[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX Rumour Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1446753726051.gif (241 KB, 300x317) Image search: [Google]
1446753726051.gif
241 KB, 300x317
nintendoenthusiast.com/news/rumor-nintendo-to-showcase-nx-behind-close-doors-at-ces-details-about-power-and-price-point/
>Allegedly, Nintendo will be showcasing the Nintendo NX in January at CES 2016 in Las Vegas behind closed doors. Third party companies have been sent an invite to the showcase of the system, which appears to be an attempt to show them what it is capable of. Nintendo did something similar to this in 2012 with the Wii U at CES.

>We were also told that in terms of raw power, the Nintendo NX would be similar to the Xbox One. Our source also told us that Nintendo is looking at a lower, competitive price point to make the system more enticing. No mention was made on the “hybrid” system theory however.

From the comments
>The same Wall Street Journal source confirmed the tech being used in early SDK's was playing a demo that would require the latest architectures on GPU and CPU'S to run it.

So, who do you believe? Nintendo Enthusiast or the WSJ?
>>
>>321183780
Neither. I'll believe shit about it when it's actually fucking announced.
>>
>>321183780
>Xbox One

lol

At least seems believable
>>
>>321183780

I thought they already showed it behind closed doors at E3?

Which is it?
>>
After seeing what Nintendo did with a 360 on steroids, I'm really excited by what they can do with Xbone tech. That'd be 4x as powerful as the WiiU.

Hell, it's not like their games really require realistic graphics anyways. I don't think they've had an in house game with realistic graphics since the GC days.
>>
File: feline.jpg (78 KB, 807x702) Image search: [Google]
feline.jpg
78 KB, 807x702
>>321184046
At this point it's hard to believe any of this news that comes up. If anything, there's a chance they actually have a console to display and not just a name.
>>
>>321183780
>xbox one

this cannot be real. it would be cheaper to have a more powerful system at this point.

seriously
>>
I just hope they have actual games ready on launch and won't come up with a stupid launch window again

Also no region locking or I'll import from Japan
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 833x832) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 833x832
>tfw love my Wii U and kind of don't want the NX to come out for another year or two
>>
File: CTiRCpwUkAAtQ_U.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
CTiRCpwUkAAtQ_U.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>tfw I'll be another dudebro machine to keep up with the competition
>>
>>321185515
2016 christmas is the earliest possible release date, and that's only if they really desperately want to get it out
you'll have nothing to worry about
>>
>>321185620
True, I hope 2016 turns out to be a good year for the Wii U like 2014 was, 2015 was pretty meh besides Splatoon.
>>
File: 1450877804865.jpg (32 KB, 570x608) Image search: [Google]
1450877804865.jpg
32 KB, 570x608
>It's a NX thread
I'm so ready for nothing to happen at all.
>>
>>321183780
>in terms of raw power, the Nintendo NX would be similar to the Xbox One

This seems realistic but I'm hoping for it to have parity with PS4, which is a bit better than Xbox One.
>>
>Also I am surprised Nintendo Enthusiast can trust their own sources after they posted that rumor in July 2014 of Nintendo doing a massive overhaul to the eShop adding a subscription service to it, which never came true. They cited "Nintendo Enthusiast sources" on that one also. Not to mention they are a banned site on NeoGAF as well. Personally I do like this site for the latest news but the track record on posting these rumors and they themselves trusting them as truth is questionable at best.
>>
>>321183780
>SDK's was playing a demo that would require the latest architectures on GPU and CPU'S to run it

It's Nintendo, this sounds like complete and utter bullshit.
>>
Wiiu left us salty. Nobody Wil buy the nx
>>
>>321188136
Anything can happen. The precedent for Nintendo is cheap and weak but there is no reason they can't make a more powerful console than current market fare.

The PS4 and Xbox One are pretty weak.
>>
File: 1360975111063.jpg (49 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
1360975111063.jpg
49 KB, 300x345
>>321183780
after the wii u im done with nintendo. dont fucking care how they are going down. no metroid nothing fucking special on wii u at all.

and again a fucking lowtech system that will get most likely reworks of wii games now. what a time to be alive
>>
>>321188136
not really, tech demos are usually developed on somewhat better hardware than the actual target, or in rare cases entirely on PC

remember the PC's at E3 for xbone games?

Only when a deal with a mass manufacturer has been made the true specs are finalized
>>
>>321188172
Plenty of us jumped ship with the Wii or even the GameCube. NX can only be so bad.
>>
>>321188635
>not done with the Wii
>but done with the Wii-U

Don't understand this mentality.
>>
>>321188172
Unless they release (REALLY release, not just announce) some games that blow my mind I'm not falling for Nintendo's ruse again. Those fucking elevens need to learn that their development strategy just doesn't work nowadays. If you make third parties' life hard, then your console is dead. They could get away with it when they were pretty much the only ones around but nowadays? Fuck that.
They need to be more open, more welcoming, because they need software BAD.
>>
>VR is the next big thing
>Nintendo trying to catch up to the fucking xbone

How fucked is nintendo?
>>
>>321188964
Just make the NX Rift compatible

About power just glue tape 8 NXes together
>>
>>321188964
>VR is the next big thing
Honestly it seems underwhelming until a killer app drops for it.
>>
>>321188964
>vr is the next big thing
>like waggle
>like 3D.

get out retard.
>>
>>321188964
no need to develop their own device just partnering with someone is way better
>>
>>321188964
>next big thing

Nah, Nintendo already recognizes it as a dead end gimmick with what control schemes and tactile feedback are currently at.
>>
The problem Nintendo would have is who would spend money to port to it? Unless its architecture is extremely similar to either Xbone or PS4 so the port is very very easy to make, why would a 3rd party spend millions porting on a console that has 0 install base?
>>
File: 1289871519173.jpg (31 KB, 317x240) Image search: [Google]
1289871519173.jpg
31 KB, 317x240
>>321183780
>>We were also told that in terms of raw power, the Nintendo NX would be similar to the Xbox One. Our source also told us that Nintendo is looking at a lower, competitive price point to make the system more enticing. No mention was made on the “hybrid” system theory however.

Goddammit they're going to another underpowered console that's even weaker than the Xbone, aren't they?
>>
>>321189227
>>321189279
>>321189358

Have you retards tried VR?

It is the next big thing, once you experience a game in VR you can't go back to regular gaming, this isn't a shitty gimmick like waggle or 3D that adds nothing or makes the entire thing more annoying to play, VR essentially deletes the empty space between you and a screen, enhancing immersion while you lose nothing in the process (you lose responsive comfortable controls with waggle, 3D is shit and doesn't work on half the population due to eye problems so it never could catch on, etc).

VR is the next big thing and nintendo is not even trying to compete.
>>
nx is destined to fail
why would a publisher release a game on nx but not on ps4?
wii got all those sales because it released when everyone was waiting for ps3 360 and the gimmick was good
>>
Even if Nintendo managed to create a console that rivaled high end PCs for half the price point, they would still be doomed.
>>
>>321189661

Has anyone got that webm of the guy crawling around on the floor?
>>
>>321188964
Not for consoles senpai.
>>
I still think it's pretty stupid to get trapped in their own cycle and play catch up with the other two. It won't win them any favors with third party.

>We are giving you the same specs the other two have, with a non existent userbase, please make your games for our machine too
How could this shit work? If the gimmick isn't easy as fuck to implement and the second coming of the Wii sales wise then it's absolutely fucked. NX will get shafted and it will just be the Wii U 2.0
>>
>>321183780
Who fucking cares how powerful it is? What matters is if devs can code for it easily and if Nintendo first-party will be able to utilize it to its fullest potential. PS3 was powerful as fuck at the time but no one wanted to go through the hassle of coding for that thing. I'll stay lukewarm and skeptical on this as I have with everything else this early on.
>>
>>321189667
The PS4's gigantic install base is truly too much of an enticement for someone to throw their eggs in Nintendo's basket. Unless Nintendo really pull their pants down and entice 3rd pty, I can't see the NX succeeding.
>>
>>321189667
>why would a publisher release a game on nx but not on ps4?

They'll release on both, silly.
>>
>>321189667
>why would a publisher release a game on nx but not on ps4?

Ah yes, because the PS4 is hurting so bad with fuck-all for worthwhile exclusives. Over two dozen million PS4s and if Bloodborne was backed by a major third party publisher it would've been deemed a sales failure.

Every console gets pushed by people that buy annual fucking AAA multiplats. Once you get past that, Nintendo just needs to work on its bread and butter.
>>
>>321189834
this tbqh family
>>
>>321189661
Yeah, I'm sure everyone is going to love paying minimum $150 for limited support on games that can't be as graphically intense due to rendering multiple screens.
>>
File: PoplarYet.png (213 KB, 793x650) Image search: [Google]
PoplarYet.png
213 KB, 793x650
>>321189880
Yeah, I guess that works, too.
Still, if you're gonna have the same games as a superior machine that you already have, why buy the NX?
>>
This is infuriating. Everybody and their brother knows Nintendo needs to release a more powerful console that can actually get third party games or they're going to be in deep shit. But noooo...

WHY ARE JAPANESE COMPANIES SO GODDAMN STUBBORN
>>
File: 1434045450357.jpg (135 KB, 956x816) Image search: [Google]
1434045450357.jpg
135 KB, 956x816
>>321189661
Have you tried sucking my dick?

You can't say it's bad until you try.
>>
I can't see them being successful if they don't at least boast about being the most powerful console like Sony did with the PS4. It needs to have better specs than the PS4 which isn't even fucking hard to do.
>>
NX honestly needs to be beyond Xbone to flourish. It's being released mid console cycle. If they release it with "current" gen specs then it'll just be blown the fj k out the water a couple of years later when the PS4/Xbox 3.14195265 comes out.
>>
>>321189727
>they would still be doomed
That goes without saying.

They've been doomed since the 80's.
>>
>>321189978
Nintendo has always had the strongest first-party line-up. If they have that, all the other shit, and a way to play all that other shit with friends then I don't doubt they'll find some form of success. It's not like they'll have any competition at this point since everyone that wanted one has gotten a PS4 already.
>>
>>321183780
>CES 2016 in Las Vegas
I live in vegas and they offered staffing jobs last year but for the life of me they are either hiding them all or stopped doing it.

I got free usb dongles last year working for the event , looks like I won't be getting anymore.
>>
>>321190126
PS5 is still 6 years away though
>>
>>321189978
>if you're gonna have the same games as a superior machine that you already have, why buy the NX?
I don't have a PS4 yet because it would have been silly for somebody in my position to buy one before 2016/2017. If NX rivals it with Japanese 3rd party plus has new Nintendo games it's a VERY EASY purchase over PS4.

I could not care less about the garbage western studios churning out dredge for PS4. Bloodborne is the only thing I'm mildly interested in (Disgaea 5 doesn't look terribly great and I haven't finished the others anyway).

PS4 is a dudebro machine that charges for internet play.

If NX charges for internet play I'm just done with consoles in general probably.
>>
>>321190139
1880s, that is.
>>
>>321190285
Yes, their Napoleon cards were only successful because they pandered to Westaboos.
>>
>>321187731
>a bit

PS4 recks the boner so hard it's not even funny.
>>
Maybe the best scenario really is having a hybrid machine since they still get some support for handhelds and it will end the need to split their in house teams. But at the same time it will be a hard sell, you'll have a lot of games made by smaller developers that look no better than the current portable titles competing against AAA stuff.
>>
>>321190183

It's SUCH a stupid strategy, though, and how can Nintendo not see it?

If they released a console more powerful than the PS4, they would still have all their first party titles that everyone likes AND third party support for a change.

They would probably dominate PS4 and Xbone in a few years time.

But noooo... Fucking Jap companies, they don't listen to anyone.
>>
>>321190404
>so hard
Not really. Both are very underpowered but I'm coming from a PC perspective. They're both so far behind what would be considered middle of the line for 2015 that the gap between them is statistically irrelevant.

Just calling it like it is.
>>
>>321189935
Muh gfx
Faggot
>>
>>321190048
The elevens usually can't into international market brawling.
Sony makes some of the same mistakes but somehow they have a balancing half in their western branch.
>>
>>321190547
when your console is shitty, cumbersome, and underpowered, it means no third party games

nothing to do with "muh gfx"
>>
>>321190284
Hmm, I guess that's a really good point. I recently bought the PS4 because I found it new at a steal price, and because there's at least 6 games I want from 2016. If i had waited i would've paid at least 50% more than what i did.
But definitely, if Nintendo keeps the third parties they have right now like Bayonetta or Monhun, and gets multiplats plus their own IP's I can see it having a fair chance.
>>
>>321190048
>Just release the Gamecube 2
>releases Wii
>UR GAY FOR THIS
>dominates sales charts, biggest sales in forever

I'm pretty glad Nintendo does their own thing.

"fans" are retarded. They taught me to appreciate this with games like Super Mario Maker and Triforce Heroes.
>>
>>321190547
>"Oh wow, this game looks great!
>but wait
>the camera is lagging behind
>oh shit I just realized
>rendering two screens at once can actually be pretty demanding on a console.
>oh my god and it needs to be 60 fps.
>holy shit this game is really looking a few gens behind due to graphical limitations

I really think VR is the oddest thing to get popular, because I'm pretty sure the average consumer doesn't give two shits about it.
>>
>>321190820
>the average consumer doesn't give two shits about it.
I think it's the other way around.

Normies can be easily attracted with gimmicks.

For others, we actually need good games.
>>
>>321190820
>because I'm pretty sure the average consumer doesn't give two shits about it.
I guess you've never seen a normie try VR for the first time.
>>
File: 1439217560572.jpg (173 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
1439217560572.jpg
173 KB, 356x500
>>321190267
It'll be 4 or 5 by the time NX is out. It'll be underpowered by the time PS5 comes out and Nintendo would be shooting their selves in the foot if they made a competing console just 5 years after NX release. They need to at least make a machine marginally weaker than projected specs of nextgen consoles to not be blown out.
>>
>>321190976
>by the time PS5 comes out
On that thought.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11/24/sony-has-high-hopes-that-ps4-will-have-a-longer-life-cycle-than-ps3-unsure-if-itll-beat-ps2/

For the record PS3 had a 10 year life cycle and PS4 came in at 6 years in.

Conservative estimate would put a PS5 launch in 2021. Liberal estimate could be 2023.

At that point, NX would be 4 or 6 years respectively and Nintendo would be releasing NX 2 alongside (or just after) the PS5. All things being equal in terms of life cycles from Nintendo (5 years).
>>
>another underpowered piece of shit

TRASHED
>>
>>321190935
You're absolutely right, because literally 75% of people who buy gaming products barely know it exists.

>>321190932
It depends on the price tag. Kinect was able to get away with an $150 price tag, and it didn't cost anywhere near what a fucking oculus rift is going to cost just to manufacture.

Besides that, Oculus isn't a manufacturer, so they can't take cuts or afford to sell it at a loss. Sony might be able to with morpheus, but the absolute cheapest its going to be is $200.

I personally think VR is really cool and a neat gimmick...but it's going to cost $200+ and no gimmick is worth that kind of money without guaranteed support.
>>
>>321191285
So you don't play any consoles? You're missing out.
>>
>>321183780
Are they really planning to release console halfway trough 8th generation that is not significantly more powerful than competition? Who in their right mind would develop for that? By the time the developers learn SDK properly Sony and MS will start talking about new generation.

Why the hell is Nintendo playing catch-up again? Didn't they learn anything?
>>
File: 1447431553408.jpg (11 KB, 204x281) Image search: [Google]
1447431553408.jpg
11 KB, 204x281
Disregarding the freeform LCD controller patent and the freeform LCDs that Nintendo is buying for something, there were two other patents I found intriguing.

The first is the console without a disc drive. People figured that meant that Nintendo would be returning to cartridges or SSDs which wouldn't have the drawbacks of a disc. Less loading, no need to expand on that, you know what an SSD is.

People have been hypothesizing about the idea of a hybrid platform, especially after that thing about a game rendering at different graphical settings depending on whether or not something was attached.

But rather than a handheld-console hybrid platform, what I imagine is that this might be the ultimate manifestation of the expansion pak, like you saw with the N64.

NX 1 would be a console somewhere in the realm of the other 8th gen platforms, maybe closer to the Xbone side, or maybe closer to the PS4 side.

Now it's a staggered release, Nintendo coming in the middle of the generation.

But rather than needing to play catch-up, imagine once the 9th gen consoles are ready to make their debut, rather than a totally new platform, Nintendo unveils NX 2.0, sort of like a tower you can insert the older NX into that vastly upgrades its capabilities with a new set of parts, sort of like swapping out old PC parts with the new, but without actually swapping out parts.

They could release it as a comparatively inexpensive upgrade compared to a brand new console, and entice NX users to upgrade to the next generation at a smaller premium.

Then we return to the idea of the console rendering at different settings depending on what's attached. Imagine the entire NX library, or at least the Nintendo first party titles, having their "Remastered" edition built in.

Essentially sort of "generation-proofing" the NX despite releasing in the middle of one.
>>
>>321190976
Nintendo is still treating the wound of releasing a slightly-stronger Xbox 360 at the end of a generation. They are worse off continuing as they are now as opposed to making a new console.
>>
>X1 power level
>still no third party
>MK9 and a bunch of other "new" mario games
>censorship on every M title
>region lock
>some shitty gimmick
>300$

How likely NX will meet these terms?
>>
What were the last big console rumors that turned out to be true?
>>
>>321190471
Most likely a way to sell for a lower price than the competition. Makes it more viable for people like >>321190284 and those that would want another console. Hardware becomes exponentially cheaper over time so if they do make something on par with the Xboner, it'll probably be cheap as hell and without gimmicks or tricky coding, third parties might be more willing to port their multiplats over. Being more powerful than the PS4 would have been something they would have needed if they were releasing this at the same time as the PS4 but they aren't.
>>
>>321191294
>because literally 75% of people who buy gaming products barely know it exists.

>n-no, nobody knows about it I SWAAAARE!!!!

You're pretty fucking pathetic, you know that?
>>
>>321191515
I doubt it will get mortal kombat 9 but the rest is probably true

though they have said they're considering dropping region lock
>>
>>321191515
Going off of limited data.

>X1 power level
Likely
>still no third party
Unlikely

>MK9 and a bunch of other "new" mario games
Likely.

>censorship on every M title
Unlikely (keep in mind most people can only name 2 titles with this issue for Wii U)

>region lock
Unlikely.

>some shitty gimmick
Likely.

>300$
Unlikely, but this goes hand in hand with the "power" thing. If it's powerful it will be $300, if it isn't it won't be.
>>
>>321191729
Not him but you sound more pathetic based on your insanely butthurt reactions.
>>
>>321191768
>keep in mind most people can only name 2 titles with this issue for Wii U
Because Wii U have exactly two well-known M titles?
>>
File: 1448222961021.jpg (56 KB, 470x483) Image search: [Google]
1448222961021.jpg
56 KB, 470x483
>>321191902
>>
I can't believe the amount of idiots who keep saying "NX WILL HAVE STATE OF THE ART CHIPS AND HAVE BETTER GRAPHICS THAN PS4/XBONE IN A TWO YEARS!" when it will only be 2 years max before we get the PS5/Xbox 2 which will again upstage NX and segment nintendo into some underpowered niche that never gets ports as a result
>>
>>321191729
Can you show me the normie hype for Oculus Rift? Because I have DOZENS of normie friends on facebook and I have never once seen a post about VR aside from a journalist I know.

It may not flop, but pretending it's going to be the next big thing is going you leave you very disappointed.
>>
File: 1123.jpg (83 KB, 800x1138) Image search: [Google]
1123.jpg
83 KB, 800x1138
I'm only gonna get the NX when Smash comes out. If the Wii U taught me anything, Nintendo consoles are Smash machines, and SSB4 is literally the only game I keep coming back to. I haven't played any other Wii U game for longer than 2 weeks tops.

Also, the NX controller better be similar to the pro controller or allow pro controller support. My muscle memory for it is too strong.
>>
>>321189780

What does that have do to with my post?

>>321189935

As expected, most people hating on vr are just desperate poorfags who don't want to be left behind. You WILL be left behind, VR is fucking amazing and will change technology, not just games, gear VR is already out and what little it can do is great, soon shit like 360 streaming will take off and you will even be able to experience E3 from a 360 stream in front of the stage. Not just games will benefit from VR, even shit like watching a movie full screen in your eyes is incredibly immersive.
>>
>>321191902
Bayonetta 1 and 2 are fine.

>okay but name more
What's your point here? Also Xenoblade X is a T game, as is Fatal Frame V, so no M rated games were "censored" on Wii U.

If you wanna whine about no M rated games showing up, ask 3rd party why they are incapable of porting things over to it.

It's because they don't have an easy power source so they can avoid doing better work.
>>
>>321190820
>because I'm pretty sure the average consumer doesn't give two shits about it.

Gear VR got sold out on amazon in minutes.

VR is the next wii, only normies can actually use it for something other than shitty waggle games.
>>
>>321191729
>Hey, I think VR is cool!
>And since I know about it, everyone does!

You are not everyone anon. PC as a platform is a fairly small chunk of the gaming market. Reliable, but small.

Do you honestly think most fucking PC's can handle smooth VR when the average graphics card registered on steam is Intel HD?
>>
>>321192069
>Nintendo consoles are Smash machines
4 U.

That game didn't even sell that hot.

I'd be more accurate calling Wii U a Splatoon machine.
>>
>>321192193
In Japan, maybe.
>>
>>321192094
Anon, I'm not one to make a fuss of these things but both Fatal Frame and Xenoblade were censored. Xenoblade stopped you from dressing up girls sexy and took away the boob slider yes, the thing the autists were complaining about and Fatal Frame had several outfits removed.
>>
The big question on my mind is is, will the NX have Wii U game compatibility?

Even if the hardware is too different, it's technically not too hard for them, they just have to code an emulator and connect the old gamepad. They probably won't do this though
>>
>>321192295
>both Fatal Frame and Xenoblade were censored
Both were T games, I'm not arguing they weren't censored.

He said M rated though.
>>
Xbox One tech would easily suffice for Nintendo. They can pull off great stuff on the underpowered Wii U already. And it would at least get some multiplats this way, though I bet there will still be popularity issues.
>>
File: 11111.jpg (64 KB, 456x642) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
64 KB, 456x642
>>321192094
>Fatal Frame 5
>a T game
>>
>>321190471

Just like the cube right bro?
>>
>>321192036
>Because I have DOZENS of normie friends on facebook
>dozens is literally the WORLD, guys! I swear!

You know you can literally go on the internet and find videos of normies trying VR right now? They hype as shit about it.

>>321192173
>PC as a platform is a fairly small chunk of the gaming market.
>P-please ignore the literal fact that Sony is making their own VR for the PS4, it doesn't support my argument!
>>
>>321192324
I doubt they can pull emulation with whatever affordable APU they're going with.
>>
>>321192074
>VR is fucking amazing and will change technology, not just games

the amount of desperation here is kinda depressing.
>>
>>321192483

Really? Because it seems the poorfag who want VR to fail just because they're too poor to afford it and don't want to be left behind seem like the true desperate ones.

You know, the same ones who participate in console war threads because they're too poor to afford every console.
>>
>>321192324

Same here. I'm not too optimistic that NX will be backwards comaptible, but I really hope it is. Wii U is the first console I actually started making digital purchases, and if they are all going to be locked onto this wii u forever, without even an account system to transfer to another wii u, I will never buy another eshop purchase again. I also think the gamepad is my favorite controller of all time, and I love off tv play. If Nintendo could even somehow get NX games to have off tv play with the gamepad as an optional accessory, I'd instabuy the console, but like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>321192164
Samsung VR is significantly cheaper than OR or PM is going to be. Not to mention it's not rendering two near-1080p screens at once.

I really don't think most rigs will be able to handle VR properly, as a good experience is a rock solid 60fps. And I doubt people want their interactive waifus looking low-poly when giving them a handjob.
>>
>>321192482
Yeah but they almost always had backwards compatibility... It would also be a great way to get the leftover Wii U titles off shelves

We just know too little about the NX at this time
>>
>>321192582
Let me ask you.

What percentage of PC gaming market do you think has 4k devices?

I'm really curious to see if your delusion carries over or if it's solely reserved for VR.
>>
>>321192425
Sony will be lucky if people buy it, because there's no way it's going to be less than $200.
>>
>>321183780
Showing dev. builds is now akin to some secret rumor factory. You guys are fuckin children
>>
>>321192701
>It doesn't count because I said so!

Somehow I knew you'd say that.
>>
File: Salt Lick.png (80 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
Salt Lick.png
80 KB, 318x470
>>321192709
>you guys are fucking children
>>
>>321192615

I said VR will be the next big thing, not oculus rift.

Samsung VR is the perfect VR for normies, it allows them to do what they want to use VR for and OR will be for the enthusiasts who want to go to the next level.

VR is big because it will be like what consoles were for videogames at the time, everyone did it, with varying degrees of sucess, but the point is consoles stuck around, so will VR.
>>
>>321183780
Both
Wii U SDK was also several times more powerful than the end product since they had to switch out hardware in the last minute because devs reported that wii us were destroyed by overheating.
>>
File: NX V4.5.png (2 MB, 2901x2680) Image search: [Google]
NX V4.5.png
2 MB, 2901x2680
Here's hoping.
>>
>>321183780
Who cares? Nintendo's game consoles are irrelevant. We might aswell be talking about the new and improved Ouya.
>>
>>321192660
>What percentage of PC gaming market do you think has 4k devices?

You're completely fucking retarded did you know that?

Google gear VR, retard.

>Gaming will never catch on! you need to spend THOUSANDS on a computer just to play games, the general population doesn't care enough about games to do it
>what are consoles?

OR is not the only VR device, Gear VR already exists, guess what, it sold out in minutes. There will be different VR devices for different kinds of consumers, there will be cheaper version for consoles, while PC has the most extensive and customisable one, just like it has always been.

The fact there are already this many consumer options means VR IS the next big thing.
>>
>>321192582
>it seems the poorfag who want VR to fail just because they're too poor to afford it
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT PROJECTION

Anon, VR looks fucking amazing. But you're honestly telling me the PC cheapskates who buy games for pocket change for their budget laptop that can't run skyrim will run not one, but two 1080p screens that should be running, minimum, 60 fps after buying the thing for minimum $200.
>>
>>321192638

I think the wii u might be different enough that they will just scrap the BC though, it's the problem with designing an entire console around some gimmick.

It's the same thing that makes me worry about my digital 3ds collection. If nintendo ever makes a handheld that doesn't have two screens, there goes my entire collection of digital games
>>
>>321192956
399$ bundle?
would buy
>>
>>321191767
Most retarded man alive
>>
>>321193016
>Google gear VR, retard.
lol are you serious, nigger?
>>
>>321193072
>If nintendo ever makes a handheld that doesn't have two screens, there goes my entire collection of digital games

Your 3DS will still probably work.
>>
>>321192980

This to be honest.
They're limping to the barn and they've already said they plan to abuse Amiibo more. That's a bad sign to everyone except the autists who hoard them
>>
>>321193016
>The fact there are already this many consumer options means VR IS the next big thing.

Proprietary games could damage all VR devices.

>won't address the point
It's because you know that market penetration for 4k is weak. VR is more gimmicky though to be sure.
>>
They'll need a strong launch lineup to compete. No one is going to buy this when they are at a two year deficit in terms of game roster.
>>
>>321193016
You do understand Gear VR is literally just a piece of plastic, right? There are no screens or gyroscope in it.

Vive, OR, and PM are all gyroscopic Quad-HD helmets.
>>
>>321193016
Just like 3D was the next big thing after Avatar, right?
>>
I don't understand, why do rumour threads about the next consoles of the three companies always hit bump limit, what do you guys discuss?Or do you just shitpost about console wars?
>>
>>321192804
Just because you trick normies into buying something for 6months doesn't make it big or relevant. wiimote games died overnight when normies found a new shiny thing to jump to.
>>
>>321189889
This.
Bu....Bu...MUH AAA

Third parties!!
In the immortal words of Vilos Cohaagen.
"Fuck em".
>>
>>321193054

>VR
>IS
>OR
>THERE IS NO OTHER VR DEVICE ON THE MARKET
>ABSOLUTELY NONE
>VR IS EXCLUSIVELY ONE EXPENSIVE DEVICE WITH RETARDED SYSTEM REQS!

When will this meme die holy shit.

You can literally buy a gear vr, stream visual novels to your phone, and experience VR novels (since the delay makes other games unplayable), and that's just for $99.

VR is not a single device you fucking retard, stop pretending it is, the average population will use VR for videos, not games, VR has way more uses than just games.
>>
>>321192804
VR is the next moon shoes.
>>
>>321192036

>thinking normies experience hype or keep up with development cycles

Normies dont know things exist until commericals tell them it does. Even then 9 times out of 10 they have no clue. Them not following the development of the rift or following its development is an indication of absolutely nothing. Normies love technology leaps and futuristic ideas. VR is going to be big with them, just not until its been out for awhile and had a chance to make its rounds through their social circles.

Seriously, don't underestimate a normie's ability to be remain ignorant. Not even 2 weeks ago I was chatting with a co-worker about movies and mentioned I was looking forward to star wars, and he told me he was excited for it too and was also waiting for the hobbit sequel. Not the third movie, mind you, he was waiting for the second hobbit movie to release in theatres. He was flabbergasted when I told him that the entire trilogy was finished last year.
>>
>>321193072

Your 3ds will not magically stop working, my original GB still works just fine to this day.
>>
>>321192709
>You guys are fuckin children
there's literally nothing wrong with fucking children
>>
>>321192763
But I said it did count, and that I don't think people will buy something at a $200 price tag.
>>
>>321193216
>Gear VR is literally just a piece of plastic, right?

Why in the fuck do people talk about shit they have no clue about?

Like it's amazing. The more retarded a person is, the more he has opinion about a subject he has no clue about, like, they wont ever bother to do a 10 second google search, it's truly amazing desu.
>>
>>321193274
1 or 2 good arguments, 10 arguments that get repeated throughout the same thread because people just join without reading the thread
>>
>>321193146

But I'm not going to want to bring two handhelds around with me. Like I said, I've only recently started buying digital games, and nintendo has doen right by letting wii and DS games transfer up. But as soon as they stop, is as soon as I stop buying digital games, becasue at least physical games I can sell if they become a burden, or I can easily play physical games on a different 3ds/wii u without dealing with nintendo's bullshit non account system
>>
>>321193261

Nope, 3D doesn't work for a huge chunk of the population due to it requiring perfect vision. VR doesn't require such thing, your vision translates to the device, if you have shitty vision, well, you'll still have shitty vision using VR, if you have good vision, you'll have good vision using VR. Your vision wont completely break the thing and make it pointless, like 3D does. That is why 3D was just a fad.
>>
>>321183780
nx similar to xone so 2016-2020 ninty games 900p and 30fps you did it again ninty!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>321193419
It's true though. You need a Samsung phone to do anything with it.
>>
>>321193298
oh my god

you are something special

GEAR VR IS A PIECE OF PLASTIC

THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING YOU CAN DO WITH IT YOU CAN'T DO WITH GOOGLE CARDBOARD

IT'S ALL IN THE FUCKING PHONE YOU DUNCE

The HD-screen, the graphical chip, gyroscope: that's all the phone. Not the gear VR.

The Vive will be minimum $200. The OR will be minimum $200. Project Morpheus will be minimum $150.

also
>visual novel games
>the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>VR has way more uses than just games.
Oh I bet. Go right ahead and name them
>>
>>321193503
>But I'm not going to want to bring two handhelds around with me

You have a valid point but goddamn, how much are you fucking playing when you leave the house that you need your entire library on hand?
>>
>>321193559
Gee, it's easy to talk AFTER it failed, huh.
>>
>>321189646
they already have a underpowered console now and it costs more than a ps4 so the nx has to be a raspberry pi in a box
>>
>>321193298
Oh yeah, look at this technology
>>
>>321193358

Original gameboy did not have a digital marketplace.

Until Nintendo at least gets some kind of account system in place where you can easily redownload your games to a new device by logging in, I think they have a responsibility to ensure future systems are BC.

Like I said, if they don't, I'll stop buying, those are my personal terms
>>
>Nintendo NX would be similar to the Xbox One.

Alright, pack it up boys, we're done here.
>>
>>321193503
>without dealing with nintendo's bullshit non account system
They're overhauling that.

You haven't heard about Nintendo Account or MyNintendo?
>>
>>321193419
But anon you have you have a samsung galaxy S6 and those are more than most budget rigs cost.

Not to mention it's seriously just a charging station with a scroll-wheel on it.
>>
Why do people only believe rumors if they say the NX will be shit?
>>
>>321193298
You seem insane.
>>
>>321193559
>good vision

You don't need perfect vision to experience 3D. I have fairly shitty vision, but a couple movies were great 3D experiences. What makes 3D movies so shitty IS THEY DIM THE FUCKING COLOR

Like FUCK someone got paid to fucking color correct the film SO DON'T FUCK IT UP BY DIMMING THE SCREEN
>>
>>321193638

>GEAR VR IS A PIECE OF PLASTIC

Then where did the lenses come from? Did they magically theleport to the "piece of plastic"? Are they secretly inside the phone and magically teleport to the gear VR allowing you to actually use it close to your eyes to begin with? The mistery deepens.
>>
>>321193419
>desu
Fuck off weeb. I don't listen to weebs to be honest.
>>
>>321193962

Not quite as insane as the people pretending no other device besides the oculus exists and VR will fail because no one cares about the oculus or something.

This is like the very first cellphone coming out and people saying "it will never catch on, too expensive".
>>
>>321193649

Well the advantage of digital is that you can have all of your library with you at once, so if you do get an urge to play a different game, you don't have to carry around cartridges.

But like I said, if I'm in the mood to play one 3ds game, and one 4ds game, I have to bring two handhelds. I have too much invested in my 3ds right now, like a dozen retail digital games, and tons of eshop/virtual console shit. I'm not going to want to buy any future nintendo handhelds if nintendo is going to force me to choose between my entire digital library on one system, versus an expensive new one
>>
>>321193298
>>VR IS EXCLUSIVELY ONE EXPENSIVE DEVICE WITH RETARDED SYSTEM REQS!

>project morpheus
>960×1080 per eye

>oculus rift
>1080×1200 per eye

>HTV vive
>1080x1200 per eye

looks pretty damn similar to me.
>>
>>321194174
The cellphone offered more than VR is offering.
>>
File: 1434725053484.png (23 KB, 512x262) Image search: [Google]
1434725053484.png
23 KB, 512x262
>>321190404

33% at best and even then both are incredibly low powered. The only real difference was Sony's marketing (Paid and free).

They hit 1080P, sure. But Fucking awful FXAA, billinear texture filtering and post process motion blur to cover it up for a god awful image quality? People are fucking retarded and fall for marketing.
>>
>>321194046
Wow so they're like a big pair of glasses! Holy shit, technology at work here! This is the future!
>>
>>321194020
>You don't need perfect vision to experience 3D
even when the googles allow to keep the glasses it's horrible. glasses over glasses never work
>>
>>321193795

>>Original gameboy did not have a digital marketplace.

So? did you even understand my post? I was talking about the fact that you will still have your 3ds to play those games, it will not disappear just because you bought a new toy.
>>
>>321190932
Dude, VR is a fucking joke. No amount of subtle shilling of it in multiple arenas or trying to talk people into thinking it's cool or anything like that will change the basic flaws with it.

1.It's a highly solitary. Even in fantasy stories where VR is actuall possible and bullshit tier advanced it's always used as a way to interract with other people.
2.It's going to be fucking expensive. That's a detriment.
3.No killer app at all. No seriously. No fucking killer apps. The wii had multiple killer apps, the DS had multiple killer apps.
VR has nothing but empty promises and bullshit.

And let's be honest. The kinect and xb1 combo has more potential then VR does right now or for the forseeable future.

Their killer app was augmented reality, what they chose to go with? Enforced online bullshit and television.

It deserved to shit the bed and die.
>>
>>321194232
>33% at best
I hope you realize how massive that is
>>
>>321194046
>our high-tech lenses will surely make VR more immersive
>it's not just a screen protector
>>
>>321193638
>Oh I bet. Go right ahead and name them

The #1 use of VR is going to be military based and this can't even be argued. Once cheap and widely available, VR is going to be common in schooling and in the workplace as well once teachers and employers can utilize the technology to substitute real life experience with situational simulations and training.

Video games are going to be a big part of the technology, no doubt, but virtual reality has far more applications than just it.
>>
>>321194230

If you think about it, not at all.

>Can call
>...
>and send messages? (could the very first cellphone even send messages?)

VR in its current state offers way more than the first cellphone did, which only had one function, and it will keep evolving.
>>
>>321194323
>It's a highly solitary
People will use it across the internet for all kinds of shit most likely.

Although local co-op is totally out of the question, but that's how most Non-Nintendo games are now days.

>2.It's going to be fucking expensive. That's a detriment.

No argument there.

>3.No killer app at all

Indeed, I said as much above.

>>321189227

Doesn't mean it won't EVER take off though. For the immediate future it's not really much.
>>
>>321194264
Speaking as someone who has worn glasses since he was 11, it works it's just uncomfortable. The color being dimmed is what makes my autism boil.
>>
RUMOR: THE NX IS GOING TO BE A GIGANTIC FLOP

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS
>>
>>321194242

>Say stupid shit
>Prove it's wrong
>haha i make fun of your argument haha

This is embarrassing.
>>
>>321194440
what does a VR add to military that a screen doesn't? nothing. At least augmented reality can have some social use to transmit info. VR, not so much
>>
>>321194274

Did you not understand my post? Nintendo will practically be making me choose between two handhelds because I'm not going to bring both around with me. Previous systems had one generation of BC for precisely that reason, and even your two generation old games you could just sell because they were physical. People have more invested in their 3dses than ever before because the digital marketplace, we can't sell the games, so just becaue my 3ds is still working doesn't mean it's still going to get brought along with a 4ds.

So I just won't buy a 4ds, because I have hundreds of dollars of games I would literally have to carry around a second brick to play
>>
Nintendo is like that guy in poker that only makes a bet when he has aces and stays in until there are only 3 players left and people wonder how he's still there but they shrug him off and watch the other guys.
>>
>>321194464
I can't wait to spend $500 on the next VR machine! It will have the ability to press buttons!
>>
>>321194464
>(could the very first cellphone even send messages?)
When it became popular that was the #1 selling point, yeah.That and having th snake mini game.
>>
>>321187976
>Not to mention they are a banned site on NeoGAF as well
That's because neofag hates anything that isn't sony.
Also, who are you quoting?
>>
>>321194567
>what does a VR add to military that a screen doesn't? nothing

Situational awareness and 1:1 reflexes.
>>
>>321188668

>remember the PC's at E3 for PS4 & xbone games?

fix'd
>>
>xbone
>this late in the game
It's as if they want it to die on arrival
>>
>>321194520
cause you assume I don't wear glasses? Are you retarded? I have myopia, quit stong actually, and with another device over my glasses it's impossible for the glasses to stay at the right place so half of my vision goes bluddy, and that's without horrible chromatic aberration created by the 2 glasses and light.
>>
>>321183780
So…another underpowered uncompetitive console with a non existent online experience
>>
>>321194556
What you did is obviously nitpicking. Again, what's the difference between a pair of glasses and Gear VR? They're both made of plastic with a pair of lenses.
>>
>>321194440
>VR is going to be common in schooling
VR is not nearly as cheap as a book is anon. You're thinking of some fantasy world where we actually have money for education.

Hell, VR is probably less accurate and more expensive than actually DOING the thing you'd be simulating.
>>
>>321194808
>non existent online experience
Describes PSN despite people paying for it.
>>
>>321194331

The difference between the 360 and PS3 was 25% in 360's favor in overall specs and both using top level hardware
The Difference between Gamecube and PS2 was 50% in GC's favor in overall specs using top level hardware
The difference between the Xbox huge and PS2 was 100% in overall specs using top level hardware

33% between two low powered APU's is pretty pathetic. Especially since one's 900P because of a retarded memory cache choice than GPU (Both GPU's are bad choices)

The only ones who still believe the "Massive difference" are Sony fanboys angry that low level PC's are kicking the shit out of the PS4 and need something to blame. Both are low powered APU's and some people can't accept it.
>>
Who would even buy it after the Wii U?
>>
>>321194809
>what's the difference between a pair of glasses and Gear VR?

If you can make a pair of glasses that allows you to strap your phone to the front of your face for a VR experience with less than 100 bucks, nothing.

Too bad you can't.
>>
>>321185981
Nigga, the Wii U is dead in the water, you'll get Star Fox and Zelda(which will also be on NX) and that's it.
>>
>>321185515

>kinda want a Wii U after all the games out for it
>definitely not going to get one now that NX is coming

one can only hope that NX will have backwards compatibility, but devs forgot how to do that in recent times.
>>
>>321194567
>what does a VR add to military that a screen doesn't? nothing.

Bring this stupid really should be illegal.
>>
>>321194915
Never buy Nintendo hardware until they shift to 7 year gens
>>
>>321194807
You said glasses over glasses never works. I disagree. That's all.
>>
>>321193295
Wiimote games died because nintendo simply stopped fucking trying and decided to rest on their laurels.
They litterally fucking gave up.
If they had at the very least pushed the wii as a second console while continuing to push the wiiu the wii woudl be sitting at 200+ million right now and their digital sales for both cosoles would have been ridiculous
>>
Idk who Nintendo thinks they are, but I am certainly not paying full-price for a new console when I just got one two years ago.

As a life-long Nintendo fan, they need a reality check, hard and ruthless
>>
>>321194925

If NX is BC then it's a win/win

If NX isn't BC then I'd still say it's absolutely worth owning a wii u for. If you're fine waiting, I'd just wait for another price drop/some extremely good game bundle.

I'd personally say that anyone that didn't get the $250 splatoon/smash bundle missed out, but more patient people can wait for even better deals I suppose
>>
Why don't Nintendo just sell a PC with Nintendo logo slapped on it? People ITT make it sound like it'll be dirt cheap it will double the performance of PS4. Just like those Steam boxes.
>>
>>321194226
>>project morpheus
>>960×1080 per eye

Probably less than 60 fps

>>oculus rift
>>1080×1200 per eye

Not final version
Consumer version may have 4k.

>>HTV vive
>>1080x1200 per eye

Not final version
It may have 4K
>>
>>321195172
Ok
>>
File: 1353345649329.jpg (28 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
1353345649329.jpg
28 KB, 297x297
Oh shit.
What the fuck.
Someone post the fucking NX leak on /v/ that said his proof would be Nintendo unveiling the NX during CES.
It was the thread about that DisneyxMario platformer.
>>
>>321194847

I like how you had to purposely leave out the part where it said once cheap and widely available so that you could argue something that was never implied. Are you truly so desperate for human interaction that you have to resort to this kind of behavior just to bait replies?
>>
>>321195252
It may have 8k as well.
It may also cost 2000$.
>>
>>321195252
and how do you propose people run fucking 4k?

4k has almost no support right now, Vive and Rift won't do that. Not to mention it'll make the price fucking skyrocket.
>>
>>321195172

Even though I know it's a lie, that's why they are saying that it's a "third pillar" and they won't abandon loyal wii u owners.

Pretyt sure it's bullshit though. It makes me wary of any other nintendo consoles if they are just going to abandon it after 4 years. Hell even the wii u got abandoned kind of early. There was a long gap between wii and wii u where nintendo just stopped making games, and we had to kick and scream for months just to get a limited xenoblade release
>>
>>321195172
Well you waited 1 year to get the Wii-U, so wait a year after NX launch to get the NX too.
>>
>>321195325
I sure remember when 1080p screens became widely affordable in public schools.
oh wait
>>
>>321195362
>4k has almost no support right now

>having higher resolution support removes the possibility of having lower resolutions supported at all
>>
>>321192980
>Who cares? Nintendo's game consoles are irrelevant.

This is someone who wants to play Nintendo properties on a Sony system
>>
>>321195398
To be fair, 7 years is a long time for an underpowered console to be kicking.
>>
>>321192074
>watching a movie full screen in your eyes is incredibly immersive

You do realize that's practically impossible considering the way movies are made these days (or rather since their inception)?
>>
>>321195492
>hey look at this product, it's 4k!
>oh but there's nothing that uses 4k now so you'll be paying 2000$ for the same resolutions you already have
Genius!
>>
So 200 dollar box with Xbone level power, but none of the terrible design that holds it back, like MIcrosoft's retarded RAM design? If they can get that, they can launch their shit successfully this time. I'm expecting 250 at the most for the system.
>>
>>321195492
You're not thinking logically anon.

Of course you can have lower resolutions, but why the hell raise the base price for something that 90% of your market won't be able to use? 4k screens are also going for, quite literally, 3 times the price of 1080p monitors.

Raising your price by (minimum) $100 just for 4k is shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>321195639

They could run same GPU specs as Xbone and hit 1080P as long as they don't retard the CPU and memory. But then it sounds like they want to come in low so they can sell their cloud co-processor box as well.
>>
>>321194694
Nigga, you're confusing reality with metal gear solid.

Virtual reality is not even in the same zipcode as advanced as even that.
It's not as fast and it's not as fluid.
It can only ONLY be used as a training tool for piloting and shit.
That's it.
Even then..that's like...a decade away.
>>
>>321196006
Not to mention it's probably cheaper just to build a custom pilot simulator for multiple students than a graphical program without physical feedback.
>>
>LOL DED IN THE WATER
>Same power as the current gen, but much cheaper, likely releasing next holiday season.

If PS5 was coming any time before 2020 I would agree. If anything, this puts Sony and Microsoft in a sort of Dreamcast situation.

>Nintendo releases NX
>4 or so years go by and Sony and Microsoft release their system.
>Nintendo now has 1-2 years to release a more powerful system for the same price or cheaper.
>>
>>321195856
>You're not thinking logically anon.

But anon, future-proofing is incredibly logical. 4k will become mainstream, why limit your product so heavily?
>>
>>321196189
>much cheaper
Like Nintendo would sell anything without a considerable profit margin.
>>
>>321195434

I sure remember how 1080p screens could completely erase the need for full-time teachers, internships, etc.

What were you even thinking when writinf this shit?
>>
>>321196196
>why limit your product so heavily?

Because the damn thing is already Quad-HD and those screens cost like $100 just by-themselves. Putting in 4K triples that price and that's not including the gryscope or manufacturing fee. People are not going to pay over 300 bucks for this device.
>>
>>321195973
Well luckly for Nintendo, mobile CPU technology has advanced past 2010.
>>
>>321183780

Neither
>>
>>321196336
>I sure remember how VR goggles could completely erase the need for full-time teachers, internships, etc.

>What were you even thinking when writinf this shit?
>>
>>321196354
>People are not going to pay over 300 bucks for this device.
You don't understand normie hype. Once these things come out and word of mouth gets around, they'll buy it in droves.

Normies buy the hell out of less useful things that cost $500 just because people hype it.
>>
File: 1355493472864.png (173 KB, 329x290) Image search: [Google]
1355493472864.png
173 KB, 329x290
>>321196196
>future-proofing
>>
>>321183780
>So, who do you believe? Nintendo Enthusiast or the WSJ?

Both comments aren't mutually exclusive. You could have someone saying that the machine is weaker than the Xbone and that (compared to the Wii U) the NX has the "latest architectures of GPU and CPU" (key word being architecture).

It is more likely going to be another underpowered console.
>>
>>321196196

Lol no
>>
>>321196327
The ps4 and xb1 are off the shelf laptops wrapped around a souped up mid tier graphics card.
They were profitable on release.
It probably costs them both around 75 bucks per console.
Nintendo can do it cheaper more energy efficent and work more smoothly for as much if not far less then that and have naught but games designed perfectly around utilizing every bit of their consoles power and or unique hardware.
>>
>>321196453

They can though. Easily. But you know that and are just baiting for replies so this is the last (you) I'm giving you. Cherish it.
>>
>>321196681
>>321196774
>the same /v/ that whines about graphics also whines about the concept of supporting future graphics upgrades
>>
>>321194672
That is a retarded statement, even more when last year GOTY poll on GAF had 3 Nintendo games as the best 3 Games of the year.
>>
>>321194925
>one can only hope that NX will have backwards compatibility
Im sure Nintendo already said it will be

even more now that S and M are trying to jump into the backwards bandwagoon. as they see new games and remaster are not going into the market fast enough to supply demand
>>
>>321196189
Yeah the 10 year life cycle Sony started and Microsoft copied sort of bones them.
>>
>>321196915
How about thinking rationally and buying it when there is actual support and doesnt cost you a pretty penny
>>
>>321196915
>buy 4k screen now for 1000$
>when 4k gets properly supported and 4k screens become affordable 8k screens start being sold
>buy 8k screen for 2000$
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>321196837
I don't think you understand. If they're playing catch up, there's not much they can do differently than Sony and Microsoft without alienating 3rd parties yet again. It's still too early to pick a revision of that dreadful APU without raising costs.
>>
Who the fuck likes Nintendo these days? I'm not even trying to start shit, I'm just wondering when is it enough to overpay for a gimmicky console just to play your favorite game series, which is being held hostage by said overpriced console.

I bought a Wii just for Brawl, which I don't regret since some of the most fun I've had with Smash was modifying that game (because the base game was shit, but that's another thread). I can't do the same for Smash 4 because I'd have to buy the game, the console, GC controller adapter AND character DLC if I want all characters. That's like, what, almost $500? And it's just for that one game.

It's ridiculous. If the next Nintendo console relies on gimmicks again, they're actually fucking dead and may as well stick to handhelds.
>>
>>321197083
>>321197147
Yeah, fuck the people that buy it early, they're literal fucking faggots for supporting this literal meme garbage.
>>
>>321196618
I just don't think the hype will be there anon. You have to remember there's already an entry barrier since you need a rendering device to run the thing.

THat means you need a PS4 (min $300) or a gaming PC (anywhere from $400-$1500)

toss that on top of the cost of the goggles (probably 250 bucks) and you're paying 550 for what is a glorified camera mod.
>>
>>321196189
>If PS5 was coming any time before 2020 I would agree. If anything, this puts Sony and Microsoft in a sort of Dreamcast situation.

That doesn't make sense. Both the Xbone and specially the PS4 will be on much more high level of sales and have more likely reached maturity at that point. If Nintendo release a xbone powered console next year it will have to fight a battle against 2 consoles with a lot of games already out that are being sold for $250 during the holidays and most likely with a pricecut to $300 already a reality and maybe with a 1TB drive.

Nintendo has no way to catch up with them, even if they release the NX for $200 and with third party support at that point in the generation price point isn't that much of a deal. Look at the Gamecube and their $99 strategy, that surely made them won the generation.
>>
>>321196865
>There are lots of reasons!
>lists none of them
>>
>>321197389
>overpriced console
Nigga wut?
This shit only cost $300 at most and thats bundle price.
I bought mine refurbished for $200 and it works perfectly
>>
>>321196196
>4k will become mainstream
SD to HD leap within 7th gen alone was a miracle (and a bet Nintendo lost).

If devs struggle on $$$$ time and perfomance at 1080, 4K is nothing viable till 2020 at best
>>
>>321196618
What hype are you talking about? Sure as hell the Wii U didn't have any hype at all. Sure as hell the PS4 sold better even though it was more expensive than a Wii U with 2 games. Sure as hell the Xbone sold better than the Wii U despite being almost $200 more expensive than a Wii U.
>>
>>321197239
Dude, seriously.
If nintendo puts out a console as powerful as current gen for and they do the heaviliy modified and stripped down digital only 3DS without 3D gimmicks as a controller thing while allowring the 2DS and 3DS to be used as controllers.
AND have their own games that fully utilized the potential of this new paradigm.

They can tell 99% of the entire fucking major pubs to go eat a dick.

They could write their own damned rules and sell their own software at their own pace.
Espescilly if it's backwardsly compatible and the they make a big deal about the controllers being their own handheld console that lets them download free games, ad games from mcdonalds, amiibo functionality and go online and watch youtube videos and what not.

It's all pure fucking cash.

Of the major pubs on the market right now, I honestly only see 5-10 games they actually need to make that system work and NONE of them are the Dudebro games that keep the ps4 and xb1 afloat.
>>
>>321197389
I like Wii U a lot more than Wii. Also I skipped the Gamecube generation pretty much.

PC and Wii-U represent like 90% of my playing video games these days. They offer different things.

PS4 and Xbox One don't offer me much.
>>
>>321197837
>Of the major pubs on the market right now, I honestly only see 5-10 games they actually need to make that system work and NONE of them are the Dudebro games that keep the ps4 and xb1 afloat.

Are you fucking insane? Then the NX will nothing more than a Wii U 2.0 and will barely sell 15M in 4 years. Nintendo needs the dudebro games, it needs sport games, otherwise the only audience that will ever give a shit about their consoles are the same audience that keep buying their consoles and are shrinking every generation.
>>
>>321197586
You act as if they are competing for the same handful of KORE GAYMERS or something.

Nintendo got burned by that and those pubs. They're more then likely disregarding sony and ms this time around and doubling down on what they are failing miserably at.

Attracting kids, families, women, bored nostalgia gamers, being a multiplayer console, and being budget friendly for all involved. That and being friendly to none AAA devs.

There is a vast untapped potential market of customers out there. One that they have failed to excite with their anemic offerings.
Many of them are more then satified with last gen ps360 games and have no plans of buying the ps4 or xb1.
>>
>>321197792
The leap to HD during the 7th gen wouldnt' have happened without the popularity that the wii brought to the fucking 7th gen in the first place.
>>
>>321198515
>There is a vast untapped potential market of customers out there. One that they have failed to excite with their anemic offerings.
>Many of them are more then satified with last gen ps360 games and have no plans of buying the ps4 or xb1.

No there isn't. Not in a world post smartphones.

If you look at the sales data of the PS4/XB1/Wii U the entire market is on decline. You can only see grow if you take out of the equation Wii and Wii U. That means that the core segment of the market is growing (PS4 is currently capitalizing most of the grow) but the decline from Wii -Wii U it means that there is a market that is gone. And that market is the "casual" market the non gamer market that bought a Wii between 2006 and 2009. Wii U is selling like shit and comparative it will do worse than the Gamecube in almost every region.

Nintendo current fans (and only market) in the console space are mostly old Nintendo fans, there is almost no new market or blood into their marketshre. So if Nintendo wants to compete with Mobiles, they are going to lose, The only possibility is for them either compete with Sony or MS head on for the "core" consumer or basically release a Wii U 2.0 and get happy if they ever sell 10M consoles.
>>
>>321185515
All good shit coming out at the console's death time anyway.
>>
>>321198682
What? The Wii was an SD system.
>>
File: Your ass.jpg (50 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Your ass.jpg
50 KB, 300x225
>>321198682
>Source: my ass
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.