[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a lot of talk about how video games have gradually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: haggord.jpg (69 KB, 787x655) Image search: [Google]
haggord.jpg
69 KB, 787x655
There's a lot of talk about how video games have gradually gotten worse, but when would you say was the final nail in the coffin?
>>
>>
Grand Theft Auto 5
I really hope the next big boring fad isn't quite as intolerable as the sandbox fad.
>>
Videogames havent gotten worse, you've just played so many of them you have completely impossible standards to meet.

I say this as someone who has been playing videogames since the age of 3, for 20 years.

You can't ever recapture the magic of your youth, because you're not a naive easily impressed child.
>>
>>321141514
GTA 3 started it, 7th gen sealed the fate.
>>
Pong
>>
>>321142563
Disagree. For reference, I love the smash 4 roster and never learned to wave dash, but melee was the best smash. Adventure mode was the shit, the difference between it and 64 was night and day. Compare to 4's garbage smash run and even the menu layouts for God's sake. I clock loads of time in 4's multiplayer but it clearly wasn't the labor of love that previous entries were
>>
>>321142563
Counterpoint: I can play old games I never played before and still enjoy them.
>>
>>321141514

ME3 exemplified everything wrong with the gaming industry in one awful package
>>
File: file.png (114 KB, 467x295) Image search: [Google]
file.png
114 KB, 467x295
>>321143151
I met a girl who sang the blues and I asked her for some happy news.

But she just smiled and turned away.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x720
I went down to the sacred store where I'd heard the music years before.

But the man there said the music wouldn't play.
>>
And in the streets the children screamed, the lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.

But not a word was spoken.

The church bells all were broken.
>>
File: file.png (118 KB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
file.png
118 KB, 300x182
>>321143834
Forgot pic and fucked it all up.

Maybe next time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.