[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point in playing single player games, besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 1419160027903.png (94 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1419160027903.png
94 KB, 300x300
What's the point in playing single player games, besides "fun"? I struggle to see the point these days. I'd rather play a competitive game where I can improve and compete with better and better opponents.
>>
>>321184457
Well no shit, but Splatoon is still for little kids and more casual than halo 1.
What's the point of playing a competitive game that isn't competitive?
>>
File: D8lN93OOP9VoiPvWHHUg.png (40 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
D8lN93OOP9VoiPvWHHUg.png
40 KB, 150x150
>>321184457
What's the point in playing multiplayer games, bsdies "fun"? I struggle to see the point these days. I'd rather play through a campaign with an interesting story and good gameplay without getting annoyed by Russians and 12-year olds.
>>
>besides "fun"
I don't understand. Do videogames not entertain you? Are competitive games not fun either?
>>
>>321184457
Stupid weeaboo
>>
>>321184457
If you're not in it for the story, think of it like bowling or golf. You can be competitive in single player games by beating the game with less damage, using less time, using less items, etc. than everyone else playing
>>
>>321184457

What's the point of playing a game for any other reason but fun?

You also act as though a single player game doesn't require learning and honing new skills to be successful. Blitzkrieg II would be a good example of how even with RTS experience you need time with the game to do anything effectively
>>
>>321185081
get with the times grandpa
>>
You haven't played good single player games, also if you do I doubt you would like them.
>>
most singleplayer games last 10 hours or so and end
even if you try to play only 70 hours long RPGs , that's still nothing compared to the average 2000 hours somebody spends in a single multiplayer game

AND they don't even make lots of good singleplayer games like before, only good one coming out soon is Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>321185845
What's it feel like to just spout utter bullshit as if its fact?
>>
File: 1450750595036.jpg (184 KB, 625x508) Image search: [Google]
1450750595036.jpg
184 KB, 625x508
>>321184457
>>
>>321185081
I'm 21 and SP games are better because they're not being consistently gutted and reduced of content with every iteration. Fucking fps games are trying to not have campaigns now.
>>
I know this is a shitposting thread, but the very idea of people and companies starting to not want singledplayer games is making me sad.
>>
>>321186198
that's literally my whole experience with it and I'm a NEET with lots of time
maybe if you are a normalfag or an autist who continues playing the same game after beating it then yeah, I guess you can disagree with it
>>
>>321186326
You've got single player focused AAA games like ass creed, farcry, witcher, and fallout still getting churned out anon. Actual good singleplayer games arent in any danger if there's still enough want for them to be making huge budget sp titles
>>
>>321185081
I'm 25 and find most single player games to be trash now.
It's more to do with modern games turning most into cinematic on rail experiences and openworld repeat the same three missions until the end.
>>
>>321186372
Try to fill your post with more buzzwords, it'll make your opinion more relevant. What the fuck kind of world do you live in where you only play a good game once?

>Only normalfags replay a game
Do you even think before typing?
>>
>>321184457
>different people like different things

Learn something new, every day!
>>
>>321184457
because the majority on here have no friends
>>
>>321186590
>replaying a game
literally autistic as a speedrunner
>>
>>321184457

Not everyone gives a fuck about being better than someone else. Some of us are just in it for the "fun" of playing a video game.
>>
>>321184457
Achievements if you have friends.
>>
>What's the point of being entertained by a piece of entertainment?
>>
>>321186701
>against playing a game again
>Wants to play the same game modes on the same maps repeatedly for hours
I know I'm being trolled but come on.
>>
>>321184694
>Russians and 12 year-olds
>tfw Asian

Feels good to be in the one region where people are too poor to buy a microphone and literally everyone, no matter the age, will kick your ass back to the past if you suck at vidya.
>>
>>321187035
there's something really stimulant about not knowing what's gonna happen in the next game, and most of the surprises end up being funny

It's something a scripted game I have beaten doesn't give me
>>
>>321184457
>besides "fun"?
i love this meme
>>
>>321184457
>What's the point in playing single player games, besides "fun"?
Because a game might have a great story or engaging gameplay, etc.
>>
>>321184457
Ika musume is so good that it makes me play SP.
>>
>>321185845
>Literal Cancer: The Post
>>
If you're not playing games for fun then you might want to look into another hobby, maybe wood carving or kart racing?
>>
>>321184457
Multiplayer fags are cancer.
>>
>>321191121
>literal underage: the post
>>
>>321185845
>start playing some generic shooter online
>get bored after I realise I'm just playing the same shit over and over again after a few matches

Never fall for the "I-it's like a completely different game every time!" meme, guys.
>>
>>321184457
Obvious old bait but always a fair topic. I can never find a better answer than just I have fun with single player or local multiplayer games. Never really see much more to justify it than that.
>>
>>321191442
nobody plays multiplayer games for the game themselves, they are just glorified chatrooms

I play them for the same reason I enter 4chan 24/7
>>
>>321184457
You don't value your own enjoyment of something? Suit yourself.
>>
Suck my cock fag
lol
>>
>>321185845
I have a buddy who's put over 600 hours into FFX
>>
>>321184457
>What's the point in playing single player games, besides "fun"?

Not being surrounded by annoying loud normies

Multiplayer games are
-annoying to play with other people
-infuriating to communicate with other people
-rarely good
-take too long to play A game

Meanwhile with singleplayer the only one who is holding you back from having fun is you.
Plus it's much better to have 100 hours in a shit ton of games than have 10000 hours in DoTA or some other horrible game. You both have experience, can talk about the game online, AND you can wave around your e-peen!
>>
>>321184457
Then you are awful.
>>
I play single player games to NOT be around other people. If I wanted to interact with others I'd go outside and be a normalfag.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.