[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people still playing Diablo 3? Did it get better after launch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: wallpaper025-1920x1200.jpg (677 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper025-1920x1200.jpg
677 KB, 1920x1200
Are people still playing Diablo 3? Did it get better after launch?

Diablo general I suppose
>>
Every new season a shitload of people play then the game is a ghost town a month later. Pretty good for a month.
>>
File: 1450047406705.jpg (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450047406705.jpg
34 KB, 640x640
>>321227569
I just got it a few weeks ago. Why's it so fucking braindead easy? I have a level 42 monk and a 55 witch doctor so far and nothing has come close to killing me more than once or twice. Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 never babied me this hard.
>>
>>321228753
What difficulty do you play on? I just play on Torment 1 while levelling, and even then I only die on bosses with OP power combinations
>>
>>321227928
New season in january right?
>>
>>321228753
There is literally no reason for anything under Torment 1 to exist.
>>
>>321228753
>level 42 monk and a 55 witch doctor
You're not even playing on any difficulty level that's remotely close to challenging. Level 70 Torment is where the real game begins.

The earlier levels are actually good for figuring out which playstyle you like best, but that's it.
>>
>>321227569
As for your questions, yes, the game is so much better than it was at launch it's tough to list all of the improvements they made. I would be playing it now if it weren't for Far Cry 4 on sale. It's pretty much D2 but better and more streamlined in every way, and there are more improvements coming up in patch 2.4 soon.
>>
The core game still revolves around building a set instead of a character, so it'll always be fucked
>>
>>321229031
ugh why do people keep making games that don't "really start" until the end? it's fucking dumb
>>
>>321229520
yeah, sorta. but they've added quite a bit to that whole dilemma. we'll see. why can't anybody just copy or improve upon diablo 2's perfect item system, why is that so hard?
>>
>>321228753
Like all of Blizzard's modern games, D3 appeals to the lowest common denominator. The game is not hard on any torment difficulty and there is no depth, and legendarily drop like candy.

Play Grim Dawn or PoE instead.

inb4buttpained Blizzard defense force
>>
>>321228879
>not playing on hardcore
D3 is easy as fuck and even has talents that keep you from dying even if you actually die. There no reason to not play it on hardcore.

Blizzdrones, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: majesticguardian.jpg (28 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
majesticguardian.jpg
28 KB, 480x600
>>321229014
>>321229031
>>321228879
I believe I'm playing on expert which is the highest available difficulty. Guess I'll finish grinding my WD to 60. If I start a game on Torment, can my friend join if he doesn't have a level 60?
>>
>>321229896
at this point I feel like pushing Grifts is a more challenging end game than any other game is offering.

I'm not too familiar with Grim Dawn tho. I'm mostly interested in the online component and from what I remember reading, Grim Dawn doesn't have much to offer in that category like PoE's races and leagues or Diablo 3's seasons and leaderboards or heck Diablo 2's ladder even.
>>
>>321230431
Grifts are a joke compared to high tier maps in PoE.

Grifts aren't even hard. You speed clear them as time trials.
>>
No point in paying for wow when PoE exists. Just learn how gem linking and making a build works and you're golden.
>>
>>321230771
Yes you have 15 minutes and as of today, nobody has even come close to clearing a level 100 Grift this season. I think the only time anyone has gotten that far was through exploits that got patched out.

There's actually a reason to push to the higher Grift levels in D3 to climb the Grift leaderboards but there's no reason to do harder map content in PoE. You can reap the rewards of high quantity and get just as much EXP doing much easier map mods. The fastest guy to 100 in PoE just ran dried like forever.

D3's end game is, dare I say it, kinda exciting. PoE's is a very stale grind. Maybe if they incorporated their race mechanics into end game? I dunno all I know is Grifts are more challenging at this point and actually worthwhile. There's no real reason to do the hardest content in PoE.
>>
>>321231306
D3 fanboys are hilarious. I've put over a hundred hours into both D3 and PoE. Both of their endgames are the same shit: you farm gear for bigger numbers to farm more gear.

The difference is that in D3 you don't have to think while doing it. Blizzard stripped any depth from the game and since life on hot is so prevalent you can run around and face tank everything. In PoE meanwhile you have to make sure your gear has the correct amount and color of slots on it in addition to maxing out your elemental resistances. This requires understanding how gems work, and vendor recipes. Then in order to get the most out of your maps you need to understand how map crafting works. Then before you go into the map, you need to know what boss is in the map, and whether you need to change your gear to accommodate any affixes on the map. Then when you're in the map, you actually need to pay attention to affixes on elite mobs, since some can easily kill you depending on your build, unlike D3 where you can facetank everything while spamming your attack without dying even if the mob has damage reflect.

All of that in comparison to D3 where you open a rift, run through it while facetanking everything, then leave.

Now, I understand that some people like the simplicity of a game like D3 over a game that requires you to be knowledgable about the game systems like PoE, but that's why I find PoE to be the better game. It's a textbook comparison of casual vs hardcore.
>>
>>321231306
It isn't fun. It's just looking for the right tileset with good density and then hitting a giant hp sponge for 5 minutes.
>>
>>321232156
>D3 fanboys are hilarious. I've put over a hundred hours into both D3 and PoE. Both of their endgames are the same shit: you farm gear for bigger numbers to farm more gear.
You didn't address any points I made. You just quoted my post then went straight into your own rant.

>This requires understanding how gems work
They aren't complicated at all. A gem is a skill. You put it into your gear sockets and use supports to modify

>Then in order to get the most out of your maps you need to understand how map crafting works.
It requires nothing more than a basic understanding of the currency system and looking up what the map mods do.

>Then before you go into the map, you need to know what boss is in the map, and whether you need to change your gear to accommodate any affixes on the map.
This happens all the time in D3 Grifts

>Then when you're in the map, you actually need to pay attention to affixes on elite mobs, since some can easily kill you depending on your build, unlike D3 where you can facetank everything while spamming your attack without dying even if the mob has damage reflect.
In D3 Grifts, when you actually get to a high level, you need to know what affixes to avoid, what can kill you, what mobs to skip, etc. PoE completely nerfed the reflect mechanic now it's only one mob, it no longer has an aura and doesn't even spawn that much. You can't facetank in D3 anymore than you can in PoE.

>All of that in comparison to D3 where you open a rift, run through it while facetanking everything, then leave.
Yeah, that's why you push a higher Grift level, retard. You're obviously not doing that, nobody has ever reached Grift 100 yet. You watch a top player play PoE and they're literally just mass clearing everything mindlessly over and over again while being handed maps
>>
>>321230176
I'm not sure about the coop thing but... you mean level 70, right? you did get Reaper of Souls, yes?

Because everything I said about the game being good was in reference to the expansion.
>>
>>321232213
And PoE is fun because the top players just get handed everything then spam every map with vaal spark while being fed items?

Both games are fun if you don't play them like a retard but I'm arguing D3 offers a better challenge system at this point. Grifts are more satisfying to push.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154 KB, 1280x720
>>321233386
>>
>>321232156
I will agree with you that Diablo 3 is vary casual friendly. To me personally, that is the main draw. I don't have the time to put into games like usual, so it's nice to be able to only play for an hour here and there and still get some nice drops. It's also easier to get a character that's viable endgame in terms of getting the items required. They give you tons of outlets for getting good items drops so it's just a matter of time and not like the insane grindfest that was D2.
>>
>>321233386
My entire post is a counter to your own post.

>a gem is a skill
Except I wasn't talking about just skill gems. See? You aren't even familiar with all the aspects of PoE and you're trying to criticize it.

>it requires nothing more than a knowledge of x
Which is still more then Diablo which requires knowledge of absolutely nothing.

>this happens all the time in D3 Grifts
Now you're just lying. This is hilarious. Are you trying to sell this game to /v/ or something, or are you just getting so flustered that now you're saying things that are 100% untrue? That happens literally never in Grifts because Grifts:

1. Have no affixes
2. The boss that spawns is random
3. You never need to change your gear in Diablo 3 because all you need to do is get a full set for your class and gem in your class's main stat.

>you need to know what affixes to avoid in D3 for Grifts
Not because they're deadly, but because certain affixes will slow your run down and the only reason to do Grifts is to place on the leaderboards for time, which also means that unless you're a Barbarian or Monk, you're not making the leaderboards.

>yeah, that's why you push a higher grift level, retard
Why would I push a Grift that takes too long to clear, retard? By your own admission, Grifts are what makes D3 fun because of the competitive aspect. In that case, you should be arguing that you want to stay at the Grift level that lets you get the fastest time on the leaderboard. There's no other reason to do Grifts because they don't even drop gear.
>>
>>321227569
Its alright now but its too little too late.
>>
File: baby.gif (2 MB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
baby.gif
2 MB, 200x174
>>321233386
>A gem is a skill
>>
>playing couch co-op with friend
>how bad could it be
Sweet mother of fuck
>>
The expansion was a great leap forward
2.0 was a great leap forward
The next expansion is going to be in development soon and will probably be a huge upgrade again

Still worse than d2 because there aren't true skill/stat builds, 2/10
>>
>>321234371
>Except I wasn't talking about just skill gems
Skill gems are all you have to put in your gear sockets

>Which is still more then Diablo which requires knowledge of absolutely nothing.
Both games at their core will require in depth knowledge of the game's underlying mechanics and some spreadsheet work to min/max. What you're describing is the absolute basic knowledge required to play PoE. You think that's more than Diablo 3? lol you're an idiot

>Now you're just lying. This is hilarious. Are you trying to sell this game to /v/ or something, or are you just getting so flustered that now you're saying things that are 100% untrue?
You need to change gear up to push higher Grifts for example an optimal legendary gem at grift 50 may not be optimal at grift 80

>Have no affixes
they're called rift guardians you could have been referring to any other number of boss packs in Diablo that have various affixes that definitely can be optimized by switching gear like for example if you keep getting slapped by poison damage maybe you will switch out your uber amulet for a maras.

>You never need to change your gear in Diablo 3 because all you need to do is get a full set for your class and gem in your class's main stat.
neither game offers very compelling gear variety but some of the top players on grifts right now use a combo of set and legendary items. no better than poe here which uses unique and rare items.

>Not because they're deadly, but because certain affixes will slow your run down
sometimes it is

>and the only reason to do Grifts is to place on the leaderboards for time
and the only reason to do maps is to place higher on the ladder in poe but at least I actually get rewarded for doing harder content unlike poe
>which also means that unless you're a Barbarian or Monk, you're not making the leaderboards.
there are two wizards in the top 20 right now but that has nothing to do with anything more than patch to patch balance decisions.
>>
>>321234541
that's what they're called in poe, skill gems.
>>
>>321235631
>skill gems are what you put in your gear sockets
And yet there are other gems which you use to influence your gear on sockets.

>hurrr you're an idiot
Good argument

>they're called rift guardians you could have been referring to any boss packs in D3
Except I'm referring to affixes on the instance itself, which is in PoE. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about because every time I mention something from PoE you either don't know what I'm talking about (gems) or incorrectly attribute to something you think sounds similar in D3 (map affixes)

>no better than Poe here which uses unique and rare items
Stay focused on the topic, please. I'm not talking about what types of items players equip. I'm talking about needing to keep multiple sets and switch out in accordance with the content you're doing. Something which doesn't happen in D3.

>sometimes it is
Sometimes is very vague.

>but at least I actually get rewarded
By what? Grifts give nothing other than a chance to upgrade your legendary gems. Maps give gear and can be manipulated with affixes to drop better gear.

Listen, it's clear that you only have a superficial understanding of PoE. If you like D3, that's fine with me.
>>
>>321227569
It's not as bad now, but it's still pretty shitty.

>no trading
No thanks. What are they thinking?
>>
>>321236671
Legendaries and set pieces drop like they were normal whites, don't need trading
>>
>>321236486
>And yet there are other gems which you use to influence your gear on sockets.
already mentioned modifying them with passive gems in my first post, retarded faggot.
wow u so speshul meanwhile d3 has better main skills and secondary modifiers plus three passives, cubed legendary powers, legendary gems and the infinite paragon system to further modify each and every build all while not being locked into jew orbs to change anything. you're the stupidest shit eater alive. kill yourself moron

>Good argument
you don't know how either games work so yes, it is. you think the basic game mechanics are what makes complexity, what you see on the surface. hurrr look guise you have to autistically click the + sign on the hundred gems on the right hand side of my screen see all le depth? faggot.

>Except I'm referring to affixes on the instance itself, which is in PoE
and you're a retard if you're running anything but the easiest map mods that give the maximum returns. it's not a good system at all. everybody skips the shit mods unless they can just faceroll everything

>'m talking about needing to keep multiple sets and switch out in accordance with the content you're doing. Something which doesn't happen in D3.
Only when you're in the middle of a Grift. The whole point is to figure out what works best BEFORE starting the Grift you damn moron. And D3's open ended skill system means you can actually switch sets out EASILY because you don;'t have to RMT regret orbs every time you need to swap sets.

>Grifts give nothing other than a chance to upgrade your legendary gems. Maps give gear and can be manipulated with affixes to drop better gear.
Running harder content rewards me by pushing another Grift level. Running harder content in PoE punishes you by slowing your efficiency to 100. The #1 guy just spam cleared dried lake forever in PoE.

>it's clear that you only have a superficial understanding of PoE
I've been part of PoE since 2011, eat shit retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 394x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 394x372
>>321237656
Passive gems are skill gems, and I already said I wasn't talking about those

Although I should correct myself, I've been referring to Orbs this entire time. Sorry, I'm a little inebriated.
>>
>>321237918
>Passive gems are skill gems, and I already said I wasn't talking about those
actually they're specifically support gems but I can't be arsed to give a shit
and what are you talking about? le epic socket color bias that nobody likes? le epic mandatory six linking that nobody likes?

>Sorry, I'm a little inbred
*fixed
>>
>>321237656
oh and also they added passive skills on uber amulets which can be one HUUUUUUUUUUGE efficiency boost to you're builds which both creates more build possibilities while also giving a compelling reason to run ubers, which are actually kinda fun.
>>
>>321227569
I tried playing it with my siblings and they got so bored we stopped.
>>
i played RoS after trying the trial of the vanilla game and it's a vast improvement. loot feels relevant and i'm getting legendaries and shit right off the bat.
>>
>/v/ suddenly hates deeblo 2
>>
No. And no. Someone post the image listing everything wrong with D3.
>>
>>321229896
yes and no. i feel like there is no real level between steamrolling everything and getting one shot by elites.
>>
>>321227569
Worse than launch. New difficulty system makes game feel meaningless. Endgame is just rifts and quests you have already done. Visuals are an even bigger clusterfuck than before. Auction house was removed, but nothing fills the social void to replace it. At least I used to be able to make real money off the damn game, now it's boring and has no reward to boot.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.