[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last Remnant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg?t=1447351687.jpg (29 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1447351687.jpg
29 KB, 460x215
1$ Humble Bundle, finally decided to give it a try.
I know about the infamously hard difficulty, which guides/resources should I check to make sure I don't fuck myself over?
>>
>>321190576
Don't fight any unnecessary battles. Grinding will fuck you up in this game.

As far as I know that's the only reason it ever becomes unplayable.
>>
>>321191797
>Grinding will fuck you up in this game.
Not in the PC version, you almost always grow faster than the enemies there and it's almost impossible to fuck your build. Unless you're grinding only low level enemies that don't make you gain stats. It's just that with grinding the characters you find later in the game become almost useless despite them having cool abilities.

>>321190576
I just used a quest guide.
Short version:
Do all quests before going to aqueducts
>>
>>321191797
>Grinding will fuck you up in this game.

I believe the PC version had this fixed, but you still need to control how your troops progress.
>>
File: 1331837639498.jpg (27 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
1331837639498.jpg
27 KB, 240x311
>>321190576
>Played it on the 360 years back
>Buy it again to try and beat it
>Gaslin caves
>Fight the first boss
>Very beginning of fight "ok ill be cautious and put them on standby so they come to me first
>They force a deadlock with Bloctor and insta kill him in a single turn
>Because I chose to standby Rush does nothing
>The very next turn all the unions insta kill rush
Literally dead in 2 turns.
>>
I played the demo of this game and didn't know what the fuck was going on during fights. Does the full game do a better job of explaining shit to you or am I going to need a guide? I hate spoiling myself with guides whenever possible.
>>
File: the last remnant conqueror.jpg (71 KB, 376x648) Image search: [Google]
the last remnant conqueror.jpg
71 KB, 376x648
>>321192261
Yeah, the game was kind of confusing at first, but everything gradually clicked together. The only thing I didn't like was that the game didn't tell you that you've used up all the materials for, say, health potions. The option to use them just doesn't show up in the squad with the respective healer.
>>
>>321192261
Your role in battles is more general than micromanagement.

You tell them a target and how they should try to fight. After that the battles go according to how well your troops assess the current situation. I'm unsure if you can influence that beyond disabling specific abilities.

Morale may play a part in it.
>>
I remember I got this for free somehow. I deleted it from my steam inventory. Good times.
>>
The Fallen
>>
File: 1450850180833.jpg (83 KB, 560x682) Image search: [Google]
1450850180833.jpg
83 KB, 560x682
Will i enjoy this if Im a storyfag?
>>
>>321192521
>>321192535
>I'm unsure
>may

So I take that as a no? Oh well, I'll just go in blind and pray for the best.
>>
Checkin mah stats huh
>>
>>321192889
You don't need a guide. Learn as you g.

Unless you absolutely must minmax on your first run.
>>
Read the wiki.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.