[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkest Dungeon. Is it fun? Is it worth a playthrough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Darkest Dungeon. Is it fun? Is it worth a playthrough?
>>
It's worth a pirate.

The devs are pretty tryhard faggots that change vital shit from one patch to the other in an effort to add difficulty because hard games are the fad right now. Sometimes they add good shit, sometimes just shit that makes the game more tedious than it should be. I wouldn't expect the released game strategies to be anything like they are today. That being said, I liked it when I last played it.
>>
>>321198641

Man, what sort of tedious shit? I can deal with hard, but if it's tedious in a time-consuming bullshit sort of way I'm usually out.
>>
>>321200041
It's more tedious in a annoying rng sort of way really. If you're just now playing for the first time and haven't experienced the days when it was smoother to do some shit you might not be as annoyed by those changes.
>>
>>321200280

Nice. How punishing is death? Does the game award regular checkpoints?
>>
>>321197898
Im pretty sure it isnt the darkest dungeon, Ive been in a few dungeons in my lifetimes.
>>
>>321201145
There's a save system with your progress being tied to a game profile and I think you can save whenever but I don't remember exactly.

Death isn't that punishing in the early game. You lose your hero obviously and someone dying will give the others lots of stress and you'll also lose the dead guy's items, I think. Stress is a mechanic you'll probably get used to hating. If your level 0 guy with no items or upgrades to gear or skills dies it's literally fucking nothing though since you get heroes for free from a building. Once you build up a roster of high level upgraded heroes, losing one, especially one with a lot of upgrades kind of sucks though.
>>
>>321201824

Oh shit, I didn't realize it was permadeath for the individual characters. This might be a cool thing. I haven't made my mind up yet.
>>
Cytokinesis
>>
File: 1431459875805.png (168 KB, 840x856) Image search: [Google]
1431459875805.png
168 KB, 840x856
>>
>>321204471

How quickly the tide turns
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.