[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rage Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 9
File: CIVILIZATION-V-FRONT-OF-BOX.jpg (27 KB, 250x313) Image search: [Google]
CIVILIZATION-V-FRONT-OF-BOX.jpg
27 KB, 250x313
Rage thread?
>Buy my friends Civ5 for Christmas out of my infinite generosity
>Load up game with all 4 of us
>Immediate onslaught of stupid questions
>How do i build units?
>Whats that number mean? x10
>BARBARIANS TOOK MY WORKER?!?!
>WHAT DOES IT MEAN A UNIT HAS ORDERS?
>"This shitty facebook game sucks, wanna play league or h1"?
>All 3 leave the game 21 turns in
>their scores almost immediately double when the prince level ai takes over
>>
>>321155308

Get gooder friends
>>
>>321156760
This.OP you have terrible friends.
>>
>>321155308
That's what you get when you surround yourself with retards.
Be more Elitist so you get better friends.
>>
buy it for me instead
>>
>>321156883

Not elitist, just make sure the people can actually learn shit on their own. Civ 5 is hardly that difficult to learn.
>>
>>321155308
I'll play witchu anon. Just gimme 50$
>>
You know what, fuck it.

Here's a key for civ 5 standard. First to enter the key wins.

7I5ID-Q730I-A4KMF
>>
>>321155308
>Civ V is too hard for them so they need to paly something as mindless and braindead as LoL

Sounds like you need to kill your fucking friends, OP.

Especially if you gifted them this shit, they are ungrateful faggots and Civ V is honestly one of the most straightforward/casual games I could try and get someone into.

Civ V would be a game I would show a girlfriend who NEVER gamed before to show her what video games are like...
>>
>>321155308
You just have to discover people who already like Civ and become their friends.
>>
File: 1450855971522.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1450855971522.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
>>321157491
thank you anon!
>>
>>321155308
>Immediate onslaught of stupid questions
Sounds more like your attitude in getting your friends to play with you is fucking shitty.
>>
File: Agent K.png (73 KB, 339x358) Image search: [Google]
Agent K.png
73 KB, 339x358
>>321157512

>playing games with a girl
>not playing games in a girl
>>
>>321157639
i was being sarcastic shithead
>>
>>321157610
this
>hey weve never played this game before. tell us some shit
>GIAGANTIC FAGTARDS OH MY GOD LOOK AT THEM /v/
>>
I'd play Civ5 with randoms if a single game didn't take a fucking week. To clarify, I'm cool with playing 2 to 4 hours a day but I'm not going to bother finding a group of people who are willing to do the same and are able to coordinate their schedules around each other.

I've only done it once and it was fucking great but you really, really need to have some serious patience.
>>
>>321157930
>>321157610

OP Here.

A big fuck you goes out to you faggots.
>>
>>321157697

As was I, you illiterate fuck monkey
>>
So you actually started multiplayer when none of them obviously have no clue how to play that game? And you didn't even help them getting started? Only retard here is OP, no one can possibly know how to play that game if it's their first time and they haven't even read the manual.
>>
>>321158025
You really sound like a swell guy to play with, faggot.

Did you even ask your friends if they wanted to play civ with you before buying it for them?
>>
>>321157610
>>321157930

>the game literally has a built-in guide system, always set to help you even when playing at higher settings
>"noooo, it should be OP who explains everything for them!"

You guys are the reason tutorials are getting more and more forced and watered down for baby tier brain levels
>>
>>321155308
I'll play Civ with you anon
>>
>>321157930
>>321157610

oh please the questions he listed have very simple answers

anyone who has played a game before would be able to figure out the answer, and if they didnt, they can mouse over the number or unit to find out what it is

Civ 5 even has super helpful advisors that literally tell you what units and buildings to build
>>
>>321157610
>>321157930
To be fair, if they can't at least make it to turn 50, which goes by very quickly since you don't have many units or cities by then, then they're the kind of people who aren't inclined to try new things, or to try in general.

Also, the game won't even let you proceed without building new units or buildings. Civ5 is an extremely handholding experience, especially for the first few turns; it's very difficult for a beginner to get lost and one of the things it does great is teach the player how to play. You got to give it a fair shake, though.
>>
>>321158163
that doesnt make any sense. he had them play with him right away without playing the tutorial. so having him answer some questions would be easier

hes just a bad friend and cant handle being told hes an ass, as obvious in his replies
>>
>>321158238
>>321158163
Tell me how a new player would know that workers and settlers can't fight or defend themselves.
>>
>>321158328

Where did he say they didn't have the tutorial? You have to turn that off manually, or the game will literally tell you the same shit every time you launch a game/scenario. It's still the fault of the shite friends who either didn't want to listen to the game, or wanted to be spoodfed by OP
>>
>>321158137
Pro-tip, anybody can say they're OP, as for your question I asked them if they wanted civ 5 because it was cheap as fuck, they looked at the store page and said "yeah it looks fun", I was playing another game at the time and they hounded me into playing with them, i did and the rest is >>321155308
>>
a girlfriend would only open me up to being vulnerable, never again u.u
>>
>>321158371

The game LITERALLY tells you this. Hell, you even tell because the command options list NO COMBAT options. Sure, you can declare a war with a noncombatant unit, but if you can't tell who can and can't fight from what the game directly says and the stats of those units, you're a fucking knob who needs to cease stealing our oxygen
>>
File: 1450770538514.gif (2 MB, 488x291) Image search: [Google]
1450770538514.gif
2 MB, 488x291
>>321155308
>expecting your friends to have experience with a game they've never played
>>
>>321158371
The short answer is because their workers and settlers.

It's also important to note that, upon clicking them, their interface is different from that of a Warrior, which the player also starts with, as are the shape of the icons that float over the units; workers and settlers get triangles and warriors get circles. This becomes a factor when generals are designated with triangles, rather than circles, despite sounding like a military unit.
>>
>>321158617

>what are tutorials, alex?
>>
1. Civ games are not for everyone.
2. They should be learning from solo play before multiplay
3. Buying casual gamers civ game is retarded mane
>>
>>321158860

Civ 5 is hardly hardcore, though. It might not be as casual as say any fucking mobile Ios game, but it's still something literally anyone can learn to master in the demo alone
>>
>>321155308
Pretty impressive they lasted 21 turns with an insufferable cunt like you.
>>
>>321155308
>wanna play league
I know this pain. All of my friends almost exclusively play League. It's fucking terrible. To avoid everybody becoming cancerous faggots I always fill which means that I spend 95% of the time playing support, for bonus fun.
>>
>trying to be elitist about playing the Thinking Man's Real Adult Mature Video Game
>Plays the shittiest version of Civ

Let me guess, you always play simultaneous turns too. Did Civ 5 even eventually get real turn based mode?

How old are you sweetums?
>>
>>321159189

>you're a cunt for giving people a game that outright tells you how to play and even forces you at times to do certain actions unless you made option changes prior to booting up

Get fucked. The only time this would even be remotely the fault of the person who gave out the game is if his friends were fucking 9 year olds who played nothing but CoD
>>
>Show people something slightly complex
>Get annoyed when they ask questions about something they know nothing about

Own damn fault OP
>>
>>321159353
>9 year olds who played nothing but CoD
They clearly are, though?
>>
>>321159119
it is definitely not a hardcore game, but not everyone can "master" it, to be able to play it at a top level you need skills not found in most other games, like resource management for long term goals, this is not a game where reaction times and muscle memory can save you.
>>
>>321158810
>thinking civ tutorials will really help you
>>
>>321159489

Still, even something like the demo is enough to get you up to adequate playing levels, even if you're not winning the game. From the sound of things, the friends are just outright morons who ignored the advisors and then cried for help.
>>
>>321159353
What did you honestly expect throwing people who clearly don't have much experience with complex games into a competitive match of a game with a fairly steep learning curve. I hope you realize your being an asshole probably turned them off the game for good.
>>
>>321159507

The game is easy as hell to learn the mechanics of. Maybe it won't make you capable of playing on Deity setting, but unless you're an illiterate simpleton, there is no justifiable reason anyone shouldn't be able to figure out how to play and control the game by paying attention the advisors and the tutorial prompts
>>
>>321159605
m8, he clearly just threw them into a competitive game without letting them get acclimated at all.
>>
>>321159657

I ain't the OP, you dipshit. And even then, it wouldn't be my fault when the game outright starts with all the baby-step options set to on by default. Further still, the friends are at fault for letting their first games be a disaster get them down. It'd be like some faggot quitting XCOM entirely because they couldn't beat their first playthrough. Games like that are all about learning both the mechanics, and your own mistakes.
>>
>>321155308
I'd do the same thing if I was in their shoes. Whenever I play a new game my friends are experience with I always go to them for help with the mechanics, fortunately they aren't assholes.
>>
>>321159737

No, he didn't. He literally just mentioned getting dragged in to play with them while previously playing something else. It's their own fault for blatantly ignoring the game's help
>>
Your friends are faggots OP. Do you know what that makes you?
>>
>>321159702
If they would have slowed down to read he would have been angry with them taking too long.
>>
>>321159337
Yes, eventually both turn based and hybrid systems were implemented. With hybrid settings, Civs that aren't at war can take their turn simultaneously while Civs at war must wait their turn. It works well when playing casually and it helps speed up the game a lot, although forced turn based is there for the purists.

If you haven't played Civ5 with the expansions, I highly recommend giving it another try. It's easily my favorite Civilization, by far.
>>
>>321159994
he a double faggot
>>
>>321159337
>Trying to be an elitist
You try? Grow up faggot.
>>
>>321160113

Yea, no. They're just asking shit the game has already told them but they ignored it
>>
So what's going on, are we playing Civ5 multiplayer or what? Or is everyone too chicken shit to commit to playing for a fucking month straight? Can't say I blame you though.
>>
>>321155308
>>321158504
OP again, I think you guys are confused at why im pissed, I'm not pissed about their stupid questions those take like 3 seconds each to answer, they listened to my answers about 40% of the time and gave up when they got fucked by barbarians, and might I add I told them how and why to clear them immediately
>>
>>321159657
>Civ V
>fairly steep learning curve
u best b avin a giggle m8
>>
>Be on LAN with 5 of my friends
>I suggest we play Civ
>Sure anon we can buy it
>2 hours into game
>are we done yet? This is so boring
>yeah anon where are the cool fights
>one of them declares war without any troops
>WOW GOOD GAME GUYS CANT EVEN DO ANYTHING
>they all leave and play CS the rest f the LAN
Such is life
I'm on my way to convert one of them from the casual side
>>
>>321160503

What setting where they on? Because even at Prince level, the barbarians are still baby shit easy to wipe out
>>
File: TRIGGERED.jpg (29 KB, 263x332) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.jpg
29 KB, 263x332
>>321155308
I really REALLY know this feel. Trying to find friends with the attention span for dnd is killer.
>>
>>321159605
not really, it is a lot deeper than that, maybe if you play on the easier dificulties, but going anything higher than 6 or playing against experienced players requires a lot more than what the advisors could ever tell you, and more than just a couple of games.
>>
>>321160964
>tfw never had this problem
If anything, my biggest campaign killers have been the faggots who have no understanding of party synergy, socially or mechanically. I can't corral autists and the emotionally unintelligent for shit. That, and people with busy schedules. If you can't take four hours of your Saturday on a whim, why'd you even bother?
>>
>>321161102
Agreed. I had a hard time beating the game on 5 until about my sixth game in. At that point, though, I completely dominated the map. Part of me wonders how much of Civ5 is based on luck, and I feel like it's a lot.
>>
>>321161102

And from the sound of things, the guys were probably playing on a pretty standard setting. Considering they play crap like LoL, they're probably foreign to the concept of difficulties and didn't bother to check it was at one of the easiest levels by default
>>
>>321155308
>Civ
>multiplayer
Disgusting.
>>
>>321157286
this
civ 5 is pretty much retard tier.
The fucking buttons are big and bright.
>>
>>321161298

If you change the option for location based advantages, which make sure you start off somewhere realistic to your civ, it can fall to luck since you're then cast to the winds and could wind up in a place that isn't suited for Egypt at all
>>
>>321161298
well, besides getting good lands, i think the rest is pretty skill based, only when multiplayer tho, the cpu is a cheating bastard

>>321161315
this, and 4x and GS are so diferent than other genres, previous videogame experience really does not help

>>321161351
multi is a lot more fun, sure beats having to rush NC and education literally every deity game
>>
>>321161298
a good starting location causes immense snowballing which can get to the point where you're 50 turns ahead simply because of where you started
>>
>>321161428
actually Egypt is a fairly bad example for this given its starting bias is detrimental to its play style at times, and its not the only civ like this. Every single civ with a tundra start bias is better without it.

Only ones that actually need their starting bias are civs like the Incas or the Netherlands
>>
>>321161658
>dfw william on flood plains
>>
>>321161658

Eh, it usually does well with some desert and tree locales. But if you have the misfortune of getting stuck in a place with ice, you can shit of luck no matter what since things like the chariot horses are quite useful for that civ starting out
>>
I don't know, I think it's a social thing. If someone invites me to something my first response is to ask them if I don't know something, I mean I know they already know so why put in the effort to figure it out myself.

Yeah it's kinda stupid but it's almost instinctive.
>>
>>321161658
desert starts in civ5 are second only to plains so long as you have some hills and mining resources
>>
>>321161904
What the fuck are you trying to say
>>
>>321161904

From the sound of things, OP did answer their questions. But even then, the game is extremely eager to help you one first playthroughs unless you disable their helpfulness.
>>
>>321162024
Ironically I only read like half of OP's post.
>>
>>321161803
actually egypt's starting bias is to avoid trees as much as possible
>>
File: 1445581017461.png (2 MB, 1934x1088) Image search: [Google]
1445581017461.png
2 MB, 1934x1088
>>321155308
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKK

MAXIMUM FUCKING RAGE.
>>
>>321162004
yeh but egypt doesn't have a desert starting bias
only ones that do are arabia and morocco
and desert starts CAN fuck you up royally if the area you're dropped in has little to no floodplains
>>
>>321162203
I was surprised they didn't add in cs to the mix, serms mainstream enough these days
>>
>>321162272
or nothing but floodplains
>>
>>321162162

But it's tree tiles and the open ones by them that normally have the horses. If you can't get horses for Egypt, there's almost no point in trying to play them.
>>
>>321162346
why?
war chariot's unique ability is it doesn't require the horses resource
getting horses has a fairly low priority to Egypt, more important is finding a way to actually use your ability to build wonders to any effect
>>
>>321162453

They're still useful as trade for other resources as many early fast units require them. If you can get a good corner on the horse market, you can bargain for a lot. Even then, Egypt still isn't good for something like tundras, though very few civs are able to thrive on those if they wind up smack in the middle of them
>>
>>321162628
sadly Egypt's starting bias in absolutely no way excludes it from tundra starts
only positive thing about it is it avoids full jungle starts
>>
File: aepLPM5_700b.jpg (31 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
aepLPM5_700b.jpg
31 KB, 610x458
>>321155308
>2015
>turn based
they're right, anon.
>>
>>321162742

That's the thing though, while some civs could make the most of a tundra start, Egypt really isn't one of them. And while it might have the no-horse requirement for the special units, it is one of the civs that needs to a good boon of resources to thrive best if you play for domination, which often requires a great deal of trading and bartering to build up your forces for the eventual ass stomping. Though I didn't see the whole map in one game I had where it was AI controlled, they kicked the living shit out of America and Germany before we were on the 300th turn
>>
Civ V is one of the easiest games to learn that I've ever fucking played, and I'm the kind of special case that uses tutorials.
Fuck Civ V tells you exactly what to do with adviser recommendations.
>>
>>321161538
>the cpu is a cheating bastard

I really hate the cpu difficulty options in this game. AI doesn't play any better, it just doesn't have to think about resources or gold at all. No point making AI going bankrupt because it still can maintain big army and it definitely ruins big part of strategic planning for me.
>>
>>321155308
>friend of mine has 200+ hours in civ5
>lets play multiplayer with the ai!
>he does poorly
>always complains
>restart the game on the next day
>he does poorly
>complains again
>restart the game on the next day
>he does poorly
>complains a lot
>never play again

He knew how the game works, knew all the rules, and claims he has beaten Deity many times, but in multiplayer, when the AI is passive and generally plays worse than singleplayer, he still cant manage. Oh my starting area is bad, I didnt get any runes, barbarians always spawn on my trade routes, etc. Three days in a row this shit, constant complaining, and at the end of the day saying we should start a new game, due to bad RNG.

Anyway, I find that turn based games arent good to play with friends like that, because very often you have a 2 second long turn, while they have a 4 minute turn, or the opposite, and you end up stressing each other. Also often one person will be doing very well, while the other very bad, and one person is thus happy and snowballing, while the other just complains. It creates a difference in moods and ruins the conversation and the game.
Compare with Counter Strike, for example. Yes, one player can be doing much better than the other, but every round you start over, and you both have the same resources, you can even buy your guy a gun or whatever. You dont have this difference in mood and you either both win or both lose.
>>
>>321155308
>Wanna play league
Kill yourself and your friends too
>>
>>321163426

To be fair, the game does have some technical issues and that sort of bullshit.

>have like 3 units near an enemy
>Closest one is killed
>This somehow magically cloaks the enemy despite the remaining 2 units more than close enough to keep them in site
>Next turn, the enemy has fucking run off

Or worse, it was around a barbarian camp and the niglets have just shat out a new unit you have to contend with. They might never get too bad unless you and the other "players" fail to wipe them out, where they then get advanced enough to have choppers, but man is that shit with the fog of war crap sometimes
>>
>>321163709
This isnt a technical issue, sight is related to terrain or unit promotions.
Was that guy on a hill? Is there a jungle between the other guys and the enemy? Stuff like that.
Seems you arent fully able to understand this otherwise very basic and simple system.
>>
>>321155308
>Playing TBS online.

The fuck did you expect, anon?
Anything more complex than a direct confrontation (chess, HoMM battle mode,...) is a no-no.
That's what RTS games are for.
>>
>>321163827

It's still pretty fucking retarded when the enemy is quite literally spaced one tile apart from another of my units and just gets shrouded. That's not good gameplay, it's shoddy
>>
>>321164038
Your unit is on low ground. The next tile is hill, or mountain, or forest, or jungle. The next tile is an enemy.
Thus your unit cant see the enemy, because there is an obstacle in the way. If your unit were on a hill, it could see there.

I think its a fine system, and that you are nitpicking really hard here.
>>
>>321164038
or you know, you lost a strategic position which had severe repercussions, here in the form of the enemy movements being much harder to track

which is something that was a MAJOR part of warfare before the advent of air recon, a mechanic that's ALSO present ingame
>>
>>321164194

In a hilly place, sure it could be justified. But when in the fucking open plains? No, that's just horseshit, not a nitpick.

>>321164202

Pretty sure if you and your enemy are on a flat plain, you should be fucking able to see them. Come the fuck on now, even people admit this shit in XCOM is crummy when aliens magically vanish despite having a soldier practically hugging the opposite side of the wall the alien is using
>>
>>321164441
>But when in the fucking open plains? No, that's just horseshit, not a nitpick.

It doesnt happen in that case. Dont bother lying, I've played the game enough.
>>
>>321164441
unless they disappear beyond the horizon, which is what happened given the size of the tiles
>>
>>321164441
>despite having a soldier practically hugging the opposite side of the wall the alien is using
Unless the wall is transparent, thats fine.
>>
>>321164532

Not lying though. I've seen it happen when I've got 3 or more units, and the closest is killed, yet somehow this is enough for the enemy to be shrouded despite the other units being close enough they should still see the enemy. The fog of war is just not perfect, simple as that
>>
>>321164649
You either are lying, or you are mistaken. Either way, at this point you are only posting for the sake of not losing an argument on a chinese toy forum.
>>
>>321164553

Except they didn't run beyond the "horizon"
>>
>>321164737

>you're lying because I say so

Great argument, chief. Fact remains, the fog system is buggy at times and will cloak enemies even when you still have the units close enough to see them
>>
>>321164847
>Fact remains
Claim remains. No fact here. And in my thousands of hours with the game, single and mutliplayer, in all of its versions and DLC, with and without mods, I've never seen it happen.

You are full of shit, mate, weather you realize it or not. Retire yourself.
>>
>>321165020

Oh sure, the game has no bugs. Like how a city will bombard a billion missiles at a unit. Or things like the SAMs will never complete their animation as their missile pods flicker. Face it pal, the game has some technical issues, anyone who has played it knows this for a fact. And one of those is the fog can be iffy at times when you have units with good enough sight and yet the enemy kills a unit and just vanishes into darkness with barely a tile distance.

You're full of shit, fuck off
>>
>>321157145
what's your steam?
>>
>>321165174
>Like how a city will bombard a billion missiles at a unit.
Not a bug, its a design decision.
>Or things like the SAMs will never complete their animation as their missile pods flicker.
Animation issue, irrelevant to gameplay, especially since 99% of players dont use move and combat animations.
>Face it pal, the game has some technical issues, anyone who has played it knows this for a fact.
Not the ones you mentioned, pal. Smells to me you havent played the game much, and lack the confidence to admit it.

Quit any time now.
>>
>>321165396

No, it's not a design decision, it's a bug, seeing as how the sound clips out and last far longer than the normal animation limit.

And the fog being iffy is a known bug. Just because you don't have as much trouble with it doesn't mean nobody else ever has. Christ, there's a point where defending issues crosses into flat out ignoring them.
>>
>>321165538
>is a known bug
Only mentions of such a thing come from 2013, and they all fall into either graphic card bullshit (grayed out tile, not fog of war), or the poster not understanding how fog works.

Do replicate it in game and post the screenshot, though. Should be easy to load a game, get a scout and a couple of units near a camp, and have the scout die.
>>
>>321165734

Or the fact that the game has some glitches. It's Firaxis, everyone knows that their games aren't without hiccups, even when fully updated and patched.
>>
>>321165846
The fact that the game has other issues doesnt prove the fog bug.
The fact that its Firaxis doesnt prove the fog bug.
You are full of shit and you know it.
>>
>>321165960

Pal, just because you haven't seen it doesn't exist. Christ, there's no harm in admitting the game has some hiccups. It's not like I'm saying I should be able to see everything after having seen it even if no units are nearby. But when only one or two tiles are between my guys who have the enemy surrounded, and it greys out on them, that's pretty shoddy
>>
>>321166123
>Pal, just because you haven't seen it doesn't exist.
Show it to me. Start the game and show it. You cant, because it doesnt exist.
>Christ, there's no harm in admitting the game has some hiccups.
It does have issues. Multiplayer desyncs, crippled multiplayer AI, bad AI gold management, game not recognizing what mods are used in a save and having to manually load them, no mods in multiplayer, AI slowing turn speed considerably as the game goes on, AI calculating all moves at the same time, instead of moving one unit and using the new vision information to decide how to move the others, etc.
Its a deeply flawed game, technically and by design. Its issues have to do with mods, multiplayer and AI. Not with fog. Fog is fine.
>It's not like I'm saying I should be able to see everything after having seen it even if no units are nearby. But when only one or two tiles are between my guys who have the enemy surrounded, and it greys out on them, that's pretty shoddy
Which is why it doesnt happen, and you are making it up or misremembering it. See, I am leaving you a door to make your escape. It was a hill, there were jungles, it was a tile away, whatever. You misremembered it.
>>
>>321166368

Because I'm not going to spend 20 minutes waiting for the moment to show itself. Not to mention it's late as fuck on my end.

The fog does have some iffyness to it. Loads of Civ players attest to this. And no, I don't mean the perma-fog glitch which is indeed a graphics issue.

I am not making it up. I just saw it yesterday while attacking a city with some enemies. All the nearby tiles were open, and yet the moment my closest unit is killed, the enemy is shrouded despite my other units being practically in spitting distance. It wasn't hills or jungles, I admitted those are indeed valid reasons for the enemies to vanish.

I didn't "misremembered" it, I saw it happen. The fog system can be iffy at times. If so much in the game can be iffy and buggy, why not the fog? There's no harm in admitting it could happen, you're just lucky to not encounter something like that. It happens, like how some people manage to play games with framerate issues and not see as bad stutter as others
>>
> play civ5
> 1900s hit
> population freaks the fuck out no matter what ideology I pick
> -40 happiness

oh fuck you too game
>>
>get Civ5
>install mods
>play as Horo

Maximum comfy
>>
>>321166768
You spend 40 turns lying on the internet about it, instead of starting the game, making 3 units in a minute, and walking to the nearby barbarian camp.
>Loads of Civ players attest to this.
Only in 2013, and wrongly so, as their issues were later agreed, by the posters including, to be VGA related or not understanding how fog works. I hope your case is the latter, and you arent lying for sport.
>I am not making it up.
Remains to be proven.
>The fog system can be iffy at times.
Saying it over and over doesnt make it true.
>If so much in the game can be iffy and buggy, why not the fog?
If so much is buggy, why not the font? If so much is buggy, why not have cities being able to move, or banks giving you a free scientist each turn? What a non argument you are throwing. One thing being buggy doesnt prove the existence of another particular bug.
>There's no harm in admitting it could happen
Entering pathetic territory here. But there actually is no harm in admitting you are making shit up. Not like your account will lose karma, or other users will point tot hispost when you are discussing the game a week from now. One of the advantages of 4chan over forums, make use of it.
>>
>>321166861
If you have more cultural influence over other ideology players than they have over you, this wont happen.
Ideology pressure is related on the difference between their influence on you, and yours on them.

tl;dr Work on your culture (bigger pool makes it harder for them to influence you) or on your tourism (makes it easier on you to influence them). A shortcut to both is to conquer major cities, as those often include culture and tourism producing buildings and wonders, and also take them away from the enemy.
>>
>>321155308
>not showing your friends the game and asking them if they like it before anything

anon if you buy my civ v i will play with you
>>
>>321167530
I am not sure you want to play Cv5 with other people causally, since the most popular strategy is making several chariot archers and killing your neighbor. It doesnt make for friendly games.
>>
>>321167241

You're the only one saying I'm lying, which I'm not. Just because you haven't encountered the issues doesn't mean it's all some elaborate lie.

Seriously, you're making too much of a deal about a feature in the game that plenty of people can spotty at times. Again, I'm not expecting some easy pass because I saw the enemy and should have a magical lock-on, but the fog does have it's share of wonkiness at times, even when you have units practically on top of a guy.

I don't have to give you pictures, if you don't want to believe me, fine. But that doesn't mean I'm lying or having a fuzzy memory.
>>
>>321155308
Kek, i played hotseat with my friends once, It wasnt me idea. After 40 turn one of them just zone out. The second gave up when he sam me manually changing tyle assigment. He Told me its only fun when nobody knows how to play. I liked That guys, they're my friends but after i acknowledge that the second Plays only on settler and other stuff wich i mention, i wanted to just bash his head open.
>>
>>321167601
I never played online now im glad i never did
>tfw you just like to build shit and see you empire grow and dominate everybody economically
>>
>>321167241
>>321166768
Holy shit
Are you two gonna fuck or what
>>
>>321167631
>You're the only one saying I'm lying
I am the only one fool enough to respond to your bullshit. I'm fixing that though, going out for lunch after this post.
>which I'm not.
Easily proven, yet you refuse to do so. So you are, and are aware of it. Trying to save internet cred by refusing to back down.
>Just because you haven't encountered the issues doesn't mean it's all some elaborate lie.
Not me, with my thousands of hours on all versions of the game, not my numerous friends who play it, nobody ever complained about it in multiplayer, not anyone on the forums ever pointed this out.
>Seriously, you're making too much of a deal about a feature in the game that plenty of people can spotty at times.
So you claim, and you have nothing. No links to forum posts, no screenshots, no links to videos. You can easily replicate it, and choose not to, because you know it doesnt exist.
> Again, I'm not expecting some easy pass because I saw the enemy and should have a magical lock-on, but the fog does have it's share of wonkiness at times, even when you have units practically on top of a guy.
So you claim, and you have nothing. A game having one bug doesnt mean it also has that one other particular bug that else saw ever.
>I don't have to give you pictures, if you don't want to believe me, fine. But that doesn't mean I'm lying or having a fuzzy memory.
Pathetic as fuck, lad. Hopefully you are genuinely retarded, and its out of your power to make sense, else I take great pity on you.

>>321167762
I really dislike people who refuse to admit they are wrong, even when it becomes obvious. I dislike being hungry more though, so I'm out.
>>
>>321167762

Trap card are supposed to be traps, not just something you whip out to discard an opponent's hand
>>
>>321168056

Whatever, you can say I'm lying when I know I'm not, and have pointed out something plenty of others admit is spotty about the game. Good riddance.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.