[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do they need to be played in chronological order?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 81NXZx1QYRL._SL1500_.jpg (279 KB, 1312x1500) Image search: [Google]
81NXZx1QYRL._SL1500_.jpg
279 KB, 1312x1500
Do they need to be played in chronological order?
>>
You can skip 2. There is nothing either gameplay or story wise that is good or worth remembering about that game. The entire franchise has gone out of its way to ignore its existence since.
>>
Just play 3.
>>
>>321189409
I hear 3 is the best? Can I start with it or should I play 1 first?
>>
2 is honestly better than 3. But everybody just likes 3 because I'M GETTING MOTIVATED.
>>
>>321189970
3 is a prequel and the best in the series so sure.
>>
3 > 2 > 1 tbqfhwy
>>
>>321189290
3 -> 1 -> 4 -> 2 story wise if I remember correctly. 2 was fun, and the other character was cool. Its the worst one but they are all great so the worst game is still fucking fun.
>>
Play in release order you fucking moron. Anyone who even suggests outside release order should just fuck off.
>>
>>321190282
Don't listen to this dweeb. 3 is the only one that isn't shit.
>>
>>321189290
Skip 2, it's complete garbage.
>>
>>321190381
lol why would you skip something you got for free when its like a 2 hour game. Its not even that bad.
>>
>>321189290
Just play 2
>>
>>321190545
It's a terrible game and not worth playing even if you got it for free.
>>
>>321190606
I disagree. It's very much just another dmc game.
>>
>>321189970
I would play 1 first. Its a good game with atmosphere better than all the other games, and if you play 3 first the gameplay in 1 might feel too primitive to finish.
>>
The 1 have classic gameplay but a really good soundtrack and design and i think the bosses are epic. The second is shit. The third have nice gameplay and soundtrack but the design and the boss are meh (still better than 2..) but 3have crazy dante and vergod so it's epic win
>>
File: 9F4o8OxOnfk.jpg (51 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
9F4o8OxOnfk.jpg
51 KB, 500x435
Is HD collection for PS3 any good?
>>
>>321189409
Lucia is a qt
>>
>>321190941
Very good, my only problem with it is that I could never find an easy option to quit out of one game and hop into another.
>>
Is 2 the one with Virgil? I remember hearing the biggest problem with that game is you basically go through the same places and fight the same bosses but as a different character.
>>
>>321191286
No, some random brown chick. 3 is the one with sephiroth
>>
>>321190376
>i wasnt playing video games when dmc1 came out and dmc3 is my first one

Fuck off. I've been playing this series for fucking 15 years faggot.
>>
>>321190685
It might as well be a part of a different game series entirely, it neither has the style or humour of the other games, on top of having shit weapons and boss fights.
>>
>playing any established franchise outside of release order

Are you people retarded?
>>
>>321191286
You are probably thinking of Nero and 4.

Once you get done with Nero's part, you basically just replay the game in reverse as Dante.

That said, I hear from some that DMC4's combat is the best in the series, and that was prior to the release of SE.
>>
Play them in fucking order 2 isnt terrible but it certainly isnt the best either but its damn well worth a play
>>
>>321191414
Was playing video games 15 years prior to dmc 1 even being a thing.
>>
Play them in release.
If you don't get into 1 after the first two hours, just skip ahead.
Ditto for 2.
Spend plenty of time with 3, it takes time but when it clicks its fucking amazing.
>>
>>321189290
Play them in release order to show how the mechanics evolved over time.
Play 2 as well. 2 is awful, but you'll get to see the massive jump in quality from 2 to 3 and appreciate 3 more.
>>
>>321189290
Play 1 before 3. Play 2 whenever you feel masochistic. 1 is fairly good but if you play it after 3, it may sour your experience of it a bit.
>>
Why was Dante as a character reinvented so much? He's like a different person every game.
>>
>>321192678
He's the same character in 4 as he was in 3, just older so there's consistency with Itsunos games. It has a lot to do with developer changes and the series not finding solid ground until 3.
>>
Does this have 4? I played and 100%DMC3 when it came out (borrowed a friends copy) and then the same to DMC3 special edition. Even got it lying around somewhere in the garage.
>>
>>321194063
No
>>
File: dmc.jpg (377 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
dmc.jpg
377 KB, 1280x1024
>>321192678
Dante in 1 was the original Dante. But when a new team worked on 2 without Kamiya they decided to make Dante more serious. When 2 was poorly received, they knew they had to make 3 more like 1, including Dante’s characterization. Dante in 3 was more over the top than the Dante in 1, because 3’s Dante was supposed to be a young and cocky Dante. With 4, Dante had the same voice and mocap actor as 3, so he just plays an older version of 3’s Dante.
>>
>>321191694
Sounds a lot like DmC...
>>
>played it in numerical order
>enjoy 1
>start 2
>this isn't so bad
>by the end I am a hollow shell of a man child
>will to go on not found
>fumble around and barely managed to start up 3
>play 3
>I am restored to my former glory
>fap to lady
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.