[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Vita die the death it did?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 2015-12-19-231847.jpg (157 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19-231847.jpg
157 KB, 960x544
I don't understand /v/, I know you guys are obsessed with Nintendo to no end, but Vita should have hit every good note with you all. The graphics are phenomenal for a handheld system. And if they weren't good enough for you at launch, over time companies got better and took better advantage of the systems capabilities. The library is full of niche weeaboo titles which is clearly something that everyone who browses /v/ is into. If you aren't, then why are you even here? Do you know where you are?

The price point was a of a hurdle I suppose but time has gone by and the prices have gone down. They even released a cheaper model of the thing (and objectively worse model)
>>
>Why did the Vita die

Lack of piracy, and you know it's true
>>
>>321200789
The graphics never really mattered to me and I wanted something with good games not just weeb bait.
>>
It was the memory cards honestly. If they just used SD cards or if the price for the Vita memory cards were in line with SD card prices it would have done a lot better. I know I'd have bought one if that was the case.
>>
>>321200789
Cards should have been cheaper.
>>
>>321200789
>The graphics are phenomenal for a handheld system

Nobody gives a shit about graphics on a handheld
>>
>>321200789
>The library is full of niche weeaboo titles which is clearly something that everyone who browses /v/ is into. If you aren't, then why are you even here? Do you know where you are?
*upvote*
>>
File: KC.jpg (813 KB, 774x1200) Image search: [Google]
KC.jpg
813 KB, 774x1200
>>321200789
>Sony didn't care enough
>Lack of decent 3rd party, and even some more famous titles
>PSN is dog shit on VIta
>paying extra for a SD card
If they just used it as a platform for Indie/Import games it would have done fine.
>>
>>321200789
>Do you know where you are?
Certainly not on Gaia.
>>
I imported one from Canada just recently. It being dead in the western development market doesn't really matter to me, since western games are mostly trash or too big to go on a handheld anyway, I have a PC for those.
>>
>>321204056
why import from canada ?
>>
>>321204724
The back touchpad releases a maple scent when you rub it.
>>
>>321200789
/v/ hates japan and thus they hate weebshit.

This is why the Vita failed, nobody wanted to play japanese games on a handheld because all weeb games are garbage. This is why they get a 3DS instead for real handheld games that aren't weeb like Pokemon, Fire emblem, Mario, Monster Hunter, SMT, EO and more.
>>
File: 1447440165433.png (13 KB, 69x116) Image search: [Google]
1447440165433.png
13 KB, 69x116
it doesn't have mario
it doesn't have pokemon
it doesn't have monster hunter
proprietary memory cards
sony pretty much just gave up on it once the ps4 took off

it's a damn good system, but it doesn't have a library that appeals to the masses and has a few flaws that would turn away some customers. nintendo handhelds always succeed because they have a shitton of appealing games despite the weak hardware. good hardware is useless if there's nothing to show for it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.