[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on MechWarrior Online.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1017873.jpg (96 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
1017873.jpg
96 KB, 660x350
Redpill me on MechWarrior Online.
>>
grab deal
>>
>>321184628

WoT but with robut instead of tonk.
>>
Play any of the mechwarrior games. Don't spend a dime on MWO. The P2W orbital laser is 98% effective and clan mechs are just pocket liners for the devs holiday vacation.

If you have any sense you'll just find a private server for MW4: Mercs
>>
>>321184941
and to play with nobody?
>>
Any actual proof of that P2W meme?
>>
Hello guys is this game p2w?
>>
>>321185629
No it's the "pay 2 not grind" meme
Which is essentially pay 2 win
>>
>>321185703
What are the best mech/Loadout to unlock?
It seem I'm earning money pretty fast in that game.
>>
>>321185535

I was playing Solaris matches the other week. Remember when I said find a private server? Its like battlefront 2. With minimal effort you could be playing with people for free
>>
>>321185771
You earn a lot of money from your first 20 matches or so but after that the grind to get enough to buy more mechs becomes hell, not to mention the horrible meta circulating around a few usable builds and the laughably op clan mechs ruining your day
>>
>>321185920
just like mechwarrior online.
>>
File: mwoscreenie.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mwoscreenie.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1080
I stop playing after the alpha. Seems like they were getting balls deep into microtransactions so I just moved on.

How bad is it now /v/?
>>
>>321186428

This bad
>>>/vg/125846212
>>
>>321186260

Sure, but with more mech more weaponsand and i can fuck around with configurations all day without ever taking a fake financial hit for it. So its like getting so much more for a freeware game. Actually it is just getting a much bigger mechwarrior multiplayer experience from a freeware game
>>
Literally none of the purchase-only mechs are top-tier.

some links to help you get started

http://metamechs.com/
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

I highly recommend a well rounded heavy mech like Timberwolf TBR-S. It has a good mix of hardpoints, good speed, and jump jets.

The 'Clan' mechs are generally better and you can switch out entire pieces like side torso with other variants for more hardpoint combinations, which gives you more versatility on your first mech. Also they have longer range lasers

The IS mechs have heavier engines and can survive having both side torsos knocked out, and are often better close range ballistic brawlers. They are probably better for long range missile mechs because the IS missiles work differently.

Assault mechs have the most armor and weapons but are slow as fuck and probably not good for new players.

My personal favorite mech lately is Nova Prime cheesy glass cannon because you can fit a stupid amount of firepower with 12x small pulse lasers and 4 machine guns, which lets you instarape even most assault mechs at close range and get top kills/damage with a medium mech people think is garbage.
>>
What about:
Ultra AC 5
kingcrab
>>
>>321187908
I still regret buying a Ryoken like the guide recommended to. should have just gone straight for the Mad Cat
>>
>>321188178

When I first started playing I made like 4 accounts with different email addresses to use the starting bonus credits to try out different mechs.
>>
>>321188313
I can't even be bothered to do that.
>>
shit is pay 2 win and broken as fuck

do not play
>>
>>321184628
Devs are fuckwads.

Shut down the Mechwarrior: Living Legends mod because the chicken shits were terrified of it hurting their numbers. And rightly so, it's twice the game MWO is.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.