[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what's so good about this game again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Xenoblade_box_artwork.png (189 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_box_artwork.png
189 KB, 250x350
so what's so good about this game again?
>>
Setting, OST, charming characters, some pretty sweet tweests.

Those are the main things I like.
>>
IT'S RAEYN TIME
>>
Not much. If you want an actual good RPG, Undertale is the best you'll ever experience.
>>
>>321174514
>120 dollars
>>
>>321174760
Eurobro here, got it many years ago on release for 50 bucks.
>>
It has a better anime story than most anime.
>>
>>321174514
This game is so shit compared to X. I thought I wouldn't like X but they made so many improvements, senpai.
>>
>>321174592
>>321175063
what do you guys like about the story? i found it to be quite tiring after awhile as it felt like something i had already seen before. the characters in particular were pretty weak. save for reyn and sharla
>>
>>321175209
I'm getting it soon but I'm just worried about the story. Xenoblade had a simple plot but it was made fun by its characters, and it had shit loads of twists and turns along the way. X seems more like story missions appear at random and of course the MC is a complete blank slate so I can't see it being as good.

Combat looks better though, as do enemy designs. But there's still weird shit like clipping through cars that looks amateurish.
>>
>>321174760
>wii u for 30
>>
>>321175459
I'm not a story person but the story seems a bit retarded compared to chronicles, but maybe that's me
>>
>>321174514
It's the only jrpg on wii
>>
>>321175459
In X you accept story missions when you feel like it at the main base. They usually have some prereqs which are like
>explore x% of area/Mira
>complete <mission-that-isn't-actually-a-sidequest> first
And such. Don't worry too much about it, it's a lot more natural once you get into it.
>>
>>321175782
Eh. Still seems kinda lame. I'd rather the story was actually paced properly with the characters working towards their main goal than "press X to activate cutscene where the baddies show up".
>>
>>321174592
>charming characters

what. they're totally boring and flat.
>>
The goodness of it
>>
>>321175874
That's not really how it works in X.

Most of the time you have some kind of comic relief moment, followed by a literal briefing (because you're in a military like organization now).

The one thing from XC I miss in XCX is the way parties worked. In XCX you can't switch out your avatar, ever, the avatar must ALWAYS be in the party. You have to go find other party members around the city at their certain times of day to swap them into the party. The dialogue options aren't different for different chars, and in fact if you're maining someone who isn't the avatar you'll be switched to the avatar for cut-scenes and dialogue. In order to do heart to hearts you have to actually dismiss the target character from your party, and then go to the heart to heart location.

In XC you could switch up the party whenever you wanted, you could main anyone you wanted at anytime you wanted, depending on what characters were in the party you'd see different reactions to dialogue or character interplay.
>>
Playing it for the first time now.

Like most, I'm immensely impressed with the scope of the world. The general quality of life improvment to some dated JRPG mechanics such as being told when an item you have will be useful on a quest in the future.
Gem crafting is pretty fun too. I enjoy games with this kind of upgrade system.

As for the story I'm pretty close to the end, and as cliched as it is for a JRPG, the whole "you're fighting god" trope is one of my favorites. I found myself liking the characters more than I thought I would. All of them get plently of screen time throughout the story and are pretty well fleshed out.

I am a little dissapointed that I've been using the same arts for about 50 hours though. I feel as if the game had similar combat to something like Dragon's Dogma it would be my favorite game. Overall I feel as though more than most JRPGs, this game really captures the feel of being a grand adventure with a whole fucking world to explore with a bunch of friends. And that's really what I look for from a good JRPG.
>>
File: Metal_Face_Colony_9.png (2 MB, 1227x920) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Face_Colony_9.png
2 MB, 1227x920
It has one of my favourite villains in it.
That includes Zanza and Dickson.
>>
>>321178339
Seriously guessed who it was the very first time I saw him.

I mean come on
>sword at that point in time doesn't work on Homs
>"mysteriously" doesn't work on face
>claws as a weapon
>was introduced to a character in the story not an hour beforehand who uses claws
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.