[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parasite Eve thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 51aMS9AB5BL._SX425_.jpg (43 KB, 425x409) Image search: [Google]
51aMS9AB5BL._SX425_.jpg
43 KB, 425x409
It's Christmas Eve, anons.

Let's have a thread for Aya Brea and co. Played/re-played any of the games recently? I just began my 3rd playthrough tonight and I just get overwhelmed at how perfect the atmosphere in this game is.

Also post the best songs if you'd like!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwksWZdCGU

best song
>>
i loved this game and it's overworld. Part of that is i was born and lived in newyork city for a while, near Soho. I'd love to see more games like this in modern cities. I listen to this song when traveling around the city i live in now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7fhN_p1el0&list=PL1ABF2EE23EC6F8F4&index=14
>>
>>321255102
Great song, and cool-- I live in the metro and consider nyc my home too. The fusion of 2 things i love dearly (turn-based rpgs and big cities) into one brilliant package makes this one game i'll always love dearly. The graphics may be dated but the cut-scenes are all still brilliant and the story is well-told and even funny at times.
>>
>>321252692
It's a neat game, the gameplay is fun and the soundtrack is neat, but the story itself isn't too much to write home about at all. A shame since I think the concept has quite a chunk of potential.

The shoddiness of the translation (which seemed to be par for the course for most of the PS1 games Square localized) didn't help.

Aya's quite the babe.
>>
i still have my psx copy but i think my psx laser doesnt work anymore fug this world i might end up buying a ps
>>
I´m to give it a go later, love this game

>>321255804
The translations error´s were not apparent to me since english is not my first language, but now I can tell.
>>
>>321256043
It wasn't really so much the translation errors as it was the way the translation told the story. For an at-the-time M-rated game, I feel like they're trying to tell me the story as if I was no older than 12.
>>
File: 1449104865696.jpg (1 MB, 1530x2200) Image search: [Google]
1449104865696.jpg
1 MB, 1530x2200
I remember playing the game on a total whim a few years back and wound up loving it to death. Still haven't taken on the bonus dungeon for the true ending, but I'll get to it eventually.

And 2, even if I've heard a few conflicting things about the quality of that game.
>>
>>321255804
I actually thought the story was one of its strongest points. More accurately, the storytelling itself. It felt kind of like a shitty sci-fi movie script, but i got really invested in it and the camera angles and cut-scenes were so well done that it all came together in a way that I thought worked.
>>
File: gi-joe-a-real-american-hero.gif (6 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
gi-joe-a-real-american-hero.gif
6 KB, 256x224
>>321256663
Yeah I see what you mean, good thing I played the game when I was still a kid then.

Pic unrelated I loved this game as a kid, still do
>>
anyone here play third birthday?
>>
>>321258593

Yes it was my favorite
>>
>>321258682
That's cool, as long as you don't really consider it part of the parasite eve 'lore'.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XrpaXjhjL0
>>
When I played it so long ago I had no idea of the extra dungeon in the Chrysler building.
I still need to play this game again and do that part.
>>
If I didn't just get Amplitude today, I think I would replay PE for Christmas.

Next year, though.
>>
>>321255804
>The shoddiness of the translation
I don't recall seeing much wrong with the translation.
Rather, I think it's pretty damn good for PSX Square.
>>
>>321265072
This. The translation is fine. I even think a lot of the humor comes through.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.