[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grim Dawn just received its last update, is this the only early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: BW4DC8DpLtCG.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (126 KB, 878x579) Image search: [Google]
BW4DC8DpLtCG.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
126 KB, 878x579
Grim Dawn just received its last update, is this the only early acccess that was completed?
>>
>>321197379
Endless Legend was an early access game too.
>>
>>321197645
A shit one at that.
>>
Then why is it still in early access?

I'm prety excited, but I'm not touching it until that label disappears.
>>
>>321197379
Cool, I got this for my friend and I a long time ago but it wasn't quite worth playing at the moment.
Will get back into it now.

>guy on friends list has 1441 hours
>>
Why would i play grim dawn instead of path of exile.
I bought grim dawn like day 2 of their ea access.
>>
>>321197812
the next patches are to improve performance and balance, but all the game is now complete.
>>
>>321197812

If you click on the news tab there are the patch notes that mention the game is complete
>>
>>321197379
Prison Architect

>>321197812
Content-complete means it's technically in beta now instead of alpha. They still need to do balancing and bugfixes and stuff.
>>
>>321198035
All the more reason to wait. I mean, it's already 3 years late, few more months won't hurt.
>>
Sunless Sea.
>>
>>321197379
awesome news
>>
It's not free, right? So why would I play it over PoE if I'm looking for a Diablo clone?
>>
Jesus christ I completely forgot how to play
>>
>>321198390
because poe is a piece of shit
>>
>>321198390
the only reason i bought it was because i fucking loved titan quest back in the day
this still doesnt have half as much classes and diversity, its stilll good but man
>>
>>321198390
Because PoE is boring, requires a constant online connection, and has a shitty character system stolen from Final Fantasy X.

Grim Dawn has a lot of character variety due to the way their system's set up, does not require a constant online connection and can in fact be played over LAN, is a fun, interesting world, and runs on the quaint "give us money once and you get all the game content" system instead of the "keep giving us money over time" one.
>>
>>321198468
how is it a piece of shit ?
If you have a good connection its the perfect arpg, i come back to it every major league and probably played it more than any other game in the genre
>>
>>321197379
UnderRail was another early access game that ended up good. I think Infiniminer was Early Access too, and that ended up good as well.
>>
>>321198529
with the devotion system is shits all over titan quest
>>
Is it as slow-paced as Titan Quest? I swear, the first act in that game took longer to traverse than the whole Diablo 2.
>>
>>321198704
>Infiniminer
The fuck am I saying, I mean Infinifactory.
>>
>>321198775
No, it's much faster. If you rush through it you can complete Act I in like an hour your first time through.

Not that you'd want to do that.
>>
Does anyone that knows what the fuck they're doing know if this is any good?
>>
>>321198430
Start a new character, become a warlock, and focus on Chaos-ified Albrecht's Aether Ray

Shit's fun
>>
>>321198619
>sphere grid meme
so you played about 2 hours, good to know
>keep giving us money over time
Its like completely free to play, you can figuratively only buy bank space, the rest is cosmetics
>constant online connection
yes i guess
>>
>>321198914
Go to the official forums for build advice. There's also this character builder website for more help:

www.grimcalc.com
>>
Occultist looks like something I would want to play.
>>
>>321199937
It's a little OP right now but it's basically a curse-centric D2 necro without skellies. You can summon pets too, a healing crow and a hellhound.
>>
>>321198619
>Grim Dawn
>A lot of character variety
>browse builds
>it's all 1 skill spam with a few auras to support the damage of that one skill

yeah naw, there's like 1 or maximum 2 decent skills per class, you build around that one thing and that's it, and even then there's bullshit like aether ray that completely outclass everything else in the game.
>>
Is there anything to do once you finish the story?
>>
>>321202014
I think they added another endless dungeon that's pretty hard.
3 difficulties like diablo

I'm not sure what else
>>
>>321198390
Because you need something to play in between PoE leagues, and Talismans won't keep you busy until Ascendancy.
>>
Is it a good idea to go as Shaman and just dip into Nightblade for veil of shadows?
>>
>>321203357

Going for a second class just for an ability is viable yess
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.