[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it feel like it removed more stuff from NV than it added?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: fallout 4.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why does it feel like it removed more stuff from NV than it added?
>>
File: ScreenShot204.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot204.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Can't really compare it to NV, different dev team alltogether with a different design philosophy
>>
>>321145338
>Can't really compare it to NV

yes you can
>>
>[CHR10] skip the gameplay

Remind me again why this is good
>>
>>321145596
>[CHR10] different gameplay path

Because it gave you options.

You could fight/talk/sneak/steal/run your way out of situations.

Do you want a FPSRPG or a FPSrpg? Think of it.
>>
>>321146516
Can't be a bad guy no matter what you do unless if we count asking for a higher reward as being bad.
>>
>>321145338
You can't compare any 2 games unless they were made by the exact same people
>>
>>321146816
>Baldur's Gate can't be compared to Icewind Dale
>Armored Core can be compared to Demons Souls
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 316x208
>>321146816
That's some retarded fucking logic right there

Please try to explain to me how that works and it isn't just an excuse so people can't shitter shatter games you like
>>
>>321146719
>Can convince the boomer's love interest to walk into boomer territory without a jacket, causing the boomers to blow her up infront of him.
>Can kill Goodsprings with the Powdergangers.
>Can commit genocide with actual repercussions.
>Can convince the human to blow up the ghoul spaceship.
Naaa
>>
>>321146719
We can, actually.
>Piper disliked that
>Piper disliked that
>Piper disliked that
>>
>>321146719
>>321147396
Wait, were you talking about 4 or NV?
>>
>>321145160
Because it is a shitty cash-grab fps with 40 hours of gameplay
>>
>>321147492
>Piper

MacCready, Danse and Dogmeat are the only acceptable companions
>>
>>321145160
Because they did. Fewer weapons, fewer unique weapons, fewer unique quests, fewer perks, absolutely gutted unarmed mechanics etc. The weapon modding mechanics became slightly more robust and settlement crafting isn't irrevocably broken, but neither are particularly substantial systems.
>>
>>321147669
Why is Nick never discussed here?
He's clearly the best
>>
>>321145160

>Why does it feel like it removed more stuff from NV than it added?

Because it did?
>>
>>321147669
>Maccready
>Danse
>Picking one of the companions that can talk
>>
File: fallout.jpg (126 KB, 1081x439) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
126 KB, 1081x439
>>
>>321145160
Because they indeed remove stuff
>>321145338
This tbqhwy fammas.

>>321146816
I bet that sounded pretty smart in your little head
>>
>>321146892
>>321146964
reddit
>>
>>321147757
Nick's boring. Him being a synth is fucking meaningless and he's much too moral for the setting and the kind of work he does. The waifu crowd flocks to Cait, Piper, and Sexbot. The truly underrated companions are Killnigger 3000 and Codsworth.
>>
>>321146719
Shoot everyone and steal all the shit.

Something tells me you haven't played the game much.
>>
>>321147934
>oh no, my poorly placed bait has failed
>i-I know, i'll s-show them!

Go suck a nigger's cock while doing meth you stupid fucking underaged faggot
>>
>>321148323
Half the people can't die, and "hurr look at me I killed everyone and stole everything" is really shitty as the only way of roleplaying an evil character. Only a mentally ill person would just go around on a shooting spree. Real evil options are ones that actually benefit your character and involve a choice beyond pulling a trigger.
>>
>>321147830
>Beth showed me how a Fallout should be done

By having atmospheric but otherwise unaffected world where you're just a puppet in a game? Where the characters are as deep as a bucket of water? Where everything thing is casually laid out for you, with no choices but an "optional", that in the end has almost no effect to the plot? Piss. Off.
>>
>>321148323
That's pretty uninspired and boring as far as "being bad" goes. Do I get to talk a faction into dying for an enemy they despise or sell my companions into slavery/to cannibals?
>>
>>321145160
Because they did.
No alternate ammo, armor system is retarded again, half the perks are "20% more damage with X", no skills, etc.
>>
>>321147669
I've kept piper from the start. I made lesbian lovers with her and gave her my dead husbands wedding ring
>>
>>321149261
yeah, the fuck was up with this.

I can't be a dick at all, that's half the fun of role playing games. (at least for me)
>>
>>321150309
Nuh-uh, you can rudely and impatiently tell settlers that you "aren't the tooth fairy" before agreeing to single-handedly killing fifty raiders for them for free.
>>
>>321148712
>half are essential
Again, play the game.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Essential

As for karma, well, Fallout 3 has more options. But then again, a lot of these options are either a cheap way to get karma (handing somebody water none stop). In the end, it's down to kill everyone, drug people, sell everyone, and steal everything in both Fallouts. It's just less explicit in Fallout 3.

In the end, it's better to be the good guy.

Selling people as slaves in Fallout:NV would've been a nice touch though. Thank god for mods, right?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_%28Fallout:_New_Vegas%29

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_%28Fallout_3%29

>>321149261
You can utterly butcher the BoS faction just by talking, but you won't lose karma for it I think :P

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_House_Always_Wins_V
>>
>>321150540
When I meant talking, I meant talking your way in, stealing a couple of cards, then blowing up the place.
>>
>>321150540
I was talking about New Vegas, anon. You can do both of those things in NV.
>>
>>321148351
It wasn't bait, he was taking the original statement and showing why it was ridiculous.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.