[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not even a full month after release >No one talks about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg (396 KB, 729x839) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg
396 KB, 729x839
>Not even a full month after release
>No one talks about it anymore
>Not a single award nor nominations from big gaming websites

What went wrong?
>>
Just me honest opinion here.

Somewhat fun decent game, but terrible Fallout game. It's like they took Fallout and just made a casual mess out of it to gain a wider/younger audience. I played it for a few days after release and honestly haven't had the urge to pick it back up at all.
>>
>>321178282
waiting for mods
>>
>>321178429
>I played it for a few days after release and honestly haven't had the urge to pick it back up at all.
Exactly the same for me, my gf and my friends. It was simply a very bad entry in the series.
>>
Yep, played about ~25 hours before going back to another game. They definitely broadened it's appeal and simplified it immensely. Just wasn't interesting enough, and the goddamn missions were so repetitive. Especially fucking Preston Garvey. "Go here and kill this. Oh, you're back? I've got another thing for you to do!" Incompetent nigger.
>>
>>321178282
It's shit.
>>
We've spent 3 weeks picking apart what went wrong how many more times do we have to do this?
>>
>>321178282

The world is just boring.
Dialogue system is awful.
The game fails HARD at being funny.
It's not even an rpg anymore.
Impossible to be evil.
>>
Waiting for modding tools. Nobody gave a shit about FNV prior to mods too.
>>
can anyone help me? I'm not sure if Ive hit some sneaky drm shit. at workbenches, can you upgrade armour pieces to heavy because I cant. cant seem to find any either
>>
>>321178282
>what went wrong?
Lurk more. It's been answered more than enough.
>>
>>321178282
Terrible UI
Dumbed down dialogue (boring choices with terrible descriptions)
Gameplay too similar to previous installments and adjacent properties (previous bethesda products)
New features were poorly implemented (settlement building is their big selling point and it sucks)
Glitchy bugged out mess at launch
Overpriced for what it was
>>
The story is meh. Not much role play element so not much reason to restart the game. The gun fight is nothing after you crafted a great legendary weapon. The settlement feature has potential but still not enough.

It's a good game. But after finished the story, I don't feel a reason to open it
>>
>>321178909
>Impossible to be evil.
"what is random shooting people"
>>
>>321178282

It's so fucking easy. How is it even an RPG anymore
>>
>>321178282
Fallout 3.5 which is worst than Fallout 3.
>>
>>321182803
how can people even believe that?

FO4 is arguably better than NV. Much better graphics and mechanics.
>>
File: 1350837497354.jpg (88 KB, 521x675) Image search: [Google]
1350837497354.jpg
88 KB, 521x675
the game just felt lacking because there were no assault rifles. Just pistols with stocks called rifles. none of the factions were all that interesting and just wandering around was all the fun you could have but even that gets kinda old.

as shitty as it is to say interest might pick up whenever they release some dlc for content.
>>
>>321178282
Another soulless cashgrab by the industry, big suprise, huh? But seriously, the game will improve exponentially with mods and DLC.

Just like 3 and NV did. 3 had the added charm of being the first game for a casual audience to explore an expansive world. But NV didn't have enough content and was improved and fixed more by mods than patches.

After I've explored the whole wasteland on my current (first) playthrough of Fallout 4, Im just gonna wait for mods.
>>
>>321182912
oh god here we go
>>
>>321182912
>Much better graphics
a game made in 2015 has better graphics? whoa slow down buddy thats a pretty big statement to make
>>
File: 1450025230920.png (39 KB, 803x581) Image search: [Google]
1450025230920.png
39 KB, 803x581
>You will never get a Fallout game where you can get the 1-handed weapon trait and then go dual wield pistols
>>
File: 1449748387258.jpg (24 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1449748387258.jpg
24 KB, 496x499
>>321182912
>>
its a good game just not a good fallout game
>>
i'm ready to shelf this game until modding is fleshed out.
not having new meshes is painful and no other weapons is horrible. HORRIBLE.
they fucked up big time on the guns, glad i went melee and explosives.
and chems are fucking OP in this fucking game.
>>
>>321182672
That isn't anything meaningful and there isn't any real punishment for it.
>>
>>321178282
I think that Bethesda just relies on the mods to fix the game
I don't want to say that the developers are lazy asses which might or might not be true but obviously it is not even barely polished by the problems within the game.
>>
It's shallow as fuck
>>
>>321182672
The issue is not that you can't be evil, it's that it's never acknowledged except by certain companions. You can go on a massacre across the Commonwealth and no one mentions a thing. Not the radio, not random NPC's, no one. If you have certain companions with you they may react negatively and leave you forever but that's it.

In previous games your actions, whether good or bad were acknowledged. If you blew up Megaton you got a shitload of bad karma, and as a result the game world changed in some way. You could get new companions because you had low karma, Three Dog would mention it on the radio hell even your Dad scolds you for it.

Because there is mostly no consequences for your action, what's the point of role playing as evil? It's the same as role playing as good except a few missions and the ending might be different.

This is suppose to be an RPG there should be some kind of consequence for how you role play but for some reason Bethesda said fuck it and didn't bother.
>>
It's not a good shooter.
It's not a good RPG.
It's not a good Sim Village
It's not a good "cinematic experience".

It failed to achieve everything it aimed for in almost every way. It's not bad. It functions. It is a game that you can play. But it's not great. It's not even good. It is in every way a mediocre, forgettable game.

Unlike New Vegas, which will stick with me forever.

Fallout 4 has absolutely nothing memorable about it except the pre-release memes that were, in hindsight, totally accurate.
>>
It's an all-around shit game, simple as that.
>>
>>321178632
>Yep, played about ~25 hours before going back to another game
So it's like Skyrim then?

Give or take 10hrs of play from 30, depending on the person, and then to never touch it again?

So pretty much get it, but wait until it gets really low in price at some point?
>>
>>321178429
Same I'm struggling to pick it up. Normally I'd do diffeent playthroughs covering different factions like BOS science nerd, Caesers legion assassin type but with FO4 I cant be bothered. Hell the minutemen was such a fuck up I'm struggling to continue
>>
>>321178282
They tried to steamline it so hard, it became a puddle of nothingness.

I like the idea of building though, because I'm a sucker for those things. But it needs to be completely overhauled by mods, since Bethesda's snapping system sucks balls. I can't believe not one tester said that it's shit.
>>
>>321183364
Cmon how could they forget
>Baby? (also yes)
>>
>>321185421

Don't get it. Maybe pirate it if you really want to, but don't spend any money on that piece of shit. You could spend money more useful, like making a campfire from dollar notes.
>>
>>321178282
kek, still 3rd most played steam game
still sold more in a single month than witcher 3 in half a year

get fucked nerd
>>
>>321187717
fucking ebig mate :DD
>>
>>321187739

for (you)
>>
>>321187817

Fuck off newfag. Go spout your reddit/r/4chan memes somewhere else.
>>
I didn't expect /v/ to talk about it as long as they did honestly, considering how mediocre the game is.

I enjoyed it, but I like roleplaying and strolling down the coasts so I don't have time to be an anal babby about a video game.
>>
>be Todd
>what do?
>lets make game!
>what game Todd?
>take Fallout 3
>polish it, copy HighRes mods and ENB's
>wow so great!
>what now?
>let's make same story just vice versa! Do you all remember how good F3's story was?
>Yeah!
>now?
>let's take that RTS mod for Fallout 3 and put it in the game!
>lol we are so creative!
>Yeah we are! :DD
>what now?
>we need guns...
>ok, let's check New Ve... wait that will take too long, we only have 7 years you know!
>ok Todd! You always have so great Ideas..
>Hey, how about we just built a mod where you can put garbarge together?
>yeah! such a great Idea Todd!
>what now?
>we could.. let's use those great animation from Skyrim! Yeah!
>The animations are so great!!
>we are ready!
>7 years Todd.... this si such a great game lol!
>let release it, this gonna be a gud hype!
>Yeah! Fallout!
>Yeah, Marketing will do the rest!
>Yeah, Fallout for everyone!
>what now?
>let's put a few dykes and blue haired black people in!
>tumblr audience yeah! Fallout for everyone!
>Yeah!
>???
>Profit
>>
When i first played Fallout 3 i was like "Wooow" and loved the game, had the urge to get better weapons, level up, had fun playing evil character, had fun making up stories like i became a evil faggot who hates the world because dad left me and the bullying etc...

In Fallout 4 you cant be evil, your choices doesnt make any difference and cant build up your own past.

Good shooting mechanincs and good power armor and graphics other than that it doesnt have the Fallout feeling for me.

Also lack of memorable characters like the fags in Big mountain in NV.

It has been too simplified so wider spectrum of people would buy it.

If it was a Fallout 3 remade in Fallout 4 graphics and etc i would love it.
>>
>>321178282
>No one talks about it anymore

Except there are threads here everyday.
Also /vg/
You dumbass.
>>
>>321178282
Toddler fucked up. Mods will bring some interest probably, but it won't last for long.

Glad I didn't pay anything.
>>
well, it was shit.
>>
>>321178282
I put 100 hours into the game, but that's because I love exploration. It was good for a while, but like with all the other Bethesda games, once the initial magic is gone, the game just falls flat on its face. Its gameplay is too shallow and clunky to carry it (not nearly as bad as Fo3, but it's certainly not fluid or functional), the dialogue system is a vestigial afterthought and while the world seemed large and compelling at first, after a while it began to feel cramped, static and unimmersive.

Add to that, I didn't want to play a character with a predetermined background, and certainly not a mom. The furthest I got in the main storyline was the first visit into the memory den, after that I just couldn't deal with how my level 75 power armor-clad master of the wasteland & destroyer of worlds breaks down over a baby I've known for 5 minutes max. As long as I avoided the storyline and dialogue, I could at least pretend that my character was my own.

Unlike Skyrim where I spoiled the game's aftertaste big time by overstaying my welcome after I had lost all interest in it (forced myself to finish the main quest), I just quit Fo4 as soon as I felt that it had nothing more to offer me. Still, I don't think I'll come back to it even for the DLCs. Never did for Fo3.
>>
>>321188225
Where there actually blue haired niggers in the game? The only sjw shit I remember was that lesbian interracial couple from the beginning.
>>
>>321182672
What are immortal "essential" quest-npcs.
>>
>>321185421
Get the Goty edition when they sell it for $5.
>>
>>321178282
40k mods when
>>
>>321178282
It's ok. I don't like crafting in games but I have to admit if it belongs anywhere it's in a Fallout game. Upgrading your town is strangely addicting. I like the new animations for combat too.

The voice acting is eh. Could have done without it really. Hard for an aspie to role-play a retarded stronk character when there's a forced back-story, but whatever.
>>
>>321178282
>Not even a full month after release
It's over a month, retard
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.