[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that nobody besides Nintendo has been able to successfully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: BGE-cover.jpg (45 KB, 256x344) Image search: [Google]
BGE-cover.jpg
45 KB, 256x344
Why is it that nobody besides Nintendo has been able to successfully create Zelda style games with the same degree of quality and intricacy?
>>
>intricacy

They're shallow adventure games, OP.
>>
>>321149886
Where are all the actually super deep action adventure games then?
>>
Even Nintendo forgot how to make good zelda games after Link's Awakening
>>
>>321149825
Because people want to make actual good games.
>>
File: 1251235.png (777 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1251235.png
777 KB, 900x506
I'm sorry , Both games are better than any zelda game that came after TP.

>inb4 edgy.

Look at your shitty animes before calling something edgy.
>>
>>321153567
>any zelda game that came after TP

That cuts out so much that there's barely any point of making the comparison.
>>
>>321153676
Kinda hard to beat Wind waker man.
But i love WW and DS equally.
>>
>>321149825
This belongs in /vr/.
>>
>>321153981

You belong on a noose but we both can't have what we want.
>>
I liked Okami.
>>
>>321153567
I couldn't care less for whatever flowery, baseless claims you're trying to make; however, God damn it stings to be reminded of these great games only to also recall that they won't be finished.
Such a blue-ball teaser with the end of Darksiders 2. Glad to find someone else who appreciated those games
>>
File: c58f50d1efa3a0f9a8947e19ffcfebcb.jpg (380 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
c58f50d1efa3a0f9a8947e19ffcfebcb.jpg
380 KB, 1680x1050
>>321149825
>Why is it that nobody besides Nintendo has been able to successfully create Zelda style games with the same degree of quality and intricacy?
Hey OP. Educate yourself.
>>
>>321154136
I didn't. Its exactly the kind of hipster bullshit that is everything Zelda should strive to not be.
>>
>Sequel NEVER

I fucking hate you, Ubisoft.
>>
>>321154583
It would probably be shit anyway.
>>
>>321154136
It's certainly better than any 3D Zelda game, at the very least.
>>
>>321154583
Maybe someday anon... Maybe someday...
>>
>>321154583
It will happen someday, in my dreams.
>>
File: Soleil Crusader Of Centy (5).jpg (79 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
Soleil Crusader Of Centy (5).jpg
79 KB, 640x479
I made a similar thread a while ago and compiled the recs I got. Any suggestions/corrections appreciated

8 Bits:
Zelda (NES)
Golden Axe Warrior (Master System)

Handheld:
Zelda Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
For The Frog The Bell Tolls (GB) -> Made by Zelda devs, uses the same engine as LA but never released in the west, you can find a fan translation patch
Zelda Oracle Of Ages / Oracle Of Seasons (GBC)
Zelda Minish Cap (GBA)

16 Bits:
Zelda A Link To The Past (SNES)
Marvellous (SNES) -> Made by Zelda devs, uses the same engine as ALTTP but never released in the west, you can find a fan translation patch
Gunman's Proof (SNES) -> Western-inspired Zelda-like, never released in the west, you can find a fan translation patch
Quintet ARPG Trilogy: Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma (SNES)
Soleil / Crusader Of Centy (Genesis) -> one of the best Zelda clones

+32 Bits:
Zelda Ocarina Of Time (N64)
Zelda Majora's Mask (N64)
Zelda Wind Waker (GC)
Zelda Twilight Princess (GC)
Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii U)
Shining Wisdom (Saturn)
EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear (Dreamcast)
Alundra (PS1) -> one of the best Zelda clones
Okami (PS2) -> one of the best Zelda clones
Anodyne (PC) decent Link's Awakening clone made by indie devs

Should also mention games like Goemon series (SNES), Wonder Boy In Monster World (Genesis), Tomba (PS1), Shovel Knight (PC) for having Zelda 2-like elements, or RPGs like Pokemon (GB) or Mother series (NES/SNES/GBA) for having close Nintendo feels, I seem to enjoy them for similar reasons anyway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.