[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played any FF game,what's a good introduction to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: final fantasy.jpg (42 KB, 620x268) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy.jpg
42 KB, 620x268
Never played any FF game,what's a good introduction to the series?
>>
>>321227241
>Never played any FF game

You best keep it that way then.
>>
START WITH 7, 6, 9 AND TACTICS, THESE ARE THE BEST

4, 5 AND X ARE NEXT

THE REST ARE OPTIONAL BUT COULDNT BE THAT GOOD FOR YOU
>>
>>321227241
4 is solid
People think 6/7 are the best
9 has great characters
10 is pretty easy to get into and has a great battle system
12 has amazing exploration but bland main characters.
>>
File: FF1and2-DawnOfSouls-Boxart.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FF1and2-DawnOfSouls-Boxart.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
Not OP, but same problem. I'm thinking in playing pic related as a introduction to the series.

Good idea, or bad idea?
>>
>>321228917
pls respond.
>>
>>321227241
mystic quest on snes
>>
>>321227241
Start with 4 and work your way up.
>>
How hard is it to just play things in the order they were made?
>>
>>321229992
PSP version is supposed to be the best, but I played that version when it came out. Nothing wrong with it, but FF2 is kind of not that good...
>>
>>321228917

It's cool, but the PSP version has the most content and the PS1 version is supposedly the best in terms of difficulty balance.

FF2 is a bad game overall, but the PSP version is the definitive one.
>>
1 on the NES. The more you grow up the more you'll find wrong with most of the later ones. 1 is melodrama free and all the better for it. It's a man's game. (But only the origial version, mind you. The remakes are for girls.)
>>
>>321231124
>>321231396

I would get the PSP one, but I don't have the handheld itself to play and my PC is too toaster to run, which is why I opted for the GBA version.
>>
Final fantasy 13, 13-2, and lightning returns
>>
>>321231868
actually good games. not starting point though.
>>
>>321231712
GBA version has an updated translation which is the important part.
>>
>>321232224
Oh, nice. Well, then I will definitely start with the GBA. Thanks, guys.
>>
Either 6 or 7, but if you want to play the 7 remake then go with 6.
>>
>>321227241
>>
>>321227241
If you're older and like turn based games, 1-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.

If you're a kid with no attentionspan 10-2, 12 and anything afterwards+dirge of cerberus. You might also look into Kingdom hearts.
>>
>>321231493
>that feel when second guessing yourself while choosing who to attack so you didn't waste a turn attacking air

life was hard playing that game as a kid
>>
File: just fuck my shit up.jpg (95 KB, 583x258) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.jpg
95 KB, 583x258
>>321227241
Just emulate 1-12

Be warned for this piece of shit though. I couldn't even finish it.
>>
>>321234183
I think that if any game in the series deserve or actually truly needs a remake, it's 2. My god that game is a clusterfuck of bad design choices. The sad thing is, it HAS POTENTIAL out the ass but as usual SE squanders opportunity. Just as long as Nomura isn't allowed near it, it could come out great.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.