[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could the next Assassin's creed game be WW2 themed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: SuLtkfB.jpg (280 KB, 1782x1080) Image search: [Google]
SuLtkfB.jpg
280 KB, 1782x1080
Could the next Assassin's creed game be WW2 themed?
>>
File: 12646_screen_saboteur_11.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
12646_screen_saboteur_11.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
>>321166925
Yes.
>>
>>321166925
Never going to happen. Too many people would get offended by the Nazi imagery these days. Just look at what happened to The Man in the High Castle
>>
>>321166925
Ubi is more likely to make the Nazis (or a nazi analogue) as a third party, and have you competing in a friendly rivalry with a charismatic Templar as you work to take them down
you have to kill the Templar at the end which is sad because you come to view him as your only friend
>>
>>321167169
wolfenstein?
>>
I want Egypt or Vietnam war.
>>
>>321167670
Me too. I want to see a real black assassin for once.
>>
>>321167169
no such thing as bad publicity
>>
>>321167738
i guess the one in freedom cry was not real black?
>>
IT MAKES SENSE BECAUSE HITLER WAS LOOKING FOR THE ANCIENT ARTEFACTS.
HITLER IS THE MAIN TEMPLAR
>>
>>321166925
they already going SJW, there will be no more uncomfortable theme allowed
>>
>>321167169

Have you ever heard of Wolfenstein?
>>
File: happy goebbels.jpg (3 MB, 1772x1501) Image search: [Google]
happy goebbels.jpg
3 MB, 1772x1501
>>321167825
Sounds more like Himmler. He was the one into all the mystical and superstitious bullshit.
>>
>>321167405

Actual canon Assassin's creed lore says different

>Adolf Hitler was a Templar who got an Apple of Eden from Henry Ford, a fellow industrial Templar. intending for him to use it to start World War II.[1] Alongside fellow Templar puppet Joseph Stalin, Hitler brought on the turmoil and fear necessary for Abstergo Industries to take control of the working population.

On 30 April 1945, at the end of the war, Hitler executed his body double inside the Führerbunker and planned to meet Winston Churchill with the Apple of Eden at a rendezvous point. However, upon leaving the bunker, Hitler was killed by the Assassins
>>
>>321166925

Not in this political climate.
>>
Isn't that just The Saboteur?
>>
>>321167738
yeah the ones in Freedom Cry or Liberation are fake black assassins

get raped
>>
>>321167169
What happened to the man in the high castle?
>>
>>321166925
Only if I can play as the good guys.
>>
I would prefer something a little more exotic that hasn't been done a lot other than more european/american stuff. This is what made Black Flag so good, it deviated from the formula.
>>
>>321167169
>they have promo pics of the statue of liberty doing the heil salute

huh?
>>
>>321169106
Black Flag had shit gameplay. Even the ship combat wasn't as deep as it was in AC3.
>>
>>321167169
>Man in high castle
>Breaks records
>2nd season
Wow.
>>
Going off the hints in Unity and Syndicate. It's looking like 1916 Ireland. Which would be an interesting setting and also sparking off a shitstorm with how Ubi handles that shit.

But then Ubi-shaft are going to completely ignore people wanting end of the Edo period Japan despite people wanting that period since AC2
>>
>>321169670
Well, everything in the e-mails in 4 and the small snippets in Unity give us a look at what we could technically have. They're passing off Russia, Egypt, and China to those 2.5D games so whatever's left is what they're considering. I think Japan was one of the ones they were.
>>
>>321169425
>Black Flag had shit gameplay

It's pretty much the same it has always been. My only complain is/was as is with all AC games is that the combat was too easy. They really need to revise their combat mechanics into something a little more challenging and less automatic.
>>
>>321167945
If Hitler had the apple and the assassins got to him, why did we need to go through all the Ezio shit to find it in the modern world?
>>
>>321169868
>Russia
>Egypt
>China
>Wasted
Seriously? Those are among the best settings they could use
>>
>>321169868

The ones they didn't use in Chronicles but were hinted in Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate were Rise of Imperial Japan, Easter Rising Ireland and Prohibition Era Chicago

I could see them do Ireland for next year's game (Centenerary of the Easter RIsing plus the fanbase wants a conclusion to Shay's story so it would hit two birds with one stone) then Japan in the 1920's for 2017 (Taiso/Showa era would have a lot of intrigue. Though people really fucking want the end of the Edo period and fall of the Samurai) and Prohibition Era Chicago for 2018 (Because the Watch_Dogs tie in is just too good to pass up for the Ubi "Cinematic Universe")
>>
>>321167738
WE
>>
>>321170202
desu I want more Conor cause I think he's underrated due to muh Charles lee

Got syndicate for free and it's decent fun but both mc are planks of wood with funny accents. It's cool having a revolver tho
>>
>>321170202
>and Prohibition Era Chicago for 2018 (Because the Watch_Dogs tie in is just too good to pass up for the Ubi "Cinematic Universe")
I can see it happening, they stick in a proper assassination missing in W_D 2 or something and reference Aiden as being chased in AC Chicago along with you finding his safehouse or something.
>>
How long before they remake AC1 for quick cash?
>>
>>321170573
Frankly, I'm amazed it hasn't been done already. With all the complaints they took into consideration when making 2 it's crazy they haven't already fixed up the parts people hated in 1 with a rerelease.
>>
>>321166925
Could I still be bothered about an Assassin's Creed game?
The answer has been no for years now.

The games are all going to be spectacularly unremarkable, and wishing for some kind of setting in an AC game is like wishing for a different hat on the main character's head. It doesn't change anything. The main game will be the same, and the coat of paint has barely any influence on the game anymore.
>>
>>321170202
Would a Prohibition Era Chicago setting work for le edgy wrist knife neck kill gimmick that AC has going on?
I'd imagine everyone just letting loose with a generic Tommy Gun or something.
>>
>>321167169
>literally the most oversaturated imagery and theme because HURR MUH UNCLE JOE DINDU NUFFIN EVEN THO SOVIETS WERE EVEN WORSE THAN NAZIS BUT THAT'S OKAY WE ALLIED WITH THEM LIKE HONORLESS RAG PICKERS WE ARE, LET'S MAKE SOME PROPAGANDA FOR SPOILED FEEBLE WESTERN BABBIES, THEY'LL EAT UP ANY SHIT WE'LL GIVE THEM ANYWAY SO
>b-b-but it's never going to happen

Get your head out of your ass, Nigel.
>>
>remembered that I bought AC3
>on uplay no less, with a key from a key site
>can't remember which e-mail I used
>is not my main e-mail because I don't get a password change mail back

Weird feel. I know I never really wanted to play it again, but I paid actual money for it and the thought of that just being lost is a bit disappointing.
>>
>>321166925
Ubi said they won't be touching any era that's Post-WWI, so no. Ingame reason says that machinery fucks with genetic memories, so no.

And besides, if they wanted to, they can always say that AC and Watch_Dogs are in the same universe, seeing as how Aiden already disemboweled and shit on a bunch of Templars, Templar goons/pawns, a high ranking Templar, and a bunch of undercover Assassins.
>>
>>321171435

Would probably force more stealth and tactical approaches if you got your shit wrecked with a tommy gun instantly. Despite Unity being a massive fuck up, the one thing they actually got right was making it a stealth game again because if enemies had a gun or there was snipers in the area, you were fucked if you got caught as guns were one hit kill even when you equipped good armor. You had to actually plan out assassination missions to make sure you took out the snipers, then the heavies.

Chicago would be interesting if you had to really work on the stealth and avoid gunfights. Or even work in silenced guns into the gameplay

>>321171884

Then they made an industrial revolution game full of machinery that said "Fuck the lore". Bravo Ubishit.
>>
>>321167169
agree with this guy jews would tear it apart and no company would touch it

maybe if you are fighting aginst the nazi then yes

>>321167835
that's cos you are fighting nazi's
>>
>>321171989
Syndicate is 19th century. Ubisoft specifically said 20th century upwards.

Call me when they actually fuck with that. Fucking retards need to go back.
>>
>>321171464
>allying with the Russians pre-Cold War
>honourless
People knew about as much about Stalin as they did about the Nazis, that is to say that he was a relationship of convenience. Pull your head out of the deep fat friar you fat Yankee cunt and realise that le good and le bad are concepts spoonfed to imbeciles.
>>
>>321171989
>>321172204
Heh. Bravo indeed. But I'm guessing when they said "machinery" they meant things like automotives, phones, radars, electric dildos, etc
>>
>>321167945
Wow, that actually sounds like a fun game, and the last fun AC game in my opinion was black flag, and that was because of the pirate stuff. They need to mix up their formula to stay fresh, and assassin soldiers using firearms in a wolfensteinesque germany could be very cool
>>
>>321172204
>>321172431

Evie helped fucking invent the Telephone in AC Syndicate. If Ubi can't keep their lore straight they have no excuse to not do 20th century.
>>
>>321172697
What. What the fuck Ubi. Shit. Guess they're just afraid of jews/SJW or something.
>>
>>321166925
Assassins Creed Primal.
>>
>>321172697
She comes up with the name at most
>>
>>321172697
Have you even played the damn game? She didn't do jack shit you imbecile. She helped disable Starrick's telephone lines.
>>
>>321170090
there are multiple apples
Hitler's apple never appeared after WW2 though and it's also possible that he just ran away with it and the Assassin killed the double
>>
File: hitler woc.gif (520 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
hitler woc.gif
520 KB, 500x280
>Ubisoft
>1930/40s Europe
I wonder what could go wrong
>>
File: 29101.jpg (51 KB, 630x355) Image search: [Google]
29101.jpg
51 KB, 630x355
I was really hyped for Syndicate. I've completed 5 of the mainline Assassin's Creeds before that and thought the London environment would be the most interesting to date.

It was fucking boring to traverse through and seemed more generic than ever. I like these games but it just seems there is no overarching plot any more and I really don't care for their generic villains that stay for a game and than inevitably die at the end of the game.

Have you ever noticed that Ubisoft villains are all the same too? They're all charismatic psychopaths that always have a scene where they lose their shit on their lackeys when they're angry and end up killing one or two of them. That's even how it is with Syndicate.
>>
>>321173883
What you're describing is pretty much only Cesare and Starrick.

No wonder, the guy who wrote Brotherhood and Syndicate is the same guy.
>>
>>321174000

Far cry 4 villain is exactly like that, Watchdogs main villain is like that also.
>>
>>321173883
The guy in Unity was kinda ok. Only severly underdeveloped, like every other character in that game
>>
Where the fuck are we in terms of story present day? I've only played up to black flag and I can only remember something about the sage still being alive then.
>>
File: 1408538745046.gif (2 MB, 243x199) Image search: [Google]
1408538745046.gif
2 MB, 243x199
>>321169670
>1916 Ireland

Irishfag right here, literally cumming at the prospects.
I hope they go as far as the 1921 civil war, and have you be the one who takes down Collins.
This is could be hypest shit of they can pull it off
>>
>>321174385
somewhere around 2013-2014
>>
>>321174385
The Sage was killed in Black Flag if you don't recall. He was trying to put Juno in Tablet Guy's body but they took him out when he started rambling and tried to kill tablet guy.
In Rogue they have Otso trying to take out a bunch of Assassin splinter cells while everyone deals with Desmond's death on the Assassin side and Miles is leading something while Rebbecca and Shaun try to hack their way into things.
In Unity they have Shaun and Rebbecca's crew hacking into Abstergo VR servers to tell them the Assassin message and truths in Arno's story while also trying their best to get Templar information through the hacks. It's been a bit though so I might have forgotten their goal from Arno's side. Abstergo is trying to find more Sage DNA so they can sequence a Sage and go through their memories to find more PoE's and history.

I can't comment on Syndicate as I didn't grab that one yet.
>>
>>321173006
>there are multiple apples
Makes sense. Was this mentioned in some little scrap of paper I never found in one of the games?
>>
>>321167067
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41icDUzK1Pk

He's upstairs.
>>
>>321166925

>Occupied Poland
>Cichociemni as assasins

Take my fucking money.
Also make Mieczyslaw Hala the main hero. For the first 14 days of war dude sneaked behind the front lines and murdered germans in their sleep. Germs were so freaked out that when he died they dug out his grave to check if he really was kill.
>>
>>321166925
ww1 is better
>>
>>321174221
Yeah you're right, I read that as AC villains and not Ubisoft villains, my mistake.
>>
>>321176210
AC2's glyphs. There's alot of info in them.
>>
>>321177319
I did all of those, I just don't remember them mentioning multiple apples. I believe you though, there a fuckton of side info in those games.
>>
What if they take next year off?

The series generally doesn't have a positive reception anymore and its sales have been declining ever since AC3. To add to that, there's a movie coming out next year, 2 spin-off games for the first quarter of 2016 AND they just recently started 2 ongoing comics series.

Plus the fact that they registered a new domain called assassinscreedcollection.com which could be hinting towards a collection of AC1 - AC Rogue for current gen.

I know it's wishful thinking.
>>
>>321166925
No, because then there's a 100% chance the protagonist will be a female Jew.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.