[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing through the MGS series. I'm almost through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I'm playing through the MGS series. I'm almost through with the first one on psx, what should I do next?

Should I emulate the second and third one or get the HD collection? I got a PS3, 3DS and a good PC.

Also what's with the 3DS version of MGS 3? Is it any good?
>>
>>321205503
Get the HD collection if you can. Keep in mind that MGS2 has a PC version (it's not on Steam) so you don't have to emulate that.
>>
Get the Legacy Collection for PS3 and you're set. It's pretty cheap nowadays and has the definitive version of every game bar V. And the 3ds version sucks, there's a new mechanic that doesn't go well with the level design and the framerate is atrocious.
>>
>>321205503
HD Collection is your best bet. You'll be missing out on a few things, but honestly unless you wanna buy a PS2 or emulate you will anyway, but HD Collection is probably your best bet
>Peace Walker
>MGS3
>MGS2
>nice and cheap
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>321205503
Just get the Legacy Collection or the HD collection.

Be sure to play MG2 at some point. It's a lot like MGS1 but considerably better in several ways. I think it's one of the best games in the series. Ghost Babel too (you'll probably need to emulate that, though).
>>
File: 1448144198305.png (97 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1448144198305.png
97 KB, 240x240
>>321207947
>Ghost Babel too
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>321205503
MGS2 is literally the greatest video game ever. You're in for quite a ride.
>>
>>321205503
HD Collection is amazing. Grab that one.
>>
>>321206984
>Not getting Legacy Edition
>MGS1
>MGS2
>MGS3
>MGS4
>MGS:PW
>>
I got HD collection for 15 bucks and MGS4 extra for 10.

Legady was kinda expensive
>>
>>321205503
Play:

MGS1 on PS1 or PSN
MGS2 Substance on PS2 or HD collection
MGS3 Subsistence on PS2 or HD collection

MGS2 only has very minor things removed in HD. MGS3 has a little more, like slowdown in some areas, removed easter eggs and minigames.
>>
>>321210827
MGS1 is a shitty digital voucher.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.