[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blazblue or Guilty Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
Okay guys, I don't know which one should I buy between Guilty Gear Xrd and Blazblue Continuum Shift.

I like Blazblue without being really good at it. Is Guilty Gear any better ? How about the roster ? The online games etc ?
>>
>>321253497
Definitely Xrd. There's actually a fair number of players for Xrd on PC right now because it's a recent release. Most people who play BlazBlue are playing Chronophantasm and they're playing it on consoles. The only reason to get Continuum Shift at this point if is you enjoy the story, but if you want something to play with others, go with Guilty Gear.
>>
>>321254087
Thank you for your input. I heard Guilty Gear is easier to learn and currently I can play against people with a fairly poor level (like mine), is it true ?
>>
>>321254305
That's not true at all. GG has the highest learning curve for 2D fighting games, but it will be the most rewarding if you are able to get through your first 100 hours of practice and basics.
>>
If it's between Xrd and CS you should get the former. The latter has been outdated for a few years now.
>>
>>321254929
I've actually heard that Blaz had a steeper curve. Thanks.

Btw, how is Xrd tutorial ?
>>
>>321255058
Comprehensive
>>
File: Guilty Gear Ease of Use.png (297 KB, 689x615) Image search: [Google]
Guilty Gear Ease of Use.png
297 KB, 689x615
>>321254305
I don't play Guilty Gear on PC, but judging from the banter in the threads, it seems like a lot of the people playing it are pretty new, even to fighting games in general. The basic mechanics aren't particularly difficult to learn, especially because there's a solid tutorial. They've bothered to simplify some complex mechanics from past games, like the roman cancel system, but how difficult it'll be to learn is going to depend a lot on what character you main.

Even with the simplification, the mechanics of the game are pretty complex compared to a lot of the other fighters I've played, BlazBlue included, but I don't think it's too difficult to jump into. It's just difficult to git gud.
>>
>>321255246
Last Question that will make me go for it.

Is there a lot of COOL characters ?
Like, I only play characters if when I look at them I'm like "wow, I want to learn to play that guy/girl, he/she is so coooool". Will I have a lot of choice ?
>>
Chrono Phantasma Extend is coming out in January if you're willing to wait. That's the newest version out right now on the west.

And I think in BB's case, you'll probably get more mileage out of it since the console version take a long ass time to come out both in Japan and the US.

>>321255426
Depends. Do you like 90s anime character design but now modernized? Do you like rock music?
>>
>>321255401
Thanks man. I'm also using a Xbone controller, will it be good to start with ?
>>
>>321255570
>And I think in BB's case, you'll probably get more mileage out of it since the console version take a long ass time to come out both in Japan and the US.
I meant this for the new version of BB out in Arcades.
>>
>>321255570
I love rock music.
>>
>>321255426
The whole roster is extremely diverse in terms of both their mechanics and personalities, so you'll probably find someone to settle into pretty easily. Like >>321255570 said, if you like older anime and rock music, it's gonna help.

>>321255595
Xbone controller is fine, but I don't think they're particularly good for fighting games. A Dualshock would be ideal, and I know a lot of people use their keyboard, similar to a hitbox style fightstick. You should be good with it, but there are better options out there. Controllers designed for fighting games aren't too terribly expensive, but a fightstick will probably break the bank and isn't worth the investment if you're just playing casually.
>>
>>321255763
Specifically dad rock stuff? Like Queen and shit?
>>
>>321255595

The xbone has actually has a decent d-pad so I don't see why not.
>>
>>321255886
Queen is pretty overrated but yeah, that kind of shit is always good to my ears.
>>
>>321255426
yeah absolutely. pretty diverse cast and all of them are stylized and fleshed out in their own way. one thing unique about the series is that playstyles can vary a shitton from character to character so there's a lot of replayability in learning different characters and it's a different game each time
>>
>>321256237
one other thing worth mentioning is the game is absolutely GORGEOUS. like when you play it you'll think, holy shit THIS is what a next gen fighter is supposed to look like. like the dream that started with street fighter EX (fully polygonal 2d fighting game) finally realized
>>
File: Capture.png (154 KB, 1894x132) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
154 KB, 1894x132
>>321256237
>>321256404
>>321255895
>>321255886
>>321255875
>>321255705
>>321255570
>>321255401
Thanks boys.
>>
>>321256404
Pretty sure SF EX wasn't the first game to do 2.5D gameplay.
>>
File: 1450756277185.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450756277185.gif
2 MB, 500x281
The only fighting game I've played in my life is Persona Arena/Ultimax, which is fun, but I think I want play something with less bullshit.

I've had my eye on GG for a while. Which character in GG is the closest to Elizabeth from Ultimax?
>>
>>321256914
I'm OP, if you end up taking GG, I would be glad to learn with you anon. We all know it's the beset feeling ever to start as a noobie with a "friend" and grow strong together.
>>
>>321256827

it came out in 96, but was predated by KI which came out in arcade in 94. but i didn't specifically mean 2.5D gameplay, i was emphasizing 3D polygonal game that is emulating the style of a animated sprite game. although EX was before the time of cell shading, EX was a spin off of a game that was originally sprite based so it's natural to assume the design inspiration for EX was to create something that replicates that feel (as opposed to something more realistic). Xrd is genuinely the first fighting game i've ever played that gives that feeling of sprite based animation done in 3D
>>
>>321257432

That does sound nice but I'm not planning on getting the game for a while. Too many games in my backlog.

What platform did you decide to get GG for?
>>
>>321257717
Currently downloading it on Steam.
>>
>>321256914
I don't think she has an equivalent in GG or BB. Maybe Ram if we're talking long corner carry combos off of anything and hitboxes out the ass?
>>
You should get Xrd and wait for BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend, which is due out at the first of the year.

To answer your question, there's a lot more tech to Guilty Gear, which requires a bit more learning. It isn't just mastering a character's drive and going from there, you have to put some efforts into actually learning fundamentals in a fighting game to get good at it.
>>
>>321257906
I really think I had a "sensei" to teach me all of that...
>>
I'd say in some ways, BlazBlue's the harder one to master because all the characters play extremely differently, in no small part thanks to the Drive system. The system itself might have a lower learning curve, but a lot of players don't really care for BlazBlue because of Drive.
>>
>>321257901

How about in terms of personality? Is there anyone that throws out non-stop gimmicks like her?
>>
>>321253497
Buy GG pirate BB if you're interested since it's like 2 versions behind
>>
>>321258167
It's just one gimmick button senpai
It's just another set of normals that isn't really complicated much like in GG except all of the gimmicks are integrated without a button
>>
>>321257906
Guilty Gear is anime SF
BlazBlue is anime KoF
Persona Or Melty is anime Mahvel

>>321258023
I recommend looking up Airdash Academy and Guilty Gear Crash Course.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

Start with the first one since it's more of an overview of airdash fighters, and then move on to the second series since it focuses on Xrd.
>>
>>321258370
No game deserves to be compared to Mahvel
>>
File: 1447999319719.jpg (33 KB, 680x634) Image search: [Google]
1447999319719.jpg
33 KB, 680x634
>>321258370

>Persona
>Marvel
>apparently Melty

What goes through their minds when they develop fighting games like this. I mean, sure, diversity within a genre is great but is it so hard to recognize when there's too much bullshit and fix it?
>>
I assume you only have a PC OP? If so, it's hard to say which one to get. Technically, Xrd is actually the most recent version of Guilty Gear and has a decent player count currently because of it. It's a really pretty and fun fast paced game, that's probably the simplest it's ever been for newer players with its simplified mechanics and great tutorial systems. This game is the one you want to go for if you want to play with others online since it has a decent number of players.

BB Continuum Shift Extend also has online, but it's a relatively old version of BB, about 2 versions old to be exact. However, it has a lot more single player content, and is a great game to play or start off with in regards to BB games, since it has a recap of the first game along with all of CS's story. It also has a lot of single player modes too, and BB also has really good tutorial stuff in it to help you learn to play. Plus, Chrono Phantasma Extend is coming out in a month or two, so if the story interests you, buying CS Extend and playing it in preperation for CP Extend may be a good choice. BB in general also easier to play, has more to chooses from in regards to characters atm, since it has a bigger cast, and it may be easier to find a character that fits you.

So keeping these factors in mind, it's really up to you which one y our want to play. Though personally I would buy and play both. They're both pretty awesome, even for newbies.
>>
GUILTY GEAR VERSUS BLAZBLUE

W H E N
H
E
N
>>
>>321258167
Drive is really the best thing about BB. It makes everyone stand out even more and really makes you learn your character.

>>321258369
I feel that it fleshes out the characters more. You have 1 button that can be used for a character's main trait and then you have 3 other buttons freed to do whatever you want.
>>
>>321258669

I love Persona but it's garbage. My fighting game experience is limited but even I can recognize that.

It's like having the same 100% or near 100% combos of Marvel but you don't have two spare characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFm-iebO3tw
>>
>>321258796
>BB in general also easier to play, has more to chooses from in regards to characters atm
Really ?
I currently own Calamity Trigger and the cast is really small. Is GG's one even smaller ?
>>
>>321258693
>>321258693
persona and marvel are similar in the sense that they both have crazy nonsense and borderline broken shit (in MvC2's case, actual broken mechanics that somehow made sense. there's a video of mike z talking about those mechanics in a skullgirl update video), yet are still incredibly fun and barely held together by a good engine

>>321259153
persona rides the line between broken unfun and fun brokedness.
>>
>>321259246
As of Centralfiction, I believe it has around forty characters now.
>>
>>321259246
Calamity Trigger is the first version of BlazBlue. The latest console version has 28, and the latest arcade release has 31.
>>
Wow a gg vs bb thread with insightful posts and no shit flinging. I'm proud of you v. It may not mean much but I'll remember this moment.
>>
>>321259660
Super late /v/ is comfy /v/
but dammit i wanna sleep
>>
>>321258845
That's still 4 buttons compared to the 5 GG has with more room to spread things out
>>
>>321259717
That's true. Sleep is for the weak. God damn my gf is going to kill me tomorrow night at the Christmas dinner, when I will be half asleep in front of her whole family.

>>321259527
wow, didn't knew that. And if you had to compare Xrd and Continuum Shift ?
>>
>>321258826
After BBCF, maybe.
I hope it's a 3D game. A straight 2D crossover would be boring.
>>
>>321259520
lmao

31 actually, 32 soon
>>
>>321259246
Calamity Trigger was the 1st BB game that orginally came out years ago. If we're comparing the game's in the OP, CS Extend has 19 characters, one more than Xrd. If OP waits for Chrono Phantasma Extend in February, it will have 28.
>>
>>321259717
Funny how the identical thread made right before this one was full of shitposting
>>
I'm not touching GG again until they bring Robo-Ky back. It's not fucking fair.
>>
>>321259660
There's like 3-4 hours every day where the kids are asleep and Europe isn't awake yet where /v/ isn't the worst place on Earth.
>>
>>321260502
But who's here posting then
>>
>>321259801
Xrd toned down the unique Dust button stuff on characters though, mainly getting rid of Force Breaks (but at the same time, Revelator introduced Burst Overdrives). Still, I do get what you mean.

Although, BB characters also have universal inputs for sweeps without requiring a separate button.

So you're right but not fully.
>>
>>321260604
NA night owls.
>>
>>321259968
see>>321260068

Get Xrd now, buy CPEX later in a month and a half. They're both very much worth it.

Hell, get CSEX as well if you want to see BB's full story and have some extra cash. Its really cheap anyway. Most people will say both of these games story are typical anime, but I think they're really fun. Guilty pleasures if anything, I find the characters and their interactions more fun than anything.
>>
>>321260604
NEETs from NA.
>>
>>321253497
BB is the better fighter because each character is unique and they all have different play styles.

GG everyone is just rushdown characters so it's really boring.
>>
File: gg_vs_bb.jpg (323 KB, 1698x1024) Image search: [Google]
gg_vs_bb.jpg
323 KB, 1698x1024
>>321253497
>>
>>321260742
Hey I'm not a NEET ! I just love to get back to fat ass life when I'm on vacation.
>>
>>321260926
Everyone in BB is just crazy pressure and combos for days.
>>
>>321261481
Hakumen exists

But yeah it's mostly pressure
>>
One thing I like that GG is doing with Xrd now is that the characters in Revelator as (so far) the same as in Xrd 1.1, so you don't have to completely relearn a character come a new version of the game though it can still happen between updates. Ram still hurting from 1.1

I feel that this is for western players, so that when Revelator console hits they don't get screwed by the wait between arcade and console. And when Revelator 1.1 hits, US/Japan will go through it mostly at the same time.
>>
>>321257906
From my experience, BB required more training mode grind to get down just some optimized combos for most characters, and basic combo routes change with every update.
And to me it feels like you can play GG almost fine with basic combos and footsies, but in BB it's not that viable.
>>
>>321260926
GG's more about setplay though.
>>
I'm the OP of this thread. Thank you a lot guys. Xrd is absolutly awesome.
>>
>>321265838
no prob b
nice to have a non shitpost filled gg/bb thread
>>
>>321266857
Wait, no, I can fix this.

BLAZBLUE? MORE LIKE

GRAY POO
>>
>>321262405
I think the combos got a bit easier with CP. The hitstun decay timer made them a bit shorter and simplified what routes are available to you at any given time.

The basic BnBs in Blazblue aren't too hard, and they net you a good 3k-ish damage which is enough.

What I find easier or at least more intuitive in Blazblue is how knockdowns and teching work.
>>
>>321253497

BB is a more neutral oriented game. Because of it's better defensive and wake up options situations return to neutral pretty frequently. It's faster paced and harder to confirm things as of CPE than XRD but that's mainly because of XRDS RC slow down gives you years to do so and CPE has decided to cut down on input buffers and hitstun by a couple of frames.

XRD is more about aggression meter usage and set play. Taking away your opponents ability to defend themselves is much easier to do. Damage is a bit higher so while the moment to moment isnt as fast as BB, the rounds can end WAY faster due to this giving.

Both games are worth a shot but if you're new i'd say XRD since it's easier to grasp.
>>
>>321269342
BlazBlue's been getting more and more aggressive though. Both Overdrive and Exceed Accels were developed to encourage aggressive play. They really hate defense there for some reason. I mean, there's Burst and shields and stuff, but they'd REALLY rather you use Overdrive instead.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.