[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow, i'm impressed, it's like i'm playing a real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
wow, i'm impressed, it's like i'm playing a real rpg, not some real time thing,not open world shit,not extremely weeb like those dumb tales game, just turn based goodness with charming characters and beatiful location
>>
And then OP reached chapter 5.
>>
>>321231242

is it really that bad? i avoided the game for so long because i heard everyone talking about THE DREADED CHAPTER 5

i'm not sure what the game could do to make me pull off a complete 180 on it
>>
>>321231763
Personally I feel conflicted about it. I found it was worth playing through it all though. I liked getting to know more about all the boss characters I'd fought before.
Real neat experience.
>>
>>321231763
It wasn't even that bad, this board just gets pissy over everything.
>>
>>321231098
How far are you? It has really budget design so it starts to repeat itself before chapter 4.

The game is honestly unimpressive, what the fuck have you been playing lately? It has so many shortcomings but holds up at the beginning. Its honestly a 6/10 game.
>>
>>321232608
This
Give a place the ability to harbor hundreds of different opinions and you'll get some people who hate stuff like this but feel the need to vocalize it for some stupid reason
>>
I got my copy used, is D's journal supposed to be filled out or does that just carry across save files?
>>
>>321233412
It fills itself out automatically as you progress through the game IIRC.
>>
>>321231098
You had me until turn based
>>
>final chapter is just rehash
>2nd game rehashes most bosses and the world
And I will still get it.
>>
>>321233324
Most people were dissatisfied with the game though. It was highly priased because the 3DS hardly has any RPGs or good games in general.

BD also has the same production of 4 heroes of light, which was largely ignored.
>>
File: ahXp4ix.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ahXp4ix.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Honestly I liked this game a lot, and I'm pretty hype for BD2. I thought it was pretty cool when the game starts looping but overall sorta disappointed that nothing really changed beyond some dialogue.
They really could have done that whole thing a lot better but I enjoyed the game besides that
>>
>>321233129

in the middle of chapter 2

just done with the whole bravo bikini segment, it was fucking hilarious, it really reminded me of that bit from FF7 with cloud crossdressing, i was all like "WHEN IS THE GAME GOING TO ASK ME TO MAKE SQUATS???"
>>
>>321233658
I played that game for a while. I'm sad that I couldn't get in to it as well as I could with most games.
>>
File: ffs.png (40 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
ffs.png
40 KB, 320x263
>>321233129

>The game is honestly unimpressive
>>
>>321233484
Yeah, which is why I'm concerned: I'm only at Chapter 2 and it's completely filled in. I guess they made it cross files, but WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
>>
>>321233756
I'm glad you're enjoying it anon, please leave the thread now, there will be spoilers, and they will ruin your enjoyment, this game has some surprises for you, so i hope you will enjoy/hate them without knowing them.
>>
File: DSC_0030.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0030.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>321233756
It starts with the same formula for every town, exposition dumps, 2 optional job quests, and the same run down dungeons that are poorly laid out with the same looping music.

I really hate how many events and story was handled, it felt so half assed.

The looping is just the top of the shit sundae. Old pic, but yeah.

Took me about 8 months to finish it because of how boring it was. I got levels 38 to 92 in like 2 days though. The best part of the game is the jobs, everything else is mediocre or sucks. It started to wear you down.

>>321233916
I regret getting it completely solely on the hype generated.
>>
>>321234217
>Internet Explorer
opinion discarded
>>
>>321233627
>Bravely Second is TAY.
God damn it.
>>
>>321234346
Its edge, its the most optimized thing for a surface. Stop being fucking stupid.

The game is a mess, i mean we can break down what is wrong with it.
>>
>>321234510
I feel your pain, anon.
Trying to explain why RPGs like BD or Golden Sun are bad is a nightmare, as their fans often have low standards. BD has merits, but it's too repetitive (even in the parts where it's not trying to be) and shallow for its own good.
>>
>>321234510
>surface
>buying games on hype
Wow. Opinion disregarded
>>
>>321231098
I thought the game has it's ups and downs.
But solid oridinariness for a turn based RPG. The story alone is enough for me to be motivated to play the next game.
>>
>>321231098
>play Bravely Default
>pretty invested in the story, characters and overworld
>reach chapter 5
>boss battles suddenly spike in difficulty
>invest hours trying out different strategies just to beat certain boss battles
>>
>>321234198

4chan has already spoiled me like 3-4 times already

if anything knowing makes some of the dialogue more amusing
>>
>>321234217

charge your 3ds

even if you think it was overhyped, i'm just so glad that i'm playing a game with pre-rendered background and turns and music by a decent artist and all the things i used to like in rpg that people just don't give a fuck about anymore!
>>
>>321231763
It's tedious and poorly paced.
I do like that the game expects you to be max level by then, and throws bosses with ridiculous abilities at you and it's your job to find a combination of jobs/skills that work.

>>321234178
What part is filled out? D's journal has two variations, one that's filled out when you first get it (with about 130~ or so pages IIRC) and one that's added onto as you progress.
>>
>>321235014
>using unrelated things to discredit opinions
I dont know why I bother, fanboys are awful.

>>321234889
I agree in the repetition. The writing was all over the place too, with someone dying, you getting a monologue, and annoying shits like Egel.

Even the combat becomes super trivial once you unlock chapter 4 jobs. Funny still, they made the first jobs so underpowered, they are useless save white mage which is still beaten out. All the later jobs are just better versions of everything from the beginning.

The street pass system is horribly implemented, the sp potions thing is bullshit, and the censorship makes a lot of the outfits look awkward. They also completely removed some outfits, like the dark knight female or the bunny suit.

Its clear the game had issues when they released it twice in Japan to fix it.
>>
>>321235314
>>321235314
>>321235314
Play falcom games if you want old school rpgs.
>>
>>321235101
>Struggling on chapter 5 boss battles
>Not having figured out a good generic strategy by the end of 4 that lets you steamroll them

Then again, I was in the low 90's by that point. But seriously, you just got your fifth passive slot, you should be able to lay waste to everything that you have fought before, even with the power boost. Remember when you only had one?
>>
>>321235432
I don't disagree with you on most of your points but for me at least the intense combat experience was enough to get me to love the game.
>>
>make Ringabel a Dark Knight
>don't even realize the irony until after I finish the game
I just like the class, I swear.
>>
>>321235520

i tried trails in the sky once and it was awful despite all the praise it gets

i'm not getting tricked again
>>
File: Aaaaaaaa.gif (19 KB, 525x345) Image search: [Google]
Aaaaaaaa.gif
19 KB, 525x345
>>321235946
not making everyone a Dark Night and getting really confused as to what is even happening anymore at cutscenes
>>
File: Sub_8-18[1].jpg (199 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
Sub_8-18[1].jpg
199 KB, 600x385
>>321235854
It was more the fact that the white mage lady and the monk guy suddenly spiked up to 10 times their level with no warning, and it caught you off guard.

Some of the other fights in the game were the most intense battle experience in any turn based game ever, like the vampire guy, the potions master and of course pic related.
>>
>>321231763
If you enjoy the gameplay you'll have no complains.
>>
>>321235951
Then you have poor taste in older rpgs.
>>
File: airy.png (1 MB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
airy.png
1 MB, 1000x1200
This game is conflicting and was honestly just a frustrating waste of potential.

>Game starts strong and manages to be engaging despite cliches
>addictive and fun job system

>not enough music variety
>Lore with the Vampire and Sage starts to get way to wordy and hella dumb
>repeated boss battles and other BS
>muh crystals

The story just falls short and the gameplay just drags on in a really obnoxious way
>>
>>321231994
>I liked getting to know more about all the boss characters I'd fought before.

I felt disgusted by it.
Oh yay I get to go see them in alternate realities where they are really the exact same character so this gives the author a chance to flesh them out a bit, woo. Oh cool, the girl who killed children in the original timeline is having a tea party with the girl who has plot cancer. How cute. MOE~

Fucking Japan.
>>
>>321235946
You didn't realise? Did you not read his diary? They couldn't spell it out any clearer.
>>
>>321236828
I absolutely knew that Ringabel was Alternis. I just gave him the class because I like the look/playstyle. For some reason I never compared the two.
>>
>>321235432
The SP drinks are pretty much a non-issue. I've had to use bravely second maybe twice ever, and that was from my own fuck ups.
>>
>>321236663
I feel that it would have been better if they hadn't been alternate reality versions of themselves.
>>
>>321235383

>I do like that the game expects you to be max level by then

how the fuck could you possibly be max level by chapter 5?
>>
>>321235383
>I do like that the game expects you to be max level by then

wait for real?

I'm like level 58 on everyone.

Alternis dropped like a bitch, so I figured I'm not underlevelled.

Am I fucked?
>>
>>321238034

when you guys say alternate reality version do you mean like more evil version or less evil version? if they are different version why do you still end up fighting them?
>>
>>321238684
you're good, that dude's insane
>>
>>321238684
The only thing you NEED to be max level for is the secret boss.
The red merchant and his fox friend.
>>
>>321236182

Good God, that fight. I still have nightmares. I finally broke down there and used stillness, just to end the madness.
>>
>>321238836
Because it takes place in an alternate reality. Has nothing to do with how good/evil they are
>>
>>321235854
>>Struggling on chapter 5 boss battles

>Then again, I was in the low 90's by that point.

How the fuck? I was low 70s at the final boss.
>>
What carries over in NG+?
>>
>>321239478
It's been a while but I think you get to pick and choose, whether it's just your inventory/money, your job levels, and/or your character levels
>>
>>321231763

I feel that chapter 5 wouldnt have been so bad if they cut out one chapter and scaled the bosses on a steeper increasing difficulty curve. Those team bosses would have been more fun if i wasnt specced up the wazoo
>>
>>321239478
Your moms dick.
>>
>>321239808
So how's middle school treating you?
>>
>>321239893
Better than your mom's boyfriend treats you
>>
>>321239798
Yeah you get to pick and choose all those options
Also things like Genome abilities and Norende Village's population and it's growth
>>
>>321239159

yeah but it means, in your first encounter for example you beat up the summoner girl because she kidnaps evil little girl

how does it play in the alternate version?
>>
>>321235946

>kingabel a dual wielding guant axe dark knight with max patk and fairy aid spamming 2 rages a turn on pdef down and dark weakness enemies with dual shield tiz spamming full cover and rampart, agnes buffing and healing, and edea being the bp recovery engine.
i hear that its possible to spam out 3 rages a turn. How the fuck? I need to heal between rages, how does this work?
>>
>>321240803
>i hear that its possible to spam out 3 rages a turn. How the fuck? I need to heal between rages, how does this work?
I have Low Leverage running, which makes Ringabel only lose half of his health with a single Rage. I would guess you need to Rage > Rage > X-Potion/some other healing item/spell > Rage.
I also have Edea on My Hero duty, spamming My Hero > Mimic > Mimic > Mimic every turn.
>>
>>321236551
This.

When I was going through the first chapters I remember being hyped for whenever Bravely Second was coming, but after finishing the game, I don't care about Bravely Second anymore.
>>
File: 1448461265221.jpg (18 KB, 297x545) Image search: [Google]
1448461265221.jpg
18 KB, 297x545
>>321233658
>the 3DS hardly has any RPGs
If anything, the 3DS has the second largest amount of Japanese RPGs of any platform this gen, topped only by Vita.
>>
>>321244080
Doesnt even feel like the Vita has more if you take away the PS2 and PS3 ports.

3DS is pretty much jrpgs only. There used to be more action games earlier on but now its all just that.
>>
>>321240648
Not that anon, but from what I remember, most of the time you just fight for a stupid reason, they could be good guys in that reality, but you still fight them.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.