[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MIDAIR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: midair.jpg (6 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
midair.jpg
6 KB, 299x168
Will they learn from Tribes Ascend's mistakes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anrlw5nebJ0
>>
>>321156276
how is this game allowed?

like im excited to play it and everything, im hoping it goes well and what not but i just dont understand how hi-rez arent able to/just havent done anything to stop this?
>>
>>321156703
idk, not enough money for lawyers? or care enough to put money into T:A.

also im pretty sure T:A only started to do updates and actually start to listen to the players was because of the making of this game
>>
>>321156703

Why would they not be allowed to do this?
>>
Whatever happened to some game where it was like 3v3, except only 1 member of one team faced the other 3 in rounds. All the guns and shit were pinpoint accurate except they only had like 5 shots or some shit.

I can't think of the name but it was supposed to be the next big thing
>>
>>321156703
did rainbow six rip off counterstrike?

did LoL rip off DoTA?

when you get down to it defining how different something needs to be before it is something new is a very difficult exercise
>>
>>321157180
shootmania or something?
>>
other than the art style it looks like TA, the movement and stuff
>>
>making a knockoff of a dead fotm game
I dont think its gonna work
>>
>>321156991
Not only is it a ripoff of tribes, but unlike legions:overdrive it is visually almost the exact same and is charging money.
>>
>>321157290
Rainbow six is older than CS, and only gradually crept closer. DoTa was a free mod so its developers couldn't do anything if they wanted to.

Not saying I give a shit about Hi-Rez, but this game is very clearly an almost direct copy of ascend, with almost the exact same weapons/ui. At least Legions:Overdrive attempted to separate itself while still existing in the same vein as Tribes (and be free for that matter).

All the same though I hope this game succeeds, even though it probably won't like the rest of the classic shooter clones that came out recently. I really wish that Hi-Rez had sold off the ip instead of waiting two years before deciding to do anything with it again.
>>
>>321161620
legions overdrive is superior to Tribes though because it has the important feature of down jetpack
>>
>>321159003
>fotm
I would play Tribes for eve rand ever if it wasn't ruined
Tribes at it's peak is honestly one of the best multiplayer shooters
>>
>>321162012
>an almost direct copy
>with almost the exact same weapons

there you go, thats why
>>
>>321162265
>Tribes at it's peak is honestly one of the best multiplayer shooters

Too bad the peak was so long ago.
Damn, fuck Halo and UT for ruining it.

Should've stayed MP only like Battlefield did.

How many players does this have?
At a glance it uses UE4 which is a herald of bad news in the series.

It's not the 128 of Tribes 2, is it?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.