[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What series do you feel the most sentimental towards?--like you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_m2mwd9mwOU1qg8i80o1_500.jpg (57 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2mwd9mwOU1qg8i80o1_500.jpg
57 KB, 500x676
What series do you feel the most sentimental towards?--like you grew up with it and can associate each new game with different parts of your life. Most importantly, you'll always check out a new entry no matter how far it has fallen.

Like a lot of people, I would say Mario even though I haven't even played them all (New Super marios bros 2, 3d Land, etc). I've definitely been disappointed at times but a new mainline Mario game is always something i'll be excited about.
>>
>>321144020

I'll always keep an ear to the ground for another real fable game. Bothers me that they keep trying to force this shitty legends co-op game.
>>
File: 1426205034546.png (161 KB, 442x325) Image search: [Google]
1426205034546.png
161 KB, 442x325
I was born in 86 and I have a few.

Zelda, Mario, Doom/Quake.

I still hold a torch for earthbound and metal gear solid though. That shit was extremely informative to my youth. I didnt have parents for the most part, so Earthbound was my childhood and the metal gear series formed my early teens.
>>
Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy games are shit as of recent, but I just can't stop.
>>
>>321144020
>street fighter
>castlevania
>FIFA
>>
Mario has been a huge part of my life all my life and I've played every Mario game, yet Mario 3D world still managed to become my favorite Mario game yet. The game is level design perfection.
>>
FF
>>
>>321144020
the Mario RPGs and Kirby
Luckily Kirby has been pretty much consistently good
>>
Literally Golden Sun

>Can't play any game now with checking every stove, table, corner or crevice because I'm afraid I'll miss a valuable item
>disappointed when there's actually know items to find
>If the JRPG has no summons my desire to move forward goes into the shitter
>turn based combat that pretty much fuckked me over and now hate any JRPG that wants to go the action route

I played the first two so many time it's fucking stupid. I pretend the 3rd doesn't exist

If Nintendo wasn't fucking stupid they'd make GS their Final Fantasy.
>>
>>321144020
I was born in 89 and honestly didn't really get to play Video games until around 7 or 8.

So I have a strange situation where I'm sentimental to SNES, PSX and N64 Equally.
>>
>>321145349
i'm kind of lucky i started playing the Mario RPGs for the first time this year so i missed out on the massive disappointent you must have faced
>>
>>321145725
yeah there was a good decade there
>>
Pokemon games in general
I'm starting to get kind of sad whenever there's a cool new thing in one of the games because they never seem to bring them back in the next release. I just want voltorb flip back.
>>
probably the ace attorney games, despite not having played the untranslated ones yet
>>
>>321144020
Sadly... Metal Gear Solid series
>>
Tomb Raider, honestly had a bit of falling out during the PS2 era and beyond. TR1 still the best, rediscovering TR4 to be really good when you give it a chance.

The series never really knew what it was doing beyond the first game so I don't have much of a grudge towards any of the bad games.
>>
Rather embarrassingly WoW. I can associate each of the expansions to periods in my life
>>
>>321144020

Final Fantasy
>>
>>321144020
Sonic.
>>
>>321147097
What was the lowest point?

Not necessarily the worst game, but just the most afraid you've been for the series
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.