[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a indie developer were to make a fighting game featuring the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tnIv1pe.jpg (222 KB, 2000x1182) Image search: [Google]
tnIv1pe.jpg
222 KB, 2000x1182
If a indie developer were to make a fighting game featuring the most notable indie game characters, smash bros style, what would be the roster?
>>
it'd just be the cast of undertale
>>
>>321242678
The kid from Bastion
The guy from Braid
Isaac
Risk of Rain's commando
Jacket from Hotline Miami
Brad from LISA
Frisk
MeatBoy
Cadence from Crypt of the Necrodancer
The guy from Spelunky
Raz from Psychonauts
FTL's Kestrel Cruiser.
>>
>Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
>Meatboy (Meatboy)
>Isaac (BoI)
>The Kid (Bastion)
>Spelunky dude (Spelunky)
>Steve (Minecraft)
>Shantae (Shantae)
>Steamworld Dig dude
>Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
>Frisk (Undertale)
>Quote (Cave Story)
>Fish (Nuclear Throne)
>Commando (Risk of Rain)
>Raz (Psychonauts)
>Klaymen (Neverhood)

am i missing anyone
>>
with a cameo appearance by the @ from nethack
>>
>>321243123
>>321243029

combine these two and you'd have the best roster
>>
>>321243123
Not really sure if it counts as indie but I wouldn't mind if "Castle Crasher" was in the game, with each color representing a different knight.
>>
>>321243029
>FTL's Kestrel Cruiser
How are you even supposed to fight with that? One of the aliens would make more sense, like captain falcon is used instead of his vehicle.
>>
>>321243029
Cadence

My maximally pigmented fraternal relative!
>>
>>321243459
IDK, I just thought that the idea of having a tiny floating spaceship with lasers and rockets as a characters was kind of amusing, maybe replace it with a character that can cycle between some of the races?
>>
Just look to the cast of Runbow, with a few of >>321243123
>>
>>321243123
>Steve
Not indie anymore.
>Dillon
Was never indie. Published by Nintendo.
>>
>>321243029
>>321243123

Frisk would be an awful Undertale rep, as they never canonically hurt anyone. Sans would make more sense desu.
>>
Adding in to the lists:
>The kid from Limbo
>Fez
>A generic character from Terraria

Also, does Garry's mod counts as indie? if so:
>a freakish dr kleiner from Gmod
>>
File: Indie Brawl.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Indie Brawl.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>321242678
You mean Indie Brawl? I wonder if it ever got finished?
>>
I don't see Frisk having a very diverse move pool. I'd rather Undyne or maybe Sans as a joke character.
>>
>>321244297
Minecraft used to be a prime example of a successful indie game. Even if it's not indie anymore, it was still relevant in its indie days. It deserves to be on the list.
>>
>>321244485
That's a thing? Apparently is hasn't been updated since May 2014.
>>
>>321245049
Yeah, looks like it's been abandoned. Too bad, all that effort to get permission for those characters, only to waste it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.