an arbiter so you can save the god damn world, for everything that doesn't go their way and you can't skip the dialog either
>>
>>321263016

This.

One of Skyrim's biggest problems is that there's no tension.
>>
>>321259184
>Wanting the Argonians out
>aka "They're invading Oblivion! Close the portals!" lizard super soldiers
>not wanting them as allies
>>
>>321265003

argonians are walking time bombs
>>
>>321265131
Not if you treat them decently.

That's what Morrowind learned. Talk shit, get hit,
>>
>>321265362

it's only a matter of time before the hist turns them into bloodthirsty killers
>>
>>321265568
Only a matter of time until Thalmor UNMAKE NIRN.

Seriously, priorities.
>>
>>321258132
Yeah and whites are highly attuned to being privileged and making significantly more money per capita than any other race

What's ur point
>>
>>321256204
casualization
>>
>>321266185
>making the game harder
>casualization
>>
>>321255078

>Not RPing as a proud ultranationalist viking who solves all of his problems with violence
>Not killing dirty Thalmor and their Legion cronies in the name of Skyrim's lost god, Talos
>Not bringing death and destruction to all who support the Legion and therefore indirectly support the Thalmor
>Not murdering all elves you come across out of principle

SKYRIM
IS
FOR
THE

N O R D S
O
R
D
S
>>
>>321266313
>removing complexity so retards don't get overwhelmed
>not casualization
>>
>>321255078
neither, because absolutely fucking nothing changes ever

literally the worst story bethesda has ever done
>>
If the Nords dont align with the Redguards. They will lose against the dominion.
>>
>>321256204
Consequences for your choices means players can't do everything with the same playthrough and it becomes a lot harder to balance. Better to just minimize race differences and guild restrictions to make everyone's experience standardized.

roleplaying is dead
>>
File: Lmaoniggers.gif (753 KB, 200x86) Image search: [Google]
Lmaoniggers.gif
753 KB, 200x86
>>321258308
"Oh god Vivec why did you leave us and let the gigantic fucking boulder fall onto an active volcano, leaving us to get decimated by a slave revolt!?"
>>
>>321255078
Todd
>>
>>321262204
The empire already fucking lost and made people give up their god
That's basically step 1 to colonialism, the nords were in their rights to rebel. The empire is only going to use nords to oppress their own people.
>>
SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS
>>
>>321268829
Nerds*

FTFY
>>
I wish you could've had conversations with more dragons, and had even more to talk about with Paarthurnax. Paarthurnax is a bro and was underutilized.
>>
>>321255078

Stormcloaks are a bunch of racist shits that cling to ancient laws, but they have a point that the empire bending over for the Thalmor is fucking disgraceful.
>>
The biggest problem with the stormcloaks is that they are gigantic bigots. The only wrong thing that the empire really did was almost kill an innocent man. The stormcloaks sparked the war in the first place and made the job of dovahkiin even harder.
>>
>Stormcloaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ
>>
File: 1298557160134.jpg (250 KB, 473x295) Image search: [Google]
1298557160134.jpg
250 KB, 473x295
>>321270757
>blades want you to kill him
>can't even tell them to fuck off without mod
>>
the one who was check em
>>
>>321268479
They were right in their right to rebel, but rebelling wasn't the right thing to do in the long run. Know what I mean?
>>
>>321259925
explain puerto rico then you fat hamburger
>>
>>321256181
...dude, Federal Banks and Germans. Fact. Like every other world issue, it's some how the Germans fault.
>>
>>321255078
Stormcloaks. Yes Ulfric let's fuck up Skyrim's political climate over your ego and risk imploding in on our selves just so we can say we never relied on any outsiders, because that makes sense.

I went full Imperial in my game because Skyrim can't afford to be Stubborn and my logic is ultimately the Nord Dragonborn siding with the Imperials should eventually allow him to take the throne and remake the empire all over again like Tiber.

The Nords worship Talos and he fucking ruled the empire, fighting imperials is literally the dumbest possible thing.
>>
I somewhat agree with Ulfric and Stormcloaks. It also helps that i like Ulfric more than Tullius.
Ultimately though, they went completely wrong about it, given the situation empire is in and i usually side with legion anyway. Dividing force even more than it already is won't help you to rape the elves when the time comes.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.