[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't care how bad MGS4's story was. This scene will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: big-boss-mgs42.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big-boss-mgs42.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
>>
Mgsv made this scene worse though
>>
>and (breathing) now zero (breathing) is no longer (breathing) zero, but (breathing) is none, (breathing) none has become zero (breathing) and zero (breathing) is none which is now a zero
So beautiful makes me wanna cry omg love it
>>
File: Big Boss.png (581 KB, 765x426) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.png
581 KB, 765x426
>hi snake let me explain all this shit I couldn't possibly know about since I was in a nanomachine coma for years
>0 will turn into 100 which is 1 followed by two 0s
>hey I'm gonna kill this old man whose role in this game is entirely asspulled, hope you're okay with that
>before I go let me salute the boss again, get it just like mgs3 eh?
>"the world would be better off without snakes", kojima proceeds to make two more games of his own free will
>this is good isn't it, by the way hope you can explain these two dead bodies to the gravekeepers

yeah, great scene
>>
>>321253003
>>321253228
You guys have no heart.
>>
>>321253662
You mean we have actually read books and watched movies with good stories and realize how shitty video games are at telling them.

Its pathetic tripe.
>>
>>321253921
You shouldn't be holding video game stories to the same standards as books and movies. You know that never turns out well.
>>
>>321252613
except this was the worst scene in the game. If it had ended with snake killing himself it would have been a better game overall and a satisfying conclusion to his story
>>
>>321253662
It had a couple of good moments where the music swelled, but ultimately when you put any amount of thought into what's happening the scene is dumb.

I'm not heartless for being able to see through it.
>>
Alright, yeah, you guys have no hearts.
>>
File: mgs4_ending.png (1 MB, 982x720) Image search: [Google]
mgs4_ending.png
1 MB, 982x720
>>
>MGS V doesn't even have a final boss
>no one on one fight
even rising did this well
>>
>>321254429
MGR is the true MGSV.
>>
>>321254074
Yes I should
>>
>>321254923
No you shouldn't.
>>
>>321252613
Why? Because pottery?

>muh flowers
>muh over-cranked bloom filter
>muh ebin foreshadowing

>>321253921

This guy gets it.

There's very few games on the same level as books and even movies in terms of trying to directly tell a story. The Witcher 2 is the first one that comes to mind. Drawing a blank after that. Maybe Soul Reaver, and some point and click adventure games?
>>
File: Snake and Ocelot.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Snake and Ocelot.webm
3 MB, 900x506
I don't care how bad MGS4's story was. This scene will always be fucking beautiful.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.