[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between Blazblue and Guilty Gear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: ggbb.png (1 MB, 640x740) Image search: [Google]
ggbb.png
1 MB, 640x740
What's the difference between Blazblue and Guilty Gear?

I see people get into arguments about their differences all the time, but when I look at the two games side-by-side they look like almost the same thing. Aren't they both just fast-paced beat em ups?
>>
File: 1449834693776.jpg (984 KB, 1920x1035) Image search: [Google]
1449834693776.jpg
984 KB, 1920x1035
>>321241757
Blazblue is a pandering piece of waifubait garbage and Xrd is the best fighting game to come out in the past decade.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>321242386
this.

that fucking BB lineup in the lastest game... christ, glad I dropped that series.
>>
>>321241757
blazblue is your typical anime fighter, nothing special

guilty gear is a travesty, an anime fighter trying to pretend it has actual footsies or neutral, but it's just garbage. GGfags try their best to convince people that their game is not weeb as fuck (cause it is)
>>
Guilty Gear was a legit good fighting games series once.
>>
>>321241757
>Fast paced beat em up's

b8.

Not even the beat em ups, the part where you implied BB was fast.
>>
i got banned
>>
>>321241757

Aesthetics and Style:

Guilty Gear
>Rock and Roll motif with lots of reference to 70s-90s music
>Over-designed characters with belts and other superfluous accessories seeking to emulate 80s glam and rockstar fashion
>Traces its roots to 80s-90s shounen anime
>Lore revolves around magic based on musical theory

Blazblue
>Traces its roots to 00's and '10's Light Novel and anime both in design and theme
>Lore is based around time travel and parallel universes

Gameplay
Guilty Gear
>Fast meter gain, heavy emphasis on rushdown and okizeme setups
>Freedom to use meter due to fast meter gain for cancels and other defensive measures

Blazblue
>Relatively slower meter gain, heavy emphasis on baiting into mistakes for counterhits
>Okizeme is weaker due to techrolling but focuses more on controlling space due to the nature of punishing into counterhits
>Each character has a specific ability that greatly differentiates each character

Playing either games like the other is probably the best way of losing in both games. Only tryhards who don't even play either games like to hate on both. Literally the SMT vs Persona of fighting games where the biggest issue of the fanbase is not making a good community so they don't stand a chance vs Street Fighter
>>
>>321243416
are they not fast compared to other games? they look fast to me
>>
>>321241757
Guilty Gear looks amazing. Blaz looks okay
>>
>>321243826
Why do I have to "fight" Street Fighter when I just want to play GG?

Almost every SF is better than BB anyway sans 4. Alpha 3 is a much better game than BB will ever be. It's shit.
>>
File: 53087436_p1.png (482 KB, 662x700) Image search: [Google]
53087436_p1.png
482 KB, 662x700
>>321242386
>>321243076
Shit like this is why no one takes any of you seriously

>>321243826
That's more like it, that's what I like to see.
>>
I only enjoyed overture 2. Shame there aren't more games like it.
>>
>>321243851
GG is fast. BB is very slow, it's unbearable.
>>
File: p5a.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
p5a.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
p4a > GG > bb
>>
>>321243851
they kinda are. BB is faster than GG
>>
File: 1450747757973.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450747757973.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>321241757
Guilty Gear is good.

BlazBlue is not.
>>
>>321243951

Gotta have a good solid fanbase that keeps on growing if you want to make it big like Street Fighter. For the past 6+ years SF has always dominated the scene because they have a large following that attend events. Anime community is inclusive and sometimes the most vocal and annoying in terms of community.

Not to say all of them are bad because SF also has its fair share of cancer, but the special snowflake behavior is more evident in the Anime community, in addition to the dreaded ArcSys cycle
>>
>>321244212
lmao
>>
>>321244212
no
>>
>>321244281
I don't care if the game gets "big" in the scene as long as it sells enough for it to be profitable for them.

I just want to play and enjoy video games. I don't enjoy BB and I'm not going to pretend to like it to "beat" SF.

SF will always be the most popular fighting game because it was the "first" and now it made a comeback with a heavy appeal to casuals.

To "compete" Xrd would have to go a direction I don't want it to go. They brought it down to #reload from +R which was good but I don't want it to go retard to appeal to idiots.
>>
I feel like BB characters are more technically demanding. I'll never be able to play Tao or Carl.
>>
>>321244552
If you think Tao and Carl are bad you should try Zato or Chipp in GG.
>>
>>321245214
Zato +R is probably the hardest to play mechanically fighting game ever created.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.