[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the Beatles of video games? Rock Band not withstanding,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
What is the Beatles of video games?

Rock Band not withstanding, we streaming now
>>
It's not my favorite game but it might be Half-Life.
>>
>>321227624
Half-Life, an overrated game loved by pretentious plebs.
>>
>>321228489
here's a (You)
>>
>>321228709
So which bit of reality got you buttblasted? Is it your shit taste in vidya or music?

>here's a (You)
If the implication is that all he wanted was repliea to his bait, how the fuck is giving him what he wants in any way a disservice to him or a smart thing to do in any way?

Ur a retard pretty much thbqh dawg
>>
>>321228489
This

Works both ways, some people can appreciate the innovations they brought to their mediums and others are contrarian faggots like you that believe that are 'overrated' simply because of their popularity while overlooking the technical innovations they brought to their mediums.
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>321227624
GTA, overrated series that everyone tries to copy
>>
>>321230305
>Beatles
>innovating anything other than pumping billions into research of marketing an image
>>
>>321230518
Clearly you don't know shit about what the beatles did for music and recording. Literally just a case of hating something popular.

Same to you faggot, look this shit up. I'm not going to spoonfeed you >>321230836
>>
>>321230305
No, I just think the beatles sound like shit compared to The Doors, and Credence Clearwater.

Of course they where a big fucking deal, and I respect them more than most classic rock/pop bands, but a good chunk of their music sounds like shit to me.

Also, John Lennon was a fucking antagonizing douchebag. Imagine, marrying an asian just to make a statement, and also walking like a fag are but a few reasons why he got shot.
>>
File: 1445901575454.jpg (16 KB, 393x315) Image search: [Google]
1445901575454.jpg
16 KB, 393x315
>>321230941
>>
>>321230941
You're the one that doesn't know shit.
>>
>all these faggots who have never listened to all the Beatles albums posting opinions
>>
>>321231327
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>321230968
I didn't say anything about whether the beatles were shit or not, I am just saying that they literally revolutionised the way music is recorded, produced and advertised as well as redefining genres. By the by, half-life isn't my cup of tea but a lot of things that it did make modern video games what they are today, same with the beatles and recording techniques and music videos etc

>>321231110
>>321231114

Ok, clearly you two are trolling or literally have no idea about what you're talking about. If you know nothing about the history of music maybe you shouldn't be talking about it
>>
File: 1347041533206.jpg (100 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
1347041533206.jpg
100 KB, 500x715
Skyrim
Everyone and their mother says it's perfect and amazing, but then this one part of the internet you frequent tells you it's terrible and dogshit and you should hate it, so you do.
But then secretly you enjoy it and don't tell any of the people on that website you frequent because you're not supposed to like it
>>
>>321231472
>>321230518
literal retard
>>
>>321231480
Clearly you're the one pretending like he knows anything without showcasing any knowledge to back it up. Go take your empty words elsewhere lil nigga.
>>
>>321228489
You mean Half Life 2.
>>
Zelda
>>
>>321231528
No
Terrible analogy
>>
>>321231569
Says the retard that fell for 10 year old copypasta.
>>
>>321227624
Don't even try that comparison. For that, video games would need a talent like Freddie Mercury.
>>
>>321231789
Just pointed out that some spastic posted the exact same thing twice

>>321231647
>nigga
Ok.
>>
>>321227624
Earthbound.
>>
>>321228489
TF2 was the Yoko Ono.
>>
>>321231647
>>>google
>being an actual retard
>>
Any valve title really. People will rave about how they revolutionised everything despite them just riding on previously established ideas into success through an expertly built public image. They may not be underground, but they're not exactly the pinnacle of mainstream either, and the games are still of quite good quality. This in turn results in clueless idiots who want to seem sophisticated latching on (Queen, Pink Floyd, le born in wrong generashun)
>>
Thought a majority of these posts were going to day beatles rock band :/
>>
>>321230518
>people falling for this

Oh /v/, you're all so new
>>
>>321227624
There's an Abbey Road poster on the wall right in front of me.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.