[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth finishing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Is this game worth finishing?
>>
>>321177523
There's not much to finish there.
>>
>>321177523
are you having fun? yes
are you not? no
>>
>>321177523
Ask Kojima, he was the first one who didn't finish it.
>>
it's not finished
>>
Fuck no.

Go play MGS 1-4 again instead.
>>
>>321177523
yeah, not 100% but at least finish it
>>
File: 1438854646168.jpg (2 MB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
1438854646168.jpg
2 MB, 1024x1820
While i think that MGS 5 is fucking phenomenal it has 1 big ass problem.

The fact that the games difficulty curve is uneven as fuck.
the game only gets easier the further you get since you get better silencers and better tranq and better weapons and camo.
the game is the most fun in the beginning.
I usually force myself in side ops post endgame to use the leatherjacket a golden sawed off shotgun and a revolver.
It makes the game a lot more fun and challenging.
For some reason people on /v/ never complain about this.
>>
yeah, but Konami never will finish it.
>>
are you talking about yourself or konami?
>>
It depends on what you like.
>>
File: 1422497357230.jpg (15 KB, 174x167) Image search: [Google]
1422497357230.jpg
15 KB, 174x167
>>321177523
>Is this game worth finishing?
>Finishing an Unfinished game
>>
>>321178724
I just try to keep my loadout under a certain amount of GMP but it all gets stale eventually.
Guard/vehicle vision fucked this game I think, once you get used to it you don't really have to worry about getting spotted unless you are in close quarter environments which is under 10% of the content
>>
>>321178724
Because you're dumb, enemies adapt to your gamestyle.. if you perform a lot of headshots, enemies will wear more helmets, bodyshots: bodyarmors, sleep gas: Gas masks and so on.. and when you finish the game you unlock harder missions, harder AI and shit
>>
>>321179305
holding people up is too effective IMO.
like yes eventually they counter it by trying to attack you, but the timeframe is so big that you can just lay down and do the melee swipe so they fall down and you just point your gun again, then you never have to worry about them again unless you go full alert.
The game could have used some difficulty options, like... every main line MGS has difficulty options, oh and these later modificators substance and so on should have been applicable to every mission/sideop
>>
>>321177523

Kojima didnt think so
>>
>>321179537
And if you snipe too much, they'll start using snipers more often.. if you go out at night too much, they'll start using nightvision
>>
>>321179562
That would've been amazing, more substance missions
>>
File: 1303841690857.jpg (67 KB, 560x619) Image search: [Google]
1303841690857.jpg
67 KB, 560x619
>>321178114
>>
File: 1435137675252.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1435137675252.jpg
144 KB, 1024x1024
>>321179537
>>321179630
well... yes but since your merc groups can disable those counters it's irrelevant.
Also they never counter going close and doing CQC / pointing a gun at them when laying down, heck the helmets didnt even cover their face.
>>321179708
yea the game really shined on those mission that were:
>once detected its mission over
>Equipment On Site (the best really)
>no reflex etc and higher difficulty
>>
Memes aside, it actually doesn't even feel like you finished the game at all when you finish it. The first ending is alright, but leaves way too much open, and gets you hyped for the second ending. Then you just do some really bad missions and some repeat missions, totally taking you out of the game as you once again rescue people you've already rescued in exactly the same way.

Then there's one mission that ends with full credits even though it's hardly an ending at all and would just be one small scene in any other form of media.

Then there's the big twist with its ending which actually does seem like another ending, but it's just once again a repeat of another mission with slightly changed details, but not in a cool way like other games have done.

Then there are still some missions left after that ending, but completing them doesn't trigger another ending.

After the first ending, the game is an absolute mess.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.