[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMOS and MOBAS are terrible games. You cannot prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: MMOBA.jpg (13 KB, 327x154) Image search: [Google]
MMOBA.jpg
13 KB, 327x154
MMOS and MOBAS are terrible games.

You cannot prove me wrong. 99% of MOBAS and MMO's that can run on family household PC's. These games have massive userbases simply because they are easily accessible to entire world and free to play, this has no bearing of the quality of the actual games themselves though.

I've played just about every MMO under the sun and most MOBAS. MMO's are basically gutted single player games with extremely below average bordering on total garbage story and character development which are pivoted on a static and repetitive gameplay mechanic and mindless grinding and fetch quests. Their only semi-decent redeeming quality is through itemization and customization which even then is usually locked behind a grind/paywall.

MOBAS essentially fall under the same umbrella too as you play the same map and game over and over again in hopes to receive an arbitrary rank which justifies the addiction to mindless grinding and stress. The social integration of these games are also extremely overrated as the community is filled with toxic people. I'd rather play the best IP's consoles have to offer this gen like Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Star Ocean, Rime, Final Fantasy XV than touch massive multiplayer trash ever again.

I'm so glad I grew out of the PC gaming meme after spending 10 years invested in it. What a total waste, missing out on last gens games for MMOBA garbage.
>>
>>321225310
>You cannot prove me wrong.
You don't like them, some people do like them
There, I just proved you wrong
/thread
>>
>>321225310
I don't like ASSFAGGOTS or very many MMO's but the concept of an MMO could produce some very desirable results. MMO's are not that easily accessible. The most popular one requires a sub and box fee. And MMO's require beastly CPU's and a decent video card to run well.

ASSFAGGOTS run on toasters and are made for casuals. I'm confident a good MMO will come along someday but there will never be a good ASSFAGGOTS game.
>>
>>321225310
Well you're a special snowflake, aren't you?
Why don't you sit down and tell me all about your day, Anon? I bet you have some VERY interesting things to share with us.
>>
>>321226218
What is an ASSFAGGOT game? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with /v/'s filters.
>>
>>321226584
Aeon (of)
Strife
Style
Fortress
Assault
Game
Going
On
Two
Sides

It's /v/'s replacement for the terrible term that is "moba"
>>
File: skinner%20box[1].jpg (150 KB, 584x337) Image search: [Google]
skinner%20box[1].jpg
150 KB, 584x337
>>321225310
the truth is

MMOs: skinner-boxes with gambling elements that aim to build addiction instead of providing satisfying gameplay

MOBAs: pretend to be competitive 'esports', while matchmaking is rigged to keep your win rate at 50%, only enjoyable with a premade team/friends, also use skinner-box and gambling elements to hook players

source: gamedesigner of many years
>>
>>321225310
If you haven't played a MMO or MOBA before than chances are you would enjoy it for at least a while. I still contend that Dota 2 or League are world's better than dudebro shit on consoles. . Both are very rehashed genres. Comparing WoW even today to your GOTY 2016 makes the GOTY look like shit.
>>
>>321225310
>These games have massive userbases
>community is filled with toxic people

What a shocking revelation!

Have you informed President Obama yet?
>>
>>321227056
>addiction and satisfying gameplay are mutually exclusive

you must have designed some terrible games m8
>>
>>321227229
>unironically using the word toxic
>>
File: 1359164869560.jpg (52 KB, 612x532) Image search: [Google]
1359164869560.jpg
52 KB, 612x532
>>321227056
>matchmaking that balances at your skill level so you have an even chance to win your game is now "rigged matchmaking"
What do you want it to be?
>>
>>321227056
Hahah "forced 50% matchmaking"

Why the fuck would they go through the trouble of doing that when it is much easier just to program an ELO/Trueskill/Whatever type of matchmaking? The more people that play the game, the more accurate a real matchmaking system is going to be, and it will naturally get closer to "forced 50%". Don't you think the devs would take the easier path?
>>
>>321225310
>it's popular therefore it's shit: the thread
>>
File: eternal.gif (1 MB, 189x202) Image search: [Google]
eternal.gif
1 MB, 189x202
What's the point of talking about League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, other ASSFAGOTS games or even other genres, when there won't ever be a remotely as good game as Dota 2. I don't understand why you people bother arguing or having discussions about any other game, there won't be a game as comparably good as Dota 2 for another 5-10 years.

I'll put my credibility on the line here, and say that Dota 2 is the best game of all time. By "best game of all time", I refer to artistic and technical production, and gameplay design iteration (since Dota is arguably one of the most iterated upon computer game).

From a technological rendering standpoint, it's visuals may not be king, but the art assets, overall art direction, and particle effects are the best that I have ever seen. The most excellently, tastefully produced art that I have ever seen in a game.

The voice cast is the best I have ever heard, Dota 2 has Duke Nukem (Jon St. John), Cortana (Jen Taylor), Nathan Drake (Nolan North), the entire L4D cast, the entire Half-Life 2 cast, the entire Team Fortress 2 cast, and GlaDOS from Portal.

Let's actually get down to the gameplay. No two games I have ever played have felt similar to the point of feeling rote. Each and every hero in Dota 2 is distinctly different from another, offering a uniquely encapsulated experience with well-defined goals for every single playable character in Dota. Because every hero feels so profoundly unique, every game that I play of Dota 2 feels fundamentally different in a way that League of Legends is not able to reproduce.

I could go on, and on, but at this point I might as well just make a video essay. Also, I have some Dota to play. Dota 2 is seriously a game I could play ad-inifnitum, and never get tired of. Why bother with any other game?

Why speculate about other games in the genre, and other genres, when the best game ever made is already here?
>>
>>321225310
>REEEEEEEE STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE REEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES
>>
>>321227553
No don't you see! When you get on a win streak, the game puts you in an unwinnable game to force you back to 50% win rate. This is completely different than going on a win streak and the game putting you into a slightly harder game, to see if you just go lucky or you actually improved.

The difference is you can't blame someone else for your performance. Gee, I wonder why "forced 50%" theory is so popular.
>>
>>321225310
maybe you are just a single player gamer like me. no reason to throw out a pc.
>>
>>321225310
You a completely correct about MOBAs and MMOs being shit.
Why did you have to make it yet another stupid console v pc bait thread you fucking impossible faggot?
>>
>>321227658
to keep noobshitter in the game, or they'd lose most of time and just quit, other metrics are used too, everyone uses some form of ELO
if you lose you will be placed on a better team that is supposed to win instead of just dumping you into a pool of other bad players, if you win a lot - you will be placed on a team full of worse players
>>
>>321227946
Here is your (You)
>>
>>321225310
>I'm so glad I grew out of the PC gaming meme

here's your (You)
>>
>>321228943
but if you put all the really bad people against each other, they are going to win 50% of the time anyway.
>>
Fully agreed, MMOBA's are trash and I'll never argue that mmo's have fun gameplay. These aren't PC gaming memes though, its common sense.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.