[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demon's Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 2445882-demons.jpg (281 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2445882-demons.jpg
281 KB, 1280x720
>Start as temple knight, as it has good stats, shield, full armor and halberd.

Is this a legit tips for beginner? Because fighting in narrow corridors and in places with so many hindrances with a halberd is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>321120709
What? narrow corridors don't impede halberd use at all.
>>
>>321120843
Really? It felt like my attacks don't connect and just hit the walls. It's not?
>>
>>321121056
stop using the wild swing
>>
>>321121145
Is wild swing the normal attack? Now I remember you can hold the weapon with two hands, do you mean I should do that? But then I can't use the shield. I guess that's how halberd user rolls?
>>
>>321121056
Position yourself better.
>>
>>321121623
So I should git gud.

Also is it a legit tips too to unequip some of the armor in the beginning so my movement gets faster? Something like not having enough endurance for wearing full armor.
>>
Halberd in narrow corridor is surely an advantage?
>>
>>321122325
If thrusting, I think so. That's why I think I should hold it with two hands. That's probably how I will thrusting instead of swinging it when attacking. It's just when I do that the shield will be unequipped and depending on the situation I think it will just making me more vulnerable.
>>
>>321122238
Depends if you care about fatrolling or not. Also missing attacks and (I think) hitting an enemy's guard/shield something like doubles your recovery time after attacking when using a halberd. It is a hefty, damaging weapon but must be used correctly or becomes a hindrance.

Get in the habit of swapping to 2h to attack, then 1h to focus on defense and movement. Breaking your fights up into these 2 phases should help you discern attacking opportunities, since you're using such a slow and exposing weapon it will help you get better with any melee in the game.

Armour is up to you really, I think being heavily laden affects sprint distance or speed or stamina cost per second or some shit so basically sprinting will be less effective the more you wear, also you roll much slower and fastrolling is very helpful although you can get by without it. I would say since you're using a halberd you'll want faster rolling, when you're exposed with the halberd you're guaranteed to take a fair whack in damage, might as well take a little more every now and then for the better chance of evading your enemies all the time.

Good luck nigga.
>>
>>321120709
Just use another weapon. You're not stuck with the starting equipment.
>>
>>321123492
Thanks anon. I need it.

>>321123640
Yeah, I'm thinking about it but I'll stick with halberd for now. >>321123492
gave interesting tips but If I really couldn't do it with this stick I'll change my weapon.
>>
File: 1428376800476.jpg (372 KB, 1500x1111) Image search: [Google]
1428376800476.jpg
372 KB, 1500x1111
So old king alant is kicking my shit and i hate having to go run up against a dragon to fight him everytime
>>
>>321121547
>using a shield in a souls game
This is what made dark souls 2 bad
>>
File: 1428377279275.jpg (81 KB, 772x900) Image search: [Google]
1428377279275.jpg
81 KB, 772x900
>>321125708
Holly shit you just summed it the fuck up. Demons souls i used the cleaver greatshit no need of shield, das1 I used the large club with the grassroot on my back. das2 I dont know what im doing I keep getting smashed o deatyh by all these goddam mobs in armor. bb kirks blade doesnt even have shields
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.