[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im playing dark souls 2. compared to bloodborne and dark souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 694x362
Im playing dark souls 2.

compared to bloodborne and dark souls 1, why do i feel an "input lag" or a "windup" on attacks and running and rolling sometimes? I mean, to be fair, I felt it sometimes in bloodborne when it's like you dodge or roll and it doesn't register instantly, but not really like this.

Also, what the fuck, this enemy tracking is insane. turtlemen holding big hammers shouldn't be fucking doing 180 degree turns on a dime while doing an attack animation.

Also I dodge an attack sometimes, but my health goes down anyway? Is that intended?
>>
Are you playing vanilla 2 or scholar?
>>
>>321200814
Vanilla
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a worse game than Dark Souls 1, and Bloodborne.

Based on what you like about Demon's Souls it is also most likely worse.

Increase your adaptability to ~20 or so and your dodges will function a lot better.
>>
>>321200747

It's probably ADP that's fucking you up. More ADP means more i-frames on your rolls. It's retarded, I know, but it's a stat that you should definitely consider raising in that game.

Also, have fun with that tracking. Those turtlemen are only the first of many enemies who have it.
>>
When I played Dark Souls 2 SOTFS I couldn't get the hang of any of it. I got pretty deep into the Forest, and I never reached the boss. But, man it was captivating.

Then, after I had beaten the boss and progressed some, I realized the roll can be improved with the adaptability stat.

Once I figured that out, it was 2x more fun, and it felt like it was how it was supposed to be played from the start.
>>
>>321200897
Upgrade to scholar, and listen to the anons that posted. ADP is the only way you'll beat this game
>>
>>321201268
Is there a reason to upgrade to scholars other than the dlc and graphics?
>>
>>321200747
>why do i feel an "input lag" or a "windup" on attacks and running and rolling sometimes?
I recently replayed dark souls after playing a lot of dark souls 2 and I had the exact same feeling about it, dunno why
>>
>>321201450
dont worry about scholars
just get your adp to 30.
>>
>>321201450

The most notable thing that SotFS did was give you the dull ember earlier. There's really no reason to get it unless you care about that, the FPS, and the DLCs.
>>
>>321201268
>Upgrade to scholar
>OY VEY GOY dont you know you need to buy dlc to fix this piece of shit
>>
>>321200747
If you are playing with kb+m there is a noticeable input lag. Using a gamepad gets rid of this.
>>
>>321201627
>>321201450
Fun fact att does almost the same thing and has an actual function meaning that mages in almost all situations have a slight advantage in terms of mobility over anyone else who did not bother to put points into that dumb as fuck stat. Also scholars does not fix shit with the enemy ai or player input and just adds more gank squads.
>>
>>321200747
>why do i feel an "input lag" or a "windup" on attacks
use dexterity weapons instead of strength weapons?
some of the attack animations are exactly the same as ds1...
>>
>>321202102
Attack animations and input lag have almost nothing to do with each other.
>>
It is just ADP. I normally feel back to comfortable at around 20-25.

Dark Souls 2 is still a good game, but it is the weakest Souls game by quite a bit. ADP and Soul Memory are two of the biggest reasons why, and the tracking you mentioned is another. You will also encounter some enemies with infinite stamina.
>>
>>321202269
he did say "windup". It's VERY common for people to miss use the term "input-lag", so I had reason to believe he was just talking about animations.
>>
feel absolutely no imput lag in ds2 compared to ds1
>>
>>321201970
it does it to a much lesser degree
>>
everybody who plays dark souls 2 needs to read this page: http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/agility
this information is super important and never explained.

your character starts out with shit iframes. so if you get agility to 100 (about 25 adaptability) then you get a roll that's equal to the dark souls 1 roll.
>>
>>321202451
Soul Memory sounded good on paper, but bad in practice. It did eliminate low level twinks for the most part, but punishes players that aren't very good and die a lot when it comes to PvP.
>>
File: 1406582433858.jpg (79 KB, 403x498) Image search: [Google]
1406582433858.jpg
79 KB, 403x498
>>321202842
It sounds stupid on paper too unless you're totally unfamiliar with how the souls series even functions.
>>321202842
>It did eliminate low level twinks for the most part
pic related
>>
>>321202460
You were making assumptions when he said very specifically input lag. Playing dark souls 2 you should know what he is talking about. Also happened sometimes in bloodborne but not to the same degree.
>>
Dark souls 2 is the worst souls games. Only pcbabys who didnt play des or dks first think its a good game.
>>
>>321203014
What's the point in having a soul level 1 twink, with a soul memory that puts you against soul level 200 normies?

eliminated
>>
>>321203051
>Playing dark souls 2 you should know what he is talking about.
bro I don't even know what input lag has to do with the souls series. input lag is a term for shitty TVs where your button inputs are slow to register on screen.

I have thousands of hours in each souls game and never had any kind of input lag problem.

The only time your character will seem unresponsive is when you are out of stamina.
>>
>>321202842
It also punishes people who are doing other things other than pvp. I like to do co-op a lot, and then I spend all the souls I get on stuff like healing gems, upgrade stones, homeward bones, etc. I also typically keep my level pretty low for how far I am, so I can help out friends or randoms from /v/ on earlier bosses. Soul Memory basically forced me to progress anyways.
>>
>>321203340
>>321203051
>>321202608
>>321202269
I just mean that there's a noticeable time between when i press a button and when the roll/run happens on the screen, but I guess it has to do with ADP? It's a lot more noticeable than in Darksouls 1
>>
>>321203932
sounds like a strange issue

is >>321201938 relevant?
>>
>>321203932
Or is it like if your stamina goes to 0, you arent allowed to do anything while it's recovering?
>>
>>321202842

They should have just kept the SL matchmaking. The Covenant of Blue or whatever would have already helped with the twinking problem. Now it's a dead covenant because it hardly gets any activity.
>>
>>321203265
it is the worst souls game, but it's definitely not a terrible game.
i just wish they were able to do what they wanted.
>>
>>321203338
could you not just create a new character?

then you know the best route to get the gear for your netbuild

and you can keep your soul mem lower than normal players cus you know where to go and won't end up farming souls dying a bunch
>>
>>321204127
Nah im using a 360 controller but is >>321204148
True?
>>
>>321204352
of course that shit's true

Press attack button or roll button when you have no stamina and nothing will happen.
>>
>>321204443
No i mean are you not allowed to run/roll when it's recovering after hitting 0?
>>
>>321204352
it is true. Just wear the bar close to zero (but not really) and then you'll be able to get around that shit.
>>
>>321204202
>Now it's a dead covenant because it hardly gets any activity.

Excuse me? I was playing recently and 2/3 the spirits invading me are blue
>>
>>321204148
>>321204572
Nigga you are thinking of Monster Hunter.
>>
>>321204546
when your stamina bar is recovering from ZERO stamina, then you can't do ANYTHING while it grows back to 100%.

Just never deplete the bar down to absolute 0% and you're set.
>>
I hate the start up on the shitty running animation. I know people don't go into a straight sprint but I prefer responsiveness to realism and even then you have the running animation that looks like the mocapped a dude with a back brace about to shit his pants.

I still love the game though, two achievements left.
>>
lmao
>>
>>321204647
but it's how I played DS2, I couldn't do anything until the bar reached 100% stamina if I had absolutely drained it down to 0%.
>>
>>321204674
Shit no wonder
>>
Can someone explain to me why they added ADP? A system where you have to spend points in otherwise the game is broken?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.