[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elite: Dangerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
Do you recommend this game /v/? Is it worth the 15 shekels?
I wanted to buy it but steam says it has mixed reviews, but at the same time i heard that it is the best space sim available atm.
>>
As long as you realize it's Early Access where you have to rebuy the whole game every time it updates
>>
>>321199270
so is it worth it? it has some pretty sweet screenshots
>>
>>321199270
This.

The game as it is now is unfinished. The "expansion" that just released, which added things that should've been in the base game, costs sixty fucking dollars.

Don't give those jews your money. Or at the very least wait for them to finish the game.
>>
>>321199494
how much time would that be anon?
>>
>>321199038
No, because it lacks content. Enjoy repeating the same few things over and over. Of course, you can always buy the over priced expansion pack that adds the same shit the base game has but ON LAND.

tl;dr Don't buy it, game is shit.
>>
>>321199594
ten years
>>
Eve online is superior, in my opinion.
>>
>>321199723
so you cant land on planets on the base game?
>>
>>321199789
No, that's the main upgrade in Horizons
>>
>>321199917
holy fuck that is a fucking blunder isnt it?
>>
>>321199737
pretty fair amount of time
>>
>>321199980
Yes it is. Game is a scam. Has no content in the base game, you'll get bored quickly unless you like shitty pointless grinding. Then you buy the overpriced expansion which should have been in the base game.

Literally any other space game is a better choice than Elite if you're in the mood for that kind of shit. Get stuff from the 90's and 2000s.
>>
i was looking forward to that game too op, bu it seems that the expansion is 10 times better than the base game, bu the expansion costs 60 bucks
>>
No. This game will never be worth a single penny.
>>
>>321200723
expansion is standalone and doesnt require basegame.. so its only 60 bucks
>>
"A mile wide and an inch deep" is a complaint you'll hear about this game a lot, and while that is an exaggeration it could really use some expanding on certain areas of the game.

It is, in my opinion, the best space sim out there right now. The core of the game is extremely well done. The flying is phenomenal, the UI is great, the sound design is seriously 10/10, etc.

However most of the things to do in the game are thin, often not well thought out in terms of fun and have little connection to or impact on the galaxy spread over that great base. This just leaves a lot of people going "Oh, is that it?" after a few hours doing any given activity.

The new expansion also rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, though I'm not sure why. It's $45 to existing owners, $60 to everyone else but you also get the base game with that price. They'll be releasing one of these every year for as long as they can, or up until the end of the 10 year plan they have. Every expansion will have the base game and all previous expansions.

You can think of it like a yearly subscription, except if you decide not to pay one year you get to keep everything you already paid for and keep playing, you're not locked out of anything except new stuff.
>>
Its fun, buy it play it 50-60 hours and leave it, for the 15 dollar price tag its pretty fun
I bought the horizons expansion and have barely touched any content of it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.