[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>single-player has terrible AI >multiplayer has a dead,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: hothead.png (251 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
hothead.png
251 KB, 800x600
>single-player has terrible AI
>multiplayer has a dead, cancerous, or tryhard fanbase
Why can't I win?
>>
Stop playing games competitively. If you're so competitive, go play real sports.
>>
Would you say it's TOO MUCH?
>>
>>321140758

I would say I'm too much.
>>
>>321140690
I have no problem with people playing games competitively, as long as they don't strip the game of its variety.

How many games do we know that were once fun in the beginning, with players using diverse, exciting maps/settings/characters that, in the end, are stripped down to bare symmetries in favor of "balance?"
>>
>>321141749

>How many games do we know that were once fun in the beginning, with players using diverse, exciting maps/settings/characters that, in the end, are stripped down to bare symmetries in favor of "balance?"

Which is why I dislike multiplayer games as a whole. Because every single one that gets popular suffers that fate. From Starcraft to Counter Strike to Smash Bros to even Mario Kart 8. Fucking Mario Kart 8 has become serious business of all things! Nothing but Baby Park and all Links. Nothing else is allowed!
>>
>AI hasn't improved in a decade

fuck this shit industry
>>
>>321142287
wow, I never really played MK8, but yeah, that sounds terrible.

Is it because Link is the best?

All I see in Smash 4 now is people playing as Cloud. He's apparently good, but it could also be that he's new.
>>
>>321143414

Link is a DLC character, but his stats by themselves are no different than any other medium weight character (peach, Daisy, ShyGuy, Yoshi, etc).

His bike on the other hand is the best bike in the game. With a 0.5 increase in speed compared to the other bikes. I use it while playing Isabelle.

But they're not obsessing over his bike. Just the character.
>>
File: 2 ELITE 2 QUIT.jpg (20 KB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
2 ELITE 2 QUIT.jpg
20 KB, 350x258
"god this AI is so fucking stupid and boring to play against i just faceroll everything i wish there was a challenge"

"waaaaaaahhh fucking tryhards why won't you just let me win fucking faggots im playing for FUN and i only have fun when you let me win"
>>
>>321143856
There's a middle ground. What if you want fun, interesting, varied games that are against intelligent opponents?
>>
>>321144216
try not being a retard
>>
>>321144216
no there isn't a middle ground you're just a shitter. if you're gonna play a racing game you play to win and have fun trying to win or you play for fun and have fun driving backwards and crashing head on into the other cars.

you're just not actually competitive but want to pretend to be so when you get involved with people who actually are you throw a bitchfit about how its not varied or exciting because you can't randomly drive head on into a wall whenever you want and still be able to win
>>
>>321140186
Sounds like MGSV with its FOBs to me. Fucking FOBs dude...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.