[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony Smash Bros.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: psasbr boxart.jpg (479 KB, 1530x1761) Image search: [Google]
psasbr boxart.jpg
479 KB, 1530x1761
Should there be a sequel? (PS4)

Just imagine if Sony put Goku in PSASBR 2. Would they sell more than Smash 4?

Or maybe Sony should leave the PSASBR thing altogether and create something new... by a better developer.

Your thoughts /v/?
>>
A sequel should only be done if they're willing to go all in. The disaster we got was a result of it being treated as a side project. Which is a shame too because it had a good roster albeit missing a few crucial characters.
>>
Santa Monica still acknowledges the game and has interest in continuing it. The rumor is that next time it'll be 1 on 1 style combat.

They really need to make it all not bland as shit.
>>
>>321160296
>A sequel should only be done if they're willing to go all in

yeah, they need to write a blank check for a sequel

I'd like to see them try again
doesn't have to be a fighting game
>>
>sequel?
Yes. There's potential here. A better roster and more game modes would seal the deal.

>Goku
Please leave
>>
I'll play it if they don't fuck it up this time.

People call it a rip-off of Smash, but if they had actually done that then maybe it wouldn't have been so shitty.

Of course, this would mean a fuckload more console war threads.
>>
File: 1450084788389.jpg (652 KB, 580x5673) Image search: [Google]
1450084788389.jpg
652 KB, 580x5673
>>
>>321159978
Needs to be a 3D game for me to give a fuck, maybe similar to the storm games.
>>
>>321161005
2D Ultimate Ninja was waaay better than Storm.
>>
>>321160965
I love this image because you fucking realize that Ryu, and Cloud are in Sm4sh. I never thought I'd see the day. PSAS still had some neat characters though
>>
>PSASBR 2
>It's a MOBA
>>
>>321161175
>PSASBR2
>it has an even longer title
>>
>>321160875
This, if they had just actually copied smash it probably would have been good, but they tried to do different stuff that just made it a worse smash
>>
Sony needs to actually give a shit and work with third-parties to secure big characters, instead of just taking their scraps. Partnerships with Square-Enix, Activision, and Capcom are a must. THEY should be the ones begging to get their characters in, not Sony.

Also they should either make it like Smash or not like Smash. PSASBR was too wishy-washy in its design choices, they tried to leech off Smash's success while still pretending to be different.

>instead of percentages there's a meter bar!
>instead of knocking them off the stage, you can only kill them with supers!
>instead of a stage being from one franchise, it's a mix of two!

Also a better/more cohesive art style would be nice.
>>
If they are gonna make sequel, they should either go full Smash rip-off or somewhat different. That what they came up with it was just shit. And put someone who actually love to work with those characters, that game is so fucking soulless compared to Smash.
>>
>>321160965
I like how smash can actually get characters, and psa was stuck with who ever the third parties wanted to promote.

They wanted Dante and they were told they could only use DmC Donte. Then when they were creating him they were only allowed to use his moves from the demo. Same with Raiden.
>>
Broken record here, but I still think Crash alone would have helped the sales fucking tremendously.

Spike might have if they didn't go for his modern version and used his original Ape Escape version.

They could have just rode the whole fucking thing on PS1 nostalgia and made a good bit more.

>Spyro
>Crash
>Gex
>Croc
>Ape Escape Spike
>Specter (Ape Escape)
>Cloud (at the time, anyway)
>Dr. Cortex
>Joke character of some guy in the huge Crash mascot suit used in commercials
>>
>>321161609
>instead of a stage being from one franchise, it's a mix of two!

I actually like this.
>>
>>321161609
>>321162029

I meant I actually liked that gimmick.
>>
>>321159978
They should just make a smash game. Get Cloud from Square Enix, get Snake from Konami, get Spyro and Crash from Activision, get characters from Persona, get characters from Resident Evil, get Abe and Lara Croft.
>>
>>321160965
>Logo heads
>Not Sakurai and some dude from the PS team
>>
>>321161609
no company is going to pick psa over smash, there are a lot of companies that even if their characters were never on a nintendo console think nintendo will add them.

The only way for sony to change their mind is offer a lot of money which is something sony probably won't do so the only other option is focus on first parties exclusively and only use popular third party characters that they can get cheap or that even though its obvious promotion is well liked by sony fans.

for example. you won't see spyro in psa, your more likely to see him in smash because
1. Activision will make sony pay for him
2. They know smash is a world wide success and would rather he be in that
>>
>>321162197
I think the problem with Crash was that Activision said no. I probably just heard it from /v/.

I have no fucking idea WHY they would, but whatever.
>>
>>321162029
It was the single best feature of the game.

Smash would do well to copy it.

I'd like for a PSASBR to ramp that concept up, let multiple series interact with each other and trigger at different times or from different actions, so that it's more a surprise each time.
Also, allow multiple events in a single stage.

>yfw playing LocoRoco and then Metal Gear RAY bursts in, and if you whack it enough times the cockpit opens up and Patapon rush out
>>
>>321162381
>Smash would do well to copy it.
This.

Smash stages feel too samey. For me it's just a background with music, nothing more. The gimmicks are just an annoyance.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 500x316
>can only kill people when you get your meter up to level 2 or whatever
Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired from Sony

Playing as Sir Daniel though was pretty cool, wish they'd make a new game with him on PS4 already (as with Spyro, Jak and Daxter, and the girl from Dino Crisis who would all make cool additions).
>>
>>321162940
The whole studio is dead lol.
>>
>>321162940
>get your meter up to level 2 or whatever
Any super will kill.
>>
>>321162541
Smash stages were fine for the most part before 4. Obvious exceptions being stuff like New Pork City in Brawl or Icicle Mountain in Melee.

And then 4 comes along, and I'd say "samey" is the least of its problems when the fucking stage hazards went from being an element to play around with to the entire focus of certain stages. And of course, the only way to turn them off is to play on the Omega versions, where everything potentially fun or interesting about the stage is lost in entirety. And don't get me started on that Palutena's Temple disaster. Instead of shoving all that shit into one stage, they should have taken all the stuff from it and made multiple stages, because there was a lot of cool shit design-wise in that stage that was ruined by being too big.
>>
>>321159978
Blunder of the century
>>
>>321163179
>tfw all my friends only ever want to play on Omega stages despite them literally just being reskinned Final Destination
>tfw no one ever wants to play with items anymore
I miss back when my friends didn't act like fucking tourneyfags
>>
>>321161609
>THEY should be the ones begging to get their characters in, not Sony.

ITS JUST NO FAIR BROS
>>
>>321163407
Have you since acquired new friends?
>>
It would be 3D like Power Stone. Sony is known for 3D not 2D
>>
They should hire the Project M team to make it.
>>
>>321163664
Negatory
>>
>>321164110
Get on it. You gotta have someone to play Smash, at least two other people. Online just ain't the same.
>>
File: 546.png (217 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
546.png
217 KB, 500x343
>>321163842
Good idea.
>>
File: 1411061556633.jpg (42 KB, 330x315) Image search: [Google]
1411061556633.jpg
42 KB, 330x315
>>321163842
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1289882404/air-dash-online-the-competitive-platform-fighter
>>
>>321162009
and how were they to get these characters, none of the companies wanted to work with PSA and sony could not pay them to get their characters in.

If nintendo asked they could have gotten all those characters for smash besides spike because smash is a huge ip.

If we got a square enix rep in psa it would have been lightning, just like how if they got a castelvania rep it would have been the lord of shadows mc. No one saw PSA as anything but a rip off
>>
>>321162940
>can only kill people when you get your meter up to level 2 or whatever
>Playing as Sir Daniel though was pretty cool

Sir Dan can combo into his level 1 super
>>
>>321164338
Those guys needed Sony or Microsoft's support. Hopefully they can get funding for their dream.
>>
>>321159978
>Would they sell more than Smash 4?
Smash is a relatively old beloved franchise with a massive roster of very well-known and loved characters.
PSABR is, currently, a single game that barely anyone played and even fewer people liked with a tiny roster of some beloved characters and some random shit they had to toss in to make the game have more than six characters.
It would take a LOT for a sequel to even come close to meeting Smash 4's sales. Sure, more people have PS4s than WiiUs, but still. I think you're maybe forgetting just how shitty and boring this game was.
>>
File: 7c3697c96bd6dd8398e52bf5cbcaa4ad.jpg (1020 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
7c3697c96bd6dd8398e52bf5cbcaa4ad.jpg
1020 KB, 800x1000
There should only be a sequel if we get 2hu characters in.
>>
>>321165194

PSASBR is a game for dudebros, not weebs.
>>
>>321161949
Meanwhile Sakurai says give me classic Pacman or fuck off
It's beautiful
>>
>>321165479
That's probably why it failed, dudebros don't play fighting games, weebs do. Insert a healthy dose of cute girls like Reimu doing cute things and it'll sell 10x as well.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.