[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
last game you DROPPED and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 81ZJbDEU7cL._SX425_.jpg (78 KB, 425x545) Image search: [Google]
81ZJbDEU7cL._SX425_.jpg
78 KB, 425x545
>party chooses which enemy to attack random
>>
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken. I pirated it after seeing some minor praise and while the presentation is entertaining, the game itself is just.. the definition of mediocre. I don't dislike it but one hour or so was enough.
>>
>>321135450
Etrian Odyssey
That grind. Good lord that fucking grind.
That and a FOE joined a random battle I was in mid-fight, killed me and made me salty as fuck because I hadn't saved in an hour of grinding.
>>
>>321135450
White Knight Chronicles 1&2. Ive actually been playing this off and on for a few years. Worse Level 5 game. Cant believe we got these instead of Dark Cloud 3.
>>
Mind Zero. Holy shit it's bad.
I was expecting a below average dungeon crawler, but there's no reason for me or anyone to play it.
The characters are all terrible.

Is Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines decent? It's $10 and I'm debating that or finally getting P4AU DLC characters.
>>
>>321136098
FOEs being allowed to continue moving while you are in battle is so...ugh. I mean, yeah I get it is supposed to be challenging, but that almost always leads to you dying and it's frustrating as hell to be put in a situation where you can't avoid an enemy that is specifically avoidable otherwise because you can't possibly kill it.
>>
>>321136674
It's fine, but the time management aspect is a little more strict than I like.
>>
File: ak7jbp.jpg (106 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
ak7jbp.jpg
106 KB, 960x544
>>321136674
My only complaint was that your offspring don't look like their divine parent. I want to sire a badass whale samurai, damnit.
>>
>>321137486
>>321136969
Hmm. Maybe I'll sleep on it.
I don't have many RPGs to play, and I've been wanting something to play that was relaxing.
I'll check out the demo and go from there.
Thanks, anons.
>>
RDR. I was hoping it wasn't just another GTA game.

>>321136674
I enjoyed Oreshika, but it's not for everyone. It has very little exploration, few characters to speak of, and a bare-bones plot.

On the plus side, the clan management aspect is actually pretty unique and interesting. The combat has no real gimmicks to make it stand apart from other turn-based systems, but there are a ton of skills and they are nearly all useful: you actually have meaningful decisions to make when battling a serious opponent. There are also a bunch of different boss-caliber enemies, most of which have very distinct abilities.
>>
>>321135450
Your ability to attack certain enemies depends on your class and weapon, or the skill you use. Most classes attack a random enemy from the line you select which is based on your range. Archers can attack a specific enemy and skills are all a case by case basis.

If you want a real complaint about Operation Abyss then look at the godawful menu design that wastes your time with so many needless button prompts.
>>
>>321135450
Zestiria

Got bored 10 hours in. Camera and combat are horrible, didn't really like the story either. Some characters were likable, but I didn't even get to meet all of them by the time I dropped it.
>>
>>321137486
Occasionally they will inherit a divine feature like animal ears or horns, but it is pretty rare and doesn't seem to happen with every god.
>>
>>321136803
You fucking idiot, FOEs moving in battle is perfectly fair and it's there so you keep your surroundings in mind. There are also FOEs that will ignore you and keep following their standard path or FOEs that will only gun for you if you're in battle while near them.
You get plenty of items to help you avoid FOEs. Do not blame the game for your own incompetence.
>>
>>321137486
The Pantheon is really the most interesting part of the game.
So many cute girls.
>>
File: titansouls.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
titansouls.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>321135450
Final boss is bullshit and the game just hasn't been satisfying up to that point.
>>
>>321138309
iirc, the probability increases if you keep using the same god.
>>
>>321138474
>I hope my offspring looks cool
>It's another fat black guy
>>
>>321138850
>This fire god looks cool, I hope my offspring looks cool
>Ganguro
>>
>>321138850
Blame yourself.
>>
File: this game fucking sucks.png (522 KB, 662x384) Image search: [Google]
this game fucking sucks.png
522 KB, 662x384
>>321139020
>fire god
>looks cool
>>
>>321137916
Well thanks, anon. This was good information.
I'm going to pick it up while it's on sale then. It sounds like something I can put some time into and not be on edge while playing like Freedom Wars.
Cheers.
>>
>>321140558
>not be on edge while playing like Freedom Wars.
That'll depend on the time setting you use. On the faster settings every dungeon run is a race against the clock. You can set it to give you more time but you then have to grind more.
>>
Hyperdimension Neptunia

There is just nothing going on in that game. Picked it up for six bucks, played for two hours, never played it since. It's spawned into a fucking giant ass franchise because it has anime girls.

The anime girls don't even look particularly good. They're generic as fuck.

I honestly have more of problem with people that play these games than people that buy every CoD or AssCreed.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.