[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it a sham?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 24
File: SSB4.jpg (112 KB, 567x310) Image search: [Google]
SSB4.jpg
112 KB, 567x310
Was it a sham?
>>
THANKS YUROP
>>
No, Europe is based.
>>
>>321232769
Yes, Bayo is way too far into development to not have been picked before the ballot ended
>>
>>321232769
Better question: Was it fair?
>>
>>321233428
Pretty much this. They'll use the ballot when making smash 5.
>>
>>321232769
It actually wasn't and I'm truly stunned by that fact.
>>
File: 1445538392240.gif (3 MB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1445538392240.gif
3 MB, 186x186
>Bayonetta wasn't even the winner
>was only in the top 5 overall
>still gets in over the others
>>
>>321232769
Yes
>>
>>321232769
Sakurai said Bayonetta had the most votes out of the "realizable" characters.
I think instead of "realizable," a better word would be "personally liked by Sakurai"
King K Rool probably got considerably more votes than Bayonetta worldwide and is entirely "realizable" but Sakurai hates DK and Metroid and has a huge boner for Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem so that doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>321232769
Yeah, kinda. A winner should have been chosen for each region. The way he rationalized Bayonetta sounded like crap.
>>
duh
>>
>>321232769
If it wasn't a sham, they would've actually revealed the full top 10 votes for each region instead of referring to them but never releasing them.
Obviously there are perfectly good characters that did better and Sakurai just did whatever he felt like and then bullshitted.
>>
File: 1337126172021.gif (885 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
1337126172021.gif
885 KB, 250x189
>>321232769
>*realizable*
>>
File: 1446322005358.jpg (35 KB, 347x304) Image search: [Google]
1446322005358.jpg
35 KB, 347x304
>people on /v/ actually thought their votes would count

c'mon guys, it's not a huge deal, but I never once thought the winner of the ballot would be in Smash. It was just to gauge interest.
>>
>>321234402
How fucking delusional are you? Or are you just pretending to be retarded?

Nobody gives a shit about K. Rool. Do you honestly think a few shitty polls on /v/ represent the majority of smash fans?
>>
File: 1450738797355.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450738797355.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
Realizable = Moneyhat

Bayonetta sure looked polished for only being in development for less than two months since the ballot ended.

The fans have spoken and they wanted K Rool but Sakurai hates him for being a western creation. Diddy gets a pass because he's literally just a tiny Donkey Kong and not an original concept.

It's sad, but true.
>>
>>321233428
>>321234402
>Bayo is way too far into development
>King K Rool probably got considerably more votes than Bayonetta worldwide

>Source: My ass

Stay salty Kroolponies.
>>
Nah it's pretty obvious Bayonetta didn't get as many votes as they said she did, unless they were totally hopeless against botting.
>>
>>321232769
Didn't the ballot say that the votes were only meant to be suggestions and not be determined by a total? For however many months the ballot was open, it just acted as an advertising tool for the game. Anyone participating in it should have understood that.

I don't care to speculate the "real" winners of the ballot or whatever.
>>
File: Not sure if want red devil.jpg (33 KB, 334x290) Image search: [Google]
Not sure if want red devil.jpg
33 KB, 334x290
>One character and the only first party character that literally no one asked for which even some Fire Emblem fans have trouble figuring out the necessity of having over six reps in the game, by far one of the most underwhelming character reveals, its only purpose is being there to promote the new Fire Emblem games overseas when the game is still set to release in such places
>Bayonetta already this well developed when the ballot ended October 3rd

Yeah nah, it stinks of fish around here. Of all the first party characters that were PERSONALLY voted in the ballot, that including all the shitty and probable non-shitty ones, the ballot winner ending up being anything other than a first party even though he outright stated that from now on, it'd be fucking fan service? Shit nigga, this might be some sexy ass fan service ala Samus, but this sure ain't Nintendo fan service. Bitch might have had some pretty coolio games, but suddenly putting her in a Nintendo game doesn't suddenly make her this goddamn Nintendo staple everyone knows about, you might as well say "hey, you guys might have slightly helped, but really, it's just to promote the games, we already had a slot saved long ago just for this" and that's why Nintendo wouldn't market the game that much and seeing the Smash fans constantly questioning Kamiya all the fucking time about her just pretty much fucking solidified it that, in order to make the game popular, they had to give her some attention somehow and this was it.
>>
>>321234402
>King K Rool probably got considerably more votes
>he thinks that a side character that hasn't been in a proper game for 20 years would get considerably more votes outside of nostalgiafagging online gaming communities
>>
>>321235620
>Mewtwo took 8 months and they already had a moveset for him
>Bayonetta is completely new and complex as fuck and is almost done
Keep guzzling that cum, sakurai drone.
>>
>Sakurai's villains: Generic Masked Renegade with a Dark and Brooding Past and a Penguin with a Hammer
>Rareware's Villain: Crocodile who is also a king and has a gun. He is also sometimes a pirate.

#CroctheVote won but Sakurai refused to put him in out of spite.
>>
>>321235936
>he thinks only mewtwo was worked on during that time
>>
>>321235936
>Mewtwo took 8 months and they already had a moveset for him

Yeah it programmed itself. Or maybe they just copy pasted it because, well, you know, Melee and Sm4sh are so similar!

>Source: My ass.
>>
>>321235460
There's also literally nothing hype about K rool
He's strictly a worse bowser
>>
>>321235712
*Suddenly putting her in a Nintendo console

Phrased that wrong, I did
>>
>>321235712
If putting Bayo in Smash was meant to increase sales for her game, they would have released Smash with her in it BEFORE releasing Bayonetta 2.
>>
File: 1408339959464.jpg (46 KB, 508x428) Image search: [Google]
1408339959464.jpg
46 KB, 508x428
>>321232769
Probably, but we'll never see the actual results, and we don't know what Sakurai's definition of "Realizable" is.
>>
>>321235936

Wrong, Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu combined took 8 months.
>>
>>321236304
This. Sakurai says part of the consideration is how interesting their moveset can be (partly why we got Ryu and not Heihachi, for instance).

K. rool would not be fun. Bayo looks awesome.
>>
>>321234402
We don't even know what "realizable" means. For all we know, Sakurai decided that K. Rool was too big and therefore was not realizable.
>>
Nah. Would have been nice to get more than one character out of the ballot but that was just a hope. The non-realizable characters are probably Snake, Banjo, and some dumb shit like Goku.
>>
>>321234402
>I think instead of "realizable," a better word would be "personally liked by Sakurai"

"Better" words are picked for being concise, not verbose.
>>
>>321236449

They didn't know it would be such a bomba.
This is literally Nintendo trying to reap on their investment when a real icon like Ridley would have gotten them mad dosh.
>>
>>321233995
Rewatch the direct.

>#1 worldwide among realizable characters
>>
File: super fraud bros.png (586 KB, 675x761) Image search: [Google]
super fraud bros.png
586 KB, 675x761
>>321232769
>>
>>321236449
This. Her game's been out for over a year and they've stopped printing new copies.
>>
So you're saying it would have been fair if Sakurai listened to the vote bots that pushed your favorite character?

It's not a sham if you like it. Stuff stuff stuff.
>>
File: Hah.png (96 KB, 305x321) Image search: [Google]
Hah.png
96 KB, 305x321
>>321236667
>When a real icon like Ridley would have gotten them mad dosh
>>
>>321236667
>There are STILL Ridleyfags

Holy shit, give it up already. Ridley is not a playable character and he never will be.
>>
>>321236254
No, this is all demonstrably true from the reveal trailer
>completely new
Mewtwo is a veteran, Bayonetta is a newcomer, and not cloned off of any existing character
>complex as fuck
This is somewhat subjective but Witch Time and many of her attacks and general playstyle are very complex
>is almost done
A great deal of her moveset was shown off and looked polished for the most part, all that's left at this point is likely tweaking and balancing
>>
Why the hell is Bayonetta getting any flack when there have been clones and shit picks since the begginning?
>>
>>321236808
>Implying Bayonetta didn't had her very own vote bots to aid her

Just because the others had them, doesn't mean that she didn't.
>>
Who do we think beat out Bayonetta?

>no way Konami lets nintendo have Snake
>I don't know about Wolf
>I don't know about King K. Rool, maybe issues with Rare or issues creating a compelling moveset?

I can't think of anyone else who would've beaten Bayonetta.
>>
>>321236808
^ this
>>
>>321237102

I think Banjo was gaining a lot of steam.
>>
>>321232769
>Bayonetta 2 couldn't even break a million in sales
>She's somehow the #1 choice for a character across the globe
>She wasn't even that popular of a character on most of the big fan surveys

Yeah, no. The ballot was just a hype-mongering tactic, Sakurai planned on making her way before the ballot.
>>
>>321236957
>No, this is all demonstrably true from the reveal trailer
>still 2 months before release
>she's done you guys! bugtesting and balancing doesn't take long at all!
>>
>>321237156
I don't know how well he would do in Europe, and Japan would naturally be no dice.
>>
>>321236649
Do you have a more concise way of saying "personally liked by Sakurai?"
If you do I would love to hear it so I can use it next time. The word "realizable" is concise but not precise. The phrase "personally liked by Sakurai" is the most concise way I could state the precise truth, so I used it. Choosing accurate words should come before anything else.
>>
>>321237263
>only people who bought Bayonetta 2 voted for her to be in Smash
>>
>>321236254
Right, they just did a model swap with Samus and called it a day.

>Releasing Feb. 2016
>Not almost done
Are you a fucking moron or something?
>>
>>321237008
Even so, the fact remains that votebots were used for Banjo and shit. At what point is it less wrong?

Even if Bayo did have vote bots, Sakurai is a diva himself so probably would have just as been picky even if she wasn't on top.
>>
>>321237397
>Voting for a character from a game you've never played

Surely not that many people could have voted with their cocks
>>
>>321235254
Whether or not Rool got more votes than Bayo, Sakurai is damn well aware of the demand for Rool. DK is a household name and a tentpole Nintendo series thay is severely lacking in Smash fan service, and K Rool had a massive following that only got bigger after the ballot got announced. I'm glad Bayo is in but Corrin is just Sakurai sniffing his own farts.
>>
>>321232769

>still being this salty
>>
>>321236494
>Veteran, clone veteran, Clone veteran headswap, and an actual newcomer
vs
>two complex and unique newcomer

>>321237264
>This denial in order to protect lord sakurai's biases
Keep guzzling that cum, sakurai drone
>>
>>321237397
That's not what he said at all. He just implied that Bayonetta 2's sales would reflect her supposed ballot popularity, which I agree with.
>>
>>321237264
>she's done you guys! bugtesting and balancing doesn't take long at all!
You're missing the point. The point isn't that she's completely done or that balancing her is going to be easy, the point is that coming up with a moveset, making/getting/editing a model for her, animating it, making/getting/editing all the models/sprites/effects for her various visually complex attacks, programming them all into the game, and then polishing/bugfixing to the point where a trailer can be made takes a hell of a long time.
>>
>>321237646
Watch, in 4 months, you'll hear of a fan litigating against Sakurai for rigging the poll.
>>
File: acd.png (354 KB, 659x417) Image search: [Google]
acd.png
354 KB, 659x417
I will never understand the butthurt from FE having 6 reps
>>
>>321237773
Sales have nothing to do with popularity. Isaac is the 2nd most popular thread in the DLC section, but his games sold like ass.
>>
File: 1450441059664.png (249 KB, 1456x1572) Image search: [Google]
1450441059664.png
249 KB, 1456x1572
>>321232769
What do you think?
>>
>>321238065
That's different though, Isaac wasn't influenced the wrong way.
>>
>>321236680
>Realizable and negotiable

Literally means she was not the top voted and they had to go down the line until they found her. Negotiable implies they strictly looked at 3rd party, and realizable literally means fuck your votes.

>But she was 1st in Europe

And Europe is Nintendos smallest installment base compared to NA and Japan.
>>
>>321237847
it's been 2 months, even longer if they saw a clear winner and didn't wait until the poll finished
sakurai was able to come up with greninja's moveset over night
nobody has a clue on how long it actually takes to create a character vs how long it takes to bugtest and balance the character
>>
>>321232769
No.
>>
>>321238020
People wanted less represented franchises to get more characters, first.

Mario and Pokemon having that many characters is understandable, since they're both enormously popular. Fire Emblem has always been sort of niche, so it's odd that it has that many characters, too.

Corrin looks cool though, so I'm not that mad.
>>
>>321237675
>makes stupid assumptions and gets btfo
>s-stop sucking sakurai's dick you guys! my favorite character should've won the ballot!
>>
>>321238113
>Isaac wasn't influenced the wrong way.
What the hell does this even mean? If sales were proportional to Smash popularity, then Rildey would not be the most requested character
>>
>>321238306
Awakening selling millions had something to do with more reps
>>
>>321238020
Are you stupid? Fire Emblem has more characters than Zelda and Donkey Kong, 2 franchises whose individual games sell more than the entirety of the FE serieses sales combined, there's plenty of reasons to be annoyed. It's blatant shilling.
>>
Do you think they'll ever release the actual results? Or would they just make people even more mad?
>>
The question sounds stupid, but seriously, why are all you reptilefuckers so fucking autistic? Both Kroolfags and Ridleyfags are the most insufferable manchildren to ever haunt the Smash fanbase with their constant autistic tauntrums, and that says a LOT.
>>
>>321232769
I feel that ballot was mostly for Smash 5.

After all it's easier royalty-wise to add 3rd parties as DLC.
>>
>>321236697
>>321236697
This is as forward as it can be.
>>
>>321238467
Oh boy, a Fire Emblem game sold decently well after 20 years on a handheld that didn't have any games at the time! Bring on the anime swordsmen!
>>
>>321238020
>Niche weebshit series that is only not dead because Awakening saved it's sorry ass by appealing to virgins and waifufaggots by shoving a dating sim in the game
>Having the same amount of reps as fucking Pokemon
>Having more reps than the fucking Legend of fucking Zelda
>Having more reps than DK, Metroid, and Yoshi combined

There's nothing wrong with having 6 FE reps, there is something wrong with other more popular, long-standing, and iconic series getting ignored in favor of it.
>>
File: 1450490013666.png (963 KB, 1200x886) Image search: [Google]
1450490013666.png
963 KB, 1200x886
IT'S
NOT
FAIR
>>
>>321232769
Yes yes it was why would honestly think Nintendo wouldn't take the safe road yet again this day and age?
>>
>>321238358
>He thinks him screaming "NUH-UH, YOU'RE STUPID!" is BTFOing someone
Keep guzzling that cum, sakurai drone
>>
>>321232769
no, now quit bitching about it you flaming faggot
>>
File: addicted to memes.jpg (14 KB, 420x185) Image search: [Google]
addicted to memes.jpg
14 KB, 420x185
>>321232769
>Another swordsman from a game that's not even out yet

go figure
>>
File: Based.jpg (19 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Based.jpg
19 KB, 210x240
>>321238651
The answer is simple..nips love FE and nip wants come first in smash ..all the popular characters from those games you named are already in the game anyways
>>
>>321238405
I mean a vote for Isaac wasn't a vote with a penis. Bayonetta has nothing going for her but sex appeal.
>>
>>321238487
No, it would confirm Sakurai is a biased, lying scumbag
>>
This whole thing reminds of the Dota 2 contest that Valve hosted where players could vote for a hero to receive a new model. Every poll and website was certain that Zeus or Slardar would win, yet an entirely different hero won instead.

This is pretty much the same situation. People overestimate how much of an audience 4chan/reddit/gamefaqs represents. It's easily possible that Bayonetta actually did win the poll fair and square, and K. Rool, a character that hasn't been relevant for decades, turned out to be not as popular as you all thought.

And besides, Bayonetta's play style is ten times more interest than anything K. Rool could have brought to the table.
>>
>>321238885
>he thinks the other person is screaming
so this is power of autism
>>
>>321238975
Since when has popularity mattered in smash? We have Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Roy, Shulk, Lucas, half of the characters in this game are literally whos.
>>
>>321239016
That just further supports that Bayo was a popu;ar vote then.
>>
>>321239134
>It's easily possible that Bayonetta actually did win the poll fair and square, and K. Rool, a character that hasn't been relevant for decades, turned out to be not as popular as you all thought.
Bayonetta couldn't even sell a million copies, there's no way that she was the most popular character in the ballot.

I don't think k rool was the most popular either, but I would bet money that he got more attention than Bayo did.
>>
>>321239249
>A-a-autism!
Keep guzzling that cum, sakurai drone.
>>
>>321238467
A port of the Wii DKC game nearly matches Awakening in sales. There's nothing impressive about FE's sales.

Not to mention a franchise that's now doing well has even less reason to get promotional DLC. It'd make more sense for a new franchise like Codename STEAM to get in instead.
>>
For how long the ballot was up I'm surprised they only chose 1 character from it and not even the most requested one. I think they wanted bayonetta in at the beginning and waited until she reached a quota for them to begin development

Honestly if they would have announced that bayo,cloud and ryu were all going to be dlc in the beginning no one would be upset and have corrin be bundled with Roy so that way it's a veteran with a newcomer and just keep mewtwo and Lucas together then the DLC wouldn't be so shit in hindsight. They should have never cut Lucas,Wolf and Snake in the first place and brought Roy and mewtwo back like with what they did with Dr.Mario for the base game
>>
>>321233428
you do realize that regardless if it's bayonetta or not, that argument would apply to anyone right
>>
>>321239016
And the fact that Nintendo thinks Bayonetta is their baby now, and that they are so "tight" with Sega......but watch and see. As soon as the opportunity arises, sega will take Bayo away and betray Nintendo by putting it only on the other consoles.

>Snake in Smash led to MGSV being on all consoles except Nintendo

>Ryu in Smash didn't save Streetfighter from going PS4 exclusive.

>Megaman didn't even get his latest collection on consoles, while all the others did. Only recently are they getting a handheld port.

>Sonic hasn't been entirely loyal to Nintendo, and now some of the Nintendo exclusive games are heading to steam.

>But Cloud means FF7 on NX......maybe.......but theres just as strong of a chance of it not appearing.

Should have gone with 1st party....but then again Nintendo betrays even their own IPs. RIP Golden Sun, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101, F Zero, and the list goes on.
>>
>>321239407
>literally cannot stop posting about guzzling cum
you alright anon? off your meds again?
>>
>>321235936
Probably because the moveset is almost a complete copy of bayo 2. They probably asked platnium to give them model, materials, and animations.
>>
>>321239393

Bayonetta 1 sold over a million, and I'm still pretty sure she would be more popular since she's actually relevant when compared to K. Rool.
>>
You are a naive retard if you actually think they cared at all about that ballot.

It was only used to keep mild interest on the game and to keep word of mouth going about it.

They already had the characters picked out before even putting that ballot up, 100% guaranteed.

If it wasn't a huge lie, they would show the results.

Have they shown the results? Like the actual numbers?
>>
>>321239757
I'd believe you if bayonettas proportions actually matched her in the games or if she wasn't riddled with jaggies
>>
File: 1429747210128.jpg (142 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1429747210128.jpg
142 KB, 800x450
>>321239290
>literally whos.
>games sell millions
>>
>>321239792
I was referring to Bayonetta 2, which didnt sell very well.

All the SNES DKCs were multi-million sellers and if Retro were to bring back the Kremlings for DKC6, the game would probably sell more because of it just based on the novelty and nostalgia factor.
>>
>>321239792
I feel like most people were playing safe with their votes and didn't vote for characters they didn't think would make it in like Bayonetta or Cloud so they voted for actual Nintendo characters which is why people feel cheaper about bayonetta.

Splatoon sold over 1 million and is more recent and a Nintendo ip, so by that logic they should have had a character from that in.
>>
>>321234402
"realizable" probably fits more in line with:
>we are not putting in goku or superman
>>
>>321239034
>>321239868
>they can't make up the results if they wanted to
>>
File: 1436473120199.jpg (61 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1436473120199.jpg
61 KB, 400x600
>>321236697
Mii fighters were a mistake
>"Why would we put in characters that people actually wanted? Just make them a costume for Miis and call it a day."
>>
>>321239393
Smash 4 sold 2.5 million in NA, while it sold 800K copies in europe..... Between these two regions, NA makes up 25% of the vote. If we are generous and say that every person who bought the game got to vote once per IP, then that means for every vote Bayo got in Europe, the top 4 contenders got 3X the votes. Besides that, Bayonetta isn't even the actual top 5 for NA votes. She was in the top 5 among the "Realizable and negotiable fighters" meaning there were other fighters that got discarded in favor of her placing on the poll.

Theres no way you can do this math and tell me her winning was not a sham.
>>
>>321240531

Since when do you need to own Smash to vote in the poll?

Fuck, I voted for Bayonetta (as a joke vote) and I didn't even play the damn game.
>>
>>321239927
DK has outsold every series I mentioned 50 times over
>>
>>321240531
Realizable and and Negotiable means shit like Goku cant get in, stuff like Banjo couldnt get in due to the other side asking for too much or some other shit, and that Snake won but Konami is being dumb.
>>
>>321240726
You act like that helps your case because that opens up even more chances of people voting for even more various characters from other demographics like Sora, Solaire and Evil Cole
>>
>>321232769
the only people that think this are buttmad babies whose characters they voted for didn't get in

now they're throwing temper tantrums and wrenching conspiracy theories out their gaping worm-infested asses because they can't handle it.
>>
>>321240531
If say top 5 results were close in the US, why wouldn't Europe tip it in Bayo's favor if she was most voted over there?
>>
>>321238698
Its only missing Miss Colombia
>>
>>321240962
>Sora

No chance of winning.

>Solarie

Who?

>Evil Cole

Who?
>>
>>321241129
Those were joke examples like how you said you voted Bayonetta as a joke, the fact that you took that seriously and don't see the irony that the same could be said about bayonetta only makes it funnier
>>
Bayonetta in Smash?

Shit, I gotta pick that game up now.
>>
Yes it was a sham. Isaac should have gotten in.
>>
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/23/496/

>I personally felt that having too many Fire Emblem characters was a problem, but after talking it over with the development staff and discussing logistics, I felt certain that I could make them a fun character.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>321241329

Nah, I can guarantee you that joke votes mostly centered around the following:

- Goku
- Superman
- Bayonetta
- Spongebob
- Shrek
- Indie games

It's just that in Bayonetta's case, she was more "realizable" that we thought.
>>
>DLC sales is directly correlated with the popularity of the character
>Namco & Nintendo would literally lose money if she wasn't most voted among the negotiable ones
>people somehow think she got in because Nintendo wants to advertise her game which is no longer printed and is ~$90 on Ebay
>>
File: all I feel is rage.jpg (32 KB, 320x305) Image search: [Google]
all I feel is rage.jpg
32 KB, 320x305
>>321239663
>RIP Golden Sun

I love that franchise. Isaac deserved to be in Sm4sh.

>No more anime swordsmen
>cloud
>Corrine
Dammit Sakurai. I love your damn game but why do you keep doing this?
>>
>>321241707
She wasn't even the most realizable just top 5 and not even top 3 or they would have mentioned it
>>
>>321241071
>Believing Sakurai

Nice meme
>>
>>321238141
It means she wasn't 1 because 1 and 2 were probably stupid shit like Goku and Spongebob
>>
>>321241778
trying to reason with k rool retards is like trying to pull a nail out the wall by talking to it.
>>
>>321241964
"Realizable" when in context with Sakurai most likely means "characters he likes."
>>
>>321241931
>She wasn't even the most realizable just top 5 and not even top 3 or they would have mentioned it

She probably wasn't either. They used "realizable" for a reason, which basically means "no Goku, Shrek, or any character with too much red tape". For all we know Bayonetta's true place was 14th or whatever.
>>
>>321241964
I really hope you don't think that after all the shrek and Cory votes that bayonetta was the most voted especially after seeing the shit that was happening for Krystal and Shovel Knight
>>
>>321239016
Bayonetta was chosen most likely planned since the concept dlc came in to question because. They could grab her model to use quite easily plus she's basically the next best thing to having Dante in smash. She literally gives the game even more exposure as apposed to needing it. I bet kamiya would've refused and maybe even demanded for Wonder Red to be used instead but the poll just shuts him up from complaining because the "fans" ask for her. It would explain why he was in different about her inclusion and would explain just about done
>>
>>321241964
Even if she wasn't number 1, I guarantee she was way behind other actual 1st party Nintendo characters, like Wolf or Young Link or a popular pokemon or something.
>>
>>321242347
thank god sakurai ignored those shit taste morons who want more clones back in the game.
>>
File: 803813510_1387883.gif (112 KB, 210x233) Image search: [Google]
803813510_1387883.gif
112 KB, 210x233
>All these people forgetting the best part about their votes not getting in
They get their own cool trailer in Smash 5 and not just a lazy gameplay video
>>
>>321242134
It could also mean "We could make a moveset based on the source material, because I don't wanna feed speculation I can reboot something just from filing in the gaps like Pit on Brawl again"
>>
File: 1444432553775.png (350 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1444432553775.png
350 KB, 480x480
>>321238112
>implying we dont have a Smash 5 to look forward to

Surprisingly, Im actually looking forward to Corrin more than Bayonetta. I have nothing against her, but I want to play as a fucking DRAGON
>>
>>321243663
>Charizard
>>
Krystal is perfect
>>
>>321243820
>Good luck necklace
More like spaghetti toppings
>>
File: btfo.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
22 KB, 817x833
WHY DO I KEEP GETTING BTFO SO HARD EVERY SINGLE DAY?????

ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>321237535
Aside from Tropical Freeze, the DK series is dead. The Kremlings haven't been in a mainline game since the 64 version. Corrin is just an advertisement, nothing but that. Bayonetta was the ballot winner and that sounds like a much more appealing character than a crocodile that shoots cannonballs.
>>
>>321244032
By this point, it's just a Krool joke, isn't it?
>>
>>321244094
>that sounds like a much more appealing character than a crocodile that shoots cannonballs.
>Bayonetta is just le witch with guns on her shoes.

I can trivialize a character's appeal, too.
>>
>>321244902
Here's the difference, all that you see about Bayonetta and what works/doesn't work for her character is seen as earlier as the first game.

K.Rool's been through more changes than Madonna every game he's been in except for spin-offs.
>>
>>321244094
Bayo was not the ballot winner. Everyone knows that she wasn't even that close to the top.
>>
>>321245924
Well, now it's spilled milk at this point. So stop crying like a little bitch.
>>
File: 1450645976349[1].jpg (24 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
1450645976349[1].jpg
24 KB, 500x343
>go to an expensive restaurant
>have a luxurious meal
>they give me a nice variety of dishes to choose from
>there are enough dishes to represent each food group and everyone's tastes and they're balanced well
>10/10 restaurant
>go to another expensive restaurant called "Smash Bros"
>I get stopped at the door by a waiter
>the waiter is Sakurai
>he says "sorry, only realizable guests are allowed in the restaurant"
>I reply with "what? How am I not a realizable guest? I'm just like any other guest."
>Sakurai suddenly gets mad
>"DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO HANDLE THE RESTAURANT'S MAN HOURS"
>exit the restaurant and don't leave a tip
>Sakurai tells me to come again because it's a good value anyway
>0/10 restaurant would not visit again
>>
>>321236210
go homu Sakurai.
>>
File: 1450335613443.jpg (72 KB, 630x374) Image search: [Google]
1450335613443.jpg
72 KB, 630x374
>>321232769
It was a suggestion box. Think what you want. I think Derpinetta was bullshited all the way through using Europe shit taste as scapegoat
>>
>>321232769
They were too lazy to implement the actual winners so they said they were "not realizable".
>>
>"But what about the runner ups?!"

Nigga, that's what the mii costumes are. You're looking at all the popular votes that Sakurai looked at and went "lol no, too gay."
>>
File: Bayonetta-2-white-dress.jpg (72 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta-2-white-dress.jpg
72 KB, 620x349
>>321246214
>go to a fancy restaurant
>turn up in my K.Rool cosplay outfit
>the waiter is Sakurai
>he says "Sorry sir, only guests with proper attire allowed in the restaurant, we have a dress code here you see."
>I reply with "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I WAS A VILLAIN IN A POPULAR GAME 20 YEARS AGO. 4CHAN AND REDDIT CAN VOUCH FOR MY POPULARITY."
>meanwhile a tall lady wearing glasses walks past me and slaps Sakurai's ass on her way in
>I decide to go jump off a bridge because not even Retro wants me, but not before posting a bad review on Yelp
>>
>>321232769
It seems weird that Japan was never mentioned in regards to Bayonetta winning the Ballot. He said she was Number One in Europe and Top 5 in NA, but what about Japan?
>>
>>321249629
>I decide to go jump off a bridge because not even Retro wants me, but not before posting a bad review on Yelp

This won me over.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.