[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just bought this game. which expansion should i play first what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Mount_&_Blade_-_Warband_cover.jpg (57 KB, 339x470) Image search: [Google]
Mount_&_Blade_-_Warband_cover.jpg
57 KB, 339x470
just bought this game.
which expansion should i play first
what's the best character traits
>>
>>321250070
Shivering isles is fun shit
>>
>>321250167
Either this or brood war.
>>
>>321250070
neither both of the expansions are trash

main game is lit tho
>>
Honestly, just start with warband. You'll mostly get flamed on /v/, but /vg/ has a mount and blade general and you'll find that a lot more welcoming. Also there are a ton of mods all of which can be found in the general as well.
>>
>>321250070
play the wings of glory mod
>>
>>321250295
so i should've bought the main game instead of this?

>>321250450
thanks
>>
>>321250664
Np. I've personally put hundreds of hours into warband and the sequel WF&S and they're really fun, especially if you like to be autistic and roleplay the shit out of things. The game can be pretty big at first, but don't get discouraged, push through and learn it, it's not hard at all. Also, you picked a great time to start playing, The next M&B is coming out soonish and is going to be pretty damn good.
>>
>>321250295
now you can just shut your whore mouth. The base game is dope prety much only because of mods though it should be recognized as an all around superior version to the original game, as far as expacs go, Viking Conquest takes the ideas from the best mods the community put out there and puts them all together on top of a considerable amount of bonus content, and they do this all while maintaining a striking realism for the time period with lots of interesting 'little stuff' bits that show that a certain level of love and affection was put into it.
>>
>>321250664
are you talking about regular mount and blade? Because warband is basically just an improved original mount and blade.
>>
>>321250664
warband IS the main game, its a sequel to an essentially well fleshed out proof of concept. The original was great, but its more of a beta to warband rather than a "book one" in the series
>>
>>321250863
Butterlord when???
>>
>>321250913
Really?
Because everyone I've asked has shit on Vikings, and I was genuinely hyped for it when it came out but couldn't be assed to pay for it because of poor reception.
>>
>>321251363
It is really well set up for someone who prefers running multiple characters.
Customization allows for you to start as a peasant, lord, or king from day 1

peasant starts are genuinely fucking challenging, you have to earn the right to recruit because you're basically not shit.
Improved options to succeed living a bandit life, no longer is it mandatory that you serve as a vassal
Huge map with tons of factions
The game lets you set character goals so you have a tangible target to aim for other than total domination.
religious tensions between pagan and christan faiths
built in unit cap of 750
improved moral calculations
some breddy cool missions for "is there anything I can help you with" chat options
HUGELY IMPROVED LORD AI
these guys are programmed to fuck your anus if you choose the right options in the difficulty settings

It's a great expac, not perfect but it's just as good as any complete overhaul mod you'll find and it's actually finalized/bug free unlike community mods so it has that polished feel
>>
PRO TIP FOR NEW PLAYERS
disable music, it's shite

I listen to Tyr or Falkenbach as I nordstomp my way into the butterswads maiden chambers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAWIMFUEQVs

>Cattle die
>Kinsmen will die
>I myself must die too someday
>All are mortal men
>but fair fame will never fade
>For the man who wins it.

My polearm (noshield) has never been so balanced
>>
>>321250913
>viking conquest
literally a free fucking mod they are asking money for.
I remember I played it a while back when it was a mod called vikingr then suddenly they stopped working on it and everybody stopped playing it.
>>
>>321253207

>not being a #SWAGian and civilizing the shit out of Calradia for the glory of jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDycUXzNs0
>>
File: 1379555655217.jpg (68 KB, 558x344) Image search: [Google]
1379555655217.jpg
68 KB, 558x344
>>321253452
Butter babies actually think Harlus has a right to rule
>laughing milk maids

the only thing the Sovereign Lard of Swadia rightfully rules is the feasting hall!
>>
>>321254220

>nord niggers
>ruling shit

in no game i've played have nords have ever had a good economy, rich villages, abundant trade or safety from bandit scourge. They are shit, Ragnar is shit, illegitimate AND incompetent, and god help their faggot huscarls on open terrain because they have as good of a relationship with my lancers as Ottomans did with Good ol' Dracula.
>>
File: mongal-war.jpg (59 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
mongal-war.jpg
59 KB, 600x334
WHO FUCKING /KHERGIT KHANATE/ HERE?

NICE CASTLES FAGGOTS
ITS A SHAME YOUR VILLAGES AREN'T INSIDE THEM

raping and pillaging the likes even Nords would be jealous of
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.