[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heihachi is more complex than Ryu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: google.jpg (124 KB, 1024x553) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
124 KB, 1024x553
>Very early in the conceptual phase for SSB4, Sakurai briefly contemplated the inclusion of other Namco characters, though made the decision to go with Pac-Man only almost immediately. In particular, he named Tekken's Heihachi as a character who came to mind, but wrote him off as his complex moveset would have been too difficult to effectively translate to Smash Bros.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/06/26/800/
>>
>>321239881
you seriously telling me

that instead of including an actual fighting game character

with actual fighting moves

and actual depth

we got pacman?

I think I understand why people hate sakurai now.
>>
>>321239881
But PS All Stars managed to incorporate Heihachi just fine, why couldnt they do it in smash? Or was this before Ryu was brought up?
>>
>>321240131
You just described Ryu, and he was pretty universally met with absolutely no applause.

Nobody wanted him, nobody needed him, and he doesn't fit in with the rest of the roster.
>>
>>321240452
>and he was pretty universally met with absolutely no applause.
By who and where?
>>
>>321239881

>more complex than Ryu

Yes anon, a swiss army knife is more complex than a spoon.

Whats your point? Ryu has always been the simple introduction character.
>>
>>321240452
>Nobody wanted him, nobody needed him, and he doesn't fit in with the rest of the roster.

Said no one ever
>>
>>321240452
Are you kidding? Ryu fits in amazing. He's a really fun character.
>>
File: screenieweenie.png (22 KB, 1050x169) Image search: [Google]
screenieweenie.png
22 KB, 1050x169
>>321240452
Do you know how wrong you are?
>>
>>321240452
This. The character is basically never used and not even SF fans desired a SF character in a fucking Smash game. There is zero point to putting a fighting game character into another fighting game.
>>
>>321240627
>Ryu has always been the simple introduction character
said who?
>>
>>321241489

Everyone. Ever.
>>
>>321241532
I could destroy you playing as Ryu.
>>
>>321240946
>smash
>fighting game
>>
>>321240131
If you think Heihachi is as iconic as Pac-man, you are delusional as hell. Pac was the better choice and this is an objective fact.
>>
File: 1412112310967.png (34 KB, 546x325) Image search: [Google]
1412112310967.png
34 KB, 546x325
>>321241649
Not that anon, but he never said that Ryu was BAD, he said that he's the character you should start with. He has all the tools to teach you how to play Street Fighter and most fighting games in general. Introductory =/= bad.
>>
>>321240131
>Why didn't I get this fucking old man instead of the most iconic video game character
Pretty sure he will be in 5mash though
>>
>>321239881
>>321240452
>>321240131

Are smash autists the most retarded people on /v/?
>>
>>321241946
Just because he's not as a stupid as Vega doesn't mean that he's not complex.
>>
SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT TOO MUCH TO HANDLE AT NINTENDO
>>
>>321242023
Again, he never said he can't be complex either. He's an introductory character because HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO LEARN. Jesus Christ, anon. Stop defending your husbando so hard.
>>
>>321240946
>not even SF fans desired a SF character in Smash
That's because a majority of SF players don't care about Smash, not because they just didn't want one in there.
>>
>>321239881
Ryu is more interesting than Heihachi hes has signature moves like the Hadoken and Shoryuken.
Aside from Harada who the hell gives a fuck about Heihachi?
His child and grandchild would be more interesting because at least they have the Devil Gene
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.