[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the trick to get tons of ethers in Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: Lulu.png (197 KB, 300x527) Image search: [Google]
Lulu.png
197 KB, 300x527
So what's the trick to get tons of ethers in Final Fantasy X? I was playing the HD Remaster for PS3 and I was fighting Sin outside the airship but I ended up dying because I was running out of MP for Lulu and Yuna because I use their powerful spells like Flare with double cast and Holy with Yuna. I feel like I barely found ethers in the game at all (I have only about 10). Are ethers chest treasure itemss only? Because random peddlers don't seem to sell any.
>>
File: Lulu_Menu.jpg (52 KB, 394x600) Image search: [Google]
Lulu_Menu.jpg
52 KB, 394x600
I feel like I'm getting near the end of the game but I have barely good healing items, like I have 99 al-behd potion but they barely heal a 1000 HP a turn. Most enemies can one shot party members aside Auron and Wakka because they have more HP and Yuna doesn't have multi cast for curative spells but then she is kind of bad because I don't use her very often.
>>
Sounds like you're underleveled friend.
>>
Don't want to be a dick but FFX is probably the easiest mainline FF overall just because there's nothing in the game that can't be overcome by like 10 to 15 minutes of grinding/buying some spheres

if Yuna blows/your party members aren't strong enough, just fill out your empty spheres and use her in some shit ass battles, get her some AP and some sphere levels, boom, you're good. Save points even heal you to full, it's so damn easy.
>>
>>321126997
Get Yuna's ultimate weapon. It's easy to get and it's two upgrades are even easier to nab. Itso main draw is that it reduces her mp usage to 1 for every spell. Never run out of mp again
>>
>>321126997
the trick is to get both of their ultimate weapons with crests/sigls to unlock the mp 1 ability so ethers become irrelevant
>>
>>321128953
I don't think it's because I'm underleveled, I'm just lacking ethers and Elexirs to give to Lulu and Yuna when they get low on MP
>>
>>321126997
>So what's the trick to get tons of ethers in Final Fantasy X?
MORE
BELTS
>>
>>321129169
have you filled out your empty spheres with MP Spheres?
>>
Lulu's effectiveness drops off significantly in the latter of the game because strong magics delays your turn too much and her agility is already the worst in the game. I've beat the game on ps2/3 at least 3 times and I don't ever having low mana problems. I'm sure there is a shop somewhere that sell ethers.
>>
>>321129315
not really, I mean aren't MP Spheres kind of rare anyway? Just like LV3 Spheres
>>
>>321129169
see there are these items called "three stars" and this weapon ability called "1 mp cost"

>>321128768
git gud
>>
>>321128768
I know what you did. you just swapped out lulu and yuna so they get no levels. but i could swear leveling up is just based on sphere grids.
>>
>>321129568
you can farm Vidatu for MP spheres
>>
>>321129595
I use Lulu most of the game and Auron though.
>>
>>321129595
it is, and considering apparently even normal mobs one shit his party he probably used flee for like 60%+ of his battles

how do you fuck up this bad this game isn't even hard
>>
Just get Yuna's celestial weapon. Then MP stops being an issue, at all.
>>
>>321129595
it is but you do have to use them in battle to get sphere levels to progress through the grid

if you don't use party members, they won't get stronger, same as any other JRPG, it's just a less straightforward way of doing it
>>
>>321129595
well it's true that I didn't use much Yuna, but Lulu was always one of my main party member.
>>
Magic is honestly next to useless in the endgame because if you upgrade your physical characters enough, their basic attacks are faster and far more damaging than spells.

If Auron's Overdrives aren't hitting for 99,999 you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>321130756
>using anyone but Captain Bleetzbohl

i guess you don't like hitting gods in the face with spiked volleyballs for max damage multiple times because Roulette is fucking broken
>>
>>321130935
Yeah but that requires using Wakka normally, where he kinda sucks. Useful for the Dark Aeons and Penance, but for story content, it's just overkill. You can already practically oneshot most bosses with Tidus and Auron
>>
>>321129024
>>321129581
to me it's a blind playthrough because I don't use guides to look for items. But I'm complete retard and surely don't know how to use the Sphere grid efficiently. I just tend to have sometimes have some bad boss fights and end up dying on some random turns.
>>
File: Greater Sphere.png (228 KB, 478x352) Image search: [Google]
Greater Sphere.png
228 KB, 478x352
Hello anons, would you like to go luck spheres?
>>
>>321131635
How the hell do you have so many HP? My Auron has in the 5000-6000 HP and it's the character I've used the most.
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1663.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>321131886
That's just a pic I got off youtube, I had 21k on my PS2 but I realized how fucking useless that was.

I just spend an hour or two farming HP spheres in the monster arena. It's time consuming as hell but it's necessary for end-game fights that aren't part of the story.
>>
>>321132206
I feel like I'm trying to rush to finish FFX story so that I can start FF-X2 after that. But then I have no idea, then uninstall FFX/FFX-2 HD so that I can delete it and download again LBP2 because comfy time.
>>
>>321131635
>Kevin
Anon please tell me you just found this image floating around the internet like a light turd floats on a bowl.
>>
File: fuckingfilesizes.png (1 MB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
fuckingfilesizes.png
1 MB, 816x612
>>321132739
I think overgrinding before getting to fight the final boss the first time kinda ruins it. Just keep trying.

>>321132886
>>321132206
>>
File: le netflix face.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
le netflix face.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>321126997
AHAHAHAHAH CHEST BEEFERS
>>
>>321132958
I would feel like a complete casual to refer to guides, but I'm already a casual for dying during bosses fights. Sometimes random encounters too because misjudgement or something like that.
>>
>>321133339
What boss fight are you stuck on right now? Are you the OP whose at Sin?
>>
>>321126997
By the time you get to Sin you should have at least one equipment that has "MP move" which recovers MP as you move on the map. There's also an HP equivalent.
>>
>>321126997
You can get an ability for bother Lulu and Yuna that makes every single spell literally cost only 1 MP.

Although if you're actually stuck in FFX, no offense, you just suck and need to get good. FFX is by far the easiest of the mainline numbered FF games (though a few of the sequels/spinoffs, such as X-2 and XIII-2, are even easier).
>>
Figure I'll just ask here since it's an FFX thread, but how do I get gil? I'm at Yojimbo's cave but I only have 150k, and then I won't be able to afford using him even when I can afford him. Also I wanted to triple his price for the teleport spheres, how do I make gil?
>>
>>321133186
>i always liked this desi-
>HEY MEME RE
>gn because it reminds me so much abou-
>FERENCE BECAUSE OF THE THING
>eh-heh?
>>
>>321134075
Fight One-Eye in the monster arena and sell the loot you get from him. Though if you don't have much accuracy to fight him, you're fucked.
>>
>>321133863
It's not that I'm necessarily stuck. I guess I just died to Sin on Cid's airship. I got a bad turn. But it's the whole sequence to redo that seems to be very long. Like I think they called it the core.
>>
>>321126997
magic falls off in the late game
hastege+quick hit spam+delay buster if applicable is way better

Theres also a way to make all spells cost 1mp

>>321134075
you can spend 1 gil on him per turn if you want
>>
>>321131514
What's hard about the sphere grid? If you play the standard grid, then just activate every node you get across and you will naturally become strong enough for the whole main story and by the time you have finished your character's path, then just move onto another.
>>321131886
HP inflates very quickly once you finish the main story and move on to the optional stuff, you need break hp limit on armor though. Breaking the 9999 barrier in this game is pointless though, because it's very difficult to heal consistently and effectively more than 9999 hp. It's far better to just focus on defensive stats and just have 9999 hp for every character.
>>
>>321134075
Omega Ruins. The mimics.
>>
>>321134716
most of my characters have in 3000 HP, aside Yuna which has like 2200
>>
>>321134914
Where in the game are you? That seems like a decent number for the end of the main story.
>>
>>321135072
The last thing I've seen is that we met with Mika, then got on Cid airship to go fight Sin, then there was that huge Earth cutscene where it's like split apart.
>>
>>321135072
>>321135305
I'm like a bit after Yunalesca boss fight. I thought she was annoying because of her zombifying attacks almost every turn.
>>
>>321135305
iirc that fight was heavily reliant on how much damage you can throw at sin per turn. Especially at the last part. As long as you use a heavy hitter or 2 like Tidus and Auron and preserve your MP for heals you should be fine.

Are you doing the standard sphere grid or the advanced/whatever it's called
>>
>>321136016
standard because I'm a casual and it's pretty much one of my first time playing it.
>>
>>321136232
There really isn't much of a reason to not choose standard unless you're doing another run of the game and just want to mix things up.

Did you finish your main party members' paths? You'll know when you reach the dead end because you get an annoying level 3 or 4 key sphere in your way.
>>
>>321135305
Just keep on going, by this point the only thing that is going to really stop you is the final boss who suddenly starts dealing more damage than what you are used to, but that is easily fixed with stamina tablets that doubles your max hp for one battle. If you activate every node you get across, you are going to become powerful naturally.

If you have played right by activating all "non empty" nodes and haven't fled from any battles, you should be close to finishing every character's path soon. You'll know you are there when you are not far from nodes like Holy, Quick hit etc.

Also about the earth splitting part, it's very weird because that event is never mentioned again after that cutscene and you don't see any evidence of it ever happening in the world.
>>
File: 100_8597.jpg (474 KB, 3280x1965) Image search: [Google]
100_8597.jpg
474 KB, 3280x1965
>>321136505
I think I did most. But there were times I couldn't access all of their skills because I lacked Sphere Grid lv 3 or 4
>>
>>321136639
the only few times I fled was against the blob thing can resist both physical and magical damage while taking forever to kill. But otherwise I never really fled battles, but maybe I just didn't stay long enough to battle in many areas.
>>
>>321136718
I think you're well leveled enough to pull through. Do you have the good overdrives for Tidus/Auron? I remember abusing the fucking shit out of Blitz Ace during Sin's fight, though I think it was more of because it was just so fun to watch.

If you actually do feel you are underleveled, get fucked in the ass a few times at the Omega Dungeon, which may require some time on the airship map mashing X.

Honestly I feel like if you were able to get through Yunalesca and Seymour Flux, the rest of the bosses shouldn't really come off as a challenge
>>
>>321137089
>maybe I just didn't stay long enough to battle in many areas.

Probably the opposite, just running straight through every area from start to finish and fighting the random battles throughout the whole game should be more than enough to finish your character's routes by the end of the game.
>>
>>321130935
That requires using wakka, who's a huge faggot. If there was an option to leave him somewhere to die in that game, I would do it every playthrough.
>>
>>321131635
Fucking A, Kevin, get a better camera.
>>
>>321126997
By the time you're at that point in the game, you should be near to or completed with each characters respective sphere grids. Once you hit that point, you're powerful enough to finish the game. You shouldn't need to level up any more.

Regarding your ether problem, just use elixers. You only have the final boss after that, so there's no need to hold them. Given the way your party is going now, it's doubtful that you're going to tackle post-game content, so you don't need to worry about hoarding them.
>>
>>321126997
Also, I really hope you've leveled all your characters and not just your 3 "mains". All the characters in FFX have a specific niche, at least in the confines of the main story (with the exception of Kimhari). If they're not all leveled and used, you're just making it harder for yourself.
>>
File: 1450220574847.gif (1 MB, 200x136) Image search: [Google]
1450220574847.gif
1 MB, 200x136
Since this is FFX, might as well ask. I just started playing a few hours ago and lost the blitzball tournament where you go against the luca or whatever. Holy fuck, why was it so hard?
>>
>>321139002
Because the Aurochs are fucking shit. Don't feel bad about losing the blitzball tournament though, all you get is a strength sphere, nothing else really changes.
>>
>>321139002
your team
>>
>>321138774
This. There is no exp penalty for having more characters in a battle. Every character except for Kimahri excels in dealing with one enemy type. Tidus for fast fiends, Wakka for flying fiends, Lulu for magic weak fiends, Auron for tanky fiends, Rikku for machina and you make Kimahri whatever role you think you lack. The game is designed around you using every character in every battle, it's also why the party almost never splits up, because the game was designed that way.

>>321139002
The first match is extremely difficult if you don't know what you are doing and even then there is a big luck factor involved. Look it up on youtube how to win if you are interested, you are awarded a 4+ strength sphere if you win which is extremely useful this early in the game, it will immediately increase Tidus' damage several times.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.