[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game gives you a bike >Shortly thereafter, Paula joins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: earthbound_box-f.jpg (109 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
earthbound_box-f.jpg
109 KB, 629x500
>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

99% linear with no side quests
No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
Alternate party members
Alternate endings
Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.
>>
You just discovered Earthbound is a shit game

Congrats
>>
at least it's kinda challenging
>>
File: bait.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>
It's always funny to see so many nostalgia blind people think Earthbound is better than Undertale. Undertale perfects the formula in every way possible.
>>
>>321229191
there isn't even anything on the hook
>>
>>321229302
Oh, there's the bait
>>
File: Undyne bait.gif (328 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
Undyne bait.gif
328 KB, 1000x773
>>321229302
>>
Undertale's better. Go play that.
>>
Mother 3 is better
>>
Why the copypasta? You had me until the copypasta.
>>
As an experience, Earthbound is quaint and has enough character and quirks to make it unique and memorable.

As a game, it's cookie-cutter with very few innovations (though the innovations it had were good), repetitive, and unforgiving difficulty spikes.

Both its positive points and negative points illustrate that the game was made by a writer who had never created a video game before.
>>
File: tfw no gf.gif (1 KB, 44x74) Image search: [Google]
tfw no gf.gif
1 KB, 44x74
Look at Ness's face when he rides that bike. He's never that happy with Paula around.
>>
>>321228717
>Playing Earthbound
>When Undertale is not only a perfect version of Earthbound, but a perfect game
>>
File: ness and lucas.jpg (457 KB, 849x769) Image search: [Google]
ness and lucas.jpg
457 KB, 849x769
>>321230039
It's because he's really gay for Lucas.
>>
>>321228717
this pasta is so stale. eugh
>>
>>321228717
Why does /v/ like repeating things so much?
>>
File: Kraken.gif (4 KB, 254x126) Image search: [Google]
Kraken.gif
4 KB, 254x126
>>321228717
I don't care if this is bait/pasta, I know a ton of people agree with this sentiment
Earthbound is an interactive experience carried by the admittedly simplistic gameplay.
I played it and it was horribly tedious, but it was suffused with unique moments and the system of fighting enemies, navigating environments, etc. is necessary for the player to feel immersed in the game's world.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.