[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is this game? Is it at least worth a playthrough? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: dragon_age_inquisition-wide[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition-wide[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
So how is this game?

Is it at least worth a playthrough?

Are there any mods to make it less SJW/Ugly?
>>
>>321137760
Did- did anyone play it?
>>
>>321137760
It's a decent game to get on sale. Not sure about the mods though. Make sure you've played 2, or else you won't have any idea what the hell is goig on
>>
>>321139148
I did play 2, unfortunately.

Any fun tips? Like what class doesn't suck ass in this one?
>>
File: 1407280096048.jpg (69 KB, 617x960) Image search: [Google]
1407280096048.jpg
69 KB, 617x960
>frostbite
>mods

It's an okay game, though. I put ~100 hours into it.
>>
>>321139250
Every class is strong as shit--some enough to break the game entirely.

That's the main problem with the game. It's supposed to be team-based but your character turns into a fucking wrecking machine regardless of the difficulty.

I personally enjoyed Reaver. It at least required you to pay attention lest you kill yourself while wrecking everything in sight.
>>
>>321139583
What's a Reaver?
>>
>>321139698
A warrior specialization.
>>
>>321139698
Warrior who loses health for damage output
>>
>>321139698
the best DPS specialization in the entire game other than maybe assassin
>>
>>321137760
If you played the first two or just origins, don't fucking bother, game is a shallow sell out piece of shit, but if you have not played those, then rent it or some shit but it's not really worth a place in a library
>>
>>321139250
Dual-wielding rogue gets a weapon that makes enemies violently explode when they die. ANY enemy. Even the Dragons.

Oh and Dragon fights alone are one of the coolest aspects of the game.
>>
>>321140028
So.. kinda like blood knights?
>>
>>321140206
Dont think its anywhere as good as origins? fair enough- but at least give inquisition more credit than Dragon Age 2
>>
>>321140206
There's no way it's more shallow or "sell out" than "awesome button" Dragon Age 2
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0403_Final.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0403_Final.png
1 MB, 1440x900
Here's the thing, the main missions of the game are great from a setpiece standpoint. They, if nothing else, manage to keep you interested on what your main character is going to do. There's very little choice involved, and the best quest in the game [the Winter Palace ball] is strictly inferior to the Landsmeet scene in Origins when it comes to choices and your ability to influence the outcome. But the writing, surprisingly, still has a sparkle of greatness and makes you feel like an actual Inquisitor with some actual plot power.

All of it falls apart at the ending, though. The game comes to an end without resolving half the plot points it hinted would be addressed, and the final confrontation is anti-hype as all hell.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>321141197
Sounds like yet another rushed Bioware release.

Or basically, every Bioware release since Mass Effect
>>
>>321140673
>>321140537

look at least 2 continued the story of the first game, and to be fair both games have less technical problems, but inquisition didn't do shit accept fuck with the perfectly set up mage/templar war storyline and pander to the lgbtqhogivesashit crowd, I was hyped as fuck for inquisition and it let me the fuck down, I have more a personal vendetta against it, but I really don't think it was at all a good sequel or a good game in general
>>
>>321141518
To be honest, I'd rate the writing quality of the main missions above that of the main missions in Mass Effect 1 and 2, except for the final mission of 2.. It's also a vast improvement over Dragon Age 2, but nowhere as good as Origins. It's hard to explain, the writing of the game excels in certain areas but falls short horribly in others.
>>
Still total garbage compared to origins.

>do a main story mission
>now grind for a few hours
>story mission
>grind a few hours
>story mission
>grind a few hours

Every single main plot point you get to, is going to have a chunk of grind right behind it. If you could reasonably skip the grindy pointless side quests (that by the way have no meaningful dialogue, unlike da:o), you could play the whole game in like 3 hours tops.

Not to mention it fucks everything up story wise.
>>
>>321141714
The mage/templar shit was the dumbest shit ever.

Bioware can't write politics or tension to save their lives. The best thing to come out of that damn storyline in Dragon Age 2 is in Act 1 with the Qunari- which ended in the most anticlimactic matter ever, and lead to the dumbest clusterfuck of a climax in act 3.

I wish I could've just joined the Qunari and killed everyone.
>>
It's legitimately terrible. Don't waste your money if you haven't already.

There isn't a single sidequest of any substance in the entire game. It's all laundry list, checklist type stuff. There's very little freedom to actually roleplay because you're the leader of a huge military organization and everything you do has to fit in with that framework. The party members are mostly shit, the final boss fight is a complete joke, and the War Room system that forces you to wait sometimes 72+ hours real life time just for a quest to end is absolutely insane.

DA:I is trash.
>>
>Dual wielding rogue
>Specialize Assassin
>Get weapon that builds guard on hit
>Go from glass cannon to just a cannon
>>
>>321142039
>War Room system that forces you to wait sometimes 72+ hours real life time just for a quest to end is absolutely insane.
That's why there's a mod to make war room missions instant ;)
>>
>>321141714
your reasoning basically boils down to it fucked with the lore, which it didnt. And the "pandering" isnt anything beyond optional romances. Dragon Age 2 was alot worse with its EPIC MAGE/TEMPLAR WAR nonplot and its irrelevance to the series
>>
>There are people in this thread who didn't pick knight enchanter

Fukken gays
>>
>>321141714
>and pander to the lgbtqhogivesashit crowd

Here's an interesting point, for all the excessive pandering that the pre-release material kept throwing at everyone, the game itself is surprisingly... tasteful, with a couple exceptions.

There are only two characters you could call social justice bait in this game, Krem, and Dorian.

And of the two, Krem is only addressed in a single, thankfully short scene, which, despite doing a whole lot of damage to the Qunari lore, seemed to me like the writers having a bout of clarity and saying "yeah, yeah, he's transexual, BUT THE REAL DEAL IS THAT HE'S A DESERTER AND CHEATED ON HIS MILITARY TESTS SO TEVINTER WANTS TO EAT HIS LIVER". Meanwhile, I went through the entire game without Dorian openly acknowledging himself as gay even once [I'm told it is something only happens in his personal sidequest, which I for some reason didn't trigger], and he was one of the best companions in the game.
>>
>>321141926
I kinda get that, but inquisition didn't do shit accept gloss over everything, with the whole "OMG who cares look big hole in the sky bruv" making everything that happened in origins, awakening, and 2 fucking pointless, I wish the game at least used the flemeth storyline but instead it keeps dragging that shit along like we don't see where it's going, inqusition was just a rushed next gen title with very few redeeming qualities, I know 2 sucks but it still continued the story somewhat
>>
>>321142250

That's good. Fuck Bioware for that war room system, I can't believe someone gave that shit the green light. It was like a fucking F2P cell phone game mechanic where you'd use microtransactions to speed up the clock, except someone reminded them at the last second that people would lose their shit if they did that, so they took out the microtransactions and left the mechanic as is.

How can one company be so goddamn incompetent?
>>
>>321142341
Literally breaks the game.
>>
>>321142341
why would I pick KE when I can just go Champion and never die
>>
>>321142347
Dorian is a pretty based motherfucker.
>>
>>321142347
I don't know, I felt like Dorian was just a thrown in gay character, I didn't like how his companion quest had to do with his dad not approving of his sexual preference, he's a mage, which in that world is one of the worst things you can be in terms of being different but he's from tevinter so that wouldn't make sense, I just wish I could see him as something other than, the gay mage character, but that's all the game lets him be
>>
>>321141197
>tfw I actually had a hard time with this bitch
>tfw completely fucked up the dance scene the first time and had to redo it

c-could it be? a-am I just a filthy casual?

should i just end it now
>>
I couldn't finish it. I got relatively far into it, I assume. Got up to some place with a witch with purple hair or something talking about a bunch of mirrors.
>>
>>321142740
It's a testament to the utter failure of the marketing of this game that if anyone were to say something like this in the months preceding the release they'd be laughed off the board.

>>321142943
Maybe it's a case of the personal quest soiling the character, but for me, who didn't get to do it, I got nothing but a character whose central reason for being is being a Tevinter that isn't a combination of murderous, insane and evil, and actually puts forth a pretty convincing case as for why his entire country is not, in fact, an endless horde of baby eaters.
>>
>>321141714
>>321142452

>accept
>accept

I don't even necessarily disagree with your posts, but REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>321139583
Mages feel way weaker compared to Origins and 2, but that's probably only because they were unstoppable demigods in those games. I hear Arcane Warrior is stupidly powerful in Inquisition but I haven't played as one.
>>
>>321142978
Isn't the dance scene solved by just choosing the vague response almost every single time?
>>
>>321142978
never agree with her on anything its not hard
>>
>>321143315
AAAAHHH fuck me, sorry shit I just got off work guess I'm out of it
>>
>>321143375
Arcane Warrior is ridiculous in this game. You can solo bosses on hardest difficulty just from its shield shit
>>
>>321143237
Dorian's patriotism is so refreshing given how anti-everything most of the other companions are
>>
>>321143843
agreed, I hate how this game has to try and be neutral on every stance so that your character can always be the good guy, I loved finally having someone with some damn conviction
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.