[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will It Be A Success, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 512x287
Does it stand a chance launching a few years into current generation? Will it outsell the Wii U within a year?
>>
If Fire Emblem Fates and Genei Ibun Roku #FE face any censorship that tarnishes the game, I'm never buying Nintendo again.
>>
File: Villager.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Villager.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
>>321223726
Don't blame them, blame the localization teams.
If tits are really that important, just learn Japanese, senpai.
>>
We know nothing about it so it's impossible to make a prediction that's not just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>321223963
I want to. I bet /v/ regrets sending Treehouse that 'thank you' card now.
>>
>>321222459
NX needs cartridge games and a solid state drive to be good aside from graphical capabilities.
>>
>>321224151
We definitely know more than nothing about it.
>>
>>321224185
Not really since the games they've brought over have still been good.
>>
>>321224151
Launching a new console by the time the PS4 and XB1 have been out for a while with price drops can jeopardise the NX. The casuals probably won't by another console and it'll probably be close to a Wii U situation again.
>>
>>321224285

Please enlighten us then.

All we know is contained within OP's image.
>>
>>321224291
They didn't make them though? All they did was make them more child friendly and get their own staff to do voice acting jobs.
>>
>>321224291
Yeah I love censorship, memes and unnecessary changes too.
>>
>>321224494
Isn't one of the main staff an open SJW and feminist too?
>>
>>321224684
And a open cheating whore under the guise of new terminology to protect faithless morons.
>>
>>321224405
Well, aside from all the rumors, we know for a fact it's supposed to bridge the gap between Nintendo's home console and handheld efforts, and introduce a unified architecture that will allow for games to be easily ported between systems. We know dev kits are already going out and that the next main Mario title has been in development for it for a while (hopefully ready for the NX's launch but that remains to be seen)
>>
I'd like to see it fail just so Nintendo can finally go third party. I'm so sick of buying redundant, overpriced hardware just to play a few exclusives
>>
>>321225469
I hope that happens too.
>>
It's not replacing the Wii U. Kimishima has confirmed this.

It's a new kind of handheld.
>>
>>321225773
They said that about the DS too, anon.
>>
>>321224185
Wow I bet you're the first person to ever bring that up
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 512x288
>>321225983
I wouldn't know. Judging by the amount of censorship posts here lately, it wouldn't be surprising if they didn't.
>>
>>321225773
>It's not replacing the Wii U. Kimishima has confirmed this.
All they confirmed is that Wii U support won't immediately end. Which means they'll dump some more garbage like amiibo festival on it, keep online functioning, release some DLC, and call it a day. I'm sure shovelware on eShop also counts as "support", as well as inferior versions of some NX games released months later probably, including the new Zelda..
>>
>>321225773
Come on, dude. Don't fool yourself, the NX is replacing the Wii U, but that doesn't mean they will stop support the Wii U completely.
>>
>>321224365
Everyone who wants or knows about the xb1 and ps4 already have one.
With the amount of games and types of games out for those consoles now, and the quite honestly hostile buggy and expencive experience both consoles are...AND the lack of killer apps for both. I honetly don't see their numbers moving unless they drop to the sub 200 dollar range and the games stops needing to fill up the hard drive just to run.
And I don't see that ever happening.

The number of and type of people who have the current gen ps4 and xb1 will remain relatively static for the forseeable future.

With the way the Wii and WiiU sold I can honestly see the system going for the people who are not going to upgrade to the ps4 and xb1 and an audience that is looking for budget gaming novelty.

All they need is a 200 dollar price tag games that look comparable, or at least one unique nintendo only game that shows it has the potential to look even better then the current gen titles and to be that hybrid console that has those modified 3DS controllers and a fat HDD and they'll be able to reach and surpass their wiiu numbers before 2017.

That's IF they fag out on the games and get their own IP and some unique IP and those few third parties that always do well on their console. AND advertise that bitch.
>>
>>321227132
>With the amount of games and types of games out for those consoles now, and the quite honestly hostile buggy and expencive experience both consoles are...AND the lack of killer apps for both. I honetly don't see their numbers moving unless they drop to the sub 200 dollar range
The PlayStation 4 sold millions in the last few months, what are you talking about?
>>
>>321222459
Dunno, I'm more concerned with what gimmick they're going to try to shoehorn in. It was novelty with Wii, and the WiiU pad makes for a great tablet for shitting on the toilet despite its shitty reception range and strength. But Modern Nintendo is pure retard when it comes to NOT INSERTING GIMMMICKS NO ONE WANTS ANYMORE. So I hope to god WiiU taught them that the gimmick train is over and that they wont score another gimmick victory like they had with Wii.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 511x288
>>321227570
This was one of their latest patents.
>>
>>321222459
>Does it stand a chance launching a few years into current generation?
Probably not, it's really awkward timing.

>Will it outsell the Wii U within a year?
Yes if its truly portable. I don't think it's going to do all that well regardless.
>>
>>321227762
Yes I'm well aware. They don't really ever use all their hundreds of patents they make, that's the only reason I retain some kind of hope. If that's the main controller they're going to force into their first party titles or encourage devs to use its already a lost cause before it even sends out dev kits.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.